Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Republican Congressman calls TWINK Senate Pages "Jackasses" and "Little Shits!"

Rep. Derrick Van Orden (R-Wis.) is in hot water after he cursed out a group of teenage Senate pages in the Capitol rotunda early Thursday morning.

According to a transcript written by a page minutes after the incident and obtained by The Hill, Van Orden called the pages “jackasses” and “pieces of s‑‑‑,” and told them he didn’t “give a f‑‑‑ who you are.”

The pages are a group of 16- and 17-year-olds who assist Senate operations, and when the Senate works late — as it did Wednesday night on National Defense Authorization Act amendments — pages generally rest nearby in the rotunda.

“Wake the f‑‑‑ up you little s‑‑‑‑. … What the f‑‑‑ are you all doing? Get the f‑‑‑ out of here. You are defiling the space you [pieces of s‑‑‑],” Van Orden said, according to the account provided by the page.

“Who the f‑‑‑ are you?” Van Orden asked, to which one person said they were Senate pages. “I don’t give a f‑‑‑ who you are, get out.”

“You jackasses, get out,” he added.

The incident, which occurred just after midnight, outraged members of the upper chamber, with one calling the string of remarks “horrible.”

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) later on Thursday took to the Senate floor to defend the pages.

“I understand that late last night, a member of the House majority thought it appropriate to curse at some of these young people — these teenagers — in the rotunda. I was shocked when I heard about it, and I am further shocked at his refusal to apologize to these young people,” he said.

“I can’t speak for the House of Representatives, but I do not think that one member’s disrespect is shared by this body, by [Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.)] and myself.”

Van Orden did not dispute the exchange and defended his actions when asked by The Hill.

“The history of the United States Capitol Rotunda, that during the Civil War it was used as a field hospital and countless Union soldiers died on that floor, and they died because they were fighting the Civil War to end slavery. And I think that place should be treated with a tremendous amount of respect for the dead,” he said.

“If anyone had been laying a series of graves in Arlington National Cemetery, what do you think people would say?”

Punchbowl News was the first outlet to report the incident.

This is not the first time Van Orden has flashed his temper. Van Orden reportedly threatened a 17-year-old library page in his home state over a gay pride display and demanded to know who set it up. The page in question had set the display up, and she told her parents she did not feel safe to return to the library for work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 29, 2023 6:13 PM

Rofl!

Kick their little Twink asses!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 28, 2023 1:30 AM

[quote] According to a transcript written by a page minutes after the incident and obtained by The Hill, Van Orden called the pages “jackasses” and “pieces of s‑‑‑,” and told them he didn’t “give a f‑‑‑ who you are.”

[quote] The pages are a group of 16- and 17-year-olds who assist Senate operations, and when the Senate works late — as it did Wednesday night on National Defense Authorization Act amendments — pages generally rest nearby in the rotunda.

[quote] “Wake the f‑‑‑ up you little s‑‑‑‑. … What the f‑‑‑ are you all doing? Get the f‑‑‑ out of here. You are defiling the space you [pieces of s‑‑‑],” Van Orden said, according to the account provided by the page.

[quote] “Who the f‑‑‑ are you?” Van Orden asked, to which one person said they were Senate pages. “I don’t give a f‑‑‑ who you are, get out.”

[quote] “You jackasses, get out,” he added.

OMG, what a fucking psycho!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 28, 2023 1:33 AM

[quote] “The history of the United States Capitol Rotunda, that during the Civil War it was used as a field hospital and countless Union soldiers died on that floor, and they died because they were fighting the Civil War to end slavery. And I think that place should be treated with a tremendous amount of respect for the dead,” he said.

Oh, lighten up, Bitch!

by Anonymousreply 3July 28, 2023 1:34 AM

[quote]“The history of the United States Capitol Rotunda, that during the Civil War it was used as a field hospital and countless Union soldiers died on that floor, and they died because they were fighting the Civil War to end slavery. And I think that place should be treated with a tremendous amount of respect for the dead,” he said.

LOL - it had nothing to do with history or respect. He had a hissy fit, then needed to cover up, as they always do, with a blanket of history, respect, and patriotism.

Of course, calling people pieces of shit is soooooo respectful of the history of the building and dropping f-bombs every other word is the height of respect for the dead.

by Anonymousreply 4July 28, 2023 1:39 AM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 5July 28, 2023 1:40 AM

I’d bet he considers the January 6 insurrectionists freedom fighters. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 6July 28, 2023 1:44 AM

[quote] This is not the first time Van Orden has flashed his temper. Van Orden reportedly threatened a 17-year-old library page in his home state over a gay pride display and demanded to know who set it up. The page in question had set the display up, and she told her parents she did not feel safe to return to the library for work.

You in danger, gurl!

This guy is a serious psycho.

by Anonymousreply 7July 28, 2023 1:46 AM

Low class trash.

by Anonymousreply 8July 28, 2023 1:49 AM

I had to kick that page in the face! The honor of the Republic demanded it!

by Anonymousreply 9July 28, 2023 1:50 AM

How have we never heard of this guy before?

He's even nuttier than MTG and Boebert.

by Anonymousreply 10July 28, 2023 1:54 AM

Spoken like a true...republican.

by Anonymousreply 11July 28, 2023 1:58 AM

NOW a rethug is concerned about defiling the building?

by Anonymousreply 12July 28, 2023 2:02 AM

Another asshole who yells at others for being disrespectful while never respecting anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 13July 28, 2023 2:10 AM

He kees a well-known liquor cabinet in his office.

Just sayin’, Google it.

by Anonymousreply 14July 28, 2023 2:12 AM

She looks like she's from Wiskeyconsin.

by Anonymousreply 15July 28, 2023 2:13 AM

Yeah, R6; the insurrectionists who broke stuff and shat all over the Rotunda are doubtless his heroes. The current congressional Republicans are undifferentiated trash.

by Anonymousreply 16July 28, 2023 2:14 AM

Typical "pro life" Republican. Fetuses are more important than a human being. An actual human being is treated like a worthless piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 17July 28, 2023 2:14 AM

That’s not how you speak to pages! You’re supposed to ask them their dick size.

by Anonymousreply 18July 28, 2023 2:17 AM

[quote]Low class trash.

IOW, the epitome of today's Republican Party.

by Anonymousreply 19July 28, 2023 2:18 AM

“ And according to Punchbowl News' Max Cohen, Van Orden — who said in his statement that the Capitol "should never be treated like a frat house common room" — was heard drunkenly partying loudly with his staff before the incident.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 28, 2023 2:20 AM

But were they Twink, Twinks?

by Anonymousreply 21July 28, 2023 2:22 AM

I think he’s a homo.

by Anonymousreply 22July 28, 2023 2:23 AM

He's going to start asking why his coffee has an odd flavor lately.

by Anonymousreply 23July 28, 2023 2:23 AM

I'll investigate and let you know Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 24July 28, 2023 2:23 AM

[quote] ‘Shocked’ Schumer issues defense of Senate pages who were cursed at by GOP lawmaker

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) took to the floor Thursday to issue a defense of the Senate pages after a House Republican cursed at a number of them late Wednesday night.

Schumer said prior to passage of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that he was “shocked” by the actions of Rep. Derrick Van Orden (R-Wis.). The lawmaker yelled multiple obscenities at pages, who are 16- and 17-year olds who assist Senate operations.

When the Senate works late — as it did Wednesday night on NDAA amendments — pages generally rest nearby in the rotunda.

“I understand that late last night, a member of the House majority thought it appropriate to curse at some of these young people — these teenagers — in the rotunda. I was shocked when I heard about it, and I am further shocked at his refusal to apologize to these young people,” Schumer said.

“I can’t speak for the House of Representatives, but I do not think that one member’s disrespect is shared by this body, by [Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.)] and myself.”

Schumer went on to thank the pages for their assistance, and senators proceeded to give them a standing ovation.

McConnell agreed with Schumer’s defense of the pages, saying afterward on the floor that he would like to “associate myself with the remarks of the majority leader.”

“Everybody on this side of the aisle feels exactly the same way,” McConnell said.

According to a transcript written by a page minutes after the incident and obtained by The Hill, Van Orden called the pages “jackasses” and “pieces of s‑‑‑,” and told them he didn’t “give a f‑‑‑ who you are.”

“Wake the f‑‑‑ up you little s‑‑‑‑. … What the f‑‑‑ are you all doing? Get the f‑‑‑ out of here. You are defiling the space you [pieces of s‑‑‑],” Van Orden said, according to the account provided by the page.

“Who the f‑‑‑ are you?” Van Orden asked, to which one person said they were Senate pages. “I don’t give a f‑‑‑ who you are, get out.”

“You jackasses, get out,” he added.

Van Orden has defended his actions.

“The history of the United States Capitol Rotunda, that during the Civil War it was used as a field hospital and countless Union soldiers died on that floor, and they died because they were fighting the Civil War to end slavery. And I think that place should be treated with a tremendous amount of respect for the dead,” he said.

“If anyone had been laying a series of graves in Arlington National Cemetery, what do you think people would say?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 28, 2023 2:24 AM

He kind of looks like he is either really inbred or has fetal alcohol syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 26July 28, 2023 2:26 AM

Does he speak to all of his twinks that way???

by Anonymousreply 27July 28, 2023 2:27 AM

[quote] In response to the coverage of the late-night altercation, Van Orden confirmed that the incident occurred and issued a statement arguing that he'd been "threatened with bad press" for his outburst.

Bitch is seriously pulling "I'm the victim here!"

by Anonymousreply 28July 28, 2023 2:29 AM

Uh, a bit of objectification there to call these youngsters "twinks". That's as disrespectful as what the Congressman said.

A twink is a piece of hot little ass. Senate pages are there to do a job. They're not pieces of ass.

by Anonymousreply 29July 28, 2023 2:36 AM

R29 unless they are Senate Pages for Miss Lindsey. SHE HAS NEEDS!

by Anonymousreply 30July 28, 2023 2:38 AM

[quote] A twink is a piece of hot little ass. Senate pages are there to do a job. They're not pieces of ass.

Oh, honey.

I DISAGREE!

It's like shopping for veal at the market!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 28, 2023 2:43 AM

Andrew Dismukes was a Senate page?! Compare this pic to the one at r31

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 28, 2023 2:49 AM

This thread is useless without pics of said TWINK pages

by Anonymousreply 33July 28, 2023 2:49 AM

Seriously? Now it's Old Fuckers Gone Wild? Honestly, do I not have enough shit to deal with? Have you seen this fucking caucus?

by Anonymousreply 34July 28, 2023 2:50 AM

“Eat. My. Shit!” 🥧

by Anonymousreply 35July 28, 2023 3:20 AM

Why must we be subjected to this parade of ignorant corrupt republicans. It's clear that they are not a political party but a gang of escaped antsocial personality disorder patients. I fear this country will never heal until 40,000 leading republicans die and the party in general is banned under the RICO statutes.

by Anonymousreply 36July 28, 2023 3:28 AM

In the old days, Senate Pages literally used to be "little."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 28, 2023 4:20 AM

And even in the 1960's, they used to be all male.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 28, 2023 4:21 AM

[quote] This thread is useless without pics of said TWINK pages

r33 Forget Senate pages. What you all really want is a cute teenage boys thread. Be honest.

I think DL is too PC to allow that though.

by Anonymousreply 39July 28, 2023 4:36 AM

What about ME?!

by Anonymousreply 40July 28, 2023 5:23 AM

Daddies must never disrespect their twinks. Strip him of all his honors and parade his naked body down Penn Ave! One thousand musky twink holes must be huffed in penitence.

by Anonymousreply 41July 28, 2023 5:28 AM

We know it's not roid rage, he's a dough boy. I thought SEALs were supposed to be fit.

by Anonymousreply 42July 28, 2023 5:28 AM

This motherfucker threw a hissyfit over a gay pride display at a bookstore

Homophobic MAGA shitstain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 28, 2023 5:35 AM

Sorry, it was a library, not a bookstore

by Anonymousreply 44July 28, 2023 5:36 AM

One of the clever Democrats should shame Van Orden to condemn the J6 insurrectionists or admit he's "grooming" the pages because you can't tell one group they're disrespecting the Capital rotunda but not the other.

by Anonymousreply 45July 28, 2023 5:54 AM

The fathers of the Senate pages should drop by Van Orden's home and beat the shit out of him until he apologizes to these young people.

by Anonymousreply 46July 28, 2023 6:05 AM

LMAO. It's now Gen X on Gen Z violence!

How nice it is to sit these stupid little feuds out!

by Anonymousreply 47July 28, 2023 6:09 AM

He's a drunk who keeps a well-stocked bar.

Shit happens.

by Anonymousreply 48July 28, 2023 7:25 AM

An inveterate, uneducated mean drunk from somewhere in Wisconsin tried to "WHOA!" his sorry ass into National politics and thinks he's ALL OK there?

Well, THANK YOU, ever so much flamboyant Wisconsin. And even if you're not, I loved WI so much!

by Anonymousreply 49July 28, 2023 7:41 AM

A drunk guy with a full service bar in the House of Representatives is OK?

by Anonymousreply 50July 28, 2023 7:59 AM

Of course, as Jayson and Lauren Bobert "deftly" attest!

by Anonymousreply 51July 28, 2023 8:32 AM

Claims of 'respect for the dead' should never supersede the prerogatives of respect for the living.

by Anonymousreply 52July 28, 2023 8:53 AM

So many F bombs and scatology, he sets the Dairy State aside and backward for their poor BS

by Anonymousreply 53July 28, 2023 9:11 AM

Does he have any kids?

If so, I feel sorry for them.

by Anonymousreply 54July 28, 2023 11:27 AM

Thanks for giving us this guy and Ron Johnson, Wisconsin!

by Anonymousreply 55July 28, 2023 11:29 AM

[quote] Thanks for giving us this guy and Ron Johnson, Wisconsin!

And don't forget Taylor Schabusiness of Green Bay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 28, 2023 11:38 AM

[quote] Van Orden is an actor, appearing in Act of Valor (2012), Surviving the Wild (2018) and Running with the Devil (2019). He opened the Butternut Cafe in Butternut, Wisconsin, in 2017.

[quote] On June 17, 2021, Van Orden confronted a staff member at Prairie du Chien Memorial Library in indignation over a display of books with LGBT themes assembled for Pride Month. Van Orden was particularly upset by the book A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo, about a fictional day in the life of Marlon Bundo, the real-life pet rabbit of former Vice President of the United States Mike Pence, and the rabbit's subsequent same-sex romance.

[quote] Van Orden submitted a written complaint to the library that the book was "skewing young people to think that Republicans are not inclusive. This book is not informational, it is propaganda". A staff member described Van Orden as "very uncomfortable, threatening" with "full-on shouting" and "aggressively shoving the books around". He wanted to know who had established the display so he could "teach them a lesson". Van Orden subsequently withdrew all the books on display out of the library and then returned them within a week.

[quote] On August 27, 2021, Van Orden was arrested at the Eastern Iowa Airport in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, after attempting to carry a fully-loaded SIG Sauer handgun through a security checkpoint. He initially pleaded not guilty, but later waived his rights and pleaded guilty. The court ordered Van Orden to pay fines and complete a gun safety program. He was placed on one year's probation on December 28, 2021.

[quote] On July 27, 2023, Van Orden reportedly yelled obscenities at a group of Senate pages who were resting in the rotunda of the Capitol, while working late into the evening, as the Senate was working on amendments to the National Defense Authorization Act. (Senate pages usually rest in the rotunda when the Senate works late into the evening.)

[quote] According to a transcript of the remarks, Van Orden yelled at the pages: “Wake the fuck up you little shits...What the fuck are you all doing? Get the fuck out of here. You are defiling the space, you [pieces of shit],” Van Orden added.

[quote] “Who the fuck are you?” Van Orden asked, to which one person said they were Senate pages. “I don’t give a fuck who you are, get out. You jackasses, get out,” he added.

[quote] Van Orden did not deny this account of events, and declined to issue an apology.

This guy is a total psycho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 28, 2023 11:47 AM

Looks like Representative Yelly McScreamy has kids AND grandkids.

How awful for them.

by Anonymousreply 58July 28, 2023 1:30 PM

What a POS. He represents Wisconsin’s Third Congressional District, which appears to be somewhat of “swing” district. In 2020 he ran against the incumbent Democratic Congressman Ron Kind who had won in a district that had voted for tRump in 2016 and voted for tRump over Biden in 2020.

I hope that his Democratic opponent next year makes a big deal about the fact that this drunken, abusive asshole should be tossed out Congress.

by Anonymousreply 59July 28, 2023 2:10 PM

This patriot is *hic* in perfect health. And I should know, I'm *hic* President Trump's *hic* personal physician. And a drink or two *hic* per day is good for one's health. Please excuse me, Congress is on recess and there's some *hic* great pub crawls coming up in Amarillo.

by Anonymousreply 60July 28, 2023 3:03 PM

I can’t believe I’m doing this, but one part of the complaints against him isn’t really fair.

Yes he threw a temper tantrum about gay books, but it was different than is sometimes being described. What he disliked was a book claiming republicans are not inclusive.

They’re not. The book is right. And he’s a weirdo for complaining about a book having a point of view, just because he doesn’t like it. I don’t like this guy. At all. But he was not complaining about the gay books just because they were gay.

by Anonymousreply 61July 28, 2023 3:15 PM

Ooooooooh. Speaker Q-Anon Kevin is going to have a chat with POS Van Orden. Considering that McCarthy is incapable of finding his spine, I’m sure Van Orden is quaking in his boots.

[quote] McCarthy said the whole incident might be a “misunderstanding.” “I guess the interns have some ritual laying down, or something like that. I think it’s a misunderstanding on all sides from what’s going on,” McCarthy said.

🙄🙄🙄🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 28, 2023 11:11 PM

Nevermind metal detectors for getting into the halls of Congress. They're going to need to start breathalyzing members.

It's too bad one of the pages didn't surreptitiously film him. They were probably too stunned. Or maybe they did and sent the recording on to their supervisor.

by Anonymousreply 63July 28, 2023 11:20 PM

[quote] It's too bad one of the pages didn't surreptitiously film him. They were probably too stunned. Or maybe they did and sent the recording on to their supervisor.

Plus, he's like three times their size.

I'd be too terrified to record him, because in that drunken and enraged state, I'd have no doubt he would physically assault me.

by Anonymousreply 64July 28, 2023 11:28 PM

Has Large Marge fucked this dude yet? Prostitaute Whore Bobo? Or is he a kiddie diddler like Gym Jordan and Rapey McGaetz?

by Anonymousreply 65July 29, 2023 1:06 AM

What I'd give to be a fly on the wall to hear the conversation at r62. I wonder if Van Orden will be thinking, or perhaps saying "You. Are. A. Pussy."

by Anonymousreply 66July 29, 2023 1:16 AM

Were any Twinks harmed?

Or did they just get their feelings hurt?

by Anonymousreply 67July 29, 2023 1:19 AM

He's a big old Karen.

by Anonymousreply 68July 29, 2023 1:28 AM

1) He looks like absolute shit for 53. 2) He looks seriously gay - like a bear template. 3) I doubt he was a Navy Seal for 26 years. This sounds like made-up tough buy bullshit. And he would have been in much better shape.

Not surprising. Republicans are all awful - yes, all Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 69July 29, 2023 1:33 AM

The pages are likely from very well-connected families who can make things very uncomfortable for him and Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 70July 29, 2023 1:40 AM

He’s a pig-headed jackass who refuses to acknowledge that he was wrong about cursing out high school students. Stunning that he refuses to apologize because instead of putting the issue behind him, it’ll be kept alive through the 2024 campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 29, 2023 2:17 AM

R44

Did you read this? Haha!!

Van Orden ended up checking out every book from the display except one a library patron was already reading, she said.

by Anonymousreply 72July 29, 2023 2:24 AM

Ah yes, the House Republicans are well known for their decorum and hard work. Thank you, Rep. Van Orden for defending proper behavior!

by Anonymousreply 73July 29, 2023 2:45 AM

Rep. Derrick Van Orden is a known drunk!

by Anonymousreply 74July 29, 2023 2:47 AM

Still chuckling at Rep. Swalwell saying to Kevin McCarthy, "You. Are. A. Pussy." And McCarthy backing down, well, like one.

by Anonymousreply 75July 29, 2023 2:49 AM

Do you mean like an almond taste R23?

by Anonymousreply 76July 29, 2023 2:52 AM

Another classy Republican to join the baboons of the Freedom Caucus.

by Anonymousreply 77July 29, 2023 2:56 AM

The House is on a 6 week vacation now. He'll be closing down every bar in Wisconsin until September.

by Anonymousreply 78July 29, 2023 3:32 AM

Vhjkk

by Anonymousreply 79July 29, 2023 6:09 PM

Uiui

by Anonymousreply 80July 29, 2023 6:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!