Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

June 2023 DOOL Is Heating Up Now!!!

Happy Juneteenth everyone!

Dmitri is now getting some Gwen interactions with some Leo on the side.

Megan has kidnapped both EJ & Kristen in the DiMera wine cellar that even Chad has never thought to place a security cam there (imagine the crime preventions in kidnappings alone!).

Abe is still trapped in his worst plot EVAH!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510August 1, 2023 9:09 PM

DOOL?

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2023 4:55 AM

Here is a link to the previous May 2023 thread =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2023 4:58 AM

Why did you post a preview from 2022?! LOOL

by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2023 7:20 AM

I assume he wanted to show Paulina and Abe's Juneteenth wedding from a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2023 12:36 PM

[quote] LOOL

LOOL! :)

by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2023 1:15 PM

r5

by Anonymousreply 6June 16, 2023 1:18 PM

Are the fat soap twitter queens headwriting this show yet?

by Anonymousreply 7June 16, 2023 1:41 PM

R7.

by Anonymousreply 8June 16, 2023 1:50 PM

R8 is vee who is in the biz and speaks code when any new member posts at SON.

Vee who is in the biz as studio toilet scrubber thinks he runs SON.

by Anonymousreply 9June 16, 2023 3:07 PM

Crazy kookoodora is banned from SON because of Vee. Vee is in the biz. Has FAT Casey been hired by Vee yet? Fat pig slob Casey is SO desperate to be in the biz like Vee, but fatso casey’s soap got 32 views! lololol 32 views.

by Anonymousreply 10June 16, 2023 3:57 PM

No jokes - who is Vee and why is this riff being repeated about them being in the biz over and over?

I'm not finding it funny.

by Anonymousreply 11June 16, 2023 4:00 PM

Block that poster and you'll make your time on DL infinitely more pleasant, R11.

by Anonymousreply 12June 16, 2023 4:04 PM

I concur with R12.

That poster is severely mentally ill. Any post from them should be FF'd and the poster should be blocked.

by Anonymousreply 13June 16, 2023 4:07 PM

Are they planning on pairing Leo and Dimitri?

by Anonymousreply 14June 16, 2023 4:18 PM

R11, here is a good description of the loon, as masterfully summed up by a poster in another thread:

Don't respond to that poster. That's our resident totally loony tunes soap board poster.

It has several accounts and several "shticks" as [R278] accurately describes them, including:

(1) Mentioning obviously gay/lesbian performers and insisting they were in a heterosexual relationship with a costar.

(2) Discussing how XYZ actress clogged the studio's toilets.

(3) Various snatches that have or have not been eaten among the female cast members.

(4) Pretending to be someone or something called Scoche Marin, who claims to have replaced the long dead Jeanne Cooper as long dead Katherine Chancellor on Y&R

(5) Insisting that several of the classic NYC soaps should have hired performers such as Shannon Tweed (and other C listers) to replace more quiet, traditional actors/performers.

(6) Discussing other obsession with various things, including but not limited to: whether someone is using the "The" for Guiding Light, calling everything "fat," or low-energy, complaining about any performer who ever said they were overworked, and so on.

And last but worst:

(7) Carrying on detailed, lengthy and repetitive posting about posters at Soap Opera Network's message board, even though none of those people post here and absolutely no one in the history of ever cares even a tiny little smidgeon about any of them or any of the board drama there. He seems to be especially obsessed about someone who is "in the biz" and a poster who is chronically ill with a neurological condition, and obsesses about them at length.

It would not surprise me if this poster is in an institution.

Anyway, save yourself the frustration and block/FF them. You'll be glad you did.

by Anonymousreply 15June 16, 2023 4:19 PM

That poster also forgot a sickening obsession with Deidre smoking cigarettes as well as eating snatch.

Same insane loser who posts about Chambo eating snatch and RSW eating snatch.

"Dee Dee Halls" is another hallmark of that disease-brained freak.

by Anonymousreply 16June 16, 2023 4:22 PM

The "Dee Dee Halls" term is an old one here at the DL. But I think the rest is accurate. In any case, FF The Loon.

by Anonymousreply 17June 16, 2023 4:30 PM

Apparently, the lOOn is more discussion-worthy than the current DOOL...

by Anonymousreply 18June 17, 2023 1:45 AM

The real promo is here! Mary! HotEly and notTheo, too! Just ignore the gross Rafe romance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 17, 2023 1:54 AM

KooKooDora has posted thatDays tapes 8 episodes a DAY! lolololol That crazy cunt cab’t get anything right. Crazy KooKooDora, that Vee has banned from the boards because he is in the ‘biz’, is as nutty as Vee, who’s in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 20June 17, 2023 1:58 AM

R20

by Anonymousreply 21June 17, 2023 2:00 AM

⏳ DOOL !

by Anonymousreply 22June 17, 2023 2:22 AM

Paulina makes me cringe with her big loudmouth accusations, pointing her big fat fingers in all the wrong directions. Who is the nutball who hired her? She may have been funny 40 years ago, but not so much now.

I'd also like to see Megan experience an "accidental" fall while going down the stair to the wine cellar, while she's holding on to Kristen.

Did anybody not figure out that Abe and his feline obsessed nurse were starring in the Off Broadway production of 🚬 🍾 [italic] Misery

by Anonymousreply 23June 17, 2023 2:38 AM

Is the LOON described at R15 the same poster who posts about Pervsudz and Chambo?

by Anonymousreply 24June 17, 2023 2:40 AM

R24 Yes, it is.

by Anonymousreply 25June 17, 2023 2:53 AM

Does Jackee’s pussy stink? Well does it????

by Anonymousreply 26June 17, 2023 3:21 AM

Nein.

by Anonymousreply 27June 17, 2023 3:47 AM

R19 This thread was created before that was released.

I needed something in the title with the word "June" to differ from all of the old threads from years ago & "Juneteenth" wasn't included in any of them plus the show made a big deal of it last year which was a better plot for old Abe.

My research for DL DOOL videos/pictures can come from a Google search, YT search or the various soap threads (if an image or video is available on them).

After watching the Juneteenth wedding promo from last year on YT, it inspired me to do the DL poll with seldom seen Lucas & Sami (with Jan throw in for those who might want something else to weigh in on).

by Anonymousreply 28June 17, 2023 7:58 AM

I wish the writers/creators would let the older geezers such as John & Patch do desk jobs like company execs or newspaper roles & give the physical labor jobs to the under 40 crowd (or even the under 50 crowd).

The Patch actor just turned 72 in Feb. & the John Black actor will turn 70 in Sept. so I think they need to address their advancing ages in these kidnapping/action plots. I can't help but laugh when they have to do something physical.

I think Xander & Alex would've made an interesting Black Patch combo but Andrew & Paul would be the best replacements for them. Maybe even a better looking Joey to replace Paul if he doesn't want to be on DOOL full time.

by Anonymousreply 29June 17, 2023 8:06 AM

I can't believe that a Salem newspaper (that is located in a small town that has competition in that area no less) is being run as a success with 3 felons (Xander, Gwen & Leo but 4 if you count ex hooker Chloe) in high profile jobs.

If beloved psyche Dr. Marlena (who Xander tried to kill) is so loved in that area how is the paper staying afloat?

Xander, Gwen & Leo would make an interesting group to replace Black Patch since they all have some ethical issues in their various pasts.

by Anonymousreply 30June 17, 2023 8:13 AM

Loving amnesiac Abe being held prisoner by wackadoo Sinclair, while watching a soap-within-a-soap starring Dee and Mary Beth. Classic DAYS.

by Anonymousreply 31June 17, 2023 9:46 AM

I am, too, r31!

The actress playing Megan and the dialogue for her yesterday were terrific! She just kept on slicing Shawn to the bone.

I don’t want to watch Brady or Naggie help Shawn get into “Recovery.” Insta-alcoholism stories on soaps are written like it’s 1985 with way outdated concepts. Shawn is going through an understandably terrible time; he’s not a drunk.

Peter Porte gets hotter every day!

by Anonymousreply 32June 17, 2023 11:56 AM

Still cannot believe thay Chanel and Paulina see themselves as innocent victims of BiscuitGate. Chanel drank and screwed her way through Europe, and Paulina came to Salem to turn Horton Square into a strip mall, with PriceTown being the anchor store. Her daughter is doing jail time because of her lies, yet she rarely mentions her. Those two should have been beaten with a rolling pin. Yet despite it all, Chanel still has a thing for Talia, and Abe thinks Paulina is too sexy for her bearclaws.

by Anonymousreply 33June 17, 2023 12:19 PM

r33

by Anonymousreply 34June 17, 2023 12:20 PM

🐈 Just wait until Nurse Sinclair notices that one of her genuine crystal cat figurines from the Bradford Exchange Cuddly Kitten of the Month Collection is no longer facing south.

Oh Abe, this is gonna hurt ........

by Anonymousreply 35June 17, 2023 12:32 PM

r35

by Anonymousreply 36June 17, 2023 12:42 PM

Stephen Nichols looks seriously good for 72. I never thought he was hot but he's aging well.

And I would still let Drake Hogestyn stick it ALL the way in. If he can remember who he is and where he is when he does it.

by Anonymousreply 37June 17, 2023 1:46 PM

For the most part I'm enjoying the show, but there are times when I wish it was more grounded in some kind of reality instead of being so tongue in cheek all the time. People think the show was all crazy all the time when Jim Reilly was writing, but it wasn't. It was grounded in the world that the show created. They weren't winking at the audience all the time.

And the show moves too damned fast. Gwen already has feelings for Dimitri? And why won't the directors tell Jackee to fucking tone it down. The show also needs to invest in some younger characters.

by Anonymousreply 38June 17, 2023 1:57 PM

I think all the soaps need fresh faces and younger characters.

The dichotomy of course is that most younger actors are in demand, so unless they're super green, they don't want to do daytime. And only older actors will take soap parts, to pay the bills. Even if they only make slightly more than scale, it's enough to keep the lights on or the mortgage paid for another month or two.

With the low budgets now shows can probably only really afford about 8-10 contract players. Whoever gets played to death on DAYS has been in that group - everyone else is probably recurring.

by Anonymousreply 39June 17, 2023 2:52 PM

RSW and Deidre have the highest salaries.

by Anonymousreply 40June 17, 2023 3:05 PM

R40

I hope you’re kidding about RSW

by Anonymousreply 41June 17, 2023 3:57 PM

I wish Greg had gone full nude in his early career as a struggling young actor. Shown full cock and ass

by Anonymousreply 42June 17, 2023 4:01 PM

No, it was reported a few years ago.

RSW and Deidre have the highest salaries, the best contracts, nicest dressing rooms, and are the two most important cast members.

by Anonymousreply 43June 17, 2023 4:03 PM

I thought the old lady who played Maggie was highest paid, as she is top billed? Always at the heart of the show in cutting edge, memorable storylines..

by Anonymousreply 44June 17, 2023 4:03 PM

Why isn't Greg Vaughn the highest paid? He's the one who keeps all the female subscriber' watching

by Anonymousreply 45June 17, 2023 4:08 PM

Top Billed only refers to length of time on the show without leaving officially.

Deidre left around 2009, remember?

Rogers doesn’t get near what RSW and Deidre (and MAGA Sweeney when she’s there!) get paid.

by Anonymousreply 46June 17, 2023 4:08 PM

Sorry R46 I was being facetious. We've had people on here who suggest how important the actress is to the show because she's top-billed

by Anonymousreply 47June 17, 2023 4:10 PM

Got it!

I can’t believe we have a lunatic RSW hater here.

by Anonymousreply 48June 17, 2023 4:12 PM

This is tricky. Are you basing the highest paid on per episode rate or guarantee (overall compensation)?

Per Episode Rate (my guesses are based on nothing)

1) Dee

2) Jackee

3) Nichols

4) Drake

5) James Reynolds

6) Mary Beth Evans

Overall compensation (per episode rate + guarantee) - based on nothing

1) Dee

2) Jackee

3) RSW

4) Greg V.

5) Ari Z.

6) Billy Flynn

by Anonymousreply 49June 17, 2023 4:13 PM

R49 Your second list is more likely than the first.

Dee is likely still somewhere on the A list of compensation. I think the rest of that first list, especially Nichols, Evans and Hogestyn, may be on a B list - either low rate contract players or mid level recurring with no guarantees.

by Anonymousreply 50June 17, 2023 8:47 PM

How much does Kudrow earn?

by Anonymousreply 51June 17, 2023 9:25 PM

Lisa Kudrow R51 ? Millions.

by Anonymousreply 52June 17, 2023 9:45 PM

Sorry I meant Lauren Koslow, isn't she a female lead?

by Anonymousreply 53June 17, 2023 10:00 PM

What don't you get?

Only Deidre and MAGA Sweeney are important females on the show. The Russian Ciara was, too, but she doesn't want to work (and nowhere near as important as Marlena and Sami, but way more integral to the show than Kate, Maggie, Nicole, Kayla, or Chloe). All the ladies below Deidre are SUPPORT. Deidre is the female STAR. Still.

RSW is the male STAR. No one comes close. Paul T. and GV are in the next tier but not in RSW's league with salary or perks.

Whenever MAGA Sweeney visits, several someones get axed or their episode count goes way down.

by Anonymousreply 54June 17, 2023 10:19 PM

MAGA Banus and Zucker are probably the ones next after Deidre.

by Anonymousreply 55June 17, 2023 10:20 PM

Dee really is the Queen of daytime

by Anonymousreply 56June 17, 2023 10:22 PM

I don't agree with that assessment atall.

by Anonymousreply 57June 17, 2023 11:03 PM

[quote]Loving amnesiac Abe being held prisoner by wackadoo Sinclair, while watching a soap-within-a-soap starring Dee and Mary Beth. Classic DAYS.

I loved it when Sinclair told amnesiac Abe that he owned a chain of ice cream parlors called Marshall's.

James Reynolds was off Days for about a year in 1990-91. During that time period, he was on NBC's new soap opera Generations, playing Henry Marshall, who owned a chain of ice cream parlors called Marshall's.

by Anonymousreply 58June 18, 2023 12:38 AM

So are we to believe that Sloan took the swap meant for Eric?

The Body & Soul skits are from this year & not from old shows right?

Is Eve returning as the rumor suggests?

by Anonymousreply 59June 18, 2023 1:07 AM

I would love if all 3 Donovan siblings were on screen, I wonder what their relationships are like

by Anonymousreply 60June 18, 2023 1:12 AM

AS surpassed Deidre to become the highest paid actor on the show. Dena Higley wanted to make BF the male lead of the show while Albert then Ron then wanted Robert.

by Anonymousreply 61June 18, 2023 3:00 AM

I would love to see Eileen's Kristen, Peter Blake and Kimberly & Shane back. Hell even Eugene and Calliopee. Bring back the 80s/90s glory. So sick of Eric, Nicole, Rafe, Stefon, Gabi. All dull as hell.

by Anonymousreply 62June 18, 2023 3:58 AM

[quote] AS surpassed Deidre to become the highest paid actor on the show

Which is why they had a falling out.

And why AS is only sporadically on the show these days.

They should have paid any amount to AS and James Scott.

by Anonymousreply 63June 18, 2023 4:43 AM

[quote]Bring back the 80s/90s glory.

Sheri Anderson, who wrote for the show during much of that period, has gone fi-core and might be subbing for Ron during the strike. I hope so, at least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 18, 2023 12:37 PM

Are there any plans for MAGA Sweeney to return?

by Anonymousreply 65June 18, 2023 1:40 PM

Sheri would be a solid choice if so. She'd at least not fuck things up, and she'd probably come up with a few good 6 to 12 week mini plots to tread water until Ron is back.

It's a shame she's fi-core but maybe it's because she's older....a girl's gotta eat.

by Anonymousreply 66June 18, 2023 2:40 PM

I don't think it's because she's gotta eat. I think she's doing it because she's already set. She's 74, her health insurance is probably covered by Medicare and she probably already has a nest egg in place. It's different for younger writers.

I just hope that the needs of soap writers are being met in these negotiations. I hope they address the breakdown writer situation, which is component unique to daytime, in addition to the compensation plan.

by Anonymousreply 67June 18, 2023 2:52 PM

Ron’s shitting his diapers that they will keep Sheri permanently.

by Anonymousreply 68June 18, 2023 3:21 PM

I guess Talia will get off of the charges because "Colin yelled at me."

Just put Chanel back with Johnny, her only viable pairing.

by Anonymousreply 69June 18, 2023 3:35 PM

Why are people still using the May thread? Use this one.

by Anonymousreply 70June 18, 2023 10:08 PM

Are we going to have a Bonnie /Xander feud for the rest of the year when the baby news spills out into the open?

Last fall they were setting up a Julie/Gwen feud but so far nothing else has been done in that area. Bummer.

It's now been over 6 months of taping now since John Aniston passed away so does anyone know when they will retire the character on the show?

by Anonymousreply 71June 19, 2023 9:45 AM

Victor passes away in August.

by Anonymousreply 72June 19, 2023 10:42 AM

Even towards the end when he was turning into Statler or Waldorf from the Muppet Show he could still fire off those snarky comments like no one else on the show. Will always miss you Victor.

by Anonymousreply 73June 19, 2023 10:53 AM

The show needs Eileen back.

by Anonymousreply 74June 19, 2023 11:00 AM

I love Bonnie so much more than Adrienne!

I hate Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 75June 19, 2023 12:06 PM

Who are the hottest guys on Days?

by Anonymousreply 76June 19, 2023 12:07 PM

RSW - Alex/Ben

Greg Vaughan - Eric

Lucas Adams - Tripp

Peter Porte - Dimitri

by Anonymousreply 77June 19, 2023 12:13 PM

r77

I agree with 75% of your list

by Anonymousreply 78June 19, 2023 12:40 PM

We know you hate RSW, r78. Broken record.

by Anonymousreply 79June 19, 2023 1:02 PM

while most of my dislike of RSW comes from his 2 characters. Ben is a murderer and Alex not acting like Adrienne's son and knowing nothing about the Johnson is the fault of the writer. He seems like a douche bag in the real world. He is kinda attractive though

by Anonymousreply 80June 19, 2023 1:20 PM

Is Chad Duell considered a hottie on General Hospital, or is he a former hottie?

by Anonymousreply 81June 19, 2023 1:21 PM

Today's show was not very good. While I like crazy Nurse Whitley, why didn't the mayor have a security detail? And why was Eli and Mary Jenkins back? And why do they keep bringing back that ugly Theo instead of the hot one??

by Anonymousreply 82June 19, 2023 1:52 PM

I *hate* Paulina. Why this character is being put center stage, I will never understand.

by Anonymousreply 83June 19, 2023 2:49 PM

Alex isn't Adrienne's son, he's the son of Anjelica & Justin

by Anonymousreply 84June 19, 2023 2:51 PM

r84

Adrienne was the only mother Alex ever knew... in fact RC wrote the story of Angelica getting Bonnie to swap with Adrienne to get revenge on Adrienne because of her, Angelica had no relation with Alex. When Alex came to town, he acted like he wasn't part of Adrienne's family except for the scene with Steph where they swapped Grandma Jo stories yet he didn't have any interaction with the Johnsons

by Anonymousreply 85June 19, 2023 3:13 PM

Alex has said SEVERAL times on the show that he had a relationship with his mother. You must've missed those episodes.

by Anonymousreply 86June 19, 2023 3:16 PM

I actually like Eli R82. Although I disagree with him that Lani was a great cop. She is the definition of someone who should not be a cop.

by Anonymousreply 87June 19, 2023 3:18 PM

r83 r87

by Anonymousreply 88June 19, 2023 3:20 PM

I think people really need to get over the whole Alex thing. Ron retconned the character's history. It's not the first retcon Ron has written, nor is it the first retcon that has ever been written in the history of soap opera. For years fans screamed bring Stephanie back. He brought Stephanie back and now they're upset with that character.

by Anonymousreply 89June 19, 2023 3:25 PM

Here R81 . Ask people who give a shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 19, 2023 4:38 PM

R86

Exactly… RC is retconning his own story

by Anonymousreply 91June 19, 2023 5:02 PM

Happens all the time. On B&B, the Black tranny was not a tranny when she started on the show.

Things change.

EJ was born on February 21, 1997. EJ is clearly not 26 years old.

Move on.

by Anonymousreply 92June 19, 2023 5:08 PM

Pervertsudz at SON, an OLD man, thinks that he has a chance with Lucas Adams, a straight young man. lololololol at Pervsudz.

by Anonymousreply 93June 19, 2023 6:39 PM

Can someone translate what R93 just said into standard English?

by Anonymousreply 94June 19, 2023 6:40 PM

R93 r94

by Anonymousreply 95June 19, 2023 6:47 PM

Eli seems too skinny in this episode & gayer than ever.

So this June 2023 & the previous June of 2022 has a black tribute to their holiday (even if it's a single episode) so why don't we get an episode for Pride month on this LGBT supported show?

Couldn't even bi girl Chanel have a pride flag outside of her closed down bakery? Would that be asking too much?

by Anonymousreply 96June 19, 2023 6:50 PM

[QUOTE] Wouldn't even bi girl Chanel have a pride flag outside of her closed down bakery?

That's not going to bring customers back. A little thing about hiring sociopaths who drug the clientele....

by Anonymousreply 97June 19, 2023 6:54 PM

Who cares about “fluid” Chanel?

by Anonymousreply 98June 19, 2023 6:54 PM

I wasn't focusing on Chanel or her "sociopath employee" but PRIDE Month getting ignored by TPTB yet again.

by Anonymousreply 99June 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Well the focus is on Juneteenth.

by Anonymousreply 100June 19, 2023 7:07 PM

R100

by Anonymousreply 101June 19, 2023 7:08 PM

They highlighted Pride pretty well last year on Beyond Salem 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 19, 2023 7:14 PM

They've probably decided Pride is a no go with advertisers, after the Dylan Mulvaney fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 103June 19, 2023 7:16 PM

They filmed June episodes last December, R103.

by Anonymousreply 104June 19, 2023 7:19 PM

Wait for June 28th. The actual Pride Day.

by Anonymousreply 105June 19, 2023 7:21 PM

R103 is a scat troll.

by Anonymousreply 106June 19, 2023 7:33 PM

R97 is the scat troll. R103 is a Russian troll.

by Anonymousreply 107June 19, 2023 7:35 PM

R102 is that dirty old John Black in a pride tank top?!

by Anonymousreply 108June 19, 2023 7:36 PM

R94 Ignore that post. That is the mentally ill, obsessive troll. FF it and enjoy the silence.

by Anonymousreply 109June 19, 2023 10:21 PM

Fuck this homophobia where everyone “turns” bisexual just by close contact with someone of the same sex.

I am longer watching any Chanel scenes.

by Anonymousreply 110June 20, 2023 12:44 AM

Nein.

by Anonymousreply 111June 20, 2023 12:46 AM

R111

by Anonymousreply 112June 20, 2023 12:47 AM

🙊 Does "fluid" mean she's so "hypersexual" that she will screw both males and females anyplace, anywhere, anytime 24/7 ?

Back in my day they called that AC/DC . . . . .

by Anonymousreply 113June 20, 2023 12:55 AM

Chad needs to find himself a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 114June 20, 2023 1:04 AM

Am I the only one who does not buy Talia's emotional abuse excuses? She is a straight up liar.

by Anonymousreply 115June 20, 2023 1:08 AM

R115

by Anonymousreply 116June 20, 2023 1:23 AM

They are doing a good job of hiding it, but Bill Hayes is on the decline. Dementia. Very obvious. God bless Bill and Susan.

by Anonymousreply 117June 20, 2023 2:02 AM

R117

by Anonymousreply 118June 20, 2023 2:08 AM

Vee who is in the biz mandates airtime for the Hayeses. Vee is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 119June 20, 2023 2:12 AM

Vee died, like our interest in this repetitive, mentally ill fuckery did ages and ages ago.

by Anonymousreply 120June 20, 2023 2:15 AM

Christopher Sean was at a Japanese-American pride event and his girlfriend or wife injured recently herself.

by Anonymousreply 121June 20, 2023 2:49 AM

She should have stayed away from those ping-pong balls....

by Anonymousreply 122June 20, 2023 2:52 AM

Bill Hayes is 98 (!) and still showing up. And there's Marla Gibbs at 92. My mother is 73 and won't even get off the couch.

by Anonymousreply 123June 20, 2023 9:38 AM

Well R123 your mother isn't being offered 10 of 1000s of dollars to get off the couch!

by Anonymousreply 124June 20, 2023 10:17 AM

Gabi just name dropped Ed Sheeran.

by Anonymousreply 125June 20, 2023 10:34 AM

Does Marla Gibbs’ pussy stink? Well does it????

by Anonymousreply 126June 20, 2023 11:04 AM

^ I don't know but I'm sure Bawlina's does.

by Anonymousreply 127June 20, 2023 11:15 AM

r126

by Anonymousreply 128June 20, 2023 11:33 AM

Bawlina letting the waterworks flow again @ 34:00 in today's ep.

by Anonymousreply 129June 20, 2023 11:39 AM

I decided to check out the other soaps yesterday and it is clear that Days has the hottest guys by leaps and bounds. I only saw two hot guys on GH. None on Y&R and None on B&B yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 130June 20, 2023 12:53 PM

R130 Who were the hotties on GH?

by Anonymousreply 131June 20, 2023 3:17 PM

[auote] Christopher Sean was at a Japanese-American pride event and his girlfriend or wife injured recently herself.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 132June 20, 2023 4:56 PM

[quote] Christopher Sean was at a Japanese-American pride event and his girlfriend or wife injured recently herself.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 133June 20, 2023 4:56 PM

Pride is for trannies. Gays won their rights. There’s no need for Pride anymore. It’s a joke. It’s just a sex party.

by Anonymousreply 134June 20, 2023 4:57 PM

Twitter is saying that Albert Alar’s wife is writing the show right now.

by Anonymousreply 135June 20, 2023 4:57 PM

I eat piles of shit!

by Anonymousreply 136June 20, 2023 9:05 PM

Bonnie is literally unwatchable. Even worse than Bawlina at this point.

by Anonymousreply 137June 21, 2023 1:57 PM

r137

by Anonymousreply 138June 21, 2023 1:59 PM

Still can't believe someone looked at the two characters Judi Evans played and thought, "Well, Bonnie is the keeper!"

by Anonymousreply 139June 21, 2023 2:10 PM

R138

by Anonymousreply 140June 21, 2023 2:11 PM

I guess the pussy must be phenomenal.

Justin is a very logical person. I don't know what he sees in her. Unless he just enjoys taking care of this baby...err I mean grown woman.

by Anonymousreply 141June 21, 2023 2:12 PM

R140 r141

by Anonymousreply 142June 21, 2023 2:13 PM

I just want Chandler with his undies around his ankles and showing his slot and ballsack to me

by Anonymousreply 143June 21, 2023 2:16 PM

Every time that I see Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie), I am always amazed at how fabulous she looks.

🎂 Susan will be celebrating her 80th birthday on July 11th !

by Anonymousreply 144June 21, 2023 2:24 PM

😏 It's only phenomenal R141, because the script writers say it is.

by Anonymousreply 145June 21, 2023 2:27 PM

I was annoyed with that Eli, Julie, Gabi, Stefan scene yesterday. But I did like Leo and Megan, which was the only bright spot. My only issue with Gwen and Dimitri is that it's moving too fast.

by Anonymousreply 146June 21, 2023 2:29 PM

[QUOTE] I was annoyed with that Eli, Julie, Gabi, Stefan scene yesterday.

Agree, that scene was pointless.

by Anonymousreply 147June 21, 2023 2:33 PM

I'm not sure whose side to take in the Maggie vs. Alex drama. But it seems Maggie takes things too personally to be CEO?

by Anonymousreply 148June 21, 2023 2:42 PM

Maggie should hire Kate as CEO, and then Kate steals the company which causes Victor's death.

by Anonymousreply 149June 21, 2023 2:48 PM

I miss James Scott, the new EJ is stultifyingly dull.

by Anonymousreply 150June 21, 2023 2:52 PM

The "B" in Bonnie must be for Cluster B. Biggest drama queen and instigator ever.

by Anonymousreply 151June 21, 2023 3:02 PM

[quote]But it seems Maggie takes things too personally to be CEO?

I understand why they had to put Maggie into Victor's slot, but this is completely out of character for her. It would have made more sense to put Justin in charge.

I liked the Eli, Julie, Gabi, Stefan scene. I miss the Julie-Gabi rivalry.

by Anonymousreply 152June 21, 2023 3:09 PM

[QUOTE] It would have made more sense to put Justin in charge.

It sort of makes sense but then would Justin still have time to represent every person in Salem who needs lawyer?

Also Victor knows Bonnie is a meddlesome loser and she would have her nose in Titan decisions.

by Anonymousreply 153June 21, 2023 3:11 PM

[quote]It sort of makes sense but then would Justin still have time to represent every person in Salem who needs lawyer?

Belle could be the all-purpose lawyer just as Kayla is the all-purpose doctor.

by Anonymousreply 154June 21, 2023 3:12 PM

LOL true. I love how they show Kayla doing all surgeries when she's the admin running the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 155June 21, 2023 3:15 PM

Old Maggie is a CEO? Will she upgrade her wig?!

by Anonymousreply 156June 21, 2023 3:20 PM

I understand why they kept Bonnie over Adrienne. Bonnie is just the more interesting character and can get into more hijinks. I wouldn't have killed Adrienne off, maybe put her in a long term coma or something.

I agree about EJ. I don't think the character is needed on the show right now.

by Anonymousreply 157June 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Interesting is not the word I would use for Bonnie. I fast forward almost every scene she's in.

by Anonymousreply 158June 21, 2023 3:58 PM

Catti LaBelle was cute yesterday!

by Anonymousreply 159June 21, 2023 4:24 PM

R159

by Anonymousreply 160June 21, 2023 4:33 PM

r158 r160

by Anonymousreply 161June 21, 2023 4:34 PM

I agree, R146! Megan and Leo WERE the show yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 162June 21, 2023 5:37 PM

😂 😂 😂 Maggie's indignation at Alex besting her for the win!

She's been so busy, busy, busy waging war as The New Female CEO Tigress of Titan, she has yet to notice that Victor's been dead for quite some time now.

by Anonymousreply 163June 21, 2023 9:31 PM

I'm team Alex on this one. I love Maggie, but she needs to reopen Penthouse Grille and leave the big business to others.

by Anonymousreply 164June 21, 2023 10:33 PM

What's Gloria Loring doing these days?

by Anonymousreply 165June 21, 2023 10:52 PM

Ah, remember when Gloria Loring got the Don Diamont dick back in the day? Good times.

by Anonymousreply 166June 21, 2023 11:43 PM

He was a hot piece back then r166

by Anonymousreply 167June 22, 2023 12:00 AM

I like Brady and Alex's friendship, although I don't know if it will last.

by Anonymousreply 168June 22, 2023 12:33 AM

r168

I'm glad they remembered they were related... I wish Shawn D played more with them as well

by Anonymousreply 169June 22, 2023 12:36 AM

It's weird how in the DL search, the May title was erased & just the (DOOL) appears.

What's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 170June 22, 2023 9:48 AM

Chloe s/l's are the black hole where characters go to die.

by Anonymousreply 171June 22, 2023 11:23 AM

Chad depends on an 80-year old woman and her 100-year old husband to take care of his under 8-years old children.

What a loser.

At least they have a "therapist." Chad's a good Millennial parent.

by Anonymousreply 172June 22, 2023 11:53 AM

Maggie just made things even more personal.

by Anonymousreply 173June 22, 2023 11:58 AM

r171 r173

by Anonymousreply 174June 22, 2023 12:01 PM

One of those weird YouTube videos (with voiceover by A.I.) says that Megan leaves next week, and that she last filmed in December.

Is this true, or just one of those made-up things?

by Anonymousreply 175June 22, 2023 12:03 PM

Who is making all the ignored posts? The pervsudz person?

by Anonymousreply 176June 22, 2023 12:14 PM

Yeah, she's leaving. She posted on Twitter. But I didn't think it was until July.

by Anonymousreply 177June 22, 2023 12:15 PM

Pervsudz is jerking to guys young enough to be his grandson. Ewwwwww!!

by Anonymousreply 178June 22, 2023 12:21 PM

Pervsudz must emit a powerful forcefield. He's not even on DL and yet one person here is compelled to document his every post on another forum.

by Anonymousreply 179June 22, 2023 12:26 PM

July 6th, two weeks from today.

Rolf gets control of Harris to kill Stefan, but it looks like he breaks free and shoots Megan or something.

Peter Porte is leaving, too. SAD.

by Anonymousreply 180June 22, 2023 12:33 PM

r180

They just announced that Peter P was on contract

by Anonymousreply 181June 22, 2023 12:48 PM

Contracts at DOOL can be very short.

by Anonymousreply 182June 22, 2023 12:51 PM

Really? The YouTube video was wrong about him! YAY!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 183June 22, 2023 12:51 PM

^^He was filming in December, so he may have had a six-month contract that's already up.

by Anonymousreply 184June 22, 2023 12:52 PM

Sara Horton is a bona fide lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 185June 22, 2023 2:47 PM

Jesus, did they have to pour Chad into those pants?

by Anonymousreply 186June 22, 2023 5:01 PM

Snoozefest of an episode today, except for Alex and Maggie.

by Anonymousreply 187June 22, 2023 5:02 PM

Why would Maggie be considered CEO material? Didn't she run a donut joint with Alice Horton?

by Anonymousreply 188June 22, 2023 5:05 PM

r187 r188

by Anonymousreply 189June 22, 2023 5:06 PM

Why would 90% of these people be CEO material? Most of them do business while drinking a latte in Horton Square.

by Anonymousreply 190June 22, 2023 5:18 PM

Days has never been a business soap, so I don't understand why Ron keeps playing the musical CEO game. Maggie was not in character at all today and the entire thing with Alex is way too plotty. I don't mind them using Maggie, but this really isn't her lane.

Also, Zander and Chloe work for me.

Also, today made me certain that the Last Blast Crew and their kids should be driving stories right now.

by Anonymousreply 191June 22, 2023 5:23 PM

r190

by Anonymousreply 192June 22, 2023 5:26 PM

R191, who is the Last Blast Crew? I am fairly new to DOOL and am still sorting characters out.

by Anonymousreply 193June 22, 2023 5:27 PM

r191

I agree, Mimi(and the other Lockharts) should be on especially sexy Patrick

by Anonymousreply 194June 22, 2023 5:29 PM

Belle, Shawn-Douglas, Chloe, Mimi, Brady, Phillip... and Last Blast adjacent Rex and Cassie

by Anonymousreply 195June 22, 2023 5:30 PM

[QUOTE] Also, today made me certain that the Last Blast Crew and their kids should be driving stories right now.

Only problem is Chloe doesn't bother raising her own son, and Claire written off show.

by Anonymousreply 196June 22, 2023 5:42 PM

Dena and Josh Griffith fucked up when they SORASed Claire. It was way too soon. They also fucked up when they changed Parker's paternity from Phillip to Daniel.

by Anonymousreply 197June 22, 2023 5:45 PM

I pointed out that Chloe was inept as a mother, over at Frau Central, and they ganged up on my saying it is perfectly normal for a kid be raised by grandparents and then placed in boarding school.

by Anonymousreply 198June 22, 2023 5:47 PM

Rex was much hotter than any of the other last blast crowd

by Anonymousreply 199June 22, 2023 5:49 PM

Original recipe Rex was so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 200June 22, 2023 5:51 PM

Is Phillip ever coming back?

by Anonymousreply 201June 22, 2023 5:52 PM

Eric Winter as Rex was one of the most attractive cast members ever

by Anonymousreply 202June 22, 2023 6:08 PM

R194 Like many former soap opera actors, 52-year old Hutzler now sells real estate, primarily in The Valley where that slut Brooke Logan is from. He may still have his other PR job at Lamps Plus too.

by Anonymousreply 203June 22, 2023 7:36 PM

They should have kept Patrick as Ciara's father instead of the lame, filmed-later retcon of Bo being the father.

Stupid Fraus and DL Gays couldn't handle Hope having a non-Bope child.

by Anonymousreply 204June 22, 2023 9:00 PM

🤔 Patrick WHO ?

by Anonymousreply 205June 22, 2023 9:05 PM

Has Eric Winter ever gone nude for a paying audience?

by Anonymousreply 206June 22, 2023 9:08 PM

[quote] Also, today made me certain that the Last Blast Crew and their kids should be driving stories right now.

Yup. They had a great generation of characters and have fucked up almost all of them. Just like Y&R misused or tossed away all their late 90s/circa 2000 young characters (Raul, JT, Brittany et al).

by Anonymousreply 207June 22, 2023 9:09 PM

[quote] Old Maggie is a CEO? Will she upgrade her wig?!

She's been working that $5.99 McCrory's wig for almost 50 years. She ain't giving that up.

[quote] I agree about EJ. I don't think the character is needed on the show right now.

I still can't accept him as EJ. James Scott was walking sex and this guy is......not.

by Anonymousreply 208June 22, 2023 9:11 PM

Any vids of Eric Winter rubbing one out?

by Anonymousreply 209June 22, 2023 9:16 PM

[quote]She's been working that $5.99 McCrory's wig for almost 50 years. She ain't giving that up.

It'll be 50 years come August.

Maggie's first episode aired on August 20, 1973.

Hope Ron has something planned for the 50th anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 210June 22, 2023 9:24 PM

r207 r208 r209

by Anonymousreply 211June 22, 2023 9:26 PM

[quote]I still can't accept him as EJ. James Scott was walking sex and this guy is......not.

I'm glad that I'm not alone. James Scott was EJ. I just find it funny that this show wouldn't recast Ciara, but thought they could recast EJ. And it's nothing against Dan F., but he's not EJ.

And the Last Blast crew could be fixed, but it would take some retconning and investment from the writers.

by Anonymousreply 212June 22, 2023 9:32 PM

Shawn was hot in his last blast days. Jason Cook

by Anonymousreply 213June 22, 2023 9:38 PM

Fake Insta-Alcoholic Shawn is a dud.

We don't need any more characters pontificating about the evils of booze.

by Anonymousreply 214June 22, 2023 9:40 PM

R207 The problem with that original young crowd at Y&R is that the only actor who really wanted to stay on the show and make soap acting his career was David Lago (Raul). Of that set, I think he's the only one who really didn't want to go. And after the original Mackenzie (Ashley Bashioum) left, none of the subsequent actresses caught on with the fraus. Then, after David Tom quit as Billy, Y&R went through two recasts before they found Billy Miller; then, he wanted to go. Even today, many viewers still don't buy Jason Thompson as Billy. MAGABrittany (Lauren Woodland) wanted to exit to have a career as an attorney. And it's highly doubtful that Thad Luckinbill (JT) would have stuck around much longer than he did. Look at what he's involved in today. The boy had places to go and things to do. This is not just a problem at Y&R. A lot of young actors just don't see daytime soap jobs as their forever jobs.

by Anonymousreply 215June 22, 2023 9:49 PM

Y&R: TLDR.

I hated and still hate Kirsten Storms. My hatred of her made me not like the Shawn character, even though Jason Cook was insanely hot wearing only jeans in the Cage of Love.

Hated MAGAPhilip, but JKJ was a bust on his recent return as well. The bleached OLTL gay guy was horrible as Philip, too.

by Anonymousreply 216June 22, 2023 9:53 PM

I thought Maggie was the resident alcohol-is-bad character?

by Anonymousreply 217June 22, 2023 9:55 PM

[quote]The bleached OLTL gay guy was horrible as Philip, too.

But it was so interesting seeing John Paul Lavoisier's gay Phillip and Brandon Beemer's gay Shawn-Douglas fighting over Belle.

Every scene where the Phillip and Shawn-D were arguing over Belle, you kept expecting them to suddenly kiss each other.

by Anonymousreply 218June 22, 2023 10:37 PM

I would take John Paul Lavoisier's Phillip over that mess we got from JKJ the last time.

by Anonymousreply 219June 22, 2023 10:40 PM

Did Shawn D have a shitter in his cage?

by Anonymousreply 220June 22, 2023 10:57 PM

Yes, he had his own bathroom connected to the cage.

by Anonymousreply 221June 22, 2023 10:59 PM

I didn't hate John Paul Lavoisier as Phillip but I did hate the Deimos plot he was involved with.

I don't like Maggie as a business tycoon though... I hate that the only person calling her Aunt Maggie is Alex K

by Anonymousreply 222June 22, 2023 11:01 PM

A whole bathroom? More than I had!

by Anonymousreply 223June 22, 2023 11:01 PM

The sudden workload of filming all these scenes will do poor Suzanne Rogers in. Isn't she used to about 12 episodes a year?

by Anonymousreply 224June 22, 2023 11:03 PM

Jason Cook and the love cage!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225June 22, 2023 11:36 PM

Who did the cage first? Jan and Shawn D on DAYS, or Ogilvie Home Perm and Brad on Y&R?

by Anonymousreply 226June 23, 2023 10:26 AM

R226 Stefano had Marlena locked in a cage underneath Paris (!) in 1996!

by Anonymousreply 227June 23, 2023 10:39 AM

R225 who is that hottie with Belle at the start of that video?

Jan looks like the killer from Urban Legend

by Anonymousreply 228June 23, 2023 10:40 AM

R228, that’s Kyle Brandt, a REAL WORLD alum who took over the part of Philip when Jay Kenneth Johnson declined to play the role. He was decent considering he was known from a reality show.

Brandt talks about DAYS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229June 23, 2023 11:23 AM

I think that was the original Theo, all grown up, today on Days.

by Anonymousreply 230June 23, 2023 11:39 AM

So Talia gets a pass. On everything. Because emotional abuse?

by Anonymousreply 231June 23, 2023 12:52 PM

Fake Theo today was kind of amusing.

by Anonymousreply 232June 23, 2023 2:38 PM

R229 he was hot! Kenneth was handsome as a young man during the Last Blast years but I always found Shawn D sexier. I also confused Jan with Mimi, the girl whose family lost their money.

by Anonymousreply 233June 23, 2023 2:53 PM

DOOL!

by Anonymousreply 234June 26, 2023 11:43 PM

Lowder gets a new gig.

Not sure why he's qualified to be a news anchor, though.

I suppose it's just one of those morning "let's goof-around and make fraus" laugh positions.

He can now be moved from the DL "soap actors who are ..." threads to the DL "news anchor who are ... " threads. LOOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235June 27, 2023 1:55 AM

Good for him. I just added KTVN to my Roku so I can check him out next week. He can't be worse than most of the morning anchors (I'm talking to you, Richmond, VA).

by Anonymousreply 236June 27, 2023 9:39 AM

Remember that dumb storyline where Brady and Marlena feuded upon his return as a teen in 2000? She thought he tried to kill Belle on the rail track. What caused that and how was it resolved? Seemed out of character for Doc..

by Anonymousreply 237June 27, 2023 12:42 PM

Lani is supposedly coming back next week. I always liked the idea of Lani but HATE the Paulina retcon

by Anonymousreply 238June 27, 2023 12:44 PM

Pseudo Theo (aka Jerry) is the definition of fey.

by Anonymousreply 239June 27, 2023 12:44 PM

R239 Fey? Which definition since there is more than one lol

by Anonymousreply 240June 27, 2023 1:02 PM

r240

He looks like he would dial a phone with a pencil

by Anonymousreply 241June 27, 2023 1:08 PM

Reading on Daytime Royalty, some of these storylines are hatched to cover for new contracts and reduced episode guarantees.

Apparently, that's why Kate was "dead" and missing longer than the other two: Koslow's new contract had her eps lowered.

Apparently, Belle and Shawn leave again soon. Probably "rehab" in South Africa or Hong Kong.

The Megan actress teased on Facebook that there might be a happy resolution to the depressing Bope situation soon.

by Anonymousreply 242June 27, 2023 1:13 PM

Why did Kristin Storms leave as Belle?

by Anonymousreply 243June 27, 2023 1:24 PM

I am Bawlina's total lack of emotional control.

by Anonymousreply 244June 27, 2023 1:27 PM

R241 😆 well that means he's in the same company with the two adult Theo's. Kyler's still a cutie though.

by Anonymousreply 245June 27, 2023 2:15 PM

[quote] Why did Kristin Storms leave as Belle?

Because GH had a better craft services table.

by Anonymousreply 246June 27, 2023 2:21 PM

R243 From what I recall, she was so popular in those Zenon movies, which were part of a Disney franchise from 1999-2004, that ABC-Disney/Brian Frons wanted to secure her a spot on GH as Maxie. Not sure if you watch GH, however there was a child actress, Robyn Richards, who continued playing Maxie as a teen. They replaced Robyn with Danica Stewart, which created an uproar since fans watched Robyn grow up on-screen, so they were upset that she was fired in favor of Danica, who many thought was terrible in the role. Danica was fired after having faced all of that backlash from fans and Robyn was rehired, only as a way to appease the fans. ABC-Disney along with Brian Frons were still dissatisfied with Robyn in the role, so when they were able to land Kirsten, there was hardly any backlash, if any at all, based off of her popularity from Zenon and DAYS.

by Anonymousreply 247June 27, 2023 2:28 PM

Please let me know what Marlena has been up to since she returned from the dead for the 15th time? Is she back at work caring for the troubled souls of Salem?

by Anonymousreply 248June 27, 2023 2:28 PM

Theo is Abe's *son* and yet he has to humor and babysit some hysterical fool who's only known Abe for a couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 249June 27, 2023 2:34 PM

Ron Carlivati is so mad that the writers are on strike. He was about to reveal his plans to give Marlena a split personality, Darlena.

When Darlena comes out, on goes the red wig. John will find out about Darlena's existence when he goes to the local hooker bar and sees Marlena/Darlena selling cooch there.....

by Anonymousreply 250June 27, 2023 2:55 PM

R243 Forgot that there was a year gap in between her exiting DAYS (2004) and joining GH (2005). She had her sights set on prime-time and possibly films which played into her reasons for quitting as Belle. She had a pilot for CBS that was picked up, however it was cancelled and after that happened, ABC-Disney/Brian Frons ended up hiring her as Maxie. Back then, the networks used to compete for popular actors from several shows; one reason was holding out hope that their fanbase would follow. Kristian Alfonso was approached by GH for a role prior to her big return as Hope in the 90's; one rumor was that it was possibly for recast mafia princess/mob villainess Jennifer Smith (which ended up being played by Roseanne Arnold, then Sally Struthers, in short-term guest stints, after being originated by Lisa Marie in the 80's. Holly Gagnier was the most recent actress to play her), Kristian, however, felt that the role they were offering wasn't for her, so she went back to DAYS.

by Anonymousreply 251June 27, 2023 2:59 PM

Did any of you guys like Sheri Anderson's storytelling?

by Anonymousreply 252June 27, 2023 3:10 PM

Who wrote original recipe Marlena and Roman in 1982? I like that person.

JER my fave.

Then Ron.

Then MarDar.

Then equally hate Hogan Sheffer, Dena Higley, and the two gays who made Will have sex with Gabi in their first episode after MarDar were fired, AFTER Will was out and proud.

by Anonymousreply 253June 27, 2023 3:32 PM

Add Josh Griffith to the HATE pile with Jigsaw Grandpa and Rapist Cole.

by Anonymousreply 254June 27, 2023 3:33 PM

TomSell, those are the gays I hate.

by Anonymousreply 255June 27, 2023 3:33 PM

Bawlina hyperventilates so much, maybe she should be on one of those portable oxygen tanks.

by Anonymousreply 256June 27, 2023 4:14 PM

R253 That was Sheri, with Margaret DePriest from April '82. Pat Falken Smith was still hw up until then; she was who introduced Roman.

by Anonymousreply 257June 27, 2023 4:27 PM

R253 Pat Falken Smith Oct. 1981-Apr. 1982, Sheri Anderson/Margaret DePriest Apr. 1982-Sept.1984 (Sheri stayed on with Thom Racina, then Leah Laiman as co-headwriters until Nov. 1986; she was hw again either solely or with a co-hw from June 1992-Apr 1993, with James E. Reilly as her last co-hw partner before he was there on his own)

by Anonymousreply 258June 27, 2023 4:35 PM

R254 Jigsaw Grandpa? Lololol

by Anonymousreply 259June 27, 2023 4:43 PM

KA also returned to Days because they offered her an insane deal. It wasn't as good as Dee's in 91, but it was still above and beyond compared to other soap actors at the time. Someone on Twitter mentioned KA's 94 deal as also the beginning of the KA/DH one-sided feud, because DH doesn't seem to engage to make it a true feud.

by Anonymousreply 260June 27, 2023 4:51 PM

and didn't Brady off handedly say something that even jigsaw grandpa was a false origin?

by Anonymousreply 261June 27, 2023 4:56 PM

Pat Falken Smith is the one who created both the DiMera and the Brady families.

by Anonymousreply 262June 27, 2023 4:56 PM

R260 Right that's another reason the deal with GH didn't go through imo since they weren't willing to match the offer from DAYS.

by Anonymousreply 263June 27, 2023 5:20 PM

Wait is Jigsaw Grandpa John's father, that whole backstory?

by Anonymousreply 264June 27, 2023 5:21 PM

R262 If I'm not mistaken, she also created the Cassadine's on GH, who were somewhat of a precursor to the DiMera's, in between her DAYS stints.

by Anonymousreply 265June 27, 2023 5:24 PM

Yes, Pat Falken Smith also created the Cassadines at GH.

She is also the one who convinced Thaao Penghlis to jump from GH, where he played Victor Cassadine to Days where he plays Tony DiMera.

While GH had killed off (or rather frozen) both Tony and Mikkos Cassadine at the end of the Ice Princess saga, they had left Victor alive. Gloria Monty intended to bring Victor back to town as an ongoing adversary for Luke.

But then Thaao went to Days, so Victor stayed off camera until 2015, when Thaao reprised the character.

by Anonymousreply 266June 27, 2023 5:37 PM

R266 Nice soap opera history lesson lol thanks. Did you catch Charles Shaughnessy's turn as Victor? I remember Thaao's return (facilitated by Ron back then) and since the headwriters were different, Victor was more integral to several storylines this time, similarly to how you described the intentions were for him to be an adversary to Luke in the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 267June 27, 2023 6:09 PM

r264

I assumed the jigsaw grandpa comment at r254 was referring to John's father storyline with Paul

by Anonymousreply 268June 27, 2023 6:28 PM

I'm a little bit over 50, so probably older than most of you. I actually remember when the Dimeras first showed up in Salem. Stefano's first obsession was with Julie, believe it or not. They were dark and shadowy, but not coo coo crazy - yet. Then they brought on Petrov and Nurse Honeycutt and then the real fun began. Tony was darker and at one time married to Liz who wanted out of the marriage.

by Anonymousreply 269June 27, 2023 8:02 PM

R268 Thanks lol

by Anonymousreply 270June 27, 2023 8:15 PM

R269 I couldn't get past Stefano being obsessed with Julie lololol jkjk I know she was actually driving a lot of story back in her day. Their obsession with her wasn't exactly years long like his with Marlena, right

by Anonymousreply 271June 27, 2023 8:22 PM

Stay away from SoapCentral unless you like arguing with low IQ Talia and Bawlina stans.

by Anonymousreply 272June 27, 2023 9:05 PM

Julie was the lead of the show for a long time. She was like a somewhat softer version of Sami. Basically Susan Martin and Laura were the leads and Julie was the bad girl, but that slowly changed once she met Doug.

by Anonymousreply 273June 27, 2023 9:52 PM

They probably had Stefano interested in Julie at first, because they didn't want him chasing after teenager Marlena.

by Anonymousreply 274June 27, 2023 10:27 PM

This is the first I'm hearing Alfonso had animosity towards Dee Dee Halls! How so?

by Anonymousreply 275June 28, 2023 9:03 AM

Seniors like Alfonso are often jealous of popular ingenues like Dee.

by Anonymousreply 276June 28, 2023 9:39 AM

Hope never really had that many great storylines whereas Dee had

Twin sister imposter

Baby DJ dying

Salem Stranger stalking her

Roman/John and affairs

Dramatic return from a coma

Possession

Lady in a cage

Secret room with Kristen

Salem Stalker

Hattie Adams

Repossession

by Anonymousreply 277June 28, 2023 10:00 AM

Rehabilitating New BFF Ben Weston

by Anonymousreply 278June 28, 2023 1:02 PM

Helping gay Will come out including taking him dancing at "The Spot"

by Anonymousreply 279June 28, 2023 1:16 PM

Dee also managed to do what KA could not do. Generate major popularity with multiple love interests. No one has ever accepted Hope with anyone, except Bo. Marlena had Don in the 70s. Roman in the 80s. John in the 90s+

by Anonymousreply 280June 28, 2023 1:18 PM

Marlena is also instantly recognisable as an iconic soap character. Hope is just pretty and famous for BOPE

by Anonymousreply 281June 28, 2023 1:24 PM

People recognize Deidre, even those who don't watch soaps.

KA - not so much.

by Anonymousreply 282June 28, 2023 1:30 PM

Tripp and Wendy's Jenga date was amazing.

So nice to have an episode today that's free of Bonnie and Bawlina and Nurse Whitley.

by Anonymousreply 283June 28, 2023 1:31 PM

[quote]This is the first I'm hearing Alfonso had animosity towards Dee Dee Halls! How so?

She cuts Dee out of pictures. When she was giving her exit interviews she had nice things to say about almost everyone on the cast - except Dee. She put up her return to the show promo on her social media and cut out the opening bit where it showed Dee. I think I just touched on a few. Twitter had a whole long list of things.

by Anonymousreply 284June 28, 2023 1:33 PM

Imagine being as comfortable in your own place as Deidre, not even giving a thought to KA's shenanigans.

Imagine Reckle hating KA so much that he didn't mention her or Hope at all when talking about possibly returning to the show in the future, only mentioning the Ciara actress.

by Anonymousreply 285June 28, 2023 1:40 PM

[QUOTE] She cuts Dee out of pictures.

MARY!! So who is the true cunt here? Alfonso or Hall?

by Anonymousreply 286June 28, 2023 1:47 PM

[quote]So who is the true cunt here? Alfonso or Hall?

Alfonso is a 60 year old woman cutting people out of pictures. I think your question answers itself.

by Anonymousreply 287June 28, 2023 1:50 PM

Well played R287

by Anonymousreply 288June 28, 2023 1:53 PM

Alfonso was never the star of Days like she thought she was. Queen Bee was Queen Dee then Alison Sweeney

by Anonymousreply 289June 28, 2023 3:43 PM

[quote] I actually remember when the Dimeras first showed up in Salem. Stefano's first obsession was with Julie, believe it or not. They were dark and shadowy, but not coo coo crazy - yet.

I remember this too. It was definitely an attempt to channel some of that same vibe GH had with international intrigue to DAYS, but at that time it had more levels to it. The Dimeras were a shot in the arm for DAYS, and the success of that change led to DAYS really embracing the action/adventure kind of vibe. But before the whole supercouple vibe ate the show, it was still somewhat grounded in reality.

It was around the time of the second or third death of Stefano that he just became a total cartoon.

by Anonymousreply 290June 28, 2023 4:04 PM

KA also had a serious bitchfight with Crystal Chappell.

She messed with the wrong bitch with CC though, because Crystal (unlike Dee) gave as good as she got.

by Anonymousreply 291June 28, 2023 4:06 PM

Why do I get the feeling that Drake Hogestyn is probably a real prima donna and a Mary to work with?

Is it just because I dislike John Black, am I onto something?

by Anonymousreply 292June 28, 2023 4:10 PM

[QUOTE] Alfonso was never the star of Days like she thought she was. Queen Bee was Queen Dee then Alison Sweeney

I don't consider her a star either. However I do think she is one of the few people with whom a recast would not be accepted. KA too much affiliated with the character at this point.

by Anonymousreply 293June 28, 2023 4:14 PM

Drake is as easy-going as can be, from all accounts.

by Anonymousreply 294June 28, 2023 4:15 PM

OK then it is just me and my aversion for John Black.

by Anonymousreply 295June 28, 2023 4:17 PM

I wonder if KA was difficult right from the start? She's been on that show a LONG time. Surprised they would put up with nonsense for 30+ years?

by Anonymousreply 296June 28, 2023 4:18 PM

No, Drake is a pussycat. Everyone loves him. He willing gave up his dressing room with a shower, so that Dee could have it when she returned in 1991. (I'll pause while you all fan yourselves over 1991 Drake showering). People make fun of his acting and he just goes with it. He's as down to earth as you can get.

by Anonymousreply 297June 28, 2023 4:18 PM

Drake happily have up his dressing room complete with private crapper when Dee made her triumphant return to the show in 91!

by Anonymousreply 298June 28, 2023 4:19 PM

Dee and Drake are both much loved by their fellow cast members as being professional, supportive of others, relaxed and caring about the show

by Anonymousreply 299June 28, 2023 4:23 PM

Drake is a hot, hairy guy with a huge penis and no acting talent. He fell into a pile of gold and has been paid to lift his eyebrows for 30+ years. Of course he's as mellow as fuck. What could be possibly be worried about?

by Anonymousreply 300June 28, 2023 4:25 PM

[quote]I wonder if KA was difficult right from the start? She's been on that show a LONG time. Surprised they would put up with nonsense for 30+ years?

She got the ball rolling that lead to RKK's firing. RKK didn't do himself any favors, but KA also didn't like that RKK and Lisa Rinna had more chemistry. She got the guy who played Franco fired and she got Jeff Griggs fired when it came out that he did gay porn. Crystal Chappel is wacky, but she didn't start the mess with KA and also got booted - which up-ended a planned 2 year storyline.

by Anonymousreply 301June 28, 2023 4:25 PM

[quote] Why do I get the feeling that Drake Hogestyn is probably a real prima donna and a Mary to work with? Is it just because I dislike John Black, am I onto something?

R292, from everything I read about him, he's a team player, all-around good guy and knows his station in life...

by Anonymousreply 302June 28, 2023 4:27 PM

KA and Lisa Rinna disliked each other from the word go but they put their beef aside long enough to bring RKK down.

I think RKK and Lisa fucked around and it didn't end well. Then RKK chased after that young actress on the show who was all of 17, and that icked both KA and LR (among others) out big time.

by Anonymousreply 303June 28, 2023 4:27 PM

Crystal Chappell is a lunatic. She gave as good as she got with KA.

Remember her defending Reeves' hateful Twitter post about going to Chik-Fil-A on the boycott day circa 2012 because of the anti-gay policies? Reeves specifically went to CFA that day and said, "It tastes SO GOOD!" And CC defended her.

She got schooled good by Greg Rikaart, and deleted her defending Tweets.

Hate, hate, HATE CC.

by Anonymousreply 304June 28, 2023 4:30 PM

by Anonymousreply 305June 28, 2023 4:30 PM

One thing I heard about RKK was that he would do love scenes naked. I always wondered if that was true or just legend.

[quote]Then RKK chased after that young actress on the show who was all of 17

They're still married and I think RKK is now a pilot and does guest stints from time to time. I liked his take on Bo. Incredibly sexy. But he and KA did not have the same kind of chemistry that he had with Lisa Rinna.

by Anonymousreply 306June 28, 2023 4:35 PM

RKK was so fucking hot it was insane. He was the only Bo I ever liked. Peter Reckell looks like a hairy rodent.

by Anonymousreply 307June 28, 2023 4:39 PM

I mean

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308June 28, 2023 5:01 PM

Ron brought RKK back to GH a few years back when he was writing it.

Silver Daddy RKK was as HOT as ever!

by Anonymousreply 309June 28, 2023 5:05 PM

Was RKK good as Bo?

by Anonymousreply 310June 28, 2023 5:05 PM

He was. He fit in nicely - but there were some Bope fans that even before KA's return just couldn't accept him.

by Anonymousreply 311June 28, 2023 5:06 PM

I thought so R310. His Bo was edgier and sexier.

by Anonymousreply 312June 28, 2023 5:07 PM

He seems taller and better looking than Reckell

by Anonymousreply 313June 28, 2023 5:11 PM

Something about Reckell's voice always bugged me. It had an Eddie Haskell sound to it.

When RKK spoke with that deep voice, my dick woke UP.

by Anonymousreply 314June 28, 2023 5:16 PM

[QUOTE] One thing I heard about RKK was that he would do love scenes naked. I always wondered if that was true or just legend.

And he was known to fart loudly on set during those scenes. That led to his ouster.

by Anonymousreply 315June 28, 2023 5:16 PM

Kristin Alfonso also had issues with Bill Hayes and Susan Seaforth Hayes. At least for a while.

I think the better question is this: Is there anyone on Days who Kristin A is/was genuinely friends with?

by Anonymousreply 316June 28, 2023 5:22 PM

[Quote] And he was known to fart loudly on set during those scenes. That led to his ouster.

R315 just like you.

by Anonymousreply 317June 28, 2023 5:23 PM

Of course, the soap poop troll/clogged toilets troll/snatches eaten troll had to waddle out of its cave to post more nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 318June 28, 2023 5:25 PM

KA still seems friendly with the Hayes, which is pretty amazing given how effusive they are about Deidre.

by Anonymousreply 319June 28, 2023 5:38 PM

KA is infamous for being the actress who killed Falcon Crest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320June 28, 2023 6:36 PM

Did Kristian have implants?

by Anonymousreply 321June 28, 2023 6:47 PM

Dimitri looked really good today. Plus I am so tired of presumed dead stories on this show.

by Anonymousreply 322June 29, 2023 1:44 AM

He looked extra hot today.

by Anonymousreply 323June 29, 2023 1:55 AM

meow

by Anonymousreply 324June 29, 2023 2:24 AM

R277 That's a lengthy list of top stories lmao surely you can throw Kristian a bone and come up with a list about half that long. Disappearing over a vat of acid, Maison Blanche, Princess Gina, baby Zack are probably not enough to compare, just what I came up with off the top of my head.

by Anonymousreply 325June 29, 2023 4:25 AM

R287 😂 😂 😂

by Anonymousreply 326June 29, 2023 4:25 AM

Can anyone recall why Kristian detested working with Lorenzo Lamas while they were on Falcon Crest?

by Anonymousreply 327June 29, 2023 4:27 AM

R314 Which guys in Salem make your dick wake UP these days? 😁

by Anonymousreply 328June 29, 2023 4:34 AM

That's funny you guys mentioned that about Crystal Chappell, for one of her "best friends" about 20 years ago was an openly gay guy named Craig, so I wonder how he felt about that.

by Anonymousreply 329June 29, 2023 4:36 AM

R316 Maybe herself? 😁 😁 well Eli working with Hope could've helped for she seemed to be pretty close with Lamon Archey.

by Anonymousreply 330June 29, 2023 4:42 AM

She's still close with Alison isn't she, forgot to mention her. Actually Alison could possibly be the closest to her, iirc

by Anonymousreply 331June 29, 2023 4:47 AM

MAGA Alfonso???

by Anonymousreply 332June 29, 2023 6:10 AM

Calliope Jones! Played by the wonderful Arleen Sorkin (who is married to TV writer/producer Christopher Lloyd, who I'm sure is absolutely loaded). I fucking love 1980s "Days" & "Another World".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333June 29, 2023 6:56 AM

R328 I don't know about R314 but for me it's the thought of Chandler Massey with his boxer-briefs around his ankles and getting his beautiful hole eaten out

by Anonymousreply 334June 29, 2023 7:03 AM

R334 Beautiful description 😁 are you visualizing yourself eating Chandler out or just anyone as long as it's eaten?

by Anonymousreply 335June 29, 2023 11:05 AM

Now that I think of it, isn't this situation with Deidre/Kristian somewhat comparable to the Britney Spears/Christina Aguilera "feud" in the 90's/00's? Deidre = Britney/Kristian = Christina, where Britney barely acknowledged her or the feud while being oblivious to it, whereas Christina took every opportunity to pretty much publicly show her disdain for Britney, which alot of ppl took as jealousy on Christina's part in regards to Britney's career. Even though Christina had a popular career of her own, with her own huge fan base, it wasn't exactly on the same level as Britney's, which seemed to bother Christina.

by Anonymousreply 336June 29, 2023 11:14 AM

R335 I think today is my turn, licking his balls and playing with his ass. And his feets

by Anonymousreply 337June 29, 2023 11:27 AM

Watched today's show. I'm not sure who keeps pushing this Wendy character. She's not interesting and both Johnny and Trip need better love interests.

by Anonymousreply 338June 29, 2023 12:14 PM

R337 Damn you're really freaky 😆

by Anonymousreply 339June 29, 2023 12:14 PM

R339 haha not gonna derail the thread but Chandler is my ideal in terms of looks.

by Anonymousreply 340June 29, 2023 1:16 PM

Chandler is a good choice... I did like Nu Sonny... I could actually imagine Will and Sonny getting it on with the 2 of them

by Anonymousreply 341June 29, 2023 1:20 PM

R339 You're right we shouldn't derail the thread unless you have anything more to add, like your long train heading into Chandler's station 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 342June 29, 2023 1:36 PM

R341 You're imagining yourself getting it on with both of them, or just the two of them actually together irl?

by Anonymousreply 343June 29, 2023 1:38 PM

Johnny and Tripp both need to dump Wendy and get together and become a super couple.

by Anonymousreply 344June 29, 2023 2:40 PM

Crystal C was/is no angel. She apparently stirred up a lot of shit at GL. But I'd still pick her over Skeletor Alfonso.

by Anonymousreply 345June 29, 2023 2:56 PM

Megan wins the day again. She's sees Kate and says, "Do I smell fish?"

by Anonymousreply 346June 30, 2023 1:13 PM

How did Marlena become a Psychiatrist at 23?

by Anonymousreply 347June 30, 2023 1:25 PM

Don't they hate each other?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348June 30, 2023 2:05 PM

Susan Hayes has only openly disliked three people on Days. Kaye Stevens, Brenda Benet, and Charlotte Ross. She and Dee have always been friendly.

by Anonymousreply 349June 30, 2023 2:18 PM

R348 fuck is that filtered? Dee could pass for mid-50s but I like that she's gone grey

by Anonymousreply 350June 30, 2023 2:42 PM

Did it ever get physical on set between Kristian Alfonso & Crystal Chappell, similarly to the "rumored" fight between Robert Kelker-Kelly & Michael Sabatino?

by Anonymousreply 351June 30, 2023 3:17 PM

[quote]similarly to the "rumored" fight between Robert Kelker-Kelly & Michael Sabatino?

Fight? Never heard those two got into a fight.

Details please!

by Anonymousreply 352June 30, 2023 5:09 PM

Did anyone ever read the old gossip section at Daytime Royalty?

Apparently, Peter Reckell and Jason Brooks both did at least one gay-for-pay sex scene (not with each other) at the beginnings of their career. I think it was hinted that PR was even bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 353June 30, 2023 5:23 PM

R352 *Allegedly* Robert Kelker-Kelly sexually harassed Crystal Chappelle, she told her man, Michael Sabatino, who in turn *allegedly* beat up RKK, which played into Michael's firing/Crystal quitting, even though the stories that were given to the media in terms of their exits were "storyline-dictated" or "budget cuts" in order to free up money for others contracts, or Crystal being unhappy with JER's writing for Carly.

by Anonymousreply 354June 30, 2023 6:27 PM

R353 Didn't get it from there, yet heard those tidbits as well. Supposedly, Peter Reckell's PR team were able to "scrub" any evidence of those scenes.

by Anonymousreply 355June 30, 2023 6:29 PM

My spell check automatically defaults to Chapelle instead of Chappell, hence the typo at R354

by Anonymousreply 356June 30, 2023 6:32 PM

Even though this is a Days thread, has anyone heard of any issues RKK had during his two separate stints on AW or GH? Also, if it was during the MeToo era when he was on Days, I'm wondering if he would've been vilified by the press, or if they would've ignored it since he's a "soap actor."

by Anonymousreply 357June 30, 2023 6:38 PM

No way flabby cuckold-to-a-lesbian Sabatino could beat up jacked RKK.

by Anonymousreply 358June 30, 2023 6:39 PM

Going after underage girls, sexually harassing co-stars, insisting on doing scenes completely nude.

RKK may have been sexy as hell, but sounds like a total mess too.

by Anonymousreply 359June 30, 2023 6:41 PM

[quote]No way flabby cuckold-to-a-lesbian Sabatino could beat up jacked RKK.

But this was 1993 and Sabatino was still in good shape then.

by Anonymousreply 360June 30, 2023 6:41 PM

I wonder about actors like Sabatino and Chappell, and how they earn a living, They've had no regular work in years. (And there's no way those lesbian web soaps pay). They must've made serious bank way back when.

by Anonymousreply 361June 30, 2023 6:50 PM

😆 ironically, when I first heard about it, I thought the same thing R358 then on second thought, I leaned towards R360

by Anonymousreply 362June 30, 2023 6:56 PM

R359 Very much so, a very sexy hot mess 😂 the original R. Kelly

by Anonymousreply 363June 30, 2023 6:58 PM

Amateur! I got my blows in and kept my job!

by Anonymousreply 364June 30, 2023 7:00 PM

R361 Soap actors (well some of them) from my understanding would invest their money on the off chance that their soap careers would come to a conclusion, so they had safety nets to fall back on.

by Anonymousreply 365June 30, 2023 7:01 PM

RKK was 29 and Miriam Parrish was 17. A 12 age difference was seen as nothing back then.

by Anonymousreply 366June 30, 2023 7:04 PM

Then you had the ones who would go broke or would have to take other soap jobs to earn a living when their moves to primetime and/or the big screen didn't go as planned. Then some end up selling real estate as others have mentioned, whereas their peers would invest in real estate.

by Anonymousreply 367June 30, 2023 7:04 PM

R359 = Frau.

by Anonymousreply 368June 30, 2023 7:08 PM

Sabatino is 68 so he's collecting Social Security and his SAG Pension.

There is something else a lot of people don't realize. A lot of actors come from family money. I'm not saying that all of them do, but you'd be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 369June 30, 2023 7:15 PM

R369 Right he's collecting both, however I think R361 was referring to the ones who aren't of age to receive benefits and are pretty much out of work soap actors.

To your point, yes there are soap actors who do come from money and/or have family businesses to fall back on. Then there are those who marry into money, like Farah Fath 😆

by Anonymousreply 370June 30, 2023 7:36 PM

R348 Dee was just at Bill & Susan's place within the last day, calling it a most delicious afternoon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371June 30, 2023 7:37 PM

e371

who is the other guy? He looks familiar

by Anonymousreply 372June 30, 2023 7:39 PM

Johnny forgot that Stephanie is his cousin it seems in today's ep

by Anonymousreply 373June 30, 2023 7:50 PM

R371 I thought Alice Horton was dead?!

by Anonymousreply 374June 30, 2023 7:54 PM

How in hell does Dee Dee look that good at 76! R376

by Anonymousreply 375June 30, 2023 7:55 PM

Dee got small nips and tucks early and often so she subverted natural aging.

by Anonymousreply 376June 30, 2023 8:09 PM

From earlier this week ... Queen Dee loves her King Rob.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377June 30, 2023 8:09 PM

R372 The other guy is Scott McKinsey, one of the directors of LOOL! He's also the son of the late, daytime soap actress, Beverlee McKinsey. God I hope I don't wake up the P&G queens.

by Anonymousreply 378June 30, 2023 8:30 PM

I have hated BMcK for 31 years this Summer.

by Anonymousreply 379June 30, 2023 8:38 PM

Look at that chemistry at R377! .. It would be nice to see Marlena moved into storyline with her own generation for a change.

by Anonymousreply 380June 30, 2023 8:50 PM

RSW is SO gorgeous......

by Anonymousreply 381June 30, 2023 8:58 PM

Someone needs to pull his trunks down all the way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382July 4, 2023 2:45 AM

R382 who's that?

by Anonymousreply 383July 4, 2023 8:45 AM

Is that Beemer?

by Anonymousreply 384July 4, 2023 11:47 AM

Monday's episode was great. The engagement party was very late 80's Santa Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 385July 4, 2023 4:43 PM

Yes, that Beemer.

by Anonymousreply 386July 4, 2023 5:32 PM

“that’s”

by Anonymousreply 387July 4, 2023 5:33 PM

Fuck Jackee is a BAD actress

by Anonymousreply 388July 4, 2023 5:54 PM

She's awful on Days, but I don't think she's a "bad" actress. I just don't think that soaps can offer her the direction and rehearsal time she needs to do better work.

by Anonymousreply 389July 4, 2023 5:59 PM

I did like the Dynasty reference though

by Anonymousreply 390July 4, 2023 6:04 PM

Jackée

by Anonymousreply 391July 5, 2023 5:11 AM

I literally laughed out loud at the credits of Body and Soul... kudos DOOL writers

by Anonymousreply 392July 5, 2023 5:36 PM

Jackee Harry is the new Bonnie Franklin!

by Anonymousreply 393July 5, 2023 5:38 PM

r393

by Anonymousreply 394July 5, 2023 5:48 PM

R394

by Anonymousreply 395July 5, 2023 5:49 PM

r395

by Anonymousreply 396July 5, 2023 5:51 PM

Has Marlena slapped anyone lately, followed by her signature gasp?

by Anonymousreply 397July 5, 2023 9:16 PM

"Body & Soul" was the working title of "Manhattan Lives" back in the early 1990's 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 398July 6, 2023 3:16 AM

Abe's story is starting to feel like Misery...complete with crazy Nurse Whitley. I wonder who is behind this whole story.

by Anonymousreply 399July 6, 2023 10:17 AM

Any recent special guest appearances for Greg Vaughn's nipples or undies?

by Anonymousreply 400July 6, 2023 11:16 AM

The credits on B&S yesterday were DAYS actors' characters on other soaps, right? I caught "Tucker McCall" from Y&R (Steve). The others looked familiar.

by Anonymousreply 401July 6, 2023 12:11 PM

Yes, R401,

"Margo Linley" was Lauren Koslow's character's name on the Bold and the Beautiful.

"Jessie Witherspoon" was Deidre Hall's character's name on "Our House". Too bad she wasn't credited as Electra Woman.

"Brian McFadden" was Drake Hogestyn's character's name on "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"

by Anonymousreply 402July 6, 2023 3:04 PM

And "Katherine Bell" was the role Mary Beth Evans played on General Hospital.

by Anonymousreply 403July 6, 2023 3:16 PM

Well what everyone has been predicting finally happened today. The look on Leo's face was priceless.

Also, I am tired of Eric just skulking around looking pained all the freaking time. Please give Greg Vaughan something interesting to do, preferably with Sloan and not that hag Nicole.

by Anonymousreply 404July 7, 2023 1:40 PM

I hate drag queen Sloan.

Let Eric and Nicole have their HEA and leave Salem with Holly and their new spawn.

by Anonymousreply 405July 7, 2023 1:46 PM

I know Ron is married to a man, but is he really bisexual?

He gets rid of the actual gay characters, and the only same-sex interaction happens with all of these bisexual characters. Bisexuality is even shown to be superior to heterosexuality because all of these straight women flip the switch at merely being in the presence of another woman.

Why is Ron pushing this bisexuality shit so hard?

by Anonymousreply 406July 7, 2023 10:44 PM

Has Ron ever said he is bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 407July 7, 2023 10:47 PM

Ron comes off like a gold-star gay.

And let's not forget, he's really into the drag scene.

by Anonymousreply 408July 7, 2023 10:52 PM

Then why is he promoting bisexuality nonstop?

by Anonymousreply 409July 7, 2023 10:56 PM

Some things come late to American daytime, so perhaps Carlivati is taking the opportunity to showcase "dont-put-a-label-on-it-fluidity" at this point.

Dmitri kissing Leo. LOOL!

by Anonymousreply 410July 7, 2023 11:18 PM

promo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411July 7, 2023 11:19 PM

R406 R409 Pretty sure you're the same guy lol but to answer your question(s) it's more along the lines of what R410 said, he's writing bisexual/sexually fluid characters primarily for a more current audience, in regards to younger viewers. Soaps have had gay and lesbian characters however there have only been a handful of actual bisexual characters, and they are few and far between, so this is a way to write for a more modern audience. Also, there's the possibility that these ideas aren't solely his and were merely suggested to him, which he ended up running with. Chad not wanting to fully commit to DOOL and the refusal to break up WilSon, along with a refusal to recast Will again, has hindered Sonny so that's why he's pretty much pigeonholed storyline-wise. And there's still gay characters around since Leo is there; who knows, he might add more fully gay guys again down the line.

by Anonymousreply 412July 7, 2023 11:45 PM

R404 Eric has the art of moping down to perfection. I agree he is much better with Sloane than with Nicole.

by Anonymousreply 413July 7, 2023 11:46 PM

R413.

by Anonymousreply 414July 7, 2023 11:47 PM

R412 is probably the Bisexual Superiority Troll anyway.

I find it homophobic that two straight women become bisexual just by being in the vicinity of Chanel. That’s anti-gay.

by Anonymousreply 415July 7, 2023 11:49 PM

I somewhat agree with this. It does seem like Talia is now interested in Chanel. WTF? We all called the Dimitri thing and I'm okay with a Dimitri/Gwen/Leo story, but even that is too much.

I don't like saying this, but I'm looking forward to Sheri Anderson's material. I've been supportive of Ron's writing, but I need a break from it. To perfectly honest, I think the entire show needs a reset.

by Anonymousreply 416July 7, 2023 11:56 PM

Now if only Derrick could return and finish the job of seducing Eric and getting him in touch with his fluidity.

by Anonymousreply 417July 8, 2023 12:00 AM

I just realized I referred to Chandler as Chad at R412 I had thought of Billy Flynn earlier so that could be why

by Anonymousreply 418July 8, 2023 12:32 AM

R415 Dude WTF are you even talking about, I barely mention anything about bisexuality on here. Some of you guys are so easily offended and quick to accuse someone of being a troll. I was just trying to provide some sort of insight into why Ron has bisexual/sexually fluid characters running through Salem. I'm also not anti-gay btw actually far from it.

by Anonymousreply 419July 8, 2023 12:34 AM

But you ARE a bisexual, thrilled that Ron is promoting and propping up your chosen lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 420July 8, 2023 12:37 AM

R419 ‘s “You guys” = “Bitchy Gays.”

So homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 421July 8, 2023 12:39 AM

R416 Only thing about that is, it won't be until January when you're able to see any material that isn't Ron's.

by Anonymousreply 422July 8, 2023 12:40 AM

R420 Wrong lol I'm not "a bisexual" fuckin weirdo

by Anonymousreply 423July 8, 2023 12:43 AM

R421 Nah that's not what I meant by that so ridiculous. "Bitchy gays" isn't even a term I use, so stop projecting your own feelings about other guys. And I'm nowhere near homophobic, nice try though.

by Anonymousreply 424July 8, 2023 12:45 AM

Let me know when Tripp and Johnny decide to explore their bisexuality. They can blame Wendy Shin's indecision on which one to choose - so they chose each other.

by Anonymousreply 425July 8, 2023 2:42 AM

Wendy seems like the kind of gal who might bring Tripp and Johnny into the bedroom together and tell them what she wants them to do to each other.

This would be like Corbin Fisher's "Ashley Dominates Dawson and Cain."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426July 8, 2023 2:56 AM

Characters like Wendy on Days and Trina and Joss on GH show how much daytime has changed. Girls with those kinds of looks would have played the best friend or the talk to in the old days. Now they're the young leads.

by Anonymousreply 427July 8, 2023 2:59 AM

Isn't Will meant to be fluid since he managed to get it up for a girl and get her pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 428July 8, 2023 10:25 AM

Fuck off, r428.

Will said immediately after that “I’m not bisexual, I’m gay,” and has reiterated it many times in the 11 years since then.

Always pushing the bisexual agenda here.

by Anonymousreply 429July 8, 2023 11:37 AM

Sorry R429 I know he's gay, I just wanting to imagine him getting it up.

by Anonymousreply 430July 8, 2023 11:39 AM

Fuck off, sicko.

by Anonymousreply 431July 8, 2023 11:42 AM

This should prompt some nifty.org stories

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432July 9, 2023 10:40 PM

R425 There's definitely a "Ditch the Bitch and Make the Switch" storyline here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433July 9, 2023 10:52 PM

Happy 80th birthday to top-billed Suzanne Rogers.

Hugs - the much younger Dee Dee Halls

by Anonymousreply 434July 9, 2023 11:27 PM

Why are the Dimera tunnels still open? Security risk. What happened to Henderson?

by Anonymousreply 435July 9, 2023 11:29 PM

Isn't Henderson the butler at Victor's house? I think Harold works at the Dimeras... Have we ever seen wither of them?

by Anonymousreply 436July 9, 2023 11:32 PM

R436 Yes, on both accounts.

Harold has been played by actor, Julian Barnes, and Henderson has been played by actor, Ron Leath.

by Anonymousreply 437July 9, 2023 11:47 PM

Thanks, Jason47.

by Anonymousreply 438July 9, 2023 11:51 PM

Harold & Henderson have saved up enough money to retire and open up their little antique shop in the same gayborhood as The Spot. .. Anne Milbauer's queer bookstore is across the street.

by Anonymousreply 439July 9, 2023 11:55 PM

Who was Kate’s Gay assistant?

Chris?

by Anonymousreply 440July 10, 2023 12:05 AM

R438 Hardly. I don't even tune into this mess any longer unless an episode has something gay in it and then watch it at the crazy Russian guy's video blog. LOOL!

I know Julian Barnes more from playing the longtime maitre d' at The Colonnade Room on Y&R for years and years.

by Anonymousreply 441July 10, 2023 1:03 AM

R440 Chris was played by Ross Mathews.

by Anonymousreply 442July 10, 2023 10:09 PM

I thought so!!!!!

He should make a guest appearance.

by Anonymousreply 443July 10, 2023 10:37 PM

Maybe because it's supposed to be somewhat humorous, but I don't get much chemistry between Leo and Dmitri.

Perhaps these two gay buddies in real life are finding it awkward or something.

And sorry, but "DVL" and his so-called "Magic Penis" could do a whole lot better.

by Anonymousreply 444July 11, 2023 5:21 AM

[quote]"DVL" and his so-called "Magic Penis" could do a whole lot better.

What other gay man is currently in town who DVL could do better with?

by Anonymousreply 445July 11, 2023 7:06 AM

That's the point. The trope of putting the "two gay villagers" together is often a forced pairing, because that's all there is rather than something where we could imagine and/or decide that a couple would be hot together.

by Anonymousreply 446July 11, 2023 7:37 AM

They should revisit the idea of "Manhattan Lives" as a companion soap to DOOL. They can draw upon the old storyline ideas and act like the last thirty-something years never happened, sending Dr. Marlena Evans to NY to start her new practice as a vibrant mother, not grandmother or great-grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 447July 11, 2023 2:35 PM

I wish they would do more Beyond Salem episodes. It was an interesting way to push other stories back to the mothership.

by Anonymousreply 448July 11, 2023 2:58 PM

Tripp and Johnny's little faux-fight hug was adorable.

by Anonymousreply 449July 11, 2023 4:43 PM

R448 Only difference now is they've accomplished one of the main goals of Beyond Salem to begin with, which was to get viewers comfortable by watching DOOL in a streaming format, for the eventual move to the Cock permanently.

I see what you mean though, for I wished they would do more primetime episodes before they were sent away from NBC. I liked the whole "Days at Night" concept- One Stormy Night (1992), Night Sins (1993) and Winter Heat (1994)

by Anonymousreply 450July 11, 2023 4:44 PM

Wendy picks Tripp, so Johnny and Talia get together? Another fucking lezzie triangle with Johnny??????

by Anonymousreply 451July 11, 2023 4:45 PM

In regards to "Days at Night" did any of you guys have a favorite out of the primetime specials?

by Anonymousreply 452July 11, 2023 4:47 PM

One Stormy Night was my favorite. Even though Night Sins had John railing Doc on that conference room table.

by Anonymousreply 453July 11, 2023 4:51 PM

R453 wow was there nudity involved?! I had no idea they did primetime episodes!

by Anonymousreply 454July 11, 2023 6:47 PM

I'm not sure if any of you have heard of the British soap Hollyoaks but they did some late night episodes with material that couldn't be allowed on TV before the watershed (9pm). I think the first was depicting the first ever male rape in British soap so it wasn't particularly sexy!

by Anonymousreply 455July 11, 2023 6:50 PM

Tripp and Johnny really should get it on... I was half expecting their wrestling match to end with a kiss

by Anonymousreply 456July 11, 2023 7:22 PM

^^^ And this is when we learn why Tripp is called Corbin Fisher Tripp.

The young man had to support himself somehow when he ran away from home to find his bio-father. And making several videos for the premier gay pron studio of the day was easy money - not to mention, convenient, since they're based in Las Vegas, which is right next to Arizona where Tripp came from.

by Anonymousreply 457July 11, 2023 8:00 PM

Wendy is Extra Sexy. Men falling all over each other to win her heart.

by Anonymousreply 458July 11, 2023 10:11 PM

r458

by Anonymousreply 459July 11, 2023 10:29 PM

Chad Lowe has always seemed like a prissy queen, despite the marriages.

by Anonymousreply 460July 13, 2023 12:16 AM

Maybe during therapy sessions, Marlena can finally lead Shawn-Douglas to accept that's he's gay, much like she did with Will.

by Anonymousreply 461July 14, 2023 5:41 AM

If Marlena incorporated EMDR trauma therapy into her practice she'd have every resident of Salem as a patient

by Anonymousreply 462July 14, 2023 7:43 AM

I really wish I understood the motivations behind Abe's kidnapping story. Why is the nurse obsessed with Abe? Why doesn't the Mayor of Salem have a security detail? I cut Days a lot of slack, mainly because of it's budget, but this writing cannot continue. It's awful. And while Body & Soul is somewhat funny, I'm tired of tongue in cheek on this show - or this writer's version of tongue in cheek.

by Anonymousreply 463July 14, 2023 1:19 PM

[quote]Why is the nurse obsessed with Abe?

I presume we'll start to get that story when Marlena reveals next week that Whitley was a patient of hers.

I did like seeing Sondra Clark(ington) today. And I think Kim Coles has done a good job, it's not easy jumping right into a heavily feature role on a soap when you haven't done it before.

by Anonymousreply 464July 14, 2023 1:46 PM

PIneview made me laugh as well

by Anonymousreply 465July 14, 2023 2:18 PM

Manhattan Lives, lol. Was that actually a concept for a series at one point?

by Anonymousreply 466July 14, 2023 2:21 PM

Yes. When Dee returned in 1991, her contract included a huge salary, movies of the week, and a Days spin off where she would lead and, I assume, get above the title credit. Marlena and Carrie were going to move to New York and Marlena would get involved with a Donald Trump type figure/family.

by Anonymousreply 467July 14, 2023 2:26 PM

[quote] Manhattan Lives, lol. Was that actually a concept for a series at one point?

The concept Marlena ditches John and becomes the new single gal in the city.

She was going to be the Carrie Bradshaw of Daytime. However, unlike SJP, Dee Dee was willing to show tits and beav.

by Anonymousreply 468July 14, 2023 2:27 PM

Evil Chad Lowe is HOT!!!

IS his facial hair real? I hope so!

Chad doesn't seem to have gotten any of that feminizing plastic surgery like Rob.

by Anonymousreply 469July 14, 2023 3:14 PM

I thought today's episode was great.

by Anonymousreply 470July 14, 2023 6:35 PM

John-Paul Lavoisier returns as Philip next month. Maybe for Victor's funeral?

Sorry, I don't have a paid subscription to SOD, so I don't know what the article states.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471July 14, 2023 6:48 PM

This is good news. I think JPL got a bad rap during his last run. I'm not sure what happened to JKJ, but he looked like a mess the last time he was on and just wasn't very good.

by Anonymousreply 472July 14, 2023 6:53 PM

The sod article is not behind a pay wall, you should be able to read it fine

by Anonymousreply 473July 14, 2023 6:57 PM

August also marks the 50th anniversary of Suzanne Rogers first appearance as Maggie.

Hope Ron remembers and does an episode honoring her.

by Anonymousreply 474July 14, 2023 6:58 PM

R467 is that before Wayne agreed to return as Roman?

Did Dee have a short commitment to Days before she was going to leave again?

They should have had her knocked up with Belle in 1991 and not know which Roman was the father

by Anonymousreply 475July 14, 2023 7:00 PM

JPL’s hair was ridiculous and part of what diminished his run.

JKJ spent more than a decade on pot and boozing it up, and gaining lots of weight, along with a Duck Dynasty beard.

He must’ve needed the money, so he shaved and lost weight, but there was something wrong with him.

I also think that the writing for Philip is always detrimental to the character, no matter the writer.

by Anonymousreply 476July 14, 2023 7:01 PM

Wasn't it Josh and Dena who wrote for JPL's Phillip or Whitesell and Tomlin? At least Ron gets JPL.

[quote][R467] is that before Wayne agreed to return as Roman?

Yes. Dee was signed before Wayne was brought back. If I remember correctly it was Dee's idea to reach out to Wayne.

[quote]Did Dee have a short commitment to Days before she was going to leave again?

No. She signed a long term deal with Sony and a development deal with NBC. The combination package was pretty huge for a soap star - at that time.

[quote]They should have had her knocked up with Belle in 1991 and not know which Roman was the father

That was a writer decision. And I think that everyone thought that Marlena and Roman was going to be THE couple, but the chemistry between Dee and Drake couldn't be ignored. That's why Reilly and Anderson developed the affair.

by Anonymousreply 477July 14, 2023 7:07 PM

R471 There's no real article. It's basically just a casting announcement with a three-sentence rehash of when JPL and JKJ have played Phillip.

[quote] John-Paul Lavoisier (ex-Rex, ONE LIFE TO LIVE), who portrayed DAYS’s Philip Kiriakis from 2015-16, will reprise the role next month, Digest can report exclusively. Philip, who is currently presumed dead, was last portrayed by Jay Kenneth Johnson, who returned to the show to appear in the DOOL App spin-off LAST BLAST REUNION in 2019, then to Salem and the main show in 2020. His final episode aired in December 2021, when Philip tried to frame Brady for his murder and Kate secretly sent him away to get treatment.

by Anonymousreply 478July 14, 2023 7:11 PM

R477 sorry to bore you but how come it took the writers ages to get the affair going? Did Dee/Marlena have nothing to do for like a year after her grand return? Were other plots considered but didn't happen?

by Anonymousreply 479July 14, 2023 7:53 PM

r476

his plot with his uncle Deimos was horrible as well but the actor himself was not the issue

by Anonymousreply 480July 14, 2023 8:12 PM

R479, different writers have different ideas and different priorities. Her first year back was coming back and reuniting with Roman (John) who was with Isabella. Then Wayne came back and they played the who is the real Roman story. Then Roman and Marlena got back together and John and Isabella were together and it was quiet again until Isabella's cancer and death and Stella Lombard put Marlena in that hole in the ground. That's when things started to bubble. Marlena had stuff to do, but it wasn't crazy exciting stuff until Stella.

by Anonymousreply 481July 14, 2023 8:16 PM

R471 I can’t wait to have the gay Phillip back

by Anonymousreply 482July 14, 2023 9:16 PM

They're obviously bringing Phillip back for Victor's funeral. I always liked JPL as Rex on OLTL, but DAYS was a mess when he was on the show before. Looking forward to seeing him.

by Anonymousreply 483July 14, 2023 9:30 PM

[quote] They should have had her knocked up with Belle in 1991 and not know which Roman was the father.

They could still to that story with Marlena; she's still young enough and have the two potential fathers be Ben and Alex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484July 14, 2023 9:31 PM

JPL shows up next week(kinda)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485July 14, 2023 11:07 PM

I fucking hate Brady.

by Anonymousreply 486July 15, 2023 1:23 AM

Is there a better thread or is this it?

by Anonymousreply 487July 20, 2023 6:54 PM

Try this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488July 20, 2023 6:57 PM

Tamara Braun (Ava) to return to the show soon.

by Anonymousreply 489July 21, 2023 10:56 PM

r489

awesome!

next wek's promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490July 21, 2023 11:56 PM

Thanks, R490. Looks like it is going to be a good week! And thanks to R489! Thrilled to hear Ava will return soon too!

by Anonymousreply 491July 22, 2023 3:36 PM

When Marlena rushed in to stop Whitely and the space heater...wow. It gave me a flashback to ODAAT where Ann was yelling at Julie to get up because she smelled gas! What a rush!

by Anonymousreply 492July 25, 2023 1:06 PM

Why did that Nurse use a propane tank? And why was it incorrectly identified as a space heater on the show?

by Anonymousreply 493July 25, 2023 5:40 PM

Behind the scenes drama courtesy of POS Albert Alarr

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494July 25, 2023 10:27 PM

There's a related thread on that topic, R494

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495July 25, 2023 10:36 PM

I like that they are humanizing Melinda Trask and using her more.

by Anonymousreply 496July 26, 2023 1:04 AM

I was disappointed that Li's frau blind date didn't announce that she has fibromyalgia.

by Anonymousreply 497July 26, 2023 11:40 AM

ALERT! DL Fave Matthew Perry name dropped on today's episode. ALERT!

In other news: Dmitri can't get enough of Power Top Matty Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 498July 28, 2023 1:04 PM

and people wonder why people don't watch soaps anymore! Spoiler alert!

Also, I am sad that one of the most persistent online rumors turned out to be wrong

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499July 28, 2023 1:41 PM

MP? hilarious

Did I miss it but did they even mention Ariana and why she's not at the wedding?

by Anonymousreply 500July 28, 2023 9:29 PM

or Jack? Gwen could have invited her cousins at least

by Anonymousreply 501July 28, 2023 9:29 PM

promo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502July 29, 2023 12:03 AM

SPOILER:

[quote] Friday, August 4 -- Tripp wakes up to a surprise in his bed.

Johnny's ass cheeks in his face?

That would be a surprise!

by Anonymousreply 503July 30, 2023 9:56 PM

r503

well it's Leo in his bed for some reason

by Anonymousreply 504July 30, 2023 10:16 PM

Breakfast is served.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505July 30, 2023 10:42 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506August 1, 2023 10:52 AM

The article also states that she is upset as to how Victor is being written out. It states he dies in a plane crash.

Do you think she was even aware of who the character was and his legacy on the show? I find it hard to believe she would be that upset over how the show kills him off.

by Anonymousreply 507August 1, 2023 4:17 PM

I'm sure they're saving "natural causes" for Doug's eventual demise. Victor dying in a plane crash is very soapy. Who gives a shit what she thinks.

by Anonymousreply 508August 1, 2023 4:51 PM

They should have gone full circle with Victor's character and killed him off by having him die of a heart attack while in bed with a young actress whom his porn studio just hired.

This is when we learn that Victor still secretly own the porn company and often tries the new girls out.

Then, this young woman returns in about six months, pregnant with "Victor Junior." .. She wants her son's share of the estate once he's born.

by Anonymousreply 509August 1, 2023 7:51 PM

It was cool to see one of the Santanas (Gina Gallego) from Santa Barbara as the judge today.

by Anonymousreply 510August 1, 2023 9:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!