Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Treason Thread #62: Wet, Hot, American Treason

In which the end of Camp Dumpwood is finally in site. Previous thread below.

This is a bit early, there are still about 30 posts left in #61, but getting ready for those multiple indictments in advance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600September 14, 2023 11:58 PM

Hopefully he gets indicted in Georgia!

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2023 4:52 PM

By the way, I love the new thread title

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2023 4:53 PM

Lawrence: RFK Jr.'s lies as House GOP witness have a Trumpian echo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2023 5:09 PM

Decades of drugs will produce nut jobs.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2023 12:55 PM

Nut jobs have always been around. Always. It is modern technology that amplifies them, gives them a platform, helps them find one another and organize. We need to take a look at that. We need to take a look at how mass media has become a threat to democracy. I am a strong advocate for freedom of speech, freedom of the press, etc. but the whole notion of operating for the public good, in the public interest has evaporated and instead we have showbiz, and the news has become a profit center in a network's portfolio.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2023 1:15 PM

Awesome thread title, OP. Well done.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2023 1:16 PM

[quote]Wet, Hot,…

Please OP, enough already about Miss Lindzey.

It is wholesome times now. Rhonda DeSantis is the “in” thing.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2023 1:20 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2023 1:21 AM

[quote] Paladino Jr. has attracted scrutiny in the past for his inflammatory activity on social media. In 2018, Gothamist reported on his posts on the far-right online social network Gab, where he complained about Chicago's "Evil Jewish Mayor's Anti police policies," implied that Africans were “savages” and encouraged followers to “buy ammo” to defend against Democrats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2023 11:18 AM

[quote] "I mean — I say this as a former lifelong Republican — cruelty right now. Being mean, being a bully, being a jerk — that plays big time in my former political party. I think we just have to acknowledge that cruelty right now sells in that party," Walsh added. "That's why [Texas Governor Greg] Abbott's doing, that's why [Florida Governor Ron] DeSantis, right, has done almost everything he's done over the course of the past year."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2023 3:07 AM

R10, so he was right up there with Mark Meadows as a founding member.

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2023 3:21 AM

We call them the “Freedumb Carcass” around these parts.

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2023 3:45 AM

Kirschner on Meadows...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2023 3:49 AM

"indictments tomorrow!" "indictments tomorrow!" tease, tease, tease.

I want to see Donald suffer NOW, dammit. (stamps feet, stomps off)

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2023 3:56 AM

Miles Taylor, the trump white house staffer who anonymously wrote a book from inside trump's white house, is hitting the pods promoting his new book.

Have a listen, what he thinks will happen is trump wins again is horrifying. I don't believe that trump will win, but his ideas about it are really scary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2023 4:42 AM

Although I'm generally not a death penalty sort of guy, there are days when I regret the retirement of the guillotine as a punishment for people who are such obvious and unrepentant traitors.

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2023 10:24 AM

They call themselves the Freedom Caucus, but the larger world outside their bubble calls them the Sedition Caucus. And it was the Tea Party that gave birth to them.

by Anonymousreply 17July 25, 2023 1:26 PM

Episode 4 of The Bulwark on the corruption of Lindsey Graham.

How can the lady be cleansed of corruption? Begone the devil that is controlling her heart and soul!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 25, 2023 2:06 PM

R18, just listened to the podcast about Graham and others. It clearly and concisely describes the danger we're in. Very frightening. Our democracy is still hanging by a thread as the liars and cheats will stop at nothing to further their selfish ends.

by Anonymousreply 19July 25, 2023 5:21 PM

No, they will not, r19.

So it’s important to keep reminding people to vote and get involved. Do what you can when you can. Every little bit helps.

Donate, volunteer. Phone bank, write postcards. Talk to your friends and remind them to vote. Post on social media reminding people to vote. Volunteer for a voter registration drive.

Hell, around here we have a “sign bandit”. Someone makes these hand lettered signs out of foam board, writes stuff like “the GOP is screwing us” and sticks them on the interstate on ramps in suburban areas.

Every time I see one, I cheer. IDK who it is, but this person has taken it upon themselves to get involved the only way they know how. Somethin’ ain’t nothin’.

by Anonymousreply 20July 25, 2023 5:43 PM

Gym “I saw and heard button’ about sexual abuse of wrestlers” Jordan wants to move the F.B.I. headquarters from Washington, DC to Huntsville, Alabama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 25, 2023 8:03 PM

geez

nothing, not botton

by Anonymousreply 22July 25, 2023 8:05 PM

[quote] We have all watched the parade of people interviewed at Trump rallies and in all candor, there is quite literally nothing to be proud of in any of them. To be generous, the entire lot are paranoid, functionally illiterate, insane or embarrassingly stupid. You are welcome to watch all of the YouTube videos of attendees and there are only two characteristics that can be said of the current state of Republicans; you are either evil or wickedly stupid. Do you have no self-respect at long last that you continue to hoist these petards of imbecility into office?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 25, 2023 10:52 PM

R20, I believe in the end they will not win and that rational Americans will vote in force next election for a Democrat. Biden is my choice. Even if he lives one month into his term the right people will be in place to carry on. Anyway, I like him.

I am tired of the crap in the media, however. They do not call out trump's lies to his face like they should. There is too much "both sides-ism" when the freak show is almost exclusively on the right. But it will be a tough fight, the right is ruthless, just listen to the podcasts at R15 and R18, the corruption is deep. Republicans are being relentlessly brainwashed by right wing media with their fear mongering that liberals hate them and want to destroy "their" America.

I think of MAGATs as devil worshippers. It's an irrational devotion to an evil man who is bent on becoming dictator. They hired Satan to run the church.

After trump was elected I joined a political group who wrote letter after letter, marched, emailed congressmen, etc. The elected reps in my area are all Democrats and doing their job. Sending to repukes, the ones I could reach, fell on deaf ears. But you're right, we all have to vote. Pay attention to the details, and vote.

by Anonymousreply 24July 26, 2023 2:53 AM

Rudy admits he lied about GA election workers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 26, 2023 11:02 PM

Republicans are having thoughts and praying.

Was there another mass shooting today?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 27, 2023 12:05 AM

R24, I have stopped watching the TV "news shows." All of them. Once in a while I may catch a video clip of O'Donnell or Maddow, bu I'm over them. All they care about is hype. Ratings and revenue. It's a business. Their woefully inadequate to report anything more complex than a baseball score. They give no context, they gloss over important details, and are often inaccurate. And if you think they are giving more air time to the GOP you'd be right. Look at the advertisers. The Big Pharma guys and the fossil fuel guys and look at the amount of $$ the dark money people spend. The networks follow the money. They always have. And they love to hype elections trying to make us feel how close they are...remember that Red Tsunami? LOL! I get enough from my news feeds on Twitter to know what's going on. I also READ the newspaper.The Washington Post isn't perfect but it's pretty good. So I urge everyone, turn off the TV. You know what we have to do. R24 outlined it very well. So let's do it.

by Anonymousreply 27July 27, 2023 1:08 AM

Fuhgeddaboudit, r27, I'm not giving up MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 28July 27, 2023 1:25 AM

Former president Donald Trump’s legal team was informed that they should prepare for yet another indictment against him during a meeting with federal prosecutors on Thursday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 27, 2023 4:56 PM

The story about Ghouliani is odd. He comes out and admits IN COURT that he lied about Miss Ruby and Miss Shaye then demands that the discovery process end? Dafuq?

Who does he think he is and WTF is he hiding? Must be something pretty damning to risk pissing off a Federal judge like he’s doing. I hope she holds him in contempt and tosses his saggy ass in prison.

by Anonymousreply 30July 27, 2023 6:00 PM

Hmmmm.

"07/27/2003 10:30 am. Barricades erected outside the Fulton County courthouse now. Looks like preparation for some big legal news…"

After all the anticipation of DC indictments any minute now, would be funny if it's Georgia instead!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 27, 2023 8:06 PM

[quote] After some back-and-forth, with chests puffed out, McCarthy issued a challenge to Swalwell: “Call me a pussy again, and I’ll kick your ass,” the Speaker allegedly said.

[quote] While both members told nearly identical versions of this story, they both delivered Swalwell’s response in exactly the same way.

[quote] “You. Are. A. Pussy,” Swalwell told McCarthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 27, 2023 10:09 PM

Well, he is.

by Anonymousreply 33July 27, 2023 10:19 PM

No indictments?

No inside info??????

Was Trump right in saying Jack Smith dropped the new charges???

by Anonymousreply 34July 27, 2023 10:21 PM

Are you feverish, r34?

by Anonymousreply 35July 27, 2023 10:23 PM

I'm just surprised DL isn't discussing these things.

by Anonymousreply 36July 27, 2023 10:29 PM

[quote]No indictments?

Perhaps Friday/tomorrow.

The anticipation is torture, but patience.

by Anonymousreply 37July 27, 2023 10:58 PM

Another indictment issued, Trump allegedly ordered security footage deleted from server.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 27, 2023 11:07 PM

Also charging some Oscar dude for helping along with another hit for Saltine Nauta.

by Anonymousreply 39July 27, 2023 11:11 PM

This song has been running through my head all day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 27, 2023 11:13 PM

Cocaine News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 28, 2023 12:13 AM

In this week's edition of "Junior high"...

by Anonymousreply 42July 28, 2023 12:21 AM

The booing MAGAs don’t want someone in Maralago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 28, 2023 12:28 AM

[quote]I'm just surprised DL isn't discussing these things.

We discuss things when they happen.

by Anonymousreply 44July 28, 2023 12:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 28, 2023 1:41 AM

The news media is hyping the shit out of today's announcement, but basically, if I understand correctly, the thing that happened is the Special Prosecutor added a charge to Trump's documents case and added another defendant. The charge being Trump ordered his staff to delete the security tapes showing them moving the docs. And the co defendants lied about it.

by Anonymousreply 46July 28, 2023 2:26 AM

More importantly, r46, the 4th person was ordered to delete the tapes and he said...no. If he hadn't....

by Anonymousreply 47July 28, 2023 2:39 AM

I am SICK, SICK, SICK of that asshole dirty ass trump.

Why can't the fucker die and leave us in peace? I hope he goes to prison.

by Anonymousreply 48July 28, 2023 5:52 PM

Dead, in prison for life. I'm not picky, really.

by Anonymousreply 49July 28, 2023 6:23 PM

Paralyzed from the neck down, buried in fire ants, repeated attacks of debilitating shingles would also be acceptable alternatives.

I would add brain-dead coma but that has been true for decades and hasn't slowed him down.

by Anonymousreply 50July 28, 2023 6:35 PM

Sorry, R50. Of course.

Whatever shuts him the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 51July 28, 2023 7:51 PM

And then there’s Melania:

v v v v

by Anonymousreply 52July 29, 2023 12:18 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 29, 2023 12:19 AM

Aubrey O’Day’s perspective on Donald Jr. waking up next to Kimberly Guilfoyle:

[quote] There are many reasons that singer Aubrey O’Day says she doesn’t recognize the man that her ex-lover, Donald Trump Jr., has become, from his bellicose support for his father’s conservative positions to his “belittling” social media statements about the LGBTQ community. What’s really convinced O’Day that something is not “authentic” about Trump Jr.’s current public persona is his relationship with former Fox News host Kimberly Guilfoyle, as she explained in a podcast interview with Michael Cohen, the former attorney and “fixer” for Donald Trump who has become one of Trump’s fiercest critics. O’Day said she can’t believe he’d want to wake up “next to (her) face every morning” or would enjoy her dressing up as a sexy cheerleader, as she reportedly claimed to Trump campaign donors. When O’Day said she and Trump Jr. were in the throes of their intense love affair in 2011 and 2012, she knew the oldest Trump sibling to be a “brilliant,” thoughtful man, she told Cohen on his “Mea Culpa” podcast. Trump Jr. wanted to extricate himself from his father’s shadow, while, as the vice president of Trump’s real estate development company, he wanted to “help low-income people and build projects that were good for the environment,” she said. [quote]Singer Aubrey O’Day said the New York City-reared boyfriend was comfortable hanging out at a gay night club in the city — where, she said, they had sex for the first time in a bathroom.

[quote]After O’Day and Trump Jr. met when she was a contestant on his father’s reality TV show, “The Apprentice,” they became friends and lovers who regarded each other as “soul mates,” O’Day said. He also crafted a carefully considered plan to leave his then-wife Vanessa to be with her. O’Day said he’d had affairs with other women but had never been in love with them. Moreover, O’Day said, “I definitely believe I was the best sex that man ever had. We were on a whole other level of sex. It was beyond physical.” For this reason, O’Day said, she can’t believe that he would be attracted to Guilfoyle or that he would end up with her after finally divorcing Vanessa, the mother of his five children. O’Day expressed particular doubt that Trump Jr. would be happy about Guilfoyle’s reported habit of boasting about their sex life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 29, 2023 2:22 PM

And yet here Aubrey is, boasting about their sex life.

by Anonymousreply 55July 29, 2023 2:50 PM

Trump's defamation suit against CNN gets tossed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 29, 2023 5:22 PM

^ Remember when Republicans used to rail against frivolous lawsuit?

by Anonymousreply 57July 29, 2023 5:51 PM

Remember when republicans weren’t just completely corrupt?

by Anonymousreply 58July 29, 2023 6:41 PM

Remember when Republicans weren't Russia's bitch?

by Anonymousreply 59July 29, 2023 7:07 PM

[quote]Remember when republicans weren’t just completely corrupt?

I am 69 and no, I can't remember that.

by Anonymousreply 60July 29, 2023 7:49 PM

Remember when Republicans actually knew how to be pretty?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 30, 2023 8:54 AM

Perspectives on being GQP fabulous:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 30, 2023 9:03 AM

Where are Clarence & Ginni Thomas vacationing? Doubt it is camping in Walmart parking lots in Peoria that Crow recommended. And where has Singer set-up for Samuel Alito to go with unlimited wine valued at $1,000+ a bottle?

What next? These mogul financial schemers will be sending MTG to the salons of Paris, Bo-Bo on a shopping spree in Milan, and Miss Lindzey, with heavy security of course, to the baths in Istanbul?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 30, 2023 12:59 PM

IIRC, the Constitution gave the Legislature the POWER to set the number of judges.

Alito, that arrogant prick, can sit his saggy ass down in his shitty diaper and STFU.

You ain’t above the law, peckerface.

by Anonymousreply 64July 30, 2023 6:11 PM

Memaw Marsha, the hypocrite. Supports Tuberville.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 1, 2023 9:59 AM

Trump's "Save America" PAC spent over $100,000 on Melania's hairstylist

by Anonymousreply 66August 1, 2023 9:53 PM

Holy shit, Trump indicted!!! Again.

by Anonymousreply 67August 1, 2023 9:56 PM

They named 6 people. I want to know where Roger Stone and Michael Flynn are?

by Anonymousreply 68August 1, 2023 11:36 PM

Thoughts and prayers going out to the poor workers scraping shit and ketchup off the Mar-a-Lago walls tonight...

by Anonymousreply 69August 1, 2023 11:39 PM

I've actually lost count of all the things Trump is alleged to have done at this point. I'm not even joking.

by Anonymousreply 70August 1, 2023 11:41 PM

but, but, but, but……..

Hunter Biden

by Anonymousreply 71August 1, 2023 11:42 PM

Hillary's emails!!!!

by Anonymousreply 72August 1, 2023 11:43 PM

Obama’s brown suit!

by Anonymousreply 73August 1, 2023 11:45 PM

It wasn't just brown, R73 - it was TAN! TAN, I tell you! Real men wear dark colours!

by Anonymousreply 74August 1, 2023 11:52 PM

Seriously, I got a recorded phone call from Lindsey Graham about an hour ago on a Wi-Fi landline.

It was something about tuning-in to a town hall forum tomorrow. Recording said I will get another call the next day. I wished I could have given a recorded reply. I pressed the “do not call” button.

by Anonymousreply 75August 1, 2023 11:52 PM

Fani, your turn. Indict!

by Anonymousreply 76August 1, 2023 11:57 PM

I'm sorry, but I need to see Stone and Flynn, and Bannon indicted, tried and convicted. They are a complete danger to our democracy. You see this shit with Robert Kennedy? Brainchild of Bannon, Stone, and Flynn.

by Anonymousreply 77August 2, 2023 12:07 AM

Gentleman Caller Jeffrey

[quote] According to CBS, Jeffrey Clark is accused of telling Donald Trump that if he was made the head of the Justice Department, he would push for state legislatures to allow for the selection of new electors. Clark is said to have drafted a letter in an attempt to make pro-Biden States 'reconvene' their election results. This has been identified as an essential step in Trump's alleged conspiracy to manipulate the democratic process.

Good to see he was named as one of the co-conspirators. I think Jack Smith/DoJ don’t have much tolerance especially for corrupt attorneys in DJT’s orbit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 2, 2023 1:31 PM

The thing that bothers me, is this. While we know Trump knew he had lost, and Rudy knew, can any of the others, including Jeffery Clark, claim they believed the election was stolen from Trump and were trying to address fraud? It's a weak argument, but can they?

by Anonymousreply 79August 2, 2023 1:50 PM

Of course they *can*, r79, but it won't hold up.

by Anonymousreply 80August 2, 2023 2:33 PM

R79, none of the actions any of the conspirators (using fake electors, suggesting martial law or mob violence) were consistent with a good-faith belief that Trump had actually won.

by Anonymousreply 81August 2, 2023 2:54 PM

Elise Stefanik looks homely & fat. That may appeal to Scalise & Biggs types; but as to Trump, not so much. Kitara Ravache needs to offer her some makeup and grooming tips.

by Anonymousreply 82August 2, 2023 3:01 PM

What's happening at the Senate buildin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 2, 2023 7:24 PM

Oops, *Senate buildings*

by Anonymousreply 84August 2, 2023 7:24 PM

Jake Sherman:

Massive police and emergency personnel presence on Capitol Hill right now.

People are being evacuated from senate office buildings with their hands up.

by Anonymousreply 85August 2, 2023 7:29 PM

Manu Raju:

As US Capitol Police investigates a "concerning" phone call and reports of an active shooter at Russell building, with people instructed to shelter in their officers, there is NO evidence of any active shooter or shots fired, per many law enforcement officials.

by Anonymousreply 86August 2, 2023 7:33 PM

We may as well fasten our seatbelts. There will be more threats and disruptions especially the closer we get to the election and the trials.

by Anonymousreply 87August 2, 2023 7:39 PM

Oh that! It was just a MtF trans realizing she made a big mistake, and was desperately trying to find Josh Hawley to help her to become again, not just a man, but a manly man.

She didn’t realize that the Senate is on vacation.

Josh may be entertaining Don Jr. in Missouri by escorting him to the lakes and woodlands to slaughter trapped wildlife.

by Anonymousreply 88August 2, 2023 7:43 PM

Well I'd guess "escorting" may be involved in Miss Hawley's vacation, but instead of Don Jr., it probably involves hot rich Daddies and yachts.

by Anonymousreply 89August 2, 2023 8:14 PM

Josh invited Matt Gaetz and his "son" on a wilderness trek in the hills of Missouri. They're lost somewhere in the wilds.

by Anonymousreply 90August 2, 2023 8:21 PM

Groper Matt Schlapp has some thoughts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 2, 2023 8:37 PM

^Whatever ever happened with that groping case?

by Anonymousreply 92August 2, 2023 9:01 PM

Did Mattie cheat?

From last January:

[quote] The sources release that Matt Gaetz had a relationship with a male staff of the company. There have been tweets from the Democratic opponent. Rebekah Jones was defeated in the last elections. He tweeted on Tuesday that Matt is in a relationship with his press member. Joel Valdez is the press member.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 2, 2023 9:22 PM

A Trump-RFK Jr. ticket? The media pushes absurdity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 3, 2023 9:36 AM

Peep Hole Gym makes a declaration:

[quote] Trump's staunch allies on Capitol Hill are also standing firm in support, with defenders like Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, the chair of the House Judiciary Committee, was quick to tweet “President Trump did nothing wrong!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 3, 2023 12:15 PM

Yeah Claudia, go after their ‘delusional’ a$$es!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 3, 2023 12:41 PM

[quote]Trump's staunch allies on Capitol Hill are also standing firm in support, with defenders like Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, the chair of the House Judiciary Committee, was quick to tweet “President Trump did nothing wrong!"

You know...I could stalk Jean Dujardin for the rest of my days, sending him endless messages demanding that he recognize we're madly in love and meant to be together forever.

Doesn't mean it's fucking true.

by Anonymousreply 97August 3, 2023 2:06 PM

From three years ago, Naomi Biden on her father, Beau's brother

[quote] Though the whole world knows his name, no one knows who he is.

[quote] Here's a thread on my dad, Hunter Biden - free of charge to the taxpayers and free of the corrosive influence of power-at-all-costs politics. The truth of a man filled with love, integrity, and human struggles:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98August 3, 2023 2:11 PM

Matt has no upper lip. Ick.

by Anonymousreply 99August 3, 2023 2:27 PM

A REAL REPUBLICAN don't need no stinkin lips.

by Anonymousreply 100August 3, 2023 3:17 PM

I'm amazed at how repulsive looking this current crop of republicans are.

by Anonymousreply 101August 3, 2023 5:43 PM

Never trust a lipless person.

by Anonymousreply 102August 3, 2023 6:15 PM

Melania is not with Trump for his court appearance. But is Miss Lindzebelle with him? Perhaps she’s back in Mar-a-Lago awaiting his return. The Senate is on vacation.

by Anonymousreply 103August 3, 2023 7:26 PM

I’m sort of watching this on TV, while doing some chores, and I see only a handful of supporters. Has he gone into the courthouse yet?

by Anonymousreply 104August 3, 2023 7:31 PM

Is Dump’s spokeswoman really bringing up Hunter’s laptop? Wow, desperate much?

by Anonymousreply 105August 3, 2023 7:34 PM

Does anyone think a request for change of venue will go anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 106August 3, 2023 7:41 PM

We the American people should be allowed to watch this arraignment and then the trial. Our taxpayer dollars are being spent on it.

by Anonymousreply 107August 3, 2023 7:55 PM

Fox News: Hillary was not prosecuted for having classified Emails, and Hunter Biden must be prosecuted for his laptop content. Compared to that, Trump did nothing wrong.

by Anonymousreply 108August 3, 2023 8:36 PM

Oh, Trump is attacking Mrs. Smith already, r105.

by Anonymousreply 109August 4, 2023 12:43 AM

Caitlyn Jenner is getting fussy with Ron DeSantis over Trump:

[quote] Caitlyn Jenner criticized Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a 2024 GOP presidential candidate, for failing to explicitly pledge to pardon former President Trump in his first public statement responding to news of Trump’s indictment over his efforts to overturn the 2020 election results. “YOUR TOP POLITICAL OPPONENT IS BEING UNJUSTLY PERSECUTED. Agree to pardon him! This is a sham and you know it. But you hope you benefit from it,” Jenner wrote on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter. “SHAME ON TEAM DESANTIS!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 4, 2023 1:04 AM

Reply to MAGA Marsha:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111August 4, 2023 1:18 AM

The problem is that a lot of people listen with half an ear and they don't make distinctions between Hunter and his laptop, and Trump. We sit here laughing at Trump, but he is on a crusade now to convince the whole world that Joe Biden is corrupt and weaponized hiss justice department to go after his political enemies, and Hunter is corrupt and should be in jail. Trump wants to convince people this is all political. In his eyes it has nothing to do with breaking any laws. And the problem is that a lot of people will buy into that. So we have to remind people that yes he did steal the documents and yes he knew he lost the election and lied to everyone about fraud. It is scary how gullible people are and they aren't even logical.

by Anonymousreply 112August 4, 2023 1:21 AM

Love the inflatable Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 4, 2023 2:21 AM

Miss Lindz! Refined and eloquent ladies do not exhibit a potty mouth on Fox News or elsewhere. Boooo to you!

[quote] One tactic that Senator Lindsey Graham has decided to employ is going after the judge assigned in the January 6th case, Tanya Chutkan. He’s on the cable news circuit peddling the theory that Chutkan — a former defense attorney who was a supervisor at the Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia in between stints in Biglaw — is biased against the defendant, Donald Trump. He said, “The judge in this case hates Trump,” and, “You can convict Trump of kidnapping Lindbergh’s baby in D.C.” And then comes the real point — a push for a venue change, “You need to have a change of venue. We need a new judge. And we need to win in 2024 to stop this crazy crap.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 4, 2023 10:10 AM

[quote] Donald Trump's lawyer says, "President Trump" is present.

[quote] Judge Upadhyaya says, "Good afternoon, Mr. Trump."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 4, 2023 12:43 PM

So supposedly the defense is going to be that Dump knew they had lost but was exercising his free speech. This is after reading about his attorneys and what they’re saying publicly. Does he know what he’s even being charged with?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116August 4, 2023 2:37 PM

Joe Biden is Mr. President, and the Orange Shitgibbon is "President Trump" or Mr. Trump, or "Hey, Asshole."

by Anonymousreply 117August 4, 2023 2:47 PM

[bold] Tom Nichols [/bold]

A reminder that calling former presidents "Mr. President" is not only discretionary, but it's actually (by old school etiquette) incorrect. It can be done as a mark of respect, but it's not required by any protocol. /1

Some titles - governor, ambassador, certain military ranks, and yes, "professor" - are lifetime titles. "President" is not; a president is the "presiding officer" while he presides, which is why Senate Presidents are "mr/madam president" only while they hold the gavel. /2

More to the point, America has only one president at a time. As an honorific, "Mr. President" or "President Carter," or "former President Bush" (that being the most correct) is okay. But it is *never* okay to refer to "the" president unless you mean sitting POTUS. /3

I've pointed out before: When JFK and Ike talked during the Cuban missile crisis, Ike called JFK "Mr. President" and JFK called Ike "General." /4

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 4, 2023 2:53 PM

R118 Trump believes he is still PResident and will always be the only legitimate President. He's nuts. He ought to be in a fucking asylum in a straight jacket.

by Anonymousreply 119August 4, 2023 3:05 PM

Kevin McCarthy and Lindsey Graham need to shut their sticky mouths. They are the worst kind of political opportunists that know better. Trump knows the dirt on both.

by Anonymousreply 120August 4, 2023 7:42 PM

It is astonishing that "Trump knows the dirt on" is enough to terrify every republican in the country.

by Anonymousreply 121August 4, 2023 9:09 PM

Trump is straight-up threatening courts/judges/prosecutors/witnesses this afternoon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 4, 2023 9:11 PM

^ But of course

Threats are all he has left

by Anonymousreply 123August 4, 2023 9:22 PM

Those threats should not be dismissed. They need to be taken seriously. They need to impose penalties. Because his followers need to see that this is not acceptable, this is not how it works. His behavior emboldens his followers. We have ignored, overlooked. He is campaigning in Alabama, and making speeches doing fine. Drumming up support, muddying the waters. According to a CNN poll 46% of the public believes the charges against Trump are politically motivated.

by Anonymousreply 124August 4, 2023 9:28 PM

[quote]Those threats should not be dismissed. They need to be taken seriously. They need to impose penalties.

Spoiler Alert: They will be. They won't be. And fat chance.

by Anonymousreply 125August 4, 2023 9:32 PM

Who may be the unnamed co-conspirator #6?

[quote] Boris Epshteyn, a lawyer and longtime Donald Trump adviser, is believed to be the sixth co-conspirator included in the latest criminal indictment against the former President.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 4, 2023 11:47 PM

So the shit is getting real! Jack Smith just alerted the Judge about Trump's threats.

by Anonymousreply 127August 5, 2023 3:20 AM

Trump speaks at a GQP gala in South Carolina this Saturday night. A feature will be Lady Lindzebelle.

[quote] Trump will be speaking at the South Carolina Republican Party’s annual “Silver Elephant Gala” in Columbia, where Gov. Henry McMaster and South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham are among prominent Republicans expected to be in attendance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128August 5, 2023 5:39 PM

^ I guess Lindzebelle will be the Silver Elephant in the room

by Anonymousreply 129August 5, 2023 6:09 PM

^These attendees will be rich donors, along with an abundance of GQP politicians in the state. These wealthy octogenarian gentleman callers won’t boo dear Lindzebelle as the MAGAt $10 base would.

by Anonymousreply 130August 5, 2023 6:38 PM

But they will expect him to put out.

by Anonymousreply 131August 5, 2023 6:40 PM

Sloppy seconds when she’s away from Maralago.

by Anonymousreply 132August 5, 2023 7:43 PM

Goes after "Liddle' Mike Pence" on Truth Social

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 6, 2023 3:38 AM

He never sounds so much like a brain-damaged six-year-old as when he tags somebody as "liddle".

Guess it gets the MAGA goobers all hard.

by Anonymousreply 134August 6, 2023 5:11 PM

Trump on Sunday said his legal team will ask for a recusal of the judge overseeing his case on federal charges related to efforts to overturn the 2020 election as well as a venue change, reiterating that he cannot get a fair trial in Washington, D.C.

“There is no way I can get a fair trial with the judge ‘assigned’ to the ridiculous freedom of speech/fair elections case. Everybody knows this, and so does she!” Trump wrote on Truth Social. “We will be immediately asking for recusal of this judge on very powerful grounds, and likewise for venue change, out [of] D.C.”

Trump once again also went after special counsel Jack Smith calling him “deranged” and alleging that he could have brought the case sooner ahead of the 2024 election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135August 6, 2023 5:13 PM

[quote]Guess it gets the MAGA goobers all hard.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 136August 6, 2023 6:15 PM

“Liddle’ Mike Pence”?

I feel insulted!

by Anonymousreply 137August 6, 2023 6:35 PM

Democrats need to be showing-up and confronting near all Republicans at political events.

Ditch Mitch!

[quote] Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell spoke Saturday at the Fancy Farm picnic, one of Kentucky’s classic political events, but his remarks were largely drowned out by jeers from the Democratic side of the crowd, who stomped their feet and yelled, “RETIRE,” and “DITCH MITCH” as he spoke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 6, 2023 7:32 PM

Sounds like bitch boy orange is terrified. Moar!

by Anonymousreply 139August 6, 2023 8:55 PM

Judge In Trump Document Case Might Genuinely Be A Complete Idiot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140August 7, 2023 9:37 PM

Episode 6.? The Bulwark.. The corruption of Lindsey Graham.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 8, 2023 1:20 AM

I'm betting Cannon will get "guidance from Trump's lawyers. When they file their requests she'll read their documents and rule in their favor.

by Anonymousreply 142August 8, 2023 1:27 AM

Ten second video of DeSantis.

Is it autism? Or is he a psychopath?

WTF is wrong with this man? He's like an alien lifeform trying to do a mundane interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143August 8, 2023 1:25 PM

It was a TWELVE second video.

And he is one scary life form.

by Anonymousreply 144August 8, 2023 1:27 PM

Aileen is biased, pro-Trump, and has shown not to be competent for the judicial tasks at hand. She needs to recuse herself or be removed as the judge in the case.

by Anonymousreply 145August 8, 2023 2:31 PM

Twitter comments about the video at R143

[quote] This dude is a 9 Layer dip of weird.

[quote] Can't wait for Bradley Cooper to creepily recreate this in the inevitable Trump biopic

[quote] Trying to understand some people is like trying to smell the number 9

[quote] Some humorist—Roy Blount, Jr.?—observed that Nixon moved like his body was run by a not-very-organized-committee: "Okay, we're gonna do big arms. Ready on Arm Left? Ready Arm Right? Okay ... ready? Everybody? ... okay ... GO!" DeSantis must've hired the same committee.

[quote] Cocaine

[quote] There is something very wrong with this man

[quote] Billionaire DeSantis Backer Flips To Glenn Youngkin

[quote] Ron DeSantis is the Bobby Jindal of Scott Walkers.

[quote] That was a roller-coaster of insecurity!

[quote] Dissociative psychosis

[quote] Ron keeps malfunctioning. If I didn’t think he is such an awful person, I’d feel sorry for him.

by Anonymousreply 146August 8, 2023 4:36 PM

Puddin’ has used his office as Governor to label factions of the populace to be targeted for discrimination and cruelty.

He exhibits no compassion.

by Anonymousreply 147August 8, 2023 7:48 PM

Would like to see the Jardiance commercial singer-dancer sit on Ronnie’s face. If she’s not available, Chris Christie will do fine.

by Anonymousreply 148August 8, 2023 7:55 PM

[quote] He exhibits no compassion.

And deserves none in return.

by Anonymousreply 149August 8, 2023 8:31 PM

Come on, Ohio, vote "no"

by Anonymousreply 150August 8, 2023 8:42 PM

OT, but I’m with r150. Anyone know what the polls are saying about the special election?

by Anonymousreply 151August 8, 2023 8:45 PM

He seems unhuman. AI gone wrong?

by Anonymousreply 152August 8, 2023 8:49 PM

[quote] OT, but I’m with [R150]. Anyone know what the polls are saying about the special election?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153August 8, 2023 8:53 PM

Thanks, r153! Geez, the threads move so quickly, it’s hard to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 154August 8, 2023 8:54 PM

Sad...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 8, 2023 10:43 PM

The "no" side is kicking ass in the Ohio election!

by Anonymousreply 156August 9, 2023 12:21 AM

So sounds like GA indictments won't be coming until next week.

*sigh*

I'm convinced Fani Willis isn't fucking around, but after the first three indictments you just crave more.

by Anonymousreply 157August 9, 2023 12:25 AM

Small group of people showed for Trump today in NH.

by Anonymousreply 158August 9, 2023 1:04 AM

[quote] Tucker Carlson and his team are reportedly in talks with conservative mega-donors Rebekah Mercer and Peter Thiel about funding a new media company he is launching with Republican political adviser Neil Patel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159August 9, 2023 2:23 AM

Peter Thiel needs to fuck right off. All the sugar babies taking his money should be shamed like the guys who partied with Aaron Schock

by Anonymousreply 160August 9, 2023 3:12 AM

I hope that vile POS goes tits up broke from all of his election meddling.

by Anonymousreply 161August 9, 2023 4:29 AM

Yep, R159, Though not much has been reported about Rebekah Mercer and her dad lately, that didn’t mean they weren’t pursuing their usual devilment.

Rebekah’s “‘sugar mommy” relationship with Steve Bannon has never ceased.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 9, 2023 2:01 PM

I was theorizing about where Judge Aileen Cannon was getting her guidance to address the "complex" (LOL!) issues uncovered in the classified documents case. Now, it all becomes clear! THIS where she gets it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163August 9, 2023 2:22 PM

I am really hoping that instead of threatening Dump with jail, the DC judge fines him a million dollars for every infraction when he threatens a witness or Jack Smith. I think it’s very unlikely she would throw him in jail (much as we’d like to see it). But a fine? One that he’d have to pay? That’s where to hit him. I’m thinking that after he loses in 2024, if he doesn’t pay the fine. It’s much more easy to toss him in jail. Threatening it now would be problematic.

by Anonymousreply 164August 9, 2023 2:47 PM

"Dear friend, Biden's handpicked judge in the sham Jan. 6 case in DC is fining me a million dollars every time I STAND UP FOR YOU by pushing back against the CROOKED, SICK DEEP STATE. Please contribute to our campaign to continue my crusade to SAVE OUR COUNTRY and fight thepowers that are trying to DESTROY the AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE!"

by Anonymousreply 165August 9, 2023 3:46 PM

There is that, r165, a grifter is gonna grift.

by Anonymousreply 166August 9, 2023 4:29 PM

One may imagine Miss Aileen traveling to Trump rallies wearing one of those t-shirts/tank tops with a downward arrow that reads above: “Trump can grab my ……”

If Trump has already done that, no wonder……

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167August 9, 2023 4:55 PM

Of course, Trump isn't going to the Friday DC hearing. After what he's said about the judge he's too much of a coward to show up.

by Anonymousreply 168August 9, 2023 4:58 PM

Jack Smith is looking at Trump's Twitter account, Twitter was fined for not turning over material in a timely manner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169August 9, 2023 5:52 PM

Gee I wonder what they’ll find there r169? 😂😂😂 btw I am assuming this was pre Baby Musk, since Dump was booted in the previous regime.

by Anonymousreply 170August 9, 2023 5:56 PM

Judge Cannon Screws Up So Badly She Could Get Removed From Trump Trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171August 9, 2023 6:08 PM

R7, an understatement. They have a lot of military installations on Oahu, and I have to wonder if they might send them to evacuate people. With the high winds it might be safer to do it by sea.

by Anonymousreply 172August 9, 2023 6:13 PM

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is expected to seek more than a dozen indictments when she presents her case regarding efforts by Donald Trump and his allies to overturn the 2020 presidential election results in Georgia before a grand jury next week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173August 9, 2023 6:38 PM

^ Please let Rudy be one of them!!!

by Anonymousreply 174August 9, 2023 6:47 PM

Man killed in FBI raid threatened Biden, Harris, and people involved in prosecuting Donald Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175August 9, 2023 7:37 PM

Disgusting, fat white pig male, r175.

That porker probably couldn’t walk up a flight of steps without wheezing like crazy. One less idiot dump voter.

by Anonymousreply 176August 9, 2023 10:33 PM

R173. More than a dozen will likely include Miss Lindzebelle and a few gentleman callers.

by Anonymousreply 177August 9, 2023 11:12 PM

^She’s back on Twitter after an extended weekend in Bedminster & Mar-a-Lago. Who pays for all that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178August 9, 2023 11:21 PM

^She pays with Nature's credit card!

by Anonymousreply 179August 10, 2023 12:03 AM

^Thanks for the explanation, Blanche.

by Anonymousreply 180August 10, 2023 1:24 AM

Clarence & Ginni Thomas’ lack of ethics and connections to illegal and corrupt activities are outrageous. Those dang sugar daddies need to be summoned before Congressional hearings, and unmotivated Merrick Garland needs to launch investigations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 10, 2023 2:38 PM

We've lost Woody

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 10, 2023 4:09 PM

Poor stupid thing.

by Anonymousreply 183August 10, 2023 4:10 PM

Why do the Kennedys always have to fuck up things for the Democrats?

by Anonymousreply 184August 10, 2023 4:17 PM

Did we ever have Woody? I’m not worried about RFK Jr at all. He’s not winning the nomination, and if he runs as an independent (with what money?) he will attract the vaccine-fearing MAGA Dumpies.

by Anonymousreply 185August 10, 2023 4:29 PM

Wanted to add at r185, RFK Jr will pull MAGA votes especially if DeSantis or someone other than Dump is the Republican nominee. The Q loons are nostalgic for a Kennedy, young people don’t know who he is and older educated people know he’s a loon.

by Anonymousreply 186August 10, 2023 4:31 PM

Bannon and Stone think the Kennedy name and nostalgia will pull in Democrats. But it won't. Today's Dems don't give a fuck about Dead Bobby or Dead Jack.

by Anonymousreply 187August 10, 2023 6:34 PM

Do they think Democrats are as stupid as Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 188August 10, 2023 6:41 PM

Democratic politicians wish people were smarter, Republican politicians wish they were even dumber.

by Anonymousreply 189August 10, 2023 7:16 PM

You know, while we're sitting here trying to work our black magic juju on Donnie, I just looked at Chris Krispie, and man he could keel over with a massive cardiac event any minute. He looks bad. His skin, his complexion. He does not look good. If he did die he'd be more popular.

by Anonymousreply 190August 10, 2023 8:15 PM

Bitch McConnell

by Anonymousreply 191August 10, 2023 9:14 PM

[quote] Campaign finance reports and property documents indicate Alabama Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R) actually lives in Florida

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192August 10, 2023 9:39 PM

RFK Jr. & DeSantis sound more disturbing than Trump. And Trump will be a horror show if elected in ‘24. That wealthy Vivek Ramaswamy is gaining attention, and is another spewing right wing garbage.

Frankly, Chris Christie, even with his past scandals of Bridgegate & Beach-gate, does show some basic sanity, Christie will criticize Trump significantly. Asa Hutchinson and William Hurd will criticize Trump quite moderately.

The rest of the Republican candidates fear Trump or are sycophants hoping Trump falters and they become the alternatives. Some are hoping for at least getting selected for the VP slot.

The field of GQP candidates is awful.

by Anonymousreply 193August 10, 2023 9:52 PM

[quote] Who are the billionaires giving gifts to Clarence Thomas? New report reveals the Supreme Court justice took at least 38 undisclosed vacations worth millions.

Justice Thomas’s undisclosed gifts came from industry titans and ultrawealthy business executives, ProPublica reported. Within months of his confirmation to the Supreme Court in October 1991, Thomas was invited into the Horatio Alger Association, an exclusive nonprofit whose members include wealthy businessmen. There he met David Sokol, the once heir apparent to Warren Buffett at investment firm Berkshire Hathaway; as well as H. Wayne Huizenga, who helped transform Blockbuster and Waste Management into Fortune 500 companies; and oil billionaire Paul “Tony” Novelly. On Labor Day weekend in 2019, Thomas and his wife, Virginia Thomas, took an all-paid vacation out West, funded by Sokol. They attended the home-opener football and volleyball games at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln from luxury suites, which typically costs $40,000 annually, according to ProPublica.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194August 10, 2023 11:26 PM

[quote] Marjorie Taylor Greene’s 2020 campaign manager and two others have agreed to pay more than $50,000 in restitution and penalties for their roles in operating a phony East Palestine charity in the aftermath of a widely-publicized train derailment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195August 10, 2023 11:40 PM

^ of course

by Anonymousreply 196August 10, 2023 11:44 PM

Like her idol, Marjorie hires only the best people.

by Anonymousreply 197August 10, 2023 11:45 PM

Jack Smith has proposed 1/02/24 as the start date for Trump's election trial.

by Anonymousreply 198August 11, 2023 12:12 AM

If this is true, Congress members who took an active part in conspiring to overturn election results and overthrow the government, will get indicted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199August 11, 2023 1:17 AM

Goodbye Jim Jordan and Matt Gaetz.

by Anonymousreply 200August 11, 2023 1:35 AM

R199: that Twitter channel is the lefty version of Newsmax.

I'll wait until somebody more grounded in reality makes this claim.

by Anonymousreply 201August 11, 2023 1:36 AM

Please indict Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley!!!!

by Anonymousreply 202August 11, 2023 1:36 AM

Please note I'd be fucking THRILLED if Jack Smith indicted congresspeople tied to 1/6.

I suspect it won't happen. The DC indictment looks geared to go at lightening speed; charging a boatload of people in Congress would slow things down considerably, while risking acquittals.

by Anonymousreply 203August 11, 2023 1:40 AM

(or they'd charge congresspeople in separate indictments while focused on speeding Trump's DC case through)

by Anonymousreply 204August 11, 2023 1:42 AM

You know, anyone who refused to accept the results of the 2020 election AFTER the insurrection, voting against certification, and if I'm not mistaken there were 147 total members of Congress (from both houses) who did that, ought to be expelled from Congress. and further, anyone who takes the oath of office to preserve protect and defend the Constitution and then once in office takes a daily shit all over the Constitution should never be allowed to hold a public office in the United states. We talk a lot of shit about being "a country of laws..." but we don't follow through.vWe literally have a Constitutional Amendment or two that spells out all kinds of shit, and we have people who need to be held accountable.

by Anonymousreply 205August 11, 2023 4:06 AM

That looks to be what they are doing, r204. The six unnamed coconspirators in the original indictment haven’t been named or charged. From what I understand, Smith wanted to wrap up fat Donnie before he went after anyone else. Including members of congress, traitor Flynn, human scab Bannon or cross eyed cyclops Stone.

by Anonymousreply 206August 11, 2023 4:07 AM

I think you are correct, r206.

by Anonymousreply 207August 11, 2023 4:09 AM

Baby daddy, Jason Miller, is concerned where Hunter may be.

Melania? Her hairdresser received $100,000+ from campaign contributions. She must be at the salon to get her money’s worth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208August 11, 2023 12:32 PM

U.S. Representative Greg Steube (R-Fla, natch) told Newsmax that he will today file an impeachment resolution on Joe Biden for "bribery, for extortion, obstruction of justice, fraud, financial involvement in drugs and prostitution."

Earlier this year, Steube fell 25 feet from a ladder. Surprisingly, he did not hit his head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209August 11, 2023 12:34 PM

Prostitution?

How can Steube confuse Joe with Lyin’ Ted? Steube needs to chat with Lady Lindzebelle to clear all that up.

by Anonymousreply 210August 11, 2023 1:15 PM

Like usual, Repugs just lie

by Anonymousreply 211August 11, 2023 1:19 PM

Prostitution? Give me a break. Maybe charge Melania with that

by Anonymousreply 212August 11, 2023 1:30 PM

They just make this shit up as they go along.

by Anonymousreply 213August 11, 2023 1:33 PM

^^^

R209:

Ruth Ben-Ghiat

[quote] Propaganda works through repetition and association. This is information warfare designed to counter all the good economic news and keep Biden associated with negativity. Note the range of supposed crimes: there is something for everyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214August 11, 2023 2:07 PM

^^^

[quote] The Republican Party uses right-wing media to knowingly spread lies, according to an ex-Republican political adviser and researcher who spoke with Newsweek.

Justin Higgins was formerly a policy adviser for House Republican Tim Huelskamp, a Kansas legislator who at the time was one of the outspoken members of the Tea Party movement that gained national notoriety between 2009 and 2015.

[...]

[quote] Higgins told progressive podcaster Aaron Rupar on Thursday that the conservative movement is predicated on selling lies to the American public for their own potential political gain.

[...]

[quote] "You can basically make up your own reality in right-wing media," Higgins told Rupar.

[...]

[quote] Higgins reiterated similar statements in a phone conversation with Newsweek, recalling how other RNC staffers would openly admit to lying on social media websites like Reddit—and the now defunct subreddit dedicated to Trump—so outlets like Fox News or Breitbart would pick them and in turn cause the falsities or embellished reports to gain traction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215August 11, 2023 2:16 PM

Any news on today’s hearing in DC? I want to see a gag order imposed. Anyone else on the planet would have one imposed.

by Anonymousreply 216August 11, 2023 2:19 PM

Ruth Ben-Ghiat summed it up very well, to answer those who continued to be puzzled by all the sheeple who vote against their own interests. R215, this isn't news to most of us, but I'm glad he is saying it outloud, and I wish the assignment desks and Editorial staff and "journalists" at CNN and other so Networks and their called news "shows," would pay attention and re-discover how to do their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 217August 11, 2023 2:51 PM

[quote]Any news on today’s hearing in DC?

A protective order was issued, but it only applies to sensitive materials.

by Anonymousreply 218August 11, 2023 3:09 PM

What are “sensitive materials”?

by Anonymousreply 219August 11, 2023 3:26 PM

r219 - Their feelings are easily hurt, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 220August 11, 2023 3:29 PM

US District Judge Tanya Chutkan said Friday that she plans to issue a protective order over the handling of evidence in the Donald Trump 2020 election interference case, saying it’s needed to protect witnesses or other interference in the trial.

The former president has a right to free speech, but that right is “not absolute,” the judge said at a hearing Friday.

“Mr. Trump, like every American, has a First Amendment right to free speech, but that right is not absolute. In a criminal case such as this one, the defendant’s free speech is subject to the rules,” Chutkan said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221August 11, 2023 3:30 PM

Seriously r219. Who defines what sensitive materials are? Are they documents? Witness testimony? What are they? And Rose isn’t the only one wondering. This is the DC case, so nothing to do with classified docs.

by Anonymousreply 222August 11, 2023 3:31 PM

Among the restrictions the prosecutors are requesting in this case is a rule barring Trump’s lawyers from providing copies of “sensitive” evidence to the former president, including witness interviews and grand jury transcripts from the dozens of witnesses in Trump’s circle who have spoken to prosecutors.

by Anonymousreply 223August 11, 2023 3:33 PM

...The cruelty is the point...

Here is the FedSociety token DeSatan has appointed to replace the DULY ELECTED judge Monique Worrell.

[quote] One of her major efforts in office was the expansion of diversion programs to connect those arrested with low-level charges to services that address the root causes of crimes, she has said. The same programs also seek to avoid penalizing those accused of non-violent crimes with a criminal record that may stop them from being able to find work or qualify for housing.

[quote] The diversion programs, some of which preceded Worrell, are mostly eligible to those accused of non-violent, low-level crimes including driving with a suspended license, resisting an officer without violence and underage drinking. Worrell also had in place a pre-trial diversion program for veterans, juveniles and a multi-level program for drug users.

[quote] In addition to indefinitely suspending the diversion programs, Bain’s decision has thrown defendants who were in the various programs when he was appointed Wednesday back on the pre-trial docket,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224August 11, 2023 3:59 PM

The point is that Trump goes to rallies and makes TV appearances and uses social media to make threats and attack people. This has a chilling effect on witnesses...and it is illegal. It has to be addressed. "Sensitive materials" needs to be very specific otherwise it amounts to a slap on the risk, "tsk, tsk." I want them to crack down on this thug and force him to close his fucking mouth in public.

by Anonymousreply 225August 11, 2023 4:24 PM

[quote]"Sensitive materials" needs to be very specific

Why do you think it isn't, r225?

by Anonymousreply 226August 11, 2023 4:29 PM

[quote]Who defines what sensitive materials are?

The Feds do, although I would imagine that Trump's lawyers can challenge it on specific documents.

by Anonymousreply 227August 11, 2023 4:30 PM

This isn't the documents case, this is Jan 6th, so "sensitive documents would include witness lists, e-mails and text messages and a lot of shit Trump may not have been aware of. so the judge has to issue a gaga order. That fucker is threatening people in public so can you imagine what he and his t hug sons are doing privately?

by Anonymousreply 228August 11, 2023 4:46 PM

R225, the protective order the judge signed will explain how documents are going to be designated and handled. We know that witness interviews and recordings will be treated as “sensitive” material.

by Anonymousreply 229August 11, 2023 4:52 PM

Not Gaga. She had no part in Jan. 6th. "Gag" I meant Gag order.

by Anonymousreply 230August 11, 2023 4:54 PM

Special counsel assigned to Hunter Biden case.

Courtesy of Merrick "Both Sides" Garland.

by Anonymousreply 231August 11, 2023 5:02 PM

Every accusation is an admission.

One person's rights end when they begin to infringe on the rights of another.

by Anonymousreply 232August 11, 2023 5:05 PM

I saw that. Shame on him. He should have issued a statement telling those fuckers off. Telling them to stop weaponing their filth. I feel really bad for Hunter. I know I couldn't take all the pounding he's been getting. ( And not good pounding either.)

by Anonymousreply 233August 11, 2023 5:06 PM

[quote]all the pounding he's been getting

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 234August 11, 2023 5:08 PM

I thought there had ALREADY been some sort of Special Counsel for Hunter? That’s where the original plea deal came from?

Ffs.

That rethug operative needs to go on FUX and say that. Otherwise, the brain dead who should hear it never will.

by Anonymousreply 235August 11, 2023 5:38 PM

Merrick Garland could have ended the Hunter saga at this time. Hunter has been investigated for five years by the DoJ, including having a special counsel originally appointed by DoJ under Trump. The judge that undermined the plea agreement is a Trump appointee. Garland wanted to appease Republican critics. Garland delayed substantively investigating Trump for 1/06 for almost two years.

Hunter had no government job. Yet, Jared and Ivanka Trump worked in the White House and received 2 billion dollars from Saudi Arabia as the Trump administration ended. Who is investigating the Kushners? Explain that Garland, McCarthy, Jordan, and Comer?

by Anonymousreply 236August 11, 2023 6:52 PM

Garland. I said Garland was a POS back in November of 2021. I know Joe Biden is scrupulously honest, has integrity and would never interfere with Garland. And really, someone needs to take Garland to the woodshed and kick his ass. This is unacceptable. We should have never put so much faith in Garland. Someone invisible needs to pressure him to resign. He's done enough. Who is in a position to do that, because it isn't Joe.

by Anonymousreply 237August 11, 2023 6:53 PM

Judge Chutkan says Trump's defense is "conflating what your client needs to do to defend himself and what your client wants to do politically. Your client's defense is supposed to happen in this courtroom, not on the internet."

Chutkan rules Trump will be forbidden from having a phone, copy machine, or anything else that could create a copy of the sensitive materials while he's reviewing them.

Defense counsel will have to review Trump's notes to make sure he's not copying witness' personal info.

by Anonymousreply 238August 11, 2023 7:51 PM

Biden should offer Garland's job to Jack Smith. He probably doesn't want it, though.

by Anonymousreply 239August 11, 2023 8:15 PM

Garland got so comfortable on the federal bench, he thinks this Attorney General thing is a lifetime appointment. He needs to be shown it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 240August 11, 2023 8:49 PM

Remember, Garland let Matt Gaetz escape prosecution, and there were direct witnesses of his alleged illegal behavior.

by Anonymousreply 241August 11, 2023 9:07 PM

Ooh, R239, I like that idea. And the Repigs would go batshit, which makes me like it that much more.

by Anonymousreply 242August 12, 2023 12:58 AM

Abbott should be sent to The Hague

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243August 12, 2023 1:47 AM

Abbott is an awful and cruel Governor creating theatrics for attention and scoring political points.

That said, I am not impressed how Mayorkas has done his job. He’s made claims the border and illegal migration is well under control. He needs to back-up such PR statements.

by Anonymousreply 244August 12, 2023 12:47 PM

I'm old enough to remember that the election in Texas was stolen and Beto really won. The Republican AG Paxton who is the posterboy for corruption, admitted it.

by Anonymousreply 245August 12, 2023 12:59 PM

[quote] Eventually, two and a half hours after the pain started, the expectant mother said she was allowed to leave the Middleton Unit. As quickly as the pain would allow her, Issa drove to a nearby hospital, where doctors rushed her into emergency surgery after being unable to find a fetal heartbeat. The baby was delivered stillborn.

[quote] If Issa had gotten to the hospital sooner, medical personnel told her, the baby would have survived, the lawsuit claims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246August 12, 2023 4:55 PM

Until the fools who keep voting rethug feel some of this pain, they won’t GAF.

May Abbott and all who voted for and support him come to know and feel the full horror of his actions.

by Anonymousreply 247August 12, 2023 6:13 PM

The post at R246 is a screaming example of anti-abortionists who don’t give a fuck about babies at all.

by Anonymousreply 248August 12, 2023 7:22 PM

[quote] Following a fundraising party earlier this month, the Republican lawmaker struck his wife in the face and threw her cellphone into a pool to keep her from calling 911, according to a Summit County sheriff's report. Their young daughter witnessed the incident. Young's wife then sought “safe haven” in Young's brother's home after the alleged assault, according to the report. Young followed her and attempted to enter his brother's home without permission. As the brother tried to keep him from coming in, Young charged him, and during a struggle, fell through a glass door,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249August 13, 2023 9:41 PM

^ Pigfaced bastard.

by Anonymousreply 250August 13, 2023 10:10 PM

Looks like Young should have stuck to the sideshow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251August 13, 2023 11:24 PM

Re: R246

[quote] Arkansas banned paying for AP African history tests—but pays for AP European history

[quote] TX banned abortion b/c a fetus has rights—but reject liability for a stillbirth b/c a fetus has no rights

[quote] N Dakota GOP banned free school lunches—but gave themselves free lunches

[quote] GOP=Hypocrisy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252August 13, 2023 11:47 PM

Trump's white supremacist buddy Nick Fuentes tells Tanya Chutksn to "go back to Jamaica" and calls her a "stupid bitch"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253August 14, 2023 11:41 PM

Special note to Mr. Fuentes:

"Come out, come out wherever you are. You're not fooling anybody. You're time's up as a star."

by Anonymousreply 254August 15, 2023 12:07 AM

Nick Fuentes is getting pudgy. That young queen has not touched any pussy ever.

by Anonymousreply 255August 15, 2023 1:14 AM

Lindsey’s ironic hissy-fit on Jesse Watters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256August 15, 2023 8:54 AM

After this latest indictment, I doubt Trump will attend, but if he doesn't how much would you bet that one of the questions will be "If you're elected, will you pardon Donald Trump for his federal crimes?"

I'm torn between not wanting to give this debate any ratings, and wanting to watch the clown show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257August 15, 2023 3:18 PM

I'm not torn. I will not be watching I have better things to do with my brain. Frankly, I'd rather watch paint dry. I have already stopped watching political news shows. except for the Indictments, I haven'ts een any of the so-called journalists and pundits with their speculative bullshit and their horserace hype. None of the Republicans are worth shit. The Republican party is a shell hijacked by extremists and there is not one living ass among them worth watching, not even as comic relief. I know who I am voting for. I'm avoiding the political shows. It is this news media that has conferred legitimacy on Neo Fascists, and normalized them as if it's politics as usual. We cannot afford for one single Republican to win an election in 2024. Not one. State, Local, Federal.

by Anonymousreply 258August 15, 2023 3:27 PM

If Trump goes to the debate, all the sycophants on stage will be kissing his ass. Chris Christie will not be doing that. Christie is a tough debater and will rip into Trump, zinger after zinger. Trump will not be willing to share the stage with Christie.

by Anonymousreply 259August 15, 2023 6:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260August 15, 2023 6:24 PM

^

@JoJoFromJerz

[quote] A sitting Congressperson tweeting this from her OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT ACCOUNT is somehow fine, but a female soccer player choosing not to sing the National Anthem is ‘disrespectful to the flag’. Oh, ok.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261August 15, 2023 6:27 PM

Right wing queen wants Stacey Abrams arrested for hypocrisy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262August 15, 2023 6:30 PM

^^Right-wing queen can't tell the difference between sour grapes and a RICO violation!

by Anonymousreply 263August 15, 2023 8:07 PM

Republican Senators Terrified As Mitch McConnell's Health Problems Get Worse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264August 15, 2023 8:14 PM

R264 I don't know, but it seems to me someone as deliberate and careful as McConnell will have already chosen who will succeed him as the leader of the Republican minority. Is Thune taking up the slack. Who is his #2?

by Anonymousreply 265August 15, 2023 8:20 PM

Piece of poop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266August 15, 2023 8:41 PM

[quote] If you would vote for anyone with a record like this to hold any public office at all, you are the problem.

91 criminal charges

26 sexual assault allegations

6 bankruptcies

5 draft deferments

4 indictments

2 impeachments

1 convicted company

1 fake university shut down

1 fake charity shut down

$25 million fraud settlement

$5 million sexual abuse verdict

$2 million charity abuse judgment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267August 15, 2023 8:49 PM

[quote]I don't know, but it seems to me someone as deliberate and careful as McConnell will have already chosen who will succeed him as the leader of the Republican minority. Is Thune taking up the slack. Who is his #2?

[quote]Piece of poop

He's got my vote!

by Anonymousreply 268August 15, 2023 9:24 PM

Gym Jordan is a member of the House of Representatives. Mitch McConnell is the SENATE Minority Leader. A nother senator would have to replace him in leadership.

by Anonymousreply 269August 15, 2023 11:11 PM

[quote] The Georgia Supreme Court has removed embattled Court of Appeals Judge Christian Coomer from the bench for ethical lapses that brought his judicial office into disrepute. He can’t seek or be appointed to a judicial post for at least seven years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270August 16, 2023 2:15 PM

[bold] MANY of (otherwise unnamed) "unindicted co-conspirators" in #GeorgiaIndictment. [/bold]

Boris Epstheyn

Tom Fitton

Bernie Kerik

Phil Waldron

Lt. Gov. Burt Jones

Jim Penrose

...more

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271August 16, 2023 9:36 PM

How does a guy with a face like this get one woman to fuck him...let alone a mistress?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272August 16, 2023 10:35 PM

MSNBC won in the ratings on Monday night.

Beating the lying assholes in faux news.

by Anonymousreply 273August 16, 2023 10:41 PM

Where's Peter Navarro in all of this?

by Anonymousreply 274August 16, 2023 10:47 PM

[quote] Where's Peter Navarro in all of this?

Trying to get in contact with Tom Fitton's dealer and/or trainer?

by Anonymousreply 275August 16, 2023 10:56 PM

R272, that's why he's so corrupt. He needed that $$$$$$.

by Anonymousreply 276August 16, 2023 11:01 PM

Pretty much on cue.

Also of note is that Monday night after he was indicted by Fani Willis, TFG made a comment about the stolen election and their need to stop the

riggers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277August 16, 2023 11:54 PM

R273 Their panels are usually excellent.

by Anonymousreply 278August 17, 2023 12:11 AM

The troll who threatened Tanya Chutkan is also racist. Shocker!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279August 17, 2023 1:01 AM

Ol’ tiddy Tom “my shirt ain’t fittin “ Fitton will certainly get a PRISON UNIFORM that fits!

by Anonymousreply 280August 17, 2023 1:11 AM

Trump might be facing a fifth indictment in AZ! For more fake elector bullshiy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281August 17, 2023 1:39 AM

R281: jinx! Was just about to say that.

by Anonymousreply 282August 17, 2023 1:40 AM

r282, what?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283August 17, 2023 2:00 AM

[quote][R282], what?!

When two people say something at the same time, people sometimes respond with "jinx!"

by Anonymousreply 284August 17, 2023 2:02 AM

Rudy was begging Trump to help him pay his legal bills

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285August 17, 2023 3:03 AM

Why are those multi-billionaire sugar daddies that pay for extravagant vacations and other expensive gifts for a couple of supreme court justices, not paying for Trump’s and cohorts legal bills?

by Anonymousreply 286August 17, 2023 8:38 AM

Because they like a return on their investments, r286.

by Anonymousreply 287August 17, 2023 10:04 AM

Mitch McConnell's pet project haz problems

[quote] The complaints allege a work environment that has led to multiple resignations, including among attorneys. And two top Cameron officials—Deputy AG Vic Maddox and deputy solicitor general for criminal appeals Jeffrey A. Cross—are accused of routine mistreatment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288August 17, 2023 11:58 AM

@Moms4Liberty is engaged in an aggressive campaign to cancel sex ed in schools

[quote] strongly objected to the concept of CONSENT being included in sex ed curriculum. She argued teaching kids about consent is counterproductive

[quote] also objected to curriculums that recognize LGBTQ people and relationships without treating them as abnormal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289August 17, 2023 3:15 PM

The idea of consent is counterproductive?! Crazy fucking bitches! What is it with the RepuliQuans being so obsessed with rape and it being okay?

by Anonymousreply 290August 17, 2023 4:19 PM

[quote]What is it with the RepuliQuans being so obsessed with rape and it being okay?

How else will they get laid?

by Anonymousreply 291August 17, 2023 5:28 PM

[quote] A new law prohibits student-led organizations that “advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion” and other social and political causes from receiving state or federal funding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292August 17, 2023 6:05 PM

^ Florida Man is at it again

by Anonymousreply 293August 17, 2023 6:10 PM

[quote] the chairman of the state’s ethics commission, Glenton “Glen” Gilzean, is also getting paid $400,000 a year to run the state new (anti-) Disney governing board.

[quote] The problem with that is that Florida statutes say no public employees are allowed to serve as ethics commissioners. That’s for a pretty obvious reason: Because you don’t want the fox guarding the henhouse — a public official in a position to investigate himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294August 17, 2023 6:12 PM

Puddin’ DeSantis is quite the fascist.

by Anonymousreply 295August 17, 2023 7:54 PM

Melania apparently does not give a sh*t about Trump’s indictments. You don’t see her anymore at Trump political events, and she doesn’t accompany him to court hearings.

Melania’s Take on Donald Trump’s Fourth Indictment Is Basically “Sucks to Be You, Pal”:

[quote] In a new report that would almost have the potential to make one feel bad for Donald Trump, were Donald Trump not legitimately one of the worst people on earth, a “social source” connected to the former first lady told People that “this fourth indictment is another problem for her husband,” and not a problem “for her.” The person added that Melania “wants nothing to do with any of it,” preferring instead to “lead…her own life.” (Lest you start thinking this Mel character, what with her “Another indictment? That’s a shame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296August 17, 2023 9:53 PM

[quote]preferring instead to “lead…her own life."

Has she picked her street corner in Hialeah yet?

by Anonymousreply 297August 17, 2023 9:56 PM

R296 Trump has Lindsey to fill the void.

by Anonymousreply 298August 17, 2023 9:57 PM

And what a void it is!

by Anonymousreply 299August 17, 2023 9:58 PM

Yes, please!

by Anonymousreply 300August 17, 2023 10:01 PM

Indeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301August 17, 2023 10:06 PM

Is Nick Fuentes an incel? Is he closeted gay but has no sex? Whatever, that is not a straight guy talking.

[quote]“You should not seek sex because if you seek sex, you will become gay because sex is a gay act,” he said on his program late last month. “It’s totally gay.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302August 17, 2023 10:14 PM

[quote] The Little Rock School District’s Central High, North Little Rock High School, Jacksonville High and the Academies at Jonesboro, along with the charter schools North Little Rock Center for Excellence and eStem High School, have all confirmed they will offer the course and calculate grades on the same elevated, 5-point GPA scale as other Advanced Placement classes.

[...]

[quote] The Keystone Cops performance as state officials dispatched a pileup of flimsy reasons for cutting the course is prompting national media attention and mockery.

[quote] It’s all happening under the leadership of Oliva, who left a job in Ron DeSantis’ Florida Department of Education to come to Arkansas. Waging the culture war was part of his job description there as well. As their chancellor of K-12 education, Oliva policed policy rewrites on locker rooms, pronouns and other LGBTQ issues as required by Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” law.

[quote] Upon taking on his Arkansas role as education secretary, Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders instructed Oliva to target “indoctrination” and “critical race theory.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303August 17, 2023 10:23 PM

Shouldn’t Sarah “The Huck” be judging hog calling contests instead?

by Anonymousreply 304August 17, 2023 10:48 PM

Just filed: Trump attorneys propose an April 2026 trial date for the federal election interference case. Prosecutors had asked for Jan 2024. Judge Chutkan set to rule on this August 28th.

by Anonymousreply 305August 17, 2023 11:04 PM

I had a critical race theory class many years ago as a graduate school seminar in Social Work.

Where are CRT classes being taught in K-12 public schools? Few school teachers would be qualified to teach it. Grasping the subject matter and understanding and debating the theory is appropriate basically for higher education, preferably as a graduate school class(es) in a related discipline.

by Anonymousreply 306August 17, 2023 11:04 PM

[quote] Where are CRT classes being taught in K-12 public schools?

Nowhere.

The words just have an appropriate truthiness that is convenient for their "needs".

[quote] As Rufo eventually came to see it, conservatives engaged in the culture war had been fighting against the same progressive racial ideology since late in the Obama years, without ever being able to describe it effectively. “We’ve needed new language for these issues,” Rufo told me, when I first wrote to him, late in May. “ ‘Political correctness’ is a dated term and, more importantly, doesn’t apply anymore. It’s not that elites are enforcing a set of manners and cultural limits, they’re seeking to reengineer the foundation of human psychology and social institutions through the new politics of race, It’s much more invasive than mere ‘correctness,’ which is a mechanism of social control, but not the heart of what’s happening. The other frames are wrong, too: ‘cancel culture’ is a vacuous term and doesn’t translate into a political program; ‘woke’ is a good epithet, but it’s too broad, too terminal, too easily brushed aside. ‘Critical race theory’ is the perfect villain,” Rufo wrote.

[quote] He thought that the phrase was a better description of what conservatives were opposing, but it also seemed like a promising political weapon. “Its connotations are all negative to most middle-class Americans, including racial minorities, who see the world as ‘creative’ rather than ‘critical,’ ‘individual’ rather than ‘racial,’ ‘practical’ rather than ‘theoretical.’ Strung together, the phrase ‘critical race theory’ connotes hostile, academic, divisive, race-obsessed, poisonous, elitist, anti-American.” Most perfect of all, Rufo continued, critical race theory is not “an externally applied pejorative.” Instead, “it’s the label the critical race theorists chose themselves.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307August 17, 2023 11:13 PM

A thoroughly rotten culture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308August 17, 2023 11:14 PM

What I want to know is when is the cross eyed cyclops Stone and the traitor Flynn gonna get theirs?

Because THEY were in just as deep FROM THE BEGINNING. Yet still no charges in ANY jurisdiction?

Dafuq up with that?

by Anonymousreply 309August 18, 2023 5:52 PM

^ And Bannon

by Anonymousreply 310August 18, 2023 6:10 PM

^and Alex Jones

by Anonymousreply 311August 18, 2023 7:32 PM

Lady G has a message.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312August 19, 2023 12:28 AM

^ Miss Lindsey cussing again.

by Anonymousreply 313August 19, 2023 12:30 AM

[quote] West Virginia University would like you to believe that its plan to make draconian budget cuts is strictly a financial decision. WVU, West Virginia’s flagship land-grant university, which is located in the small city of Morgantown on the state’s northern border with Pennsylvania, is rushing to eliminate 9 percent of its majors (32 programs in total), all foreign language programs, and 16 percent of full-time faculty members (169 in total) in response to a $45 million budget deficit for the fiscal year 2024.

[...]

[quote] Many of the programs potentially facing the ax are those that grant students the greatest possibility for socioeconomic mobility. One comprehensive analysis of college majors and social mobility found that majors in education were uniquely advantageous; indeed, Gee himself received a doctorate in education, from Columbia. Multiple programs in education are recommended for discontinuation.

[...]

[quote] One cannot help but wonder if the cuts are driven by a hostility to liberal arts education couched in the sterile ambiguity of financial considerations. WVU isn’t the first place to experience this particular impact of austerity. Rpk Group, a consulting firm that WVU employed, has previously helped to cut academic programs in Kansas and at institutions like New Jersey City University, preserving and generating revenue primarily for majors and degree programs that serve the tech industry. In the Nation, Lisa M. Corrigan describes what’s happening at WVU as “a trial balloon for doing this elsewhere.”

[...]

[quote] Meanwhile, Gee’s past appointments at American universities concluded amid controversies he incited by implementing reductions to academic programs. His expense report at OSU revealed the university spent $7.7 million on Gee’s expenses, almost equaling his $8.6 million salary. When he was president at Brown, the university spent $3 million renovating his home. Under his supervision as chancellor at Vanderbilt, Vanderbilt spent $6 million renovating the mansion where Gee lived; Gee also incurred a $700,000 tab for hosting social events.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314August 19, 2023 1:13 AM

[quote] I can tell you that no other state flagship university has forsaken language education for its students or made the kinds of cuts to the humanities that WVU is undertaking,” Paula M. Krebs, executive director of the Modern Language Association, wrote in an Aug. 11 letter to Gee. Krebs said study of language, literature and culture is essential to the mission of a major university. “Access to these courses is especially important in public higher education, which is often the only route to a degree for many state residents,” she wrote. “The humanities should not be reserved for students who can afford private higher education.”

[...]

[quote] Del. Evan Hansen (D) said Republican leaders recently blocked his proposal for a House vote on providing WVU with funding to cover the budget shortfall. “Higher education needs to be part of the solution to retaining the people we have and attracting new people to move here,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315August 19, 2023 1:25 AM

Karen Sue (aka “Mother”) Pence says she never felt afraid on that Jan. 6 day.

[quote] Former second lady Karen Pence said that she "never felt afraid" while at the Capitol on January 6. "I really felt like we just had such a peace and God's presence," she recently told ABC News. Karen Pence said her role as second lady prepared her for the precautions she took that day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316August 19, 2023 9:57 AM

Dear god, she's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 317August 19, 2023 10:29 AM

Kansas police chief resigns days before felony charges of possessing child porn: records

[quote] One of the 13 videos Womochil possessed involved a child under the age of 5 who had a pacifier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318August 19, 2023 12:21 PM

Because...of course.

by Anonymousreply 319August 19, 2023 1:40 PM

R318 why did you post this here?

by Anonymousreply 320August 19, 2023 1:51 PM

Republicans love to molest children then say Democrats do it.

Projective identification.

by Anonymousreply 321August 19, 2023 2:07 PM

Great Jupiter, please, please continue to grant “Mother” comfort and peace, and guide her husband Mike in his noble quest to be President of the U. S.

“Mother”, also let me know how to order a batch of towel pins you make. I like the ladybugs ones, and the silver butterflies ones are lovely too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322August 19, 2023 7:23 PM

@joncoopertweets

[quote] ‼️Although Trump will have his mugshot taken when he’s arraigned next week at the Fulton County jail, Georgia state code prohibits arresting law enforcement agencies from posting mugshots (also known as booking photographs) onto a website. So when Trump’s mugshot is taken, it likely will NOT be posted to the sheriff office’s own website.

[quote] However, Georgia code does allow for ANYONE to request a booking photograph. If you’d like to request your own copy of Trump’s mugshot — suitable for framing 😁 — it’s easy! Simply submit your Open Records request to the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office. Details are provided in the below link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323August 19, 2023 7:39 PM

Thoughts and prayers going out to the poor sod who has to do Donald's body cavity search.

by Anonymousreply 324August 19, 2023 7:50 PM

^ That person should get a Purple Heart

by Anonymousreply 325August 19, 2023 8:04 PM

[quote]also let me know how to order a batch of towel pins you make.

Charms, r322, towel...*charms*.

by Anonymousreply 326August 19, 2023 8:07 PM

I hope Inmate Dump's mugshot, complete with number and TRUE height and weight gets leaked to the public and it ends up on t-shirts, mugs, pins, flags, and yardsigns!

by Anonymousreply 327August 19, 2023 9:33 PM

[quote]“Kimberly Guilfoyle Slammed After Comparing Donald Trump to Infamous Mobster John Gotti: 'She's Not the Sharpest Tool in the Shed'”

[quote] While trying to prove her point, the 54-year-old compared Trump to infamous mobster John Gotti, who received fewer indictments than the Republican politician.

[quote]"It's just absolutely ridiculous," she stated. "And John Gotti? OK, can you imagine RICO, OK, violations? John Gotti never even had four indictments at once. There's no mob boss, let alone they do this to President Trump."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328August 20, 2023 12:01 AM

Bad ole Clarence & Ginni:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329August 20, 2023 12:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330August 21, 2023 3:41 PM

Trump Lawyers Beg Judge Cannon To Punish Jack Smith For 'Derailing' Trump's Campaign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331August 22, 2023 3:20 AM

Well, looks like he's going to go to the Fulton County Jail to get booked on Thursday. They said the procedure is the same for all defendants. He'll get patted down, have shoelaces etc confiscated, get a mug shot and finger printed. Go to a holding "area" and post bail. They'll process his bail, and then he is released until his court d ate. Now his lawyers have already arranged his bail, $200,000.

by Anonymousreply 332August 22, 2023 3:40 AM

I found the idea of a Monopoly Trump Edition was good, but the image quality or the execution left to be desired.

So here's another one for my fellow dataloungers, and esp. R330.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333August 22, 2023 1:21 PM

If I may, a brief interlude. Someone in one of these Trump threads asked about Andrew Weissman. Of course he's NOT GAY.....(cough,cough!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334August 22, 2023 3:14 PM

R334 that was me on behalf of my wife. Thank you! I am sending it to her now.

by Anonymousreply 335August 22, 2023 4:42 PM

I love Andrew Weismann!

I bet he’s a hot when he’s had one too many!

by Anonymousreply 336August 22, 2023 6:03 PM

A HOOT, you fucking stupid autocorrect jackass!

by Anonymousreply 337August 22, 2023 6:04 PM

Perhaps Nick Fuentes fans need to switch from watching UFC to viewing old tapes of Jim Jordan wrestling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338August 22, 2023 6:18 PM

A key witness against former President Donald Trump and his two co-defendants in the Mar-a-Lago documents case recanted previous false testimony and provided new information implicating the defendants after switching lawyers, according to a new court filing by special counsel Jack Smith’s office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339August 22, 2023 11:19 PM

The Guardian: Trump negotiated his surrender at the Fulton County jail on 2020 election subversion charges to take place during the prime viewing hours for cable news on Thursday, aiming to get maximum television ratings.

by Anonymousreply 340August 22, 2023 11:41 PM

I'm surprised he didn't do it to clash with the debate. I guess doing it the next day will kill the media momentum anyone might get from a good performance.

by Anonymousreply 341August 22, 2023 11:43 PM

Andrew Weisman isn't gay, he's Jewish!

(lord knows I've had enough cute Jewish guys fuck with my gaydar)

by Anonymousreply 342August 22, 2023 11:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343August 23, 2023 2:16 AM

Probe him hard, deep, and bloody.

by Anonymousreply 344August 23, 2023 3:26 AM

Like an alien abduction victim! No lube!

by Anonymousreply 345August 23, 2023 6:40 AM

Need a good laugh?

[quote]Eric Trump: “If somebody came into one of our hotels while my father was president & they were from a foreign country, a government official from a foreign country - you know what we’d do? We’d donate all the money from that margarita they bought at the bar to the US Treasury.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346August 23, 2023 7:12 AM

‘The apple of Putin’s eye’, Donald Trump, says he’ll immediately end the war on Ukraine when he’s elected President in 2024. Sure, Trump will work to help give all of Europe to Putin, and end NATO and the European Union.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347August 23, 2023 3:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348August 23, 2023 4:36 PM

The rot is deep.

Purge the MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 349August 23, 2023 4:39 PM

Re R343

Twitter--"Interesting that Leonard Leo became filthy rich only after helping to block Merrick Garland's appointment to the Supreme Court, after which he became a multi-millionaire with multiple mansions almost overnight. "

[quote] Beginning in 2016, coinciding with the multimillion-dollar payments paid to BH Group, Leonard Leo began living more lavishly. In 2017, Leonard Leo pledged to donate $1 million to Vatican initiatives worldwide.25 In August 2018, he paid off the 30-year mortgage on the Mclean, Virginia home, most of which was still outstanding on the payoff date. Later that same year, Leonard Leo bought a $3.3 million summer home with 11 bedrooms in Mount Desert, an affluent seaside village on the coast of Maine, using, in part, a 20-year mortgage of $2,310,000.26 Leonard Leo paid off the entire balance of that mortgage just one year later in July 2019.27 In September 2021, Leonard Leo bought a second home in Mount Desert for $1.65 million.28 While spending millions of dollars on new homes, there is little to show that he slowed down spending in other areas, given that he had a reputation for wearing fine tailored suits and gold jewelry, as well as an intimate familiarity with the best and most expensive wines and restaurants in every major city in the world.29

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350August 23, 2023 6:40 PM

The Attorney General in D.C. announced an investigation of Leo. I wonder why it's not something a U.S. attorney would initiate.

by Anonymousreply 351August 23, 2023 7:28 PM

There's so damned much money, dark money flooding our system we need true reform. We need to get rid of the $$$ that fuels the Neo Fascist machine. It will require members of Congress willing to bite off the hands that feed them.

by Anonymousreply 352August 23, 2023 7:33 PM

Rudy is now speaking after surrendering for booking in the GA election case. He was asked if he regrets associating his name with Trump. He said no, and I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact Trump's hosting a $100K per ticket fundraiser for Rudy in a couple of weeks.

"The FBI stole my iCloud account!"

by Anonymousreply 353August 23, 2023 7:45 PM

Who in their right mind is going to give Rudy Guiliani $100k? For what? He doesn’t have any influence. That’s a waste of money. It’s just Trump bilking others to resolve his own financial issues.

by Anonymousreply 354August 23, 2023 7:56 PM

I suspect there's going to be some oligarch $$ in the mix and to cover up where and how they get $$ they're holding a "fundraiser." And you better believe it's at least 50% grift.

by Anonymousreply 355August 23, 2023 8:55 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356August 23, 2023 9:24 PM

Sidney Powell's mug shot ^

by Anonymousreply 357August 23, 2023 9:25 PM

Rudy Giuliani

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358August 23, 2023 9:25 PM

Jenna Ellis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359August 23, 2023 9:26 PM

When you're smiling...

by Anonymousreply 360August 23, 2023 9:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361August 23, 2023 9:58 PM

Just exactly how many publicists were required to rehearse those mugshots for all these traitors?

by Anonymousreply 362August 23, 2023 10:29 PM

Trump's Mar-a-Lago IT director gets out from under a MAGA lawyer, gets a new lawyer & flips on Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363August 23, 2023 10:32 PM

Ellis looks okay but the rest look frightening

by Anonymousreply 364August 23, 2023 10:57 PM

Those mugshots are some of David Lynch's best work.

by Anonymousreply 365August 23, 2023 10:58 PM

[quote]Ellis looks okay

Ellis looks...inappropriate

by Anonymousreply 366August 23, 2023 11:43 PM

Rudy looks like the guy in the American Gothic painting

by Anonymousreply 367August 24, 2023 12:38 AM

I think Don Jr gave Ellis a little bump of something just before her mugshot. I'm looking at the photograph carefully for the telltale white mustache.

by Anonymousreply 368August 24, 2023 5:39 AM

Mark Meadows surrenders in Georgia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369August 24, 2023 6:28 PM

I know with Tea Party Meadows, Rudy, Eastman and Trump, as well as the arrogant Jeffrey Clark, it burns their asses to have to come to Atlanta, and surrender to a Black Woman . To add insult to injury, the judge who is hearing Meadows request to have his trial moved to federal court is a Black Man appointed to the federal bench by... Obama.

by Anonymousreply 370August 24, 2023 7:41 PM

When are we getting the orange cunts mugshot. I want to print it out on a commemorative towel the one I use to clean up after I jerk off

by Anonymousreply 371August 24, 2023 7:43 PM

He's supposed to be surrendering at 7:30 ET tonight.

by Anonymousreply 372August 24, 2023 7:50 PM

Have any of the others had their vitals released? Weight and height? Just curious when that can be expected. Were their vitals released with their mugshots?

by Anonymousreply 373August 24, 2023 8:06 PM

I'll get the popcorn ready for 7:30!

by Anonymousreply 374August 24, 2023 8:36 PM

Of course watching the Mango Mussolini get arrested, finger printed , as well as a mug shot is pure gold. It is historic. I get it and I want to see it too. But once these fuckers are all booked and the trial date is set, there is no real news beyond filing motions and appealing decisions on motions, and so forth. None of it merits primetime TV shows and hours of bloviating by so called pundits and the legal experts. Even MSNBC is not immune from the whole clickbait thing. Just saw Mark Meadows mugshot and boy did he look pissed off. I loved it.

by Anonymousreply 375August 24, 2023 9:48 PM

Link to live feed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376August 24, 2023 10:15 PM

Another fucking trump motorcade.

by Anonymousreply 377August 24, 2023 10:35 PM

What, no boat parade? Lame.

Wags on Twitter pointing out that Meadows' mugshot looks like they just finished his body cavity search.

by Anonymousreply 378August 24, 2023 10:39 PM

Wonder if Lady Lindzebelle is waiting back in the plane or back in Bedminster?

by Anonymousreply 379August 24, 2023 11:33 PM

[quote] Trump self-reports his height and weight as 6’3”, 215 lbs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380August 25, 2023 12:01 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381August 25, 2023 12:10 AM

215 pounds??? WHAT?

by Anonymousreply 382August 25, 2023 12:12 AM

Two friends of mine sent me the same photo R381. MSNBC hasn’t shown it yet, yet their gabbing away at 100 miles an hour. Wake up people!

by Anonymousreply 383August 25, 2023 12:13 AM

Apologies.

It appears that it may not be the real shot yet.

Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 384August 25, 2023 12:18 AM

I stand corrected. I don’t think that photo is authentic as he was wearing a solid red tie when he got off the plane. (Apologies MSNBC)

by Anonymousreply 385August 25, 2023 12:19 AM

Seems to be official this time (or more credible sources have also been fooled).

Not much different, actually.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386August 25, 2023 12:52 AM

He looks like a mad man.And angry teenager. He may not be mentally competent to stand trial.

by Anonymousreply 387August 25, 2023 1:02 AM

I’m not fooled. He’ll be able to stand trial. He’s a phony prick.

by Anonymousreply 388August 25, 2023 1:06 AM

That's a pose for his cult, they will love it.

by Anonymousreply 389August 25, 2023 1:34 AM

Agreed ^. It's supposed to show his mean, steely determination. It just makes him look like a juvenile delinquent.

by Anonymousreply 390August 25, 2023 1:41 AM

It shows off his jowls

by Anonymousreply 391August 25, 2023 1:46 AM

Also, tRump just sent his first tweet since January of 2021

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392August 25, 2023 1:49 AM

Twitter's YassifyBot remains undefeated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393August 25, 2023 1:50 AM

Only 20 people attended Laura Loomer's pro-Trump rally. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 394August 25, 2023 2:02 AM

^^^ but she still heckled and drove off MTG

[quote] Marge Greene shows up at the Fulton Jail, and Laura Loomer crashes her press gaggle, calls her McCarthy’s puppet and says “you like to talk a bunch of shit online,” and as Marge is running away people with Loomer yell “Large Marge” and “Where’s your husband?” at her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395August 25, 2023 2:05 AM

Wow. When they talk about divisions in the Republican party, it sure ain't philosophical differences. LOL! Girl Fight!

by Anonymousreply 396August 25, 2023 2:35 AM

Sarah Palin is threatening civil war now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397August 25, 2023 4:37 AM

Sarah is long past her due date. Nurture those grandkids, Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 398August 25, 2023 9:49 AM

Lindsey apparently went to Ukraine.

Supporting Ukraine is not what Trump, Vivek, Puddin’ somewhat, and the MAGAs want.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399August 25, 2023 10:01 AM

Jim,”I saw and heard nuttin’ in the locker room”, Jordan, is showing his a$$ again.

[quote] Democratic Rep. Ted Lieu of California, also a member of the House Judiciary Committee, described Jordan’s latest gambit as “stupid,” and it’s worth understanding why. At the heart of the Republican’s newest investigation is a conspiracy theory of sorts: Jordan and his allies apparently believe there are powerful federal officials who are secretly pulling the strings, helping orchestrate these prosecutions. By way of evidence, the Judiciary Committee chairman points to ... nothing in particular. But Jordan keeps launching investigations, sending letters, making demands, and setting deadlines, hoping that someday, he might uncover imagined proof that almost certainly doesn’t exist. Indeed, as Lieu noted, federal law enforcement works with local law enforcement “all the time.” It’s “totally irrelevant if they did that [in the Fulton County matter], or not.” What’s more, as Jordan really ought to have learned after his foray into the case in Manhattan, the House Judiciary Committee doesn’t have jurisdiction to insert itself into criminal prosecutions at the state and local level.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400August 25, 2023 10:38 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401August 27, 2023 4:53 AM

Meth mouth Gym is such a ducking useless piece of dogshit.

This fucker would be delivering Uber eats if it weren’t for the fucking gerrymandering in Ohio.

He’s ugly, shrill, stupid AF and has done NOTHING for his district EVER.

by Anonymousreply 402August 27, 2023 7:01 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403August 28, 2023 1:47 PM

^^^.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404August 28, 2023 1:48 PM

The civilized world begins to plan for a nightmare scenario:

The U.S. presidential election is more than a year away, but allies and adversaries around the world have already begun to contemplate—and even plan for—the return of Donald Trump to the White House. For many foreign capitals, the possibility of a second Trump administration is a source of anxiety. Allies from Paris to Tokyo regard Trump as an erratic leader with little interest in cultivating long-term ties to counter Russian and Chinese expansionism.

Others, including Beijing and Moscow, see potential benefits from Trump, whom they view as a transactional leader who might be willing to strike deals to ease tensions in hot spots such as Ukraine and Taiwan, according to analysts. Nationalist and populist politicians also voice support for Trump’s ambitions. Among the most widespread fears is that Trump would spark a global trade war. Trump has also threatened to withdraw the U.S. from NATO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405August 28, 2023 1:56 PM

Everyone should be terrified, R405

[quote] I’ve listened very carefully to Trump and people in his orbit about his prospective picks for a 2nd Cabinet. God forbid this ever happens, but here are my predictions for what it will look like in each spot.

VP - ELISE STEFANIK

SECRETARY OF STATE - TUCKER CARLSON

ATTORNEY GENERAL - MATT GAETZ

SECRETARY OF THE TREASURY - VIVEK RAMESWAMY

SECRETARY OF HOMELAND SECURITY - BYRON DONALDS

SECRETARY OF EDUCATION - CHRISTOPHER RUFO

SECRETARY OF VETERANS AFFAIRS - RONNY JACKSON

SURGEON GENERAL - MEHMET OZ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406August 28, 2023 2:02 PM

Save this article as a reference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407August 28, 2023 2:05 PM

"But Jordan keeps launching investigations, sending letters, making demands, and setting deadlines, hoping that someday, he might uncover imagined proof that almost certainly doesn’t exist."

You go, girl!

by Anonymousreply 408August 28, 2023 2:09 PM

Trump trafficking in "roomers" this morning on Truth Social:

"Roomer are strong in political circles that Ron DeSanctimonious, whose Presidential run is a shambles, and whose poll numbers have absolutely crashed, putting him 3rd and 4th in some states, will be dropping out of the Presidential race in order to run, in Florida, against Rick Scott for Senate. Now that’s an interesting one, isn’t it?"

by Anonymousreply 409August 28, 2023 2:12 PM

Trial on the Jan 6 case set for March 4 of next year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410August 28, 2023 3:34 PM

If somehow Trump gets elected in ‘24, and the Senate remains in Democratic control, Trump will have a hell of a time getting most cabinet jobs confirmed. There will be an abundance of temporary appointments.

Imagine the hissy fits Lindsey Graham will be having.

by Anonymousreply 411August 28, 2023 3:35 PM

Must I?

by Anonymousreply 412August 28, 2023 4:13 PM

[quote]If somehow Trump gets elected in ‘24, and the Senate remains in Democratic control

WaPo: The 2024 Senate map could be brutal for Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 413August 28, 2023 4:16 PM

They said 2020/2022 could be brutal but Dems did fine. I didn’t see a story there, do you have a link r413?

by Anonymousreply 414August 28, 2023 4:36 PM

[quote] Of the 34 seats that are up for reelection in 2024, Democrats are defending 23 — including the seats of three independents who caucus with Democrats. Three of those seats are particularly ripe for the GOP, given they’re in states that favored Trump by at least eight points in 2020: Montana, Ohio and West Virginia.

[quote] Of the six states Biden won by less than three percentage points in 2020, Democrats have to defend seats in five of them. And one of them is Arizona, where Sen. Kyrsten Sinema recently became an independent and where the political dynamics, if she runs again, will be unpredictable.

[quote] That’s eight solid pickup opportunities for the GOP. To take back the Senate it would need to win either two seats or one plus the White House. (In the event of a 50-50 Senate, the vice president breaks ties.)

[quote] Adding to Democrats’ problems is the absence of obvious opportunities to play offense. They won’t be able to target any states that were blue in 2020, and perhaps their best opportunities are in red Texas and Florida. Texas Democrats haven’t won a single statewide race since 1994, and Florida Democrats just lost both a Senate and a governor’s race by more than 16 points.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415August 28, 2023 4:42 PM

The GOP is running on Donald Trump and a national abortion ban. I don't see how that helps them keep the House or Senate, even with all the WaPo's inside baseball nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 416August 28, 2023 5:08 PM

More "inside baseball nonsense," this time from CNN.

"Democrats hold seven of the 10 seats that CNN ranks as most likely to flip party control next year – and the top three are all in states former President Donald Trump carried twice."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417August 28, 2023 5:52 PM

Laughing at "roomer"

by Anonymousreply 418August 28, 2023 5:57 PM

^Trump probably wrote that himself. Otherwise, it was Junior that wrote it in dad’s behalf.

Their grammatical skills are quite lame.

by Anonymousreply 419August 28, 2023 6:12 PM

So the judge ordered a trial date of March 2024 for the DC case.

Suck it, you fat pig.

by Anonymousreply 420August 28, 2023 7:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421August 28, 2023 9:51 PM

^ Team Eminem

by Anonymousreply 422August 28, 2023 10:36 PM

Once more with feeling (and no cue cards).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423August 29, 2023 7:31 AM

“As we were investigating, there was all sorts of illegal activity that started coming up: officers signing each other’s reports, getting them notarized in someone else’s name when they signed them themselves, fraudulent documents,” she told The Daily Beast.

[quote] What American viewers weren’t told is that, behind the scenes, the governor’s office had quietly conspired with local sheriffs to tarnish the reputations of these democratically elected prosecutors—turning local cops against the state attorneys they’re supposed to partner with and trust.

[quote] In the latest instance, the governor did one sheriff a huge favor by firing Orlando-area State Attorney Monique Worrell just as she was about to crack down on a wide-ranging cover-up by deputies who, she says, were faking documents to hide lethal and abusive behavior.

[...]

[quote] According to Worrell and another person with knowledge of the call, Mina began to pepper her with specific questions about cases that her office had failed to prosecute. The problem was, the cases actually reflected police misconduct and ineptitude, rather than forgiving or forgetful prosecutors. For example, both said the Orlando County sheriff complained about the state attorney’s failure to jail a particular known gang member fresh out of prison who was caught with a gun in his car. However, Worrell’s staff on the call countered that description of the case, noting that the felon had actually been illegally accosted by detectives who spotted him at a gun show, where they demanded to know what he was doing out free, followed him into the parking lot, and proceeded to break every rule in the book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424August 29, 2023 12:05 PM

Why isn't CNN covering this? Corrupt cops?

by Anonymousreply 425August 29, 2023 1:13 PM

when your worst enemy has something you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426August 29, 2023 5:42 PM

Liars get cancer

by Anonymousreply 427August 29, 2023 5:56 PM

Has Steve *never* questioned his karma?

by Anonymousreply 428August 29, 2023 6:17 PM

Damn, I'll be getting soon another MAGA Republican.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429August 29, 2023 6:20 PM

1) Casey DeSantis has a voice like nails on a chalkboard

2) her material is worse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430August 29, 2023 7:29 PM

Better link for ^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431August 29, 2023 7:31 PM

...so... are we being forced to endure this asshole because Slender Man has already bid the fix and all he has to do is be a good hatchet guy to pass the audition?

[quote] Not everyone has entered from a position of antagonism toward Trump. Vivek Ramaswamy, [bold] a close friend of Jared Kushner [/bold], dined with Kushner and Trump at Bedminster in 2021.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432August 29, 2023 7:49 PM

[quote] With a nearly 1,000-page “Project 2025” handbook and an “army” of Americans, the idea is to have the civic infrastructure in place on Day One to commandeer, reshape and do away with what Republicans deride as the “deep state” bureaucracy, in part by firing as many as 50,000 federal workers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433August 29, 2023 9:06 PM

Fred Wellman:

"This report is absolutely insane. Texas National Guard was running their own rogue foreign intelligence operation on state duty. That’s before we talk about the entire operation is a Republican political stunt to make Biden look bad."

[quote] “Everyone [in charge] wanted to pretend it was like Iraq in 2003,” one service member said in an interview. “They wanted to do Army stuff, even though this is [legally] not Army stuff.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434August 30, 2023 12:21 AM

Ron DeSantis is governing Florida the way Viktor Orbán is governing Hungary: cronyism. If you support my platform, I'll make life easy for you: less taxes, less regulations, less fuss, everything's hunky-dory. If you don't, you'll get scorched Earth: more taxes, regulations, hassles, we'll put our nose in anything that's yours. Expect much litigation with judges friendly to the head of state.

The worrying thing is that once those authoritarians have the power, they don't give it back. Orbán got reelected despite an inflation rate of 20%. Bolsonaro only had to give it back because he didn't cheat enough and in pure authoritarian fashion never conceded that he lost. He's probably preparing for the next election. I really do believe that if Trump gets re-elected, it's game over for the Republic as it was.

by Anonymousreply 435August 30, 2023 7:00 AM

A federal judge ruled today that Rudy Giuliani is legally liable for defaming two Georgia election workers who became the subject of conspiracy theories related to the 2020 election that were amplified by Donald Trump in the final weeks of his presidency.

In an unsparing, 57-page ruling, U.S. District Court Judge Beryl Howell said Giuliani had flagrantly violated her orders to preserve and produce relevant evidence to the election workers, Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss, resulting in a “default” judgment against him. She also ordered him to pay Freeman and Moss “punitive” damages for failing to fulfill his obligations. A jury will determine the amount of those damages.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436August 30, 2023 4:23 PM

^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437August 30, 2023 4:28 PM

Fuck Rudy

by Anonymousreply 438August 30, 2023 4:57 PM

Good! I hope that jury awards them MILLIONS for The Ghoul’s hateful bullshit.

And I hope the court sends some former revenue agent to crawl all up in his business and find every last dime he’s trying to hide.

by Anonymousreply 439August 30, 2023 5:52 PM

Happy for them, but I wonder if they'll get any money at all since he's supposedly a broke bitch

by Anonymousreply 440August 30, 2023 6:00 PM

R440 I would safely bet that Rudy has insurance against judgements like this as any good litigator would have. Now maybe he stopped paying his premiums, but If the Jury is reasonable then he will have to pony up. But that fucker just walked away. The judge asked him to preserve and produce evidence and he refused. He walked away which is like a big "Fuck you!" to the judge. So she nailed him. Trump and his cohorts have absolutely no respect for the law and none whatsoever for our courts. It is going to bite them all in the ass. When they get convicted and sentenced, and Lord, please give them some jail time, even if it's only 90 days in a real prison cell, they will find out who's in charge and it isn't them. Masters of the Universe. Hah!

by Anonymousreply 441August 30, 2023 6:33 PM

Dang McConnell! Again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442August 30, 2023 7:38 PM

Horse Dna

by Anonymousreply 443August 30, 2023 8:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444August 30, 2023 10:47 PM

My experience with officers and directors insurance is that you have to be acting in good faith to be covered. Wouldn’t a litigator’s insurance work the same way R441?

by Anonymousreply 445August 31, 2023 12:25 AM

r445 - Hi, ElderLez, it's been interesting around here recently, hasn't it?

by Anonymousreply 446August 31, 2023 12:38 AM

Indeed it has Doris!

by Anonymousreply 447August 31, 2023 12:43 AM

Am I being too optimistic?

[quote] Brandon Presley (D) 46% [quote] Tate Reeves (R-inc) 46%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448August 31, 2023 3:33 AM

I'm not sure how it works but I assume lawyers have insurance just like doctors have insurance against malpractice.

by Anonymousreply 449August 31, 2023 4:08 AM

The shit Ghouliani is hiding is much worse than the $$$ he will have to cough up.

by Anonymousreply 450August 31, 2023 4:45 AM

Twisting and thrashing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451August 31, 2023 5:18 AM

Laptopgate:

"Rudy Giuliani provided the materials to the New York Post after they were allegedly found on a water-damaged MacBook Pro left at a Delaware computer repair shop owned by John Paul Mac Isaac. Mac Isaac obtained the laptop in April 2019, claiming it had been dropped off by a man who identified himself as Hunter Biden and requested that the data on the damaged laptop be recovered. Mac Isaac also said that he is legally blind and could not be sure if the person who supposedly left the laptop was actually Hunter Biden.

Mac Isaac eventually brought the laptop to the attention of the FBI, who seized it in December 2019, under the authority of a subpoena issued by a Wilmington grand jury that had been investigating Hunter Biden for financial matters since 2018. He asserted three years later that while he was copying individual files and folders from the laptop's hard drive to another device, he "saw some content that was disturbing and then also raised some red flags", including "criminality ... related to foreign business dealings, to potential money laundering and, more importantly, national security issues and concerns". This caused him "to do a deep dive into the laptop once it became my property". Mac Isaac contacted Giuliani, who he said was his "lifeguard"—voicing credence to the conspiracy theory that the Hillary Clinton 2016 presidential campaign was behind the murder of campaign worker Seth Rich. Steve Bannon informed the New York Post of the laptop, and he and Giuliani delivered a copy of the supposed laptop hard drive to the publication. Weeks before, Bannon had boasted on Dutch television that he had Hunter Biden's hard drive."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452August 31, 2023 5:38 AM

Certainly no red flags regarding chain of custody in THAT story......

by Anonymousreply 453August 31, 2023 7:49 AM

Those pathetic betas WISH they had Hunter’s HARD drive!

by Anonymousreply 454August 31, 2023 8:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455August 31, 2023 9:08 AM

Lawyer’s insurance no duty to cover intentional misconduct ruling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456August 31, 2023 11:35 AM

Thanks R456. I wasn't sure.

by Anonymousreply 457August 31, 2023 12:55 PM

Trump couldn't have committed business fraud, he was too busy saving the world.

In a sworn deposition from this past April, former President Donald Trump told New York officials that he was too busy “saving millions of lives” as president to run his company, let alone commit business fraud.

"I was very busy. I was — I considered this the most important job in the world, saving millions of lives. I think you would have nuclear holocaust if I didn’t deal with North Korea. I think you would have a nuclear war, if I weren’t elected. And I think you might have a nuclear war now if you want to know the truth."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458August 31, 2023 12:58 PM

DJT is a blooming idiot and liar. He is though, a clever con artist.

The media keeps covering every piece of shit he says. That’s a huge part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 459August 31, 2023 1:39 PM

Saving lives? He was arguably taking lives by pushing anti-mask shit and calling Covid a "Democrat hoax"

by Anonymousreply 460August 31, 2023 2:59 PM

R460, he didn't care because he was told that POC and the elderly were the ones who were most vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 461August 31, 2023 3:07 PM

Sugar Daddy Harlan Crow’s extensive and extravagant gifting of Clarence Thomas has to include “benefits” beyond Supreme Court votes.

This corruption is vulgarity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462August 31, 2023 4:45 PM

(Not so) Proud Boy gets 17 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463August 31, 2023 4:50 PM

Fuck that treasonous piece of bloviating cat shit!

You did the crime, strutting about and crowing like your shit didn’t stink.

Then you got caught, ran your lie hole even more and now you’re going to FEDERAL PRISON for nearly two decades.

Womp, fucking Womp, you useless hateful racist pile of puke.

by Anonymousreply 464August 31, 2023 6:14 PM

Didn't we just hear that Rudy Colludy is selling his Manhattan apartment? (presumably to cover legal bills etc.)

by Anonymousreply 465August 31, 2023 7:50 PM

R463

Miss Lindzebelle with her smelling salts has taken to her fainting couch. She’s distraught of such a fine gentleman caller being sentenced to years of incarceration. She’s ordering me to bring her a fresh drinky-poo every half hour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466August 31, 2023 9:53 PM

Trump killed people with Covid, thanks to his superspreader rallies

Does that make him a serial killer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467September 1, 2023 3:36 AM

Trump aide told police officers to "hang themselves"

Blue Lives Matter!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468September 1, 2023 3:42 AM

Tom Nicols:

I wrote a whole book on why democracies become illiberal, but something about America after Trump's indictment really strikes me. Yes, MAGA world is about resentment and ignorance and displaced anger and all that. But it's also a time that seems to me incredibly...juvenile.

Trump hawking t-shirts with his mug shot is like some hair band selling posters of their guy getting busted for drugs or waggling his junk onstage or something. It's beyond unserious. It's child-like, the political version of Oppositional Defiance Disorder. And yet it'll sell.

In the book, I argue that peace and affluence have been a big part of America's slide: Life's good and people don't grasp that ghastly decisions can have disastrous effects - including on *them*. Because other adults make sure the nation functions even when the voters go nuts.

But maybe peace and affluence, in addition to making people bored out of their skulls, also prevents them developing into adults who make democracy possble. This is the world, as I wrote in the book, in which Huxley wins, not Orwell. (I am stealing Neil Postman's point here.)

I suppose you could call all this *decadence*, but it's not even gloriously decadent in that grandiose, Weimar, "Cabaret" kind of decadence. It's just people putting on costumes and hats and being violent and then crying in front of judges when it all goes horribly wrong.

Childishness doesn't make voters less dangerous to democracy. But even if Trump is defeated (again), this is a serious level of social dysfunction. You can't sustain a superpower when nearly half of its citizens are mired in eternal petulant childhood.

And millions of our oldest citizens, people my age - Trump's most reliable voting bloc - who should be our wisest among us, are the ones most like angry, irrational toddlers (much like Trump himself). This is incomprehensible to me, especially as I get older.

In another weird role-switch, these right-wingers are now like the dilettantish countercultural activists of the 60s: well-off would-be revolutionaries who really have no idea what they're doing and merely want to act on ill-defined, self-actualizing, self-centered emotion.

Adults, however, know that there were people who came before us, and people who will come after us, and that "the moment" is not supreme. We have a civic inheritance, a trust, to hold and to protect, and then to pass on. This used to be central to the American idea. No longer.

All we can do is hope that the generations coming up can learn to embrace civic adulthood. I'm (mildly) optimistic - if we get past these next few elections. But how weird that so many adults now worship - and emulate - a choleric 77 year old toddler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469September 1, 2023 11:08 AM

[quote] “It’s a troubling announcement and it flies in the face of the POST Act,” said Daniel Schwarz, a privacy and technology strategist at the New York Civil Liberties Union, referring to a 2020 city law that requires the NYPD to disclose its surveillance tactics. “Deploying drones in this way is a sci-fi inspired scenario.”

[quote] The move was announced during a security briefing focused on J’ouvert, an annual Caribbean festival marking the end of slavery that brings thousands of revelers and a heavy police presence to the streets of Brooklyn. Daughtry said the drones would respond to “non-priority and priority calls” beyond the parade route.

[...]

[quote] Mayor Eric Adams, a former police captain, has said he wants to see police further embrace the “endless” potential of drones, citing Israel’s use of the technology as a blueprint after visiting the country last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470September 1, 2023 12:27 PM

MAGAts have listened to Fox and Newsmax propaganda for a couple+ years now, that the 2020 election was saturated with voter fraud, and have often and consistently implied, or claimed, Trump likely may have been the real winner. Their “talking heads” and selected fascist-oriented guests have made outrageous claims on TV that weren’t challenged by the networks.

The point is MAGAts hear these faulty claims from their chosen media sources, and embrace it as truth or facts.

Billionaire media tycoons such as the Australians Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch, have major responsibility for the extreme political discord that is happening. GQP politicians (most of them), particularly House and Senate members, know the real truth, yet fear disagreeing with Trump and face disapproval from MAGAt constituents/voters.

by Anonymousreply 471September 1, 2023 3:03 PM

What Nichols fails to point out is the majority of these petulant , acting out children are STRAIGHT WHITE MEN.

These assholes have been coddled their entire lives by their parents, schools, jobs and society in general. Now they feel “threatened” because they are being “left behind”.

Nah, bro. You’re being passed up because you REFUSE TO BEHAVE LIKE AN ADULT! You refuse to get an education of any kind, refuse to support yourself, immerse yourself in idiotic conspiracy theories and superhero movies.

Everyone else HAD to grow up! They were EXPECTED to grow up, stay in school, work two or three shitty jobs until you have enough experience to move on to something better.

Fuck these coddled, entitled, spoilt brats! And their orange god.

by Anonymousreply 472September 1, 2023 6:28 PM

Honestly, what I find a little funny and very much aggravating is the fact some of these same screeching, Trump-loving man-babies I see locally are the same smug assholes who used to bully me back in school, telling me I needed to grow up. I watched cartoons and Muppets and wouldn't drink, smoke, or listen to heavy metal as they did. Mother fuckers, because of my family and the way I had to grow up, I was more mature at eight years old, than they are in their 40s, 50s, 60s. I look at them, and I feel old enough to be their great-grandfather. At least I'm smart enough to not be taken down by a fucking mobster con-man.

by Anonymousreply 473September 1, 2023 6:41 PM

FBI agent says his investigation into Giuliani's ties to Russia was thwarted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474September 1, 2023 7:33 PM

Russia has a lot of “assets” within the GQP from Trump, his sycophantic operatives, and reaching into a big bunch of House members and several Senators. The NRA is infiltrated by Russian interests.

Twitter is loaded with pro-Russian and anti-Ukrainian posters, domestic and foreign. Elon Musk gave them a very accepting forum.

by Anonymousreply 475September 1, 2023 8:16 PM

Poor widdle Eric...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476September 1, 2023 9:13 PM

It is no surprise Trump is willing to throw his own offspring under the bus. He cares about himself; that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 477September 1, 2023 9:58 PM

Is divorce on the horizon? Some relationship experts think so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478September 1, 2023 10:05 PM

I don't know Eric Trump. He was just the coffee boy.

by Anonymousreply 479September 1, 2023 11:25 PM

That Putana will not leave until she is relieved of her duties and re assigned.

by Anonymousreply 480September 1, 2023 11:56 PM

Idk who said that Eric is actually Gary Busey’s son, but now I can’t unsee that.

by Anonymousreply 481September 2, 2023 2:29 AM

Don't forget Giuliani's son. Busey really got around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482September 2, 2023 4:45 AM

Andrew Giuliani worked for Trump. I guess Trump feels like he doesn't owe Rudy anything since he gave sonny a job.

by Anonymousreply 483September 2, 2023 1:52 PM

Melania better make sure she gets paid and puts the money in some Swiss account where no one can get it. I find it very interesting that Trump recently transferred some of his property into the names of his sons and not his wife. I suspect Jared and Ivanka are footing the bill for a lot of shit lately. Jared knows Trump turns on everyone. His insurance policy against Trump turning on him, is to make sure Trump gets some money. Not a lot, but after all, Trump put him in a position to make all that money.

by Anonymousreply 484September 2, 2023 1:57 PM

R484, I believe that the story that Dump transferred some of his property to his sons is erroneous. It’s totally out of character her for him, too. He’s the type of person who wouldn’t give shit to anyone, ever.

by Anonymousreply 485September 2, 2023 3:32 PM

Jared Kushner is going to wind up dead after losing all of the Saudi MBS's money, They're going to Jamal Khashoggi him and nobody will care. MBS didn't just give him $2B - he gave him $2B to INVEST, against the advice of his financial/investment advisors.

Jared Kushner is notorious for LOSING money, not MAKING money.

That deal is really "fuck around and find out" time.

by Anonymousreply 486September 2, 2023 3:44 PM

Where are Tiffany’s and Barron’s set-aside chunks of $$$$?

Tiffany actually married a guy from a wealthy foreign family.

by Anonymousreply 487September 2, 2023 3:45 PM

Marsha Blackburn is in a rage, falsely claiming Biden plans to take away her washing machine and water heater.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488September 3, 2023 9:57 AM

Is there any chance the people of Tennessee will get rid of her?

by Anonymousreply 489September 3, 2023 5:58 PM

R489 Rep. Gloria Johnson of Knoxville, one of the “Tennessee Three”, is planning to run against Blackburn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490September 3, 2023 6:16 PM

Ashli Babbitt's mother is making death threats against Nancy Pelosi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491September 3, 2023 7:39 PM

Babbitt’s mother (parents) had much to do with how Babbitt later became vulnerable to the MAGA cult and decided to be aggressive the during violent mob activity. Babbitt chose to bust a Capitol window and crawl through it while be warned multiple times she would be shot if she didn’t stop. Her decision-making proved fatal.

Babbitt had military (Air Force) training. She was very foolish in ignoring the risks.

by Anonymousreply 492September 3, 2023 8:13 PM

Death threats are pretty much the go-to for the contemporary republican party r491.

by Anonymousreply 493September 3, 2023 8:13 PM

Now that the indictments have happened, I’d love to hear commentary from Mary Trump. Specifically, what she thinks is going through her sleaze-ball uncle’s head.

by Anonymousreply 494September 3, 2023 9:58 PM

Four felony cases & a stream of dangerous posts; Donald Trump should be detained pending trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495September 4, 2023 2:26 AM

To grant Trump his concept of a fair trial for the documents case, have Aileen move the trial to inside Mar-a-Lago. The jury will be picked among the active club members.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496September 4, 2023 12:42 PM

Biden Won Republican Debate With Three Simple Words

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497September 4, 2023 6:12 PM

This is a brilliant take 🤓

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498September 4, 2023 10:00 PM

A lifelong liar and bully.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499September 5, 2023 1:07 PM

A lifelong liar and bully.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500September 5, 2023 1:08 PM

DJT is a con man who lies with a straight face without blinking. He cares only about himself, and values only money and associated power. He has no parameters, including engaging in criminal behavior, when it comes to greed and his ego. His nasty insults and false claims are enthusiastically embraced by his MAGA followers.

This country is in trouble by continued enabling of this highly flawed character.

by Anonymousreply 501September 5, 2023 3:30 PM

He’s a fucking worthless, scumbag and a thug.

Piece of shit.

I bet out of all the cases against him right now, he’s most afraid of the NY case.

by Anonymousreply 502September 5, 2023 5:34 PM

R500, that article is juicy!

The "John Barron" phone calls!

Outing Malcolm Forbes!

by Anonymousreply 503September 5, 2023 8:00 PM

Asshole ex-chicken boy sentenced to 22 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504September 5, 2023 9:56 PM

Nicole Wallace on MSNBC reports that Tarrio told the court, “my candidate lost” “this is a national embarrassment”. So not only is his freedom fucked for the next 22 years, he just pissed Trump off forever, with that “my candidate lost” comment”. Everything Trump touches, dies. I’d like to know when he realized his “candidate lost”, and would he still say that if his coup succeeded? Fuck off, and bend over Enrique.

by Anonymousreply 505September 5, 2023 10:33 PM

My Joe Biggs is locked-up for a long time. It is such an injustice. I better have conjugal visits until my President Trump frees him.

by Anonymousreply 506September 5, 2023 11:13 PM

A pollster who works for the Wall Street Journal was on Trump's payroll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507September 5, 2023 11:39 PM

R507, that’s important because the WSJ has put its name on “polls” conducted by this Trump toady without revealing that the polls are just Trump propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 508September 5, 2023 11:44 PM

ITA with R507, and R508. Now maybe people will stop buying into the alarmist fake shitstirring the media keeps hyping.

by Anonymousreply 509September 6, 2023 12:40 AM

More & more defendants are pointing the finger at Trump, & the flipping WILL begin accelerating

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510September 6, 2023 2:01 AM

R510, if Dump had any self awareness at all, he’d be terrified by this. He is at the tippy top. No one to flip once they get to him.

by Anonymousreply 511September 6, 2023 2:48 AM

Enrique Tarrio is going to find out the hard way what white supremacists really think of him.

by Anonymousreply 512September 6, 2023 2:43 PM

Right now, I hope Roger Stone is pissing on himself worrying about Jack Smith coming for him. He was "this close" to the Proud Boys leadership and deeply involved in the planning for the insurrection. In fact he was involved with the entire strategy that started with claiming the election was rigged and denying Trump lost, and the gradually levels of escalating the overthrow. If they indicted Rudy, Eastman, Clark and Chesebro, they can't ignore Roger Stone.

by Anonymousreply 513September 6, 2023 3:08 PM

...or Michael Flynn. How could I overlook Michael Flynn!

by Anonymousreply 514September 6, 2023 3:09 PM

I, for one, have never had a problem overlooking Michael Flynn.

by Anonymousreply 515September 6, 2023 3:11 PM

Doesn’t Roger Stone have a pardon already? Does that cover future indictment?

by Anonymousreply 516September 6, 2023 4:31 PM

No.

by Anonymousreply 517September 6, 2023 4:33 PM

No, Stone’s pardon was for something else. A conviction for his nonsense during the 2016 campaign, iirc.

Besides, dump can’t pardon co-conspirators. AND- had he given that Zika headed cretin a pardon, the Zika headed cyclops could have been forced to testify against fat Donnie regarding those crimes.

Dump didn’t give him a pardon because he thought it would keep Zika cyclops’ mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 518September 6, 2023 5:35 PM

Roger Stone is a mean ruthless little bastard. People talk about Rudy having receipts but it's Roger who has them, and he is a hard core thug. He will intimidate blackmail and extort in the blink of an eye. Some clueless young reporters and others look at Stone and they see a guy who "used to play dirty tricks" or they call him a Republican campaign "strategist." He 's a flashy dresser and more eccentric as he got older, but they look at him as a fixture, a "character." They don't see the evil that is there. They portray it as incongruous for him to be palling around with Proud Boys before the Insurrection, but they're exactly the kind of 3rd rate little criminals he loves to exploit and manipulate. He always tries to keep a buffer between him and actual perps, but this time, he didn't get out of town fast enough. I suspect in the recesses of his tangled mind Donald Trump has a bit of fear of Roger Stone. THe truth is Roger is like a character out of a Batman movie. More Joker than Penguin.

by Anonymousreply 519September 6, 2023 5:44 PM

More Lola Lasagne if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 520September 6, 2023 5:50 PM

[bold]Trump is liable in the second E. Jean Carroll defamation case, judge rules; January trial will determine damages[/bold]

A federal judge ruled that the jury hearing E. Jean Carroll’s defamation lawsuit will only need to decide how much money Donald Trump will have to pay her, after the judge found the former president was liable for making defamatory statements.

The finding is a significant blow to Trump, who is facing numerous criminal indictments and civil lawsuits – many of them coming to a head as he embarks on a presidential campaign.

Judge Lewis Kaplan said that a federal jury’s verdict earlier this year against Trump will carry over to the defamation case set to go to trial in January involving statements Trump made in 2019 about Carroll’s sexual assault allegations...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521September 6, 2023 7:04 PM

Poor Donald:

A key witness in the case accusing former U.S. President Donald Trump of mishandling classified documents after leaving office has entered into a deal with prosecutors to provide testimony, his former attorney said in a Wednesday court filing. The deal was reached after U.S. Special Counsel Jack Smith’s office threatened to prosecute the witness, who is the head of information technology at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Florida resort, for lying to a grand jury.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522September 6, 2023 7:19 PM

Poor Donald had to keep lying about E. Jean Carroll. He just couldn't shut his mouth

by Anonymousreply 523September 6, 2023 8:57 PM

A Rudy Giuliani advisor has mysteriously vanished.

Tonight on Unsolved Mysteries....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524September 7, 2023 12:37 AM

r524...

[quote]The emails that Politico obtained make it clear she was "an active figure in Giuliani’s effort who feared what would happen if they failed.

by Anonymousreply 525September 7, 2023 1:46 AM

Russian Window Cancer? Or witness protection?

by Anonymousreply 526September 7, 2023 6:10 AM

R526 Witness Protection sounds extreme, but it's possible.

by Anonymousreply 527September 7, 2023 12:48 PM

Colludy Rudy & Orange Calludacris are not unfamiliar with the mobs, including the Russian ones that go to Pootin up the chain. Any witnesses with critical, direct information and iare willing to convey all they know, need to beware.

by Anonymousreply 528September 7, 2023 3:10 PM

Fani Willis blasts Jim Jordan for interfering in the Georgia Trump case

Love her, she really rips into him!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529September 7, 2023 4:14 PM

[quote]“Your letter makes clear that you lack a basic understanding of the law, its practice and the ethical obligations of attorneys generally and prosecutors specifically,” she wrote.

[quote]A spokesperson for Jordan’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

by Anonymousreply 530September 7, 2023 5:09 PM

Locker Room Gym is the result of extreme gerrymandering. He ignored a subpoena to appear before the January 6 Committee in the House. His hands and mouth are not clean pertaining to the insurrection and perpetrating “the big lie”. He’s disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 531September 7, 2023 5:45 PM

Meth mouth Gym lacks understanding of pretty much everything.

by Anonymousreply 532September 7, 2023 5:46 PM

R531 perpetuating

by Anonymousreply 533September 7, 2023 5:48 PM

CNN is having orgasm after orgasm reporting troubling poll numbers for Joe Biden. CNN wants that horse race now.

by Anonymousreply 534September 7, 2023 6:01 PM

Exactly, r534.

by Anonymousreply 535September 7, 2023 6:04 PM

The arrogant, cavalier, strident, and defiant, Trump White House staffer and angry acting grandpa, Peter Navarro, found guilty on both counts of contempt of Congress, specifically, for turning his nose up on a congressional subpoena. Sentencing to follow.

Excellent news, and another feel good story.

by Anonymousreply 536September 7, 2023 8:42 PM

Can a member of Congress be convicted of Contempt of Congress for ignoring a subpoena? Because as I recall Gym ignored his. But also other members and staffers did as well. Mark Meadows comes to mind. God I so much want these fuckers to face CONSEQUENCES.

by Anonymousreply 537September 7, 2023 9:17 PM

If there's a wildfire, an earthquake, a plane crash or a flood, some bad hurricane shit etc. Watch CNN. Otherwise, the news "shows" are about as fucked up as it gets. I have enjoyed life so much more since I simply stopped watching. I don't even watch MSNBC anymore. Unless one of you tells me something wonderful happened Then I will catch a video clip on You Tube. But as charming as she is, I find Nicole tedious, and Chris Hayes gets so agita' he seems to spit at the screen. Even Lawrence gets on my nerves. I confess to missing Andrew Weissman, and my favorite daddy, Andrew McCabe. Krishner, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 538September 7, 2023 9:20 PM

Oh well, r538, you do you.

by Anonymousreply 539September 7, 2023 9:26 PM

McCabe is on Mueller, she wrote a lot. Or that other show AG does.

by Anonymousreply 540September 7, 2023 10:16 PM

More on Peter Navarro sentencing:

NBC News: “Each count carries a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of one year in prison, in addition to a maximum fine of $100,0000. District Judge Amit Mehta scheduled sentencing for Jan. 12.”

Da Fuck already! Sentencing for January 12th? January 12th?? What the fuck are you waiting for Judge Mehta? Why the delay? This case is cut and dry. The jury returned a verdict in less than four hours. Sentence this prick already, and give him the max.

by Anonymousreply 541September 8, 2023 2:23 AM

Fani Willis Prepares To Go Scorched Earth Against Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542September 8, 2023 4:47 PM

Just a little white lie:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543September 8, 2023 5:06 PM

I wonder how much he is REALLY worth

by Anonymousreply 544September 8, 2023 5:10 PM

[quote]I wonder how much he is REALLY worth

How much change does he have in his pocket?

by Anonymousreply 545September 8, 2023 5:17 PM

Miss Lindsey was “totally surprised” the Georgia grand jury recommended she be indicted. Fani Willis, though, decided not to prosecute her.

Some gentleman caller will be getting some good lovin’ tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546September 8, 2023 5:19 PM

Can they still be indicted though?

by Anonymousreply 547September 8, 2023 5:37 PM

Woo-hoo - Meadows can't move his trial to federal. 49 page decision.

by Anonymousreply 548September 8, 2023 9:59 PM

R548, wow, the court was just lying in wait for him. Take that, you craven stooge!

by Anonymousreply 549September 8, 2023 10:02 PM

Enjoyed hearing about Fani Willis basically telling Jim Jordan he’s ignorant of the law, wrongly meddling in a state court’s judicial business, and overall being an ass.

by Anonymousreply 550September 8, 2023 10:18 PM

I'm glad someone is pushing back at these weasels.

by Anonymousreply 551September 8, 2023 10:33 PM

Here's Judge Steve Jones decision on Mark Meadows’ request for anyone looking for "light" reading this weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552September 9, 2023 3:11 PM

[quote]Trump begged me to come to Bedminster this week, I said only if I could record a substack with him, but the GIGANTIC PUSSY is too afraid of me, so instead he did this.......

Ann Coulter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553September 9, 2023 5:38 PM

Lake vs Noem: hissss!

[quote]Former Arizona Republican gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake has appeared to take a swipe at South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem for comments she made about possibly becoming Donald Trump's vice president in 2024. Amid speculation that Trump, the frontrunner in the GOP 2024 presidential primary, was considering her to be his running mate, Noem was asked on Thursday during an interview appearance on Newsmax if she would consider such an offer. "Absolutely. I would in a heartbeat," Noem told the conservative news outlet, adding that the former president would need "a strong partner if he is going to take back the White House." Newsmax host Eric Bolling told Lake that she and Noem were likely amongst the front runners for potential vice presidential picks, saying that Trump would be "crazy" to not have them on his shortlist. Lake started off by saying she was glad Noem was endorsing Trump before highlighting how she had supported the former president "before he even jumped in" the 2024 race. While discussing her own name being thrown around in relation to being Trump's vice president, Lake insisted she has "not been thinking about that" before taking an apparent swipe at Noem. "Anyone who's talking about a position and dreaming about a position in Trump's second administration really needs to get off their high horse," Lake said, adding that the focus should be working "in the grassroots and start making sure Trump has a second administration." "That's what I'm doing," she said. "I'm not thinking about any other position except how can we save our republic." On Friday night, Noem endorsed Trump for president during a campaign rally that he held in Rapid City, South Dakota, in which she said he was "the only person in the race that I trust to do what needs to be done."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554September 9, 2023 5:58 PM

Alex Jones is the new Tokyo Rose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555September 9, 2023 11:11 PM

Hang him.

by Anonymousreply 556September 9, 2023 11:36 PM

Make treason a crime again!

by Anonymousreply 557September 10, 2023 1:17 AM

Appeals Court Steps In To Save MAGA Congressman From Prosecutors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558September 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Piers Morgan...really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559September 11, 2023 4:32 PM

Piers Morgan does have a few good moments from time to time. After all, in an interview, he did ask Caitlyn Jenner what she had under her skirt. Who didn’t want to know?

by Anonymousreply 560September 11, 2023 5:20 PM

Kari is so...brittle.

by Anonymousreply 561September 11, 2023 5:45 PM

Getting ready for the fall courtroom trials by posting thread 63. Please fill up this thread first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562September 11, 2023 7:12 PM

[bold]Trump aide Mark Meadows urges judge to pause order rejecting his bid to try Georgia election case in federal court[bold/]

Mark Meadows, Donald Trump’s former White House chief of staff, on Monday sought to pause an order rejecting his bid to move his Georgia criminal election interference case to federal court.

In an “emergency motion” filed Monday morning, Meadows asked a federal judge — who last week declined to move the case out of state court — to stay that order pending an appeal.

Meadows’ attorney said that “given the urgency of the matter,” he will ask the 11th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals to pause the order on Monday afternoon unless the federal court grants his request for a stay beforehand.

“While Mr. Meadows respectfully believes the Court erred, this Court need not agree to stay the Remand Order,” his attorney wrote in the filing in U.S. District Court in Atlanta.

Early Monday afternoon, U.S. District Judge Steve Jones replied to Meadows’ emergency request by ordering Georgia prosecutors to file a brief in response by Tuesday at 12 p.m. ET....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563September 11, 2023 7:19 PM

Sorry about the bold.

R563

by Anonymousreply 564September 11, 2023 7:21 PM

Little Miss Meadows seems quite scared of being tried in Georgia, doesn’t she?

by Anonymousreply 565September 11, 2023 7:51 PM

Poor baby...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566September 11, 2023 8:28 PM

Did anyone see the Mike Lindell "lumpy pillows" tapes? LOL

by Anonymousreply 567September 11, 2023 10:46 PM

Yep., r567. That attitude is gonna come back and bite him in his ample rotundabuns.

by Anonymousreply 568September 11, 2023 11:29 PM

MyLumpyPillows

by Anonymousreply 569September 11, 2023 11:52 PM

[bold]Trump seeks disqualification of US judge in federal election case[/bold]

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -Former U.S. President Donald Trump filed a motion on Monday seeking to disqualify U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan from presiding over one of the criminal cases charging him with trying to overturn his 2020 presidential election loss.

Trump, the front-runner for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, said last month he planned to seek Chutkan's recusal as well as a change of venue for the case.

Trump argued in a court filing that Chutkan’s prior statements appearing to refer to his role in influencing the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol by his supporters raise questions about her impartiality in the case.

The court filing cites a remark Chutkan made at a 2022 sentencing hearing for a Capitol riot defendant in which she suggested that the rioter was motivated by "blind loyalty to one person who, by the way, remains free to this day," after some defendants argued they thought they were doing what Trump wanted.

Trump’s lawyers argued that the comment indicated the judge’s belief that Trump “should be prosecuted and imprisoned.”

Trump has been charged by U.S. Special Counsel Jack Smith with four felony counts for allegedly plotting to subvert the results of the 2020 election. That is one of four criminal cases he faces as he runs for the Republican nomination in 2024. He has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

"Although Judge Chutkan may genuinely intend to give President Trump a fair trial — and may believe that she can do so — her public statements unavoidably taint these proceedings, regardless of outcome," Trump's lawyers wrote....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570September 12, 2023 11:04 AM

LOL! Putin has come out of the closet fully on Trump! He said our system is corrupt and rotten and that Trump is being persecuted by political enemies! How Ironic. Has anyone heard from Navalny lately?

by Anonymousreply 571September 12, 2023 2:28 PM

R570, Trump and his lawyers are accusing her of something they actually did. It's pretty embarrassing especially since they put it in writing for the whole world to see.

by Anonymousreply 572September 12, 2023 2:30 PM

What a despicable bunch of pieces of shit the Republican Party. Let’s hold the country hostage and demand an inquiry into a president when we don’t even have any evidence. I swear, all of them should burn in hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573September 12, 2023 3:59 PM

You know a lot of us saw what the game was even before the 2020 election. I was actively working on the 2018 midterms and there was a consensus among the campaign workers of various candidates that our democracy was in very grave danger and we had to run these bastards out of town. All of them. We couldn't afford to allow them to gain not one inch of ground. They regained the house by the slenderest of majorities, and look at the mess they have been able to create. Their goal is to stop our government from functioning and they are "this close" to making it happen. We need just five of them to step up and say no. Just five GOP House members to do the right thing.. Biden is really a poor choice to go after for corruption. They are very much out of touch with the people. But the point is they are going scorched earth, and Kamala HArris is the real target. If they gain any more seats in Congress, House or Senate, and she becomes POTUS, they will incinerate her. That is their plan. We have to stop them.

by Anonymousreply 574September 12, 2023 4:16 PM

Kevin McCarthy has no values except remaining Speaker of the House and the power and prestige that comes with it.

Very wealthy corporate interests are solidly behind McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 575September 12, 2023 11:17 PM

Watching Lawrence. Fani's being *very* smart.

by Anonymousreply 576September 13, 2023 2:16 AM

Yeah. Fani IS very smart. Brilliant. And she has the indefinable prerequisite:Audacity.

by Anonymousreply 577September 13, 2023 2:28 AM

[bold]Judge issues protective order on classified evidence in Trump documents case[/bold]

WASHINGTON, Sept 13 (Reuters) - U.S. District Court Judge Aileen Cannon has issued a protective order governing classified evidence in the case involving former U.S. President Donald Trump's handling of classified documents after he left office in 2021, according to a court filing on Wednesday.

The order requires Trump and his lawyers to review and discuss all classified evidence in a so-called sensitive compartmented information facility, or SCIF.

Trump had previously opposed that condition, saying he should be able to review the troves of secret documents at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578September 13, 2023 2:56 PM

Thanks for the post r578. As well it should be! There are very strict rules about where you can view classified documents and sitting on the toilet while you’re taking a massive dump isn’t one of them.

by Anonymousreply 579September 13, 2023 3:05 PM

He looks like melting Carrot Top in that photo in r578.

What a greasy, sleazy blob.

by Anonymousreply 580September 13, 2023 5:57 PM

There were only three paragraphs when I linked to the Reuters the article above. It's been updated since posting but nothing we don't already know.

~R578

by Anonymousreply 581September 13, 2023 6:10 PM

Hunter Biden fights back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582September 13, 2023 7:29 PM

[quote] The individual is reportedly Quinn Gallagher, co-owner of Hooch Craft Cocktail Bar in Aspen, Colorado

[...]

[quote] MeidasTouch reports that Hooch, which is located in Aspen, Colorado, regularly participates in the city’s annual Gay Ski Week festivities. You can see a purported flyer for the event...for this year’s “A Winter Wonderland Burlesque and Drag Show.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583September 13, 2023 9:15 PM

^^^

"Top shelf tracery"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584September 13, 2023 9:24 PM

Since Lauen's bf hosts drag brunches... does that make her a "groomer" by extension?

by Anonymousreply 585September 13, 2023 9:27 PM

Mitt Romney came to Mitch McConnell and told him that his life was in danger in the lead up to Jan. 6th....Mitch did nothing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586September 13, 2023 9:32 PM

[quote]Since Lauen's bf hosts drag brunches... does that make her a "groomer" by extension?

I suppose that would depend on how extended his extension was.

by Anonymousreply 587September 13, 2023 9:45 PM

Rudy Giuliani continues to defame Ruby and Shaye

Asshole

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588September 14, 2023 3:14 AM

The little shit that Hunter Biden is suing:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589September 14, 2023 3:41 AM

[quote] When a pregnant woman seated behind Boebert asked her to stop vaping during show, the politician simply replied “no,”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590September 14, 2023 12:04 PM

[quote] Cameron has been replacing his departed “merit” employees with special attorneys—young, ambitious political appointees with beefier salaries who will phase out with the next administration. These temporary hires will then take their accumulated knowledge and experience with them when they leave—in addition to the expertise lost to the exodus of career attorneys—in a cycle that the OAG sources said will more than likely leave Cameron’s new division already in the hole.

[quote] “It will take years for this office to recover,” one attorney said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591September 14, 2023 12:12 PM

^ The Republican running for Kentucky governor signed a pledge to criminalize birth control.

[quote] In a 2023 questionnaire from Northern Kentucky Right to Life, state AG Daniel Cameron—running for Gov.—agreed to codify personhood from fertilization, support legislation that prohibits state funding for abortion & criminalize anyone who provides abortion or pays for an abortion.

[quote] But here's the thing:

[quote] The organization—IN THE QUESTIONNAIRE—defines abortion to include “the so-called ‘morning after pill,’ Norplant, Depo Provera, or the so-called ‘standard birth control pill.’”

by Anonymousreply 592September 14, 2023 12:32 PM

[quote] Ron DeSantis flew to the Augusta National Golf Club on a private jet owned by real estate developer Mori Hosseini, who later received $92 million in government funds. It was one of six trips DeSantis never disclosed, in violation of state ethics laws.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593September 14, 2023 12:38 PM

^ No surprise there

by Anonymousreply 594September 14, 2023 1:45 PM

Just a reminder, thread #63 is up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595September 14, 2023 2:25 PM

That fool Cameron isn’t going to win in Kentucky. No matter what sort of idiotic bullshit he pledges or does.

He’s a corrupt mofo and Andy is too popular with the state.

by Anonymousreply 596September 14, 2023 5:19 PM

Fulton County officials are getting more threats from Trumpsters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597September 14, 2023 8:24 PM

Time for a snippet from Lady Lindzebelle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598September 14, 2023 10:46 PM

I'll miss Mitt. He was an attractive daddy who made mama's mussy moist!

by Anonymousreply 599September 14, 2023 10:55 PM

See you in the new thread, compatriots!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600September 14, 2023 11:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!