Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Recent Comic Strips From 2020 To The Present...

I don't think we've ever had a thread devoted to just the newspaper comic strips (lots of comic book ones over the years).

What are your classic favorites?

Have you discovered any new ones that you think will be the next crop of success stories?

For those of you outside the US can you name or post a strip from your country?

Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 1, 2023 1:02 PM

[quote]For those of you outside the US can you name or post a strip from your country?

In the UK. It's not a strip but Matt cartoons are always good. I think he's the highest paid newspaper cartoonist.

by Anonymousreply 1September 1, 2023 7:32 AM

Scott Adams has become so crazy that I've had to give up on Dilbert, even in rerun cartoons. Nothing struck my funny bone with such regularity as the Far Side, and it's a tragedy that Gary Larson retired from it so young after only 15 years. But he felt he was getting repetitive, and maybe he was right to keep from getting stale.

by Anonymousreply 2September 1, 2023 8:17 AM

Gary Lawson was great. Dilbert used to be too, really incisive at times, and working in an IT related field for a corporate I found it relatable a lot of the time. Unfotunately as R2 says its creator has lost the plot of late

One I love that I hope becomes a huge success is Red Meat, although the black humour might be a barrier to really mainstream success

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 1, 2023 1:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!