Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Republican activist stabbed to death in New Hampshire

Sounds like he was one of the election deniers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 4, 2024 8:12 AM

Feel good news story of the week!

by Anonymousreply 1August 28, 2023 2:33 PM

Beautiful smile. NOT.

by Anonymousreply 2August 28, 2023 2:33 PM

Is he a Log Cabin guy? No wife or kids are mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 3August 28, 2023 2:34 PM

R1 how sick.

by Anonymousreply 4August 28, 2023 2:34 PM

It sounds like it may have been a domestic scuffle......the article says that authorities are trying to determine if he was stabbed in self-defense.

by Anonymousreply 5August 28, 2023 2:36 PM

Male trick?

by Anonymousreply 6August 28, 2023 2:38 PM

That's a cookie smelling face if I ever saw one. R6 could be on to something.

by Anonymousreply 7August 28, 2023 2:41 PM

One less MAGAt in the world.

by Anonymousreply 8August 28, 2023 2:44 PM

I hope it’s not another case of where the over-the-top rhetoric in political discussions inspired someone to feel justified in murdering him.

by Anonymousreply 9August 28, 2023 2:53 PM

Durham. That’s where the state university is. Small town.

by Anonymousreply 10August 28, 2023 3:09 PM

His associates, the ones quoted about him in the article, sound all broken up by his passing. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 11August 28, 2023 3:13 PM

Gay face for days.

by Anonymousreply 12August 28, 2023 3:17 PM

Let's hope it's the usual rethug shenanigans rearing their ugly heads and not some unhinged person claiming to be a dem.

While many might think it's time to declare open season on rethugs, just like rethugs and their puppets have declared open season on dems and anything remotely liberal for decades, it really shouldn't be condoned.

by Anonymousreply 13August 28, 2023 3:19 PM

Election denier. Closet case. Dead.

by Anonymousreply 14August 28, 2023 3:28 PM

The world is a much better place without him.

When a person is presented with a set of facts, and that person willfully chooses to ignore those facts and persist in living in some self-created, make-believe fairy tale world, we and his family and friends are better off without him.

Sorry, not sorry.

by Anonymousreply 15August 28, 2023 3:45 PM

Whoever that guy is from behind on the thumbnail pic has a great ass

by Anonymousreply 16August 28, 2023 3:52 PM

The NY Post article says that the cops have everyone involved but don't say who that is, not even identifying them as him/her, friend/relative, spouse, etc.

I predict: He lost his mind over Dump's mug shot. His beard-wife finally got sick of his crazy, white supremacist shit and stabbed him in the neck.

by Anonymousreply 17August 28, 2023 5:46 PM

Did he say something bad about trump or say climate change is real ? Those are triggering remarks for the maga wackos

by Anonymousreply 18August 28, 2023 10:29 PM

Not that this discounts the cookie sniffing, but he had a wife and three kids.

by Anonymousreply 19August 28, 2023 10:58 PM

Don't we have any people from New Hampshire on the DL?

Find out who stabbed this MAGA fucker in the neck - they know who it is, why won't they say?

Unless it's one of the kids...

by Anonymousreply 20August 28, 2023 11:25 PM

"Talcott was remembered as “a staunch advocate for the core values of the Republican Party” who had an “unwavering belief in liberty, free markets and limited government,” the state director for the New Hampshire chapter of the Republican National Lawyers Association (RNLA) told NBC 10 Boston."

“Alex was an exceptionally skilled champion for the rule of law and the importance of fair and honest elections. We will forever honor Alex’s selfless dedication and profound contributions to our shared vision of liberty through legal processes,” William O’Brien also said."

Maybe it was a MAGAt who killed him...

by Anonymousreply 21August 28, 2023 11:38 PM

Here we are demonizing this man as if we knew his motivations. He may have been anti-magat for all we know. We could be vilifying a hero.

by Anonymousreply 22August 28, 2023 11:40 PM

Who are you talking about, R22?

The dead guy was full-monty MAGAT and a long-term full-monty MAGAT at that.

We don't know who stabbed him in the neck and killed him yet and the cops are reluctant to release that information. They have the perpetrator so it's not like they're looking for the man, woman or child who did this. They just won't tell the public who that is right now.

It's weird.

by Anonymousreply 23August 29, 2023 12:03 AM

His kids were home schooled.

Family member.

by Anonymousreply 24August 30, 2023 4:52 PM

Usually they'd ID the wife right away, if she'd been the stabber.

My money's on one of those homeschooled kids. Homeschooling is such a totally fucking stupid thing to do anyway. I've only known ONE case where homeschooling worked out. A set designer/builder and his children made it work when the kids were young. It was either that or they'd never get to see their father, he was on location all the time, building sets. When they got to be highschool aged, he took up working in television so that the kids would be in regular school. They're great kids, no religious crazy bullshit whatsoever from the parents and they all went on to decent educations.

by Anonymousreply 25August 30, 2023 7:14 PM

I believe the schools are excellent in that town. No reason to home school.

by Anonymousreply 26August 30, 2023 7:22 PM

They might learn some Pinko-Commie shit, R26, like liberty and justice for all, everyone's equal in the eyes of the law, and all men are created equal.

We simply can't have our children being brainwashed with that crap.

by Anonymousreply 27August 30, 2023 7:27 PM

My former in-laws are from that neck of the woods. Republicans native to that area ( as well as much of N.H.) are positively RABID in their political views, while at the same time like to project themselves in the manner of North-East "Prestige" and somehow being above the fray of the common rabble. As if.

by Anonymousreply 28August 30, 2023 7:35 PM

As someone born and raised in New England, I can assure you that no New Hampshire Republicans are considered "North Eastern prestige" Republicans. They may consider themselves "above the fray" but to everyone else in New England they are the fray.

They indulge in far fewer episodes of religious-extremist nutjobbery, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 29August 30, 2023 7:45 PM

Horse dna

by Anonymousreply 30August 30, 2023 8:49 PM

Those who would be surprised that "another staunch advocate for the core values of the Republican party", the party of family values, died at the hands of their male prostitute please raise your hand. Anyone? Anyone at all?

by Anonymousreply 31August 30, 2023 8:56 PM

I think all the kids are under 10; I guess a fatal stab in the neck could be inflicted by anyone, especially if they were lashing out during a tantrum, but I doubt it's very common. The mother is a social worker and therapist; if it's her, she must have really snapped, but as someone mentions up thread, she'd probably have been arrested by now... This one's for you, DL detectives.

by Anonymousreply 32August 30, 2023 9:00 PM

From USA Today. Read into this what you will:

[quote]Authorities said they have identified all the parties involved in the incident and are investigating whether the person who killed Talcott acted in self-defense. No arrests have been made but officials have said there is no danger to the public.

And then:

[quote]Talcott was a Republican lawyer who once taught at the University of New Hampshire. Town Administrator Todd Selig, who also oversees the local police department, said he felt it would be inappropriate for him to provide a comment on Talcott.

[quote]"But we can confirm that Alex Talcott was active in local affairs on and off over the years having served on both the Zoning Board of Adjustment and the Economic Development Committee at different times," Selig said. "Alex had not been on local boards for several years, however."

That Selig's trying to distance the town from the victim might also be instructive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 30, 2023 9:09 PM

He's no longer teaching at the Uni, he's no longer part of the Rethug boards controlling the party in NH.

So what WAS he doing?

by Anonymousreply 34August 30, 2023 9:20 PM

I thought it read “finally stabbed.”

by Anonymousreply 35August 30, 2023 9:21 PM

The Washington elites are behind this!

They’re coming for Trump next!

by Anonymousreply 36August 30, 2023 9:23 PM

He had a wife and three kids. Where were they when this happened?

by Anonymousreply 37August 30, 2023 9:32 PM

Recent update doesn't offer much news. Strange case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 19, 2023 7:51 AM

Weird

by Anonymousreply 39October 19, 2023 8:47 AM

In most places they'd just blame it on some random black guy. I guess that doesn't work in New Hampshire

by Anonymousreply 40October 19, 2023 8:48 AM

Well, something is going on behind closed doors. I don't think I've ever read something like this, “At this point, the investigation into Mr. Talcott’s death remains active and ongoing, and it includes whether the person who stabbed Mr. Talcott acted in self-defense,” Garrity said.

Police and Garrity have said there is no danger to the community stemming from the case. No arrests have been made, and police know who stabbed Talcott."

The authorities know who stabbed Talcott?

by Anonymousreply 41October 19, 2023 9:53 AM

It’s a very small town except for the university and since it’s not involved, they can keep a lid on it.

by Anonymousreply 42October 19, 2023 12:43 PM

please don't cite the NYPost

by Anonymousreply 43October 19, 2023 12:57 PM

Follow his Grindr messages.

by Anonymousreply 44October 19, 2023 12:58 PM

He had one of the gayest gay faces ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 19, 2023 12:59 PM

It had to have been a family member. There is no reason that there wouldn't be a gushing obituary about him being a dedicated father and husband other than that the family was involved. Even if it had been a gay hook up gone bad, we would have heard from the family. IMO

The wife doesn't seem like she'd be a stabber.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 19, 2023 1:15 PM

Sounds like Burning Bed type stuff

by Anonymousreply 47October 19, 2023 1:16 PM

He looks like he drank.

by Anonymousreply 48October 19, 2023 1:17 PM

R16 speaks to the heart of the tragedy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 19, 2023 1:26 PM

I wonder if it was one of the children and they can't or won't identify a minor as a suspect. Although it's hard to believe someone under 10 had the strength to inflict a fatal jab.

by Anonymousreply 50October 19, 2023 2:13 PM

“Better watch out, mom!”

by Anonymousreply 51October 19, 2023 2:33 PM

Tots and pears.

by Anonymousreply 52October 19, 2023 2:38 PM

R50, The victim could have been asleep.

by Anonymousreply 53October 19, 2023 2:56 PM

R53... the stabbing occurred in the garage, didn't it? You think he was sleeping in the garage and one of his children entered, knife in hand and stabbed Daddy?

by Anonymousreply 54October 19, 2023 9:51 PM

R50 if the knife is sharp enough it wouldn’t take much. I’m guessing however this is more just circling the wagons to protect the reputation of a wealthy white guy.

by Anonymousreply 55October 20, 2023 5:08 AM

And nothing of value was lost.

by Anonymousreply 56October 20, 2023 5:15 AM

What does a Republican social worker do? Go to people’s houses and tell them to pull themselves up by their bootstraps?

by Anonymousreply 57October 20, 2023 6:16 AM

Finally, some answers. He was a in a suicidal state and attacked his wife with a knife before she was able to kill him. This will the basis for several TV movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 4, 2024 6:08 AM

R57 Also, don’t have an abortion…and we won’t be providing any support when that sacred life is born.

by Anonymousreply 59February 4, 2024 6:16 AM

I think that state director for the New Hampshire chapter of the Republican National Lawyers Association (O'Brien) quoted in the NY Post article is gonna feel awful dumb heaping such praise on the guy before knowing all the facts about what went down.

by Anonymousreply 60February 4, 2024 6:20 AM

Hmmm strange case, why are so many republican men mentally ill?

by Anonymousreply 61February 4, 2024 6:32 AM

R58

Wow. Thanks for the update - though I will never understand why spouses don’t know whether or not taxes have been filed for years. Or mortgage payments. Both partners should keep on top of family finances.

by Anonymousreply 62February 4, 2024 7:21 AM

Another Republican goes off the deep end, surprise!... Said no one ever 🤨

When are we going to declare Republicanism a certified mental disorder?

by Anonymousreply 63February 4, 2024 7:49 AM

Rest in hell REPUBLICUNT.

by Anonymousreply 64February 4, 2024 7:50 AM

If only they had been armed with guns!

by Anonymousreply 65February 4, 2024 7:56 AM

^ Some of the more backward traditional republicans still like using knives 🙄

by Anonymousreply 66February 4, 2024 8:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!