Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Liza is not well.......SERIOUSLY!!!!

There was a photo posted of Liza at dinner with three queens. I didn't think she looked so bad. Then I saw the video aftermath. OMG. It deserves its own thread. Liza is barely alive. And watch how Feinstein treats her fans. At one point, he says "I'm answering for her". One fan holds out an "Arthur" picture for her to sign and she is clearly overjoyed to see it and then the door slams.

This is very, very sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224August 19, 2023 2:18 AM

The gay mafia is REAL.

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2023 11:28 PM

oh, dear

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2023 11:28 PM

I know several 80+ year olds, and they all are ambulatory and able to take care of themselves.

But then they didn't spend their entire teen aged and adult years drinking and doing every conceivable legal or illegal drug known to man.

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2023 11:32 PM

Stop jinxing these celebs. It’s sick.

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2023 11:33 PM

Another "Liza is at Death's Door" thread, Mr. Levin ?

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2023 11:35 PM

What must it take to get her to and from the can?

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2023 11:35 PM

Will no one think of me?

I was molested!

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2023 11:36 PM

Well, she’s “done a lot of living.”

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2023 11:36 PM

She still keeps outliving everyone else in Hollywood

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2023 11:38 PM

Sad last days. Her caretakers looked worse than her, though.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2023 11:39 PM

They way they were manhandling her out of the wheelchair and into the car was alarming. Liza seemed confused, not because she's unaware, but more like she was concerned about falling or being dropped. Those guys do not know what they're doing when it comes to assisting a person with limited physical means. Feinstein is a scary old queen.

by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2023 11:41 PM

Feinstein is VERY territorial and protective of Daffy Minnelli. It’s like the Richard Simmons story. With a Z.

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2023 11:43 PM

R11, who else beside Feinstein is gonna care for her? Lorna?? That’s Baby Jane in real time, but uglier.

by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2023 11:47 PM

So Liza is going to leave everything to Feinstein, huh? Is that what this is all about? It's like Sunset Boulevard, except poor Liza doesn't even get serviced.

by Anonymousreply 14June 30, 2023 11:49 PM

The "car" is over there.

Cheap queens didn't even valet. And by car, they mean the wheelchair accessible van.

by Anonymousreply 15June 30, 2023 11:50 PM

That was rough.

by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2023 11:52 PM

SHERIOUSHLY

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2023 11:52 PM

Llza may look like shit, but at least she doesn't look like the mummified, botoxed and lipoed queens who were manhandling her.

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2023 11:53 PM

WTF! Stop trying to transfer her if you don't know what you are doing. I did better when my dad was in a wheelchair when I was 13 yo. Hire some professional handlers for her trips out. She was yelling for chrissakes either because you were hurting her or she was afraid of falling. Stupid fucking drunk queens!

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2023 11:55 PM

Hearing her shout "owwwww!" was just heartbreaking.

And she did want to sign the Arthur crap!

Feinstein is a monster!

by Anonymousreply 20July 1, 2023 12:01 AM

[quote] Those guys do not know what they're doing when it comes to assisting a person with limited physical means.

Gaga is desperately needed for this duty.

by Anonymousreply 21July 1, 2023 12:01 AM

Liza may not be a billionaire, but she definitely can afford a wheelchair accessible SUV or van. I wish someone would counsel her to get one. No shame in making your road travel more comfortable. In fact, it would make it easier for her to be out and about when she has the energy.

by Anonymousreply 22July 1, 2023 12:05 AM

This video should be turned over to the proper authorities who over see elder care and elder abuse in CA. The way they were handling her and 'speaking for her' while they were all drunk, is not in her best interest. Someone should investigate = pronto !

by Anonymousreply 23July 1, 2023 12:06 AM

[quote] it would make it easier for her to be out

Shtepping out!

by Anonymousreply 24July 1, 2023 12:08 AM

The one feller looked like he went to Chad Michaels' surgeon and had twice as much done to his face.

by Anonymousreply 25July 1, 2023 12:10 AM

A CAMRY. And a several years old one at that. Yeah, I know it's her assistant's car, but geez Louise. I didn't think Feinstein seemed like such a monster. He's protective but he was pretty gracious and good humored I thought.

by Anonymousreply 26July 1, 2023 12:14 AM

The back of Michael's head is not a good look. Wear a hat, darling.

by Anonymousreply 27July 1, 2023 12:17 AM

[quote]Llza may look like shit

I thought she looked great, r18. Her body is the way it is because of the dancing. See Agnes DeMille.

by Anonymousreply 28July 1, 2023 12:22 AM

Damn, Feinstein is looking ancient. Most of his hair has fallen out and looks like chemo hair.

by Anonymousreply 29July 1, 2023 12:23 AM

How it was done the good old days... she deserves a Bitterman, not bitter men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 1, 2023 12:24 AM

Liza spend her life singing, dancing and knocking herself out on stage. It takes a toll on one's body.

Liza is a living legend.

by Anonymousreply 31July 1, 2023 12:25 AM

She's never looked more like Judy.

by Anonymousreply 32July 1, 2023 12:26 AM

Sad to watch.

Liza is and has always been on her own planet, but I have never thought of her as a grand diva. Look how she lights up when the fan shows her the picture from Arthur. I imagine she'd as happily gab with any taxi driver or deli cashier as she would a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 33July 1, 2023 12:28 AM

Aww poor thing

by Anonymousreply 34July 1, 2023 12:28 AM

This was reportedly her first public appearance in nearly 300 days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 1, 2023 12:32 AM

Her nights out are just more low key now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 1, 2023 12:32 AM

The wheelchair has been around for 15-20 years, OP.

by Anonymousreply 37July 1, 2023 12:33 AM

I was hoping she'd snap at Feinstein when he took that picture away from her the man wanted her to autograph. I wanted her to look up at him and say "FUCK OFF FAGGOT, THIS IS FOR A FAN, SOMETHING YOU KNOW LITTLE ABOUT, SO I'M SIGNING BITCH!!".

by Anonymousreply 38July 1, 2023 12:35 AM

Lisa is recalling her mother when Judy married Mickey Deans.

by Anonymousreply 39July 1, 2023 12:35 AM

...Liza.

by Anonymousreply 40July 1, 2023 12:36 AM

[quote] She still keeps outliving everyone else in Hollywood

She's only 77. She's not even met the average life expectancy for American women yet.

by Anonymousreply 41July 1, 2023 12:37 AM

Transchfer!

by Anonymousreply 42July 1, 2023 12:38 AM

[quote]See Agnes DeMille.

And how many pounds of blow and gallons of booze did DeMille consume R28?

by Anonymousreply 43July 1, 2023 12:39 AM

Michael knows how to work a wheelchair. Mitzi is in one too.

by Anonymousreply 44July 1, 2023 12:39 AM

There's nothing average about her.

by Anonymousreply 45July 1, 2023 12:40 AM

I'm quite sure the years of drugging have taken the biggest toll on Liza's health.

by Anonymousreply 46July 1, 2023 12:40 AM

See Agnes De Mille.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 1, 2023 12:41 AM

That MSN article (aside from often spelling her name "Minelli") says she lives in a modest house. I thought she lived at the Sierra Towers, which is hardly modest. And she also had that huge auction but the article says she's broke. If she has several other Warhols, she's not broke.

by Anonymousreply 48July 1, 2023 12:44 AM

That was cringe

by Anonymousreply 49July 1, 2023 12:51 AM

Shierra Towersh, R48.

by Anonymousreply 50July 1, 2023 12:51 AM

[quote]She's only 77. She's not even met the average life expectancy for American women yet.

That's 77 *LIZA* years, r41.

by Anonymousreply 51July 1, 2023 1:20 AM

That was scary. She is totally out of it. Makeup and hair work but not the rest of her. Frightening. Do these guys get paid by the photo op? Why the fuck else do this?

by Anonymousreply 52July 1, 2023 1:29 AM

It's not uncommon for ageing dancers to turn to the bottle, r43. Agnes was such a legendary choreographer that she still had to show up at times. Many years ago my mother worked for an alcoholic dancer who chose to spend her days bedridden and drinking and smoking.

see Agnes...and wheels

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 1, 2023 1:29 AM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 54July 1, 2023 1:32 AM

How does Feinstein connect with all these celebs at death's door? He did the same with Gershwin, didn't he? In fact, isn't that how he got his start--by "taking care" of George?

Seems like a gay black widow of sorts.

by Anonymousreply 55July 1, 2023 1:48 AM

Gershwin died in 1937 so no r55.

by Anonymousreply 56July 1, 2023 1:50 AM

He means Ira Gershwin. who died in 1983.

American singer, pianist and musical historian Michael Feinstein worked for Gershwin in the lyricist's latter years, helping him with his archive. Several lost musical treasures were unearthed during this period, and Feinstein performed some of the material. Feinstein's book The Gershwins and Me: A Personal History in Twelve Songs about working for Ira, and George and Ira's music, was published in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 57July 1, 2023 2:03 AM

What I learned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 1, 2023 2:07 AM

Hey, Lorna, how 'bout you move on and sort out your sister before you're berefted?

by Anonymousreply 59July 1, 2023 2:09 AM

She's faking it all. She's planning a blockbuster show in 2025 and the idea is to make her performance a big deal considering how "feeble" she is now. It's all fake, just like the booze, drugs and hip surgery.

by Anonymousreply 60July 1, 2023 2:09 AM

Looks like Parkinsons or some motor disease. She is undeniably frail.

by Anonymousreply 61July 1, 2023 2:18 AM

The Gershwins and Liza

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 1, 2023 2:19 AM

Finstein is an asshole to take that photo away from Liza when she wanted to sign it. Judy was always generous to her fans and Liza is the same. These queens are out of control taking over Liza’s life.

by Anonymousreply 63July 1, 2023 2:37 AM

[quote]I was molested.

Lorna wash moleshted, but Shid didn't do it!

by Anonymousreply 64July 1, 2023 2:48 AM

What exactly happened with Lorna and Liza? Her IG page has absolutely nothing about Liza until you go back about 2 years. And then, it's very old photos. Lots of pictures of "Mama" but no Liza. Lorna just got the Judy Garland Legacy Award and it was given to her by.......Michael Feinstein.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 1, 2023 2:55 AM

Liza and Lorna seem to feud on and off.

I saw Liza at the Hollywood Bowl and she said the audience is her only family. Her family is all with the angels. I was like um, Lorna? Joey?

Then they all appeared together at the Oscars a few years later or so.

by Anonymousreply 66July 1, 2023 3:19 AM

Sissy make a pissy

by Anonymousreply 67July 1, 2023 4:13 AM

Liza has dementia friends say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 1, 2023 11:48 AM

Liza seems to have no muscle strength in her legs and that is scary. She was a dancer.

by Anonymousreply 69July 1, 2023 11:58 AM

These attendants are amateurs. A gypsy waits for the 5-6-7-8 count-up to spring into action.

by Anonymousreply 70July 1, 2023 12:03 PM

She looks fine to me, she still got them jizz hands.

by Anonymousreply 71July 1, 2023 12:11 PM

Liza looks infirm but she is a pro who can fake it. You can't see anything is wrong in the image of Liza smiling.

It's cool Liza is still going out to her favorite restaurants with friends although she is not feeling well and it's cool she permits herself to be photographed using a wheelchair.

I am getting the impression that her friends are literally pushing Liza around and relishing the reflected attention they get from being seen with their famous friend. I hope they are not pushing her too far.

by Anonymousreply 72July 1, 2023 12:45 PM

OP, wow, I too thought she looked ok. Now, I am in concurrence she is definitely very ill. Sad. 🙏

This can’t be… damn, I am getting old.

by Anonymousreply 73July 1, 2023 12:52 PM

Poor Liza As soon as she’s sitting in the car some queen 👸 in glasses 👓 has to get her autograph ✍️

by Anonymousreply 74July 1, 2023 1:02 PM

Good god. Everything about that video is scary- everything.

Makes you want to walk out into the woods and blow your head off.

by Anonymousreply 75July 1, 2023 1:44 PM

My mother was dying like Liza is always dying…these people live forever

by Anonymousreply 76July 1, 2023 1:45 PM

So creepy the way that tall mummified-looking one (an oncologist, the other thread says) keeps hold of her hand even when it's not necessary. His manual handling skills are quite poor though it may be difficult given that Liza didn't seem to know left from right.

I hate people like Feinstein who smile when they are trying to be aggressive/assertive. Don't try to pretend you're nice.

by Anonymousreply 77July 1, 2023 1:50 PM

R77- Those MUMMIFIED queens look like they use the same plastic surgeon as Calvin Klein.

by Anonymousreply 78July 1, 2023 1:54 PM

Perhaps Feinstein refused the autograph because her motor skills won't allow her to hold the pen, and he didn't want anyone to witness that disability. I'm no fan of his, but he might have been protecting her.

by Anonymousreply 79July 1, 2023 2:07 PM

Good point, R79. They did say that photos were okay but not autographs which would fit in with what you suggest.

by Anonymousreply 80July 1, 2023 2:18 PM

That commercial featured a cameo by her third husband Mark Gero. Is he still around? There is literally nothing on the internet about his whereabouts today. Her "friends" said he was a climber and a nobody but she stayed married to him longer than any others, hardly a feat. If he's still around, has he tried to see her? And the point is good, where are all her former friends? Her former assistant? I remember the commentary to Liza with a Z. She's singing God Bless the Child and when she gets to the verse "Money you've got lots of friends all hanging round your door/But when it's gone and all the spending ends, they don't come round anymore", then Liza remarks, "Aint that the Truth". I've been thinking about that after hearing of her condition.

by Anonymousreply 81July 1, 2023 2:43 PM

Apple meet tree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 1, 2023 2:59 PM

I just deleted every Michael Feinstein recording from every one of my playlists.

by Anonymousreply 83July 1, 2023 3:08 PM

You have to wonder if Feinstein was present at Sondheim's final dinner.

In all fairness, the concept that Liza is no longer able to sign is fair and valid. But the overall feeling in the video and the total lack of care when transporting, just makes you give him the side eye.

by Anonymousreply 84July 1, 2023 3:17 PM

He rolled the wheelchair around too fast when coming up to the car, it seemed to give Liza a touch of the dizzies.

by Anonymousreply 85July 1, 2023 3:24 PM

I have a Feinstein/Gershwin concert in my Carnegie Hall subscription next season, and I'm thinking I might swap it out for something else.

MARY!, I know, but still...

by Anonymousreply 86July 1, 2023 3:30 PM

Her friend doesn't need to do all that. A person who is trained to care for people who are wheelchair bound can be hired to insure Liza is moved from wheelchair and out with minimal discomfort.

I followed a person on social media who is half Lizas age who also uses a wheelchair because they are ill with multiple sclerosis, they use a van modified for wheelchair access to run errands and visit friends

by Anonymousreply 87July 1, 2023 3:34 PM

R87, but what happens when they get home and they have to get her out of the wheelchair. If the "friends" were so careless in public, what must they be like in private.

But yes, I agree, she should be in a motorized wheelchair in a wheelchair accessible SUV and be able to get out and about while she's still alive. And if the public knows things like she's not physically able to sign anymore, that makes things better for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 88July 1, 2023 3:39 PM

If you were a real friend, why on EARTH would you take someone out to dinner in that state and not just visit them?

That video to me was the worst of EVERYTHING-

And those men are hideous.

Creepers.

by Anonymousreply 89July 1, 2023 3:41 PM

It's possible, more than likely, that Liza likes to go out and be fussed over. What good is sitting alone in your room?

by Anonymousreply 90July 1, 2023 3:48 PM

I think that it is cool Liza is still out and about although she'd not 100 percent healthy.

by Anonymousreply 91July 1, 2023 3:50 PM

She is not 100 percent

by Anonymousreply 92July 1, 2023 3:51 PM

All those fussy gay men around her. I can't be around guys like that. They annoy the crap out of me with their collections, decorating, labels, divas, gay vacations, hangers on. I'm so glad my partner doesn't even know that world exists. So I don't have to be around that type anymore.

by Anonymousreply 93July 1, 2023 3:54 PM

Her gay male friends do make sure Liza is looking her best, dressed and groomed well. Give them credit for that.

by Anonymousreply 94July 1, 2023 3:54 PM

I feel like they should have ordered in at her place. She's in no shape to be running around West Hollywood at night. Good Lord. They just want to be seen squiring her around so they feel important. Let the old broad be. Order some chinese food delivery and don't make her dress up. She didn't even know where she was. Dopey gays.

by Anonymousreply 95July 1, 2023 3:57 PM

[quote]Liza is not well.......SERIOUSLY!!!! Good god. Everything about that video is scary- everything. Makes you want to walk out into the woods and blow your head off.

by Anonymousreply 96July 1, 2023 4:19 PM

I guess she won’t be going like Elsie after all.

by Anonymousreply 97July 1, 2023 4:22 PM

[quote] Liza has dementia friends say

Why does she have dementia friends as her spokespeople, and what are they saying?

by Anonymousreply 98July 1, 2023 4:26 PM

How is this thread different from the other thread?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 1, 2023 4:27 PM

That all looks stressful and precarious.

They’re doing their best I suppose, but it’s always so awkward socializing (and navigating forms of transport) in the presence of a famous person. Those accompanying the celebrity can get bossy and overprotective . I don’t think that’s happening in this clip, but that “transfer”from chair to car seat probably should have been navigated by a trained companion.

It is interesting to observe how peoples’ behavior changes around famous people. Most celebrities know how to manage that graciously, but their handlers and friends can be rough and curt, sometimes unnecessarily.

I think hip and knee replacements wear out over time, and when you have other long term health issues, it can turn into a form of serious immobility.

by Anonymousreply 100July 1, 2023 4:28 PM

If she wants to get out of the house every once in a while, they all have enough money to get a private room in a restaurant, drive up to the back door, and have a professional move Liza from vehicle to restaurant, comfortably and without embarassment.

Or enough money to hire a famous chef to come by and cook a dinner for her and her "friends."

If they did it for Liza they would have allowed her to chat and sign.

This entire exercise was for THEM, and their need to be SEEN with Liza. Nothing more than that.

Someone - anyone - that really cares for her needs to pay attention to what's being done with and to her.

by Anonymousreply 101July 1, 2023 4:30 PM

R99 because there's a video, not just a photo.

by Anonymousreply 102July 1, 2023 4:31 PM

All this, and no mention of the doggie bag?

If Feinstein is treating her like he did Ira, she doesn't have much longer to live. And then he'll get everything? Liza is basically his cash cow. I'm sure she paid the check. And why is she traveling and dining out with an oncologist?

by Anonymousreply 103July 1, 2023 4:41 PM

Feinstein's net worth alone, to say nothing of Liza's, is nothing to sneer at.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 1, 2023 5:12 PM

Earth to R93 = this thread is not about YOU

by Anonymousreply 105July 1, 2023 5:27 PM

R92 No shit, Sherlock

by Anonymousreply 106July 1, 2023 5:29 PM

"The 77-year-old singer also caused concern last month when she failed to appear for the opening night of the Broadway musical New York, New York – the play based on the movie and song that changed her life."

Yeah, the movie New York New York put the nail in the coffin that was her movie career.

by Anonymousreply 107July 1, 2023 5:31 PM

Well, I think they're referring to the song more than the movie, r107.

by Anonymousreply 108July 1, 2023 5:46 PM

The song became Frank Sinatra's, R108.

by Anonymousreply 109July 1, 2023 5:52 PM

Even though I think Janet Charlton's BI is mostly right, I totally don't believe the ending. However, the sight of Michael in Liza drag is something I'd like to get out of my head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110July 1, 2023 6:01 PM

[quote]The song became Frank Sinatra's,

Liza didn't give him sole ownership, r109.

by Anonymousreply 111July 1, 2023 6:05 PM

You all saw the video. No way could Liza have gone to New York, even to support John Kander and the memory of Fred Ebb.

by Anonymousreply 112July 1, 2023 6:07 PM

Liza prepared her home for her friend and elderly godmother, Kay Thompson when she went into decline.

by Anonymousreply 113July 1, 2023 6:16 PM

She's fine. She's opening for me at Shea Stadium in August.

by Anonymousreply 114July 1, 2023 6:24 PM

And Liza did not boss her godmother around or take advantage of her.

by Anonymousreply 115July 1, 2023 6:26 PM

Was Liza showing signs of dementia as early as 2010?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 1, 2023 6:34 PM

R116 That seemed like signs of alcohol and pills

by Anonymousreply 117July 1, 2023 6:35 PM

Liza is not broke, she still has her First Communion money!

Liza is rarely asked to pay for much, has worked for almost sixty years with her money handled by the guy/office Frank Sinatra set up for her, sold her NYC condo for 8 million, her Warhols for many millions more and just with her Social Security and showbiz union pensions likely takes in $200,000 a year. She's not broke!

by Anonymousreply 118July 1, 2023 7:30 PM

Alcohol and drugs are said to contribute to dementia…

by Anonymousreply 119July 1, 2023 7:48 PM

Yeah, but Gest took a lot of it and she even paid for her wedding, which she didn't know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120July 1, 2023 7:49 PM

This is so sad. No way could Liza travel to DC to get the Kennedy Center Honor, even if they would give her one.

by Anonymousreply 121July 1, 2023 8:01 PM

R111, the song is not Liza's to "give." She is neither the composer nor the publisher.

If you ask ANYONE, even those who have only a vague idea of the song, they'll site Frank Sinatra's version. 99.9% of the general public has no idea there was a movie named New York New York or that Liza Minnelli sang the "Sinatra song."

by Anonymousreply 122July 1, 2023 8:07 PM

[quote]And Liza did not boss her godmother around or take advantage of her.

No, she just ignored her.

I have nothing against Feinstein, but shouldn't Liza have a home health aide? A individual paid to take care of her in this state, get her into cars from wheelchairs, get her in the tub, get her on and off the toilet? Feinstein and he pals are not qualified to do that. The only reason I can imagine Liza doesn't have a aide is that they cost too much - approx $25/hr. It's very possible she is broke. And don't give me that Warhol bullshit, having a Warhol doesn't produce needed cash.

by Anonymousreply 123July 1, 2023 8:15 PM

And Feinstein's doing it all out of the goodness of his heart?

I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 124July 1, 2023 8:18 PM

[quote]If you ask ANYONE, even those who have only a vague idea of the song, they'll site Frank Sinatra's version. 99.9% of the general public has no idea there was a movie named New York New York or that Liza Minnelli sang the "Sinatra song."

Cite your studies/source, r122. Who exactly did you poll?

by Anonymousreply 125July 1, 2023 8:32 PM

If you sell a Warhol, that certainly does produce ready cash.

by Anonymousreply 126July 1, 2023 8:35 PM

The man who says “no wheelchair please” is an oncologist. Cancer?

by Anonymousreply 127July 1, 2023 8:37 PM

She's too lost in dementia to know that, R126

by Anonymousreply 128July 1, 2023 8:37 PM

The articles say she has 24 hour health care service, which I believe.

by Anonymousreply 129July 1, 2023 8:48 PM

And her friends wanted to take her out for a nice meal but for next time more accommodation for Lizas needs must be made

by Anonymousreply 130July 1, 2023 8:54 PM

Damn, I have seen Liza in concert at least a half a dozen times. She was the most dynamic and electrifying performer to ever grace the stage. There was and still isn't anyone better. Liza knew how to entertain.

by Anonymousreply 131July 1, 2023 8:58 PM

Slightly O/T - I've always hated Sinatra's version. Hated it. Ruined the song for me. John Kander and Fred Ebb probably made a shitload of money, but they never should have allowed him to sing their song.

But then, I'm one of only two people I know that loved the movie.

by Anonymousreply 132July 1, 2023 8:59 PM

I love the movie, too. The musical sequence towards the end is such a crazy delightful cinematic fever dream.

by Anonymousreply 133July 1, 2023 9:10 PM

Joan Collins, Liza, and Feinstein went out last year, after the Oscars. I wonder what Joan Collins thinks of Feinstein. He looked so much more natural, just one year ago.

There were two autograph-seekers outside the restaurant.

IMO, despite looking frail, she looked good: hair, makeup, outfit.

Yes, they did seem to be jostling her around too much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134July 1, 2023 9:19 PM

I saw it in 1977 and liked a lot of it except the way the De Niro character beat up on her. Last year it was on TCM and I couldn't get through fifteen minutes of it. NEEDS EDITING, lots of it.

by Anonymousreply 135July 1, 2023 9:19 PM

You can tell Scorsese was in his cocaine days when he made it.

by Anonymousreply 136July 1, 2023 9:21 PM

"Not tonight."

"No?"

She seems completely confused and completely controlled by Feinstein and his gay mafia.

Someone needs to get Adult Protective Services to check on her wellbeing.

by Anonymousreply 137July 1, 2023 9:24 PM

I always considered it a realistic Star is Born. Back in '77 I thought it would be a rediscovered classic eventually. Nope. I can't get through it any more. The realistic arc of their relationship just makes it boring. Liza and Bobby don't have any chemistry. Theodora's costumes are just a bit *too* costume-y. But Liza's numbers are great.

by Anonymousreply 138July 1, 2023 9:29 PM

Listening to the soundtrack >>> watching the film

by Anonymousreply 139July 1, 2023 9:39 PM

SNL called it Escape from New York, New York.

by Anonymousreply 140July 1, 2023 9:55 PM

Never heard of Michael Feinstein.

by Anonymousreply 141July 1, 2023 10:52 PM

Well then you are lost!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142July 1, 2023 10:54 PM

R141 = R129

by Anonymousreply 143July 1, 2023 10:56 PM

R141

[quote]Michael Jay Feinstein[1] (born September 7, 1956) is an American singer, pianist and music revivalist. He is an archivist and interpreter for the repertoire known as the Great American Songbook. In 1988 he won a Drama Desk Special Award for celebrating American musical theatre songs. Feinstein is also a multi-platinum-selling, five-time Grammy-nominated recording artist.[2] He currently serves as Artistic Director for The Center for the Performing Arts in Carmel, Indiana.[3]

Liked him a a lot, not so much for his voice, but his arrangements and the songs he pulled from the trunk.

But now [bold]He Is Dead To Me.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 144July 1, 2023 11:06 PM

This was only 9 months ago and it seems like the same restaurant. Liza signs autographs at the end and also receives a female singer who says she was her inspiration. Liza knows exactly what to say to her. How sad to see what's happened to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 1, 2023 11:39 PM

Feinstein and Lorna … now there’s a duo. They probably loathe each other but two bigger starf@ckers never lived.

by Anonymousreply 146July 1, 2023 11:42 PM

R145 - that was awkward with the drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 147July 1, 2023 11:46 PM

She is at the phase in life that she should dress a few times a week and see visitors. She can see people who might be passing through town, family, friends, ass kissers. She'd look great, be in her chair and receive her guests. The help will open the door, take their coats, make them drinks and set out nibbles. All Liza has to do is sit and enjoy her guest without awkward maneuvering in front of an army of paparazzi vultures. She can afford that approach and so can Feinstein. Good Lord, they were passing her back and forth on the street like some life sized doll.

by Anonymousreply 148July 2, 2023 12:22 AM

Although he might have gotten a lump sum, David Gest died in 2016 so he isn't receiving alimony from Liza!

by Anonymousreply 149July 2, 2023 2:21 AM

Well, Gest almost definitely stole a lot of her money and who knows how much he got in that lump sum.

by Anonymousreply 150July 2, 2023 3:19 AM

R99 are you feeling frustrated we did not believe your thread and are spending the majority of our time on this thread?

In your thread photo it showed Liza looking well, to me. I thought what’s the big deal she is sitting with three queens at a restaurant. This thread has actual proof that the queen (IMHO) in definitely very much not well.

So, we do appreciate your hindsight, but some of us need PROOF! Good job on calling her illness.

by Anonymousreply 151July 2, 2023 3:48 AM

The way her hair is all smushed down in the back. It's like she spends her day in bed, and the gays drag her out and parade her around for a few hours before taking her back home and putting her away again.

by Anonymousreply 152July 2, 2023 11:31 AM

R145 So Liza has just the one outfit now?

by Anonymousreply 153July 2, 2023 11:31 AM

What is Lorna doing to help her?

by Anonymousreply 154July 2, 2023 2:16 PM

I'm helping her just as much as she helped me when she was a huge star and I was screaming for roles in shit like Where the Boys Are '84.

by Anonymousreply 155July 2, 2023 2:28 PM

And Joey? Seriously. Is he really mentally impaired?

by Anonymousreply 156July 2, 2023 2:41 PM

R156 I think he really is, according to DL.

by Anonymousreply 157July 2, 2023 2:46 PM

Liza was smart not to have any children.

by Anonymousreply 158July 2, 2023 2:49 PM

[quote]The help will open the door, take their coats, make them drinks and set out nibbles.

Ain't no "help," dear.

by Anonymousreply 159July 2, 2023 2:55 PM

R93, in her book Lorna was very concerned about the crowd around JUDY toward the end of her life (before Mickey Deans) - drag queens, fussy clingy f*gs, controlling flamboyant gays.

by Anonymousreply 160July 2, 2023 2:58 PM

Lorna should be more concerned about her half-sister. She dragged her dead mother's corpse from NY to LA. Lorna is worse than Michael Feinstein imo.

by Anonymousreply 161July 2, 2023 3:46 PM

Michael Feinstein finally must have run out of juice from that last blood meal he had from Ira Gershwin.

by Anonymousreply 162July 2, 2023 4:50 PM

R46, Lorna said that Liza has Parkinson’s disease.

by Anonymousreply 163July 2, 2023 5:23 PM

R163 link?

by Anonymousreply 164July 2, 2023 5:36 PM

Lorna has cancer, and getting chemo on and off. Breast cancer metastasized to the brain. I don't blame her for not taking care of anyone else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165July 2, 2023 5:59 PM

Is Liza's health the reason she hasn't been recognized for a Kennedy Center Honor? If the committee knows she's physically unable to attend, would they not extend the award?

by Anonymousreply 166July 2, 2023 6:17 PM

They could have given her a Kennedy Center award 20 years ago, R166. What was the excuse then?

by Anonymousreply 167July 2, 2023 6:33 PM

[quote]And Joey? Seriously. Is he really mentally impaired?

He's always seemed "slow" and extremely inarticulate and unable to communicate well. Just take a look at him 45 years ago with Rona Barrett. It got much worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 2, 2023 7:15 PM

My grandma had the same stammer in her throat in later years.

We all thought it was just alcoholism, but we found out it was actually Parkinson's.

by Anonymousreply 169July 2, 2023 7:41 PM

Joey looked very handsome at R168. And seemed very sweet.

by Anonymousreply 170July 2, 2023 8:50 PM

R168 He sounds fine to me. Soft spoken and deliberate, but certainly not inarticulate.

by Anonymousreply 171July 2, 2023 10:16 PM

R171, I agree, and have no idea why it's so important to some on this board to portray Joey Luft as some sort of "vegetable". He appears to be a kind, gentle man. If only there were more of those in this world.

by Anonymousreply 172July 2, 2023 10:25 PM

Yes, but he's never worked or had any kind of job, not even Burger King.

by Anonymousreply 173July 2, 2023 10:47 PM

Does mental illness destroy one's looks???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174July 2, 2023 10:51 PM

I've dealt with numerous family members who lost their mobility and it's very very hard particularly if the person still has their wits. I can't imagine doing this with people asking for autographs. It seems fucking cruel at this point of her life to be shoving photos in front of her. She's signed enough autographs. She owes people nothing. Let her just be.

by Anonymousreply 175July 2, 2023 10:59 PM

Does Feistein live with her?

by Anonymousreply 176July 2, 2023 10:59 PM

Harvey? No.

Dianne? Maybe. Only when she can't find her own doorstep, and winds up in Brentwood instead of San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 177July 2, 2023 11:02 PM

R175 The thing is, she seems to be thrilled to sign autographs, so if she wants to do that, let her.

by Anonymousreply 178July 2, 2023 11:02 PM

I mused in that other thread that those queens were probably just dragging her around for the attention of it and some sanctimonious old Mary took me to task for it. But I swear it looks that way.

She’s the new Gabby Giffords and those queens are her Mark Kelly dragging her around on a self serving PR tour!

by Anonymousreply 179July 2, 2023 11:03 PM

I’m getting serious Martha Ray/Mark Harris vibes with this relationship.

by Anonymousreply 180July 2, 2023 11:04 PM

There has to be a place in Hollywood where Liza can be discreetly wheeled in. Also what's up with the "not in the wheelchair" thing. She was in that chair at the Oscars too. People know. Also that's not really the proper wheelchair for her condition.

by Anonymousreply 181July 2, 2023 11:11 PM

Maybe it's possible that she's both not doing well but was also very drunk.

by Anonymousreply 182July 2, 2023 11:12 PM

Real Joey is better than fictional I like blue Joey.

by Anonymousreply 183July 3, 2023 7:29 AM

I think Feinstein definitely cares for Liza, and they have a history of friendship. But friends can be possessive and, given Liza's impaired condition, I somehow doubt she would be good at enforcing boundaries if she wasn't comfortable with certain aspects of the relationship. He seems to have become the "broker" and caretaker of her legacy, which is sort of how I have felt watching Brandi Carlisle recently when she turns up to things with Joni Mitchell. A bit like a museum curator allowing the public to see a famous work of art on exhibit, but they can control when it gets put back into storage. Maybe that's what the legends actually want, someone to sort of take it all over when they are old, feeble and a bit confused, but I do think it warrants some scrutiny.

by Anonymousreply 184July 3, 2023 8:41 AM

[quote]Is Liza's health the reason she hasn't been recognized for a Kennedy Center Honor?

That's exactly the reason. The Kennedy Center insists that honorees attend, and it waited too long in Liza's case. But every year, when the Kennedy Center honorees are announced, everyone seems baffled by Liza's exclusion. She's simply not up to it now. But there was no excuse for the Kennedy Center not to honor her years ago.

by Anonymousreply 185July 3, 2023 8:58 AM

She was thrilled to see that photo and wanted to sign it. All she signs is Liza with a smiley face. It would have taken twenty seconds, he shit on her joy.

by Anonymousreply 186July 3, 2023 9:50 AM

I think even if her motor facilities are impaired, she might still be able to do a Z, like Zorro, which might be really cool.

But I also agree, Liza is someone who lives for audience adulation. I think that is perhaps the only thing that would give her true happiness at this stage in her life. To have some queen say they lived for her concerts would give her such joy for those few seconds.

I can't forget when she talked to "Georgia" on HSN and ended with "it was thrilling to talk to you and I'll remember it". Such bullshit but Liza knew that would make "Georgia" eternally happy.

by Anonymousreply 187July 3, 2023 5:21 PM

Another day late dollar short "BI' from CDAN: This living legend who is an offspring of a legend is being robbed blind by those closest to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188July 4, 2023 8:30 PM

R188 omg, I was just posting this same item. I am so glad I looked up and saw your post. This was an absolutely disgusting and very disturbing read for me. I pray he is wrong. Damn them if they did steal from Liza.

by Anonymousreply 189July 4, 2023 8:56 PM

But why would Feinstein steal when he will already inherit everything? Or maybe he won't. Will Liza say Lorna and Joey are excluded from the will for reasons well known to them?

Some of Liza's most expensive belongings can't simply be stolen, like her Warhols (if she has any left). It would be impossible to sell them, at least legally. Now, if they're dipping into her bank account, that's another story. You do wonder who is looking after her financial interests.

by Anonymousreply 190July 4, 2023 10:29 PM

[quote]She was thrilled to see that photo and wanted to sign it. All she signs is Liza with a smiley face.

At this point she signs "Charo" with a smiley face.

by Anonymousreply 191July 4, 2023 10:47 PM

Wow she's in really bad shape, how long do we think she has left?

by Anonymousreply 192July 4, 2023 11:15 PM

[quote]That MSN article (aside from often spelling her name "Minelli") says she lives in a modest house. I thought she lived at the Sierra Towers, which is hardly modest.

That article is wrong. Yes Liza does live at Sierra Towers, and yes it is not modest. It's a full-service luxury building. Whatever Liza needs, they can get for her and deliver it to her door.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193July 4, 2023 11:20 PM

R193, I like the swimming pool. It’s blue.

by Anonymousreply 194July 4, 2023 11:22 PM

It was all downhill after she left Imperial House in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 195July 5, 2023 1:28 AM

And as they awkwardly pushed and manhandled her into the waiting car, Liza had a sudden realisation: “These gays… they’re trying to kill me…”

by Anonymousreply 196July 5, 2023 2:42 AM

Does Michael Feinstein live with her?

by Anonymousreply 197July 5, 2023 2:46 AM

Does sche need a schtool?

by Anonymousreply 198July 5, 2023 3:08 AM

Sheventy sheven

by Anonymousreply 199July 5, 2023 3:21 AM

Feinstein is much more wealthy than Liza at this point. It’s not about the $.

by Anonymousreply 200July 5, 2023 3:45 AM

Liza had a big auction a few years ago. She kept everything from her Mom and Dad too and she cleaned up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201July 5, 2023 12:49 PM

Also heard she is close to Lorna 's kids which is why she moved back to LA.

by Anonymousreply 202July 5, 2023 12:51 PM

Well, at least she made the night.

by Anonymousreply 203July 5, 2023 12:56 PM

[quote]I like the swimming pool. It’s blue. —Joey Luft

Not after you pee in it, Joey.

by Anonymousreply 204July 5, 2023 12:57 PM

It is amazing to me that despite the addictions and some bad choices in men, there's a fundamental kindness and joyfulness about the lady. Deep down, somehow she turned out OK. Or it is just she's a really cheerful hot mess? I can't decide.

by Anonymousreply 205July 5, 2023 12:58 PM

R201, this was the most alarming thing about the article: "Some of the proceeds of the sale will benefit the Great American Songbook Foundation which aims to preserve America’s musical legacy."

Great American Songbook Foundation is run by Feinstein.

by Anonymousreply 206July 5, 2023 1:21 PM

It's to be expected. After all, she's overcome so much diversity!

by Anonymousreply 207July 5, 2023 3:09 PM

Let's make this thread close - only 392 more posts required!

by Anonymousreply 208July 5, 2023 6:06 PM

Godschpeed, R208! Hope this helpsch!

by Anonymousreply 209July 5, 2023 6:09 PM

Well, R188, if the famous "Crazy Days And Nights.net" celebrity website and chat blog says it, then it MUST be true!! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 210July 5, 2023 6:22 PM

As a very casual acquaintance of hers, I can say that most of the time she is witty and sharp as a tack- no dementia. She's like a living pop-culture encyclopedia.

by Anonymousreply 211July 5, 2023 8:16 PM

I've seen Liza perform live more times than any other performer. I saw her in '93 when she still had a great voice and amazing energy on stage. She was so dynamic, it's hard to explain unless you witness her live. I also saw her at The Disney Concert Hall back in 2014. She didn't have the same voice, and she sat in her oversized director's chair for most of the show - but she still brought it. Miss Showbiz until the end!

by Anonymousreply 212July 5, 2023 8:47 PM

R212 sounds like you had some wonderful experiences. I never got the opportunity. It was always on my bucket list. I think I will never get the opportunity. I watch a lot of YouTube videos of her singing, but there is nothing more powerful than seeing a true phenomenon live. That’s how you really know their talent - watching them perform live.

by Anonymousreply 213July 5, 2023 8:52 PM

[quote]I know several 80+ year olds, and they all are ambulatory and able to take care of themselves.

That's great for them and very ableist of you to make a point of in this context. Many people in their 80s aren't in the same shape. It's not newsworthy and hardly worth the hysteria OP is trying to create. Since life is supposed to be so easy and carefree at that age, let's hear back from you when you reach that age and see how great you think your life is then.

by Anonymousreply 214July 5, 2023 10:32 PM

[quote]As a very casual acquaintance of hers, I can say that most of the time she is witty and sharp

Casual acquaintance = bumped into her at Target as she was exiting the restroom joking about the toilet paper stuck to her shoe

by Anonymousreply 215July 6, 2023 12:34 PM

R215 lmao

by Anonymousreply 216July 6, 2023 12:37 PM

What R215 said. DL always seems to have a "casual acquaintance" of any celebrity being spoken about. Usually around mid-thread, one of our "I happen to KNOW her/was there/worked with him" trolls will pop-in in an attempt to cement whatever opinion of the topic they have by claiming first-person knowledge of the celeb or situation.

by Anonymousreply 217July 6, 2023 1:30 PM

R217 in all fairness people do know people. You cannot be on a site, such as this, and expect we are all sheltered.

We have many people who do know and have contact with many celebrities and know some juicy tidbits. When we do have things to share it becomes difficult because everything is always challenged. There has to be a happy medium.

by Anonymousreply 218July 6, 2023 5:22 PM

R215 why you gotta piss in my Cheerios? She's an acquaintance. She's sharp. FUCK YOU. Jeeze, is it so hard to believe that with all of us eldergays here that one of us may actually know one of these people? You must be a riot at parties.

by Anonymousreply 219July 6, 2023 5:41 PM

Do you know where you are, R219?

by Anonymousreply 220July 6, 2023 8:57 PM

[quote]Usually around mid-thread, one of our "I happen to KNOW her/was there/worked with him" trolls will pop-in in an attempt to cement whatever opinion of the topic they have by claiming first-person knowledge of the celeb or situation.

Which is EXACTLY why I love the Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 221July 6, 2023 9:04 PM

R221, are you aware that the quote you "love" from R217 is the same person you "hate"? Or is that the point?

I don't hate, but I'm highly amused at people like R218 who post, then have a few drinks and come back outraged @ R219. Pure Datalounge like the David Ehrenstein days!

by Anonymousreply 222July 7, 2023 3:21 PM

It's a miracle she's lived as long as she has.

by Anonymousreply 223August 19, 2023 2:05 AM

And ash far ash they shee, they can offer noooo explanashon!

by Anonymousreply 224August 19, 2023 2:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!