Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Jardiance Commercial

Holy crap, who wants to take this stuff upon viewing this grotesque commercial????? Her flopping around like flipper is obscene.

by Anonymousreply 74January 28, 2024 2:21 AM

I swear you can hear her farting away.

by Anonymousreply 1June 11, 2023 1:55 PM

The kids n my neighborhood re-enact the commercial with song n dance

by Anonymousreply 2June 11, 2023 2:02 PM

Awww, she's just excited to have diabetes!

by Anonymousreply 3June 11, 2023 2:15 PM

I feel sorry for anyone having to carry that much ham around on their bones.

by Anonymousreply 4June 11, 2023 2:17 PM

I feel sorry for anyone having to carry that much ham around on their bones.

by Anonymousreply 5June 11, 2023 2:17 PM

ham bone gotta hurt but yet she keep dancing, woulda been a more effective commercial for pain killers. "look ma i can dance'.....flops ham bone into air with nary a wince of pain.

by Anonymousreply 6June 12, 2023 3:27 AM

another ad with fat ladys: Rebelius......gross

by Anonymousreply 7June 12, 2023 4:25 AM

Unfortunately, that's the size of the majority of most women over 30 these days ( especially those with kids), so it's entirely relatable. No more petite misses. Fat is where it's at.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 12, 2023 12:17 PM

but she is more gross than most of the fatties, the look on her face, her sassy ham hock moves. CRINGEY

by Anonymousreply 9June 12, 2023 2:14 PM

Actually, she is more svelte than the "plus sizers" I see daily.

by Anonymousreply 10June 12, 2023 3:52 PM

Straight from the contemporary TV spot handbook:

Body positivity

TikTok-influenced dancing

Schmigadoon-influenced set piece

Dubbed by someone with a decent—albeit generic—singing voice

Fantasy behind the scenes footage where talent has input (!) on the costumes

All this plus a gleeful voiceover regarding the potentially deadly side effects!

by Anonymousreply 11June 12, 2023 5:15 PM

I love reading her lips during the 'behind-the-scenes' moments talking the crew, she just keeps saying 'Oh, thank you' over and over. Apprantly everyone was complementing her on her performance.

by Anonymousreply 12June 12, 2023 5:27 PM

" Congratulations on not having a heart attack and delaying the completion of the shooting. We have things to do, you know."

by Anonymousreply 13June 12, 2023 10:39 PM

why do they keep showing this ad ad nauseum???? its getting so much bad press. she is a fat hippo.

by Anonymousreply 14June 13, 2023 3:32 AM

Holy shit its been on every hour on every network. Torture having to look at this fatty pig.

by Anonymousreply 15June 15, 2023 5:15 AM

[quote] she just keeps saying 'Oh, thank you' over and over.

Oh, fank you, you fixded my diabetes!

by Anonymousreply 16June 15, 2023 5:27 AM

She should be grateful anyone wants to pay to film her repulsive ness.....WHEN SHE DANCES HER TITS AND HIPS FLOP LIKE MAD.....i so pity her.

by Anonymousreply 17June 15, 2023 5:30 AM

Can Jardiance & Ozempic be taken together?

by Anonymousreply 18June 15, 2023 5:41 AM

That dancing mailman wants her to motorboat him.

by Anonymousreply 19June 15, 2023 5:45 AM

She is irritating as hell and I really hate that part where like the Queenie guy with sunglasses is gushing over her while she's in the chair. I do like that ginger bear who's like thrusting suggestively behind her he's fun.

by Anonymousreply 20June 15, 2023 6:18 AM

Just watched it. That was A LOT packed into sixty seconds, but that's usually the case w/this type of commerical.

The chick is cute, and has nice hair. It would be more fun if she walked off the set of the commercial within the commercial, and took off a fatsuit, and fat prosthetics.

It wouldn't sell more medications, and makes no logical sense for the commercial, but it would be hilarious in a parody or satire work. Not that obesity is funny. Because it sucks ass. And not in the good way.

by Anonymousreply 21June 15, 2023 8:05 AM

Sal should show her how to do it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 15, 2023 3:00 PM

Her face, body and obnoxious personality make me never in a million years wanna use that drug.

by Anonymousreply 23June 15, 2023 3:08 PM

Jardiance is really swell!

by Anonymousreply 24June 15, 2023 3:12 PM

Is there a disproportionate number of blks??? Better be or imma be pissed

by Anonymousreply 25June 15, 2023 3:16 PM

R25 Jeez. Give it a rest. You are complaining about black people.... in a discussion of a TV commercial.

Breathe hon, breathe.

by Anonymousreply 26June 15, 2023 3:20 PM

He is right tho, the large number of blacks in commercials now is bizarro... screams pleading for woke credibility.

by Anonymousreply 27June 15, 2023 3:34 PM

R27 Or research-based marketing. Guess what? Percentage of consumers who are not white continues to increase.

You can trust that all the commercials are carefully tested to balance appeal to potential consumers vs. reaction from racists clodhoppers.

by Anonymousreply 28June 15, 2023 3:47 PM

But no Latinos, oops I mean…. Latinx, or Asians. Just all blacks. 13% of the population. Lie and scream racism all you want but it’s over representation

by Anonymousreply 29June 15, 2023 3:50 PM

A huge number of blacks have the ‘beetus.

by Anonymousreply 30June 15, 2023 3:54 PM

Wonder how you'd feel if someone said gays are gross and they don't want to see them in any commercial.

The misogynists and racists sure did come out in full force

by Anonymousreply 31June 15, 2023 3:57 PM

R31 if we were in every commercial it’d be ridiculous. I am sick of us only being portrayed as yasss kweens

by Anonymousreply 32June 15, 2023 4:00 PM

She should be in Shamu Stadium.

by Anonymousreply 33June 15, 2023 4:00 PM

Morbidly Obese is beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 34June 15, 2023 4:00 PM

Ads are not the census. It doesn’t matter what % of the US population is black. What matters is that minorities are more likely to be loyal to brands that focus on people who look like them. Some gays are talking about—gasp—the first tv commercial to feature a gay male couple shopping (from IKEA) back in the mid 1990s. Straight people are less brand loyal because they are accustomed to being marketed to.

by Anonymousreply 35June 15, 2023 4:27 PM

R35 you’re not making sense with your spin attempt.

by Anonymousreply 36June 15, 2023 4:29 PM

Her name is Deanna DellaCioppa Colón, self-nicknamed “Bomb Chica.”

Do I detect the scent of freshly baked cookies in that house?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 15, 2023 4:36 PM

But can she do the Tena Twist?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 15, 2023 4:39 PM

This commercial is annoying. I mean, nobody is this fucking happy unless they mix their drug with antidepressants.

by Anonymousreply 39June 15, 2023 4:43 PM

"ad nauseum"

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 40June 15, 2023 5:42 PM

More like ad nausea

by Anonymousreply 41June 15, 2023 5:45 PM

Not only does this commercial make me crack up every time, but this thread is, too.

by Anonymousreply 42June 15, 2023 5:47 PM

This commercial plays 24/7 and the song is stuck in my head like an ear worm that won’t go. Someone help! “I have Type 2 diabetes but I manage it well, it’s a little pill with a big story to tell…”

by Anonymousreply 43June 15, 2023 5:57 PM

Oops. Bomb Chica’s third post has her going to Walmart and sassing her way through the baking of refrigerated cookie dough. I should have known.

In my defense, DH doesn’t appear in the screencap, sniffing the fumes, so I didn’t even notice it on first glance.

I’m going out on a limb and guessing they met while doing community theater.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 15, 2023 6:01 PM

to prance about like that when you are morbidly fat is pure shittery.

by Anonymousreply 45June 16, 2023 4:54 AM

She shakes what her mama gave her

by Anonymousreply 46June 16, 2023 8:55 PM

Whut twinkies and hagen daz gave her.

by Anonymousreply 47June 17, 2023 4:24 AM

R43 It’s song is no Cars for Kids

by Anonymousreply 48June 17, 2023 10:52 AM

Well, this place has, unfortunately closed, but it should be a natural destination for gay bottoms. A contrast from the Jardiance one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 17, 2023 11:55 AM

RIP Butt Drugs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 17, 2023 11:57 AM

She looks a lot better dancing than Lizzo.

by Anonymousreply 51June 17, 2023 12:49 PM

not by much! her legs and arse is hams.

by Anonymousreply 52June 17, 2023 1:13 PM

Whoever thought the yellow dress was a good idea deserves to be slapped.

by Anonymousreply 53June 17, 2023 2:02 PM

praise gods, it seems to being played a bit less. it is a monstrosity of modern advertising .

by Anonymousreply 54June 27, 2023 5:31 AM

R46 She shakes what Dominos cheesy bread gave her.

by Anonymousreply 55June 27, 2023 5:56 AM

the new Febrise commercial is another weird one, fat ethnic lady shilling the stuff. WHY THEY NORMALIZING OBESITY??

by Anonymousreply 56June 27, 2023 7:28 PM

I really want to hit her in the face with a ham.... HARD.... when they "cut" and she swings her hair and starts walking to her makeup table, 'graciously' acknowledging her adoring fans/crew members. Then she takes her place for the "big finale", wearing her yellow floral circus tent dress, before swinging her hair again and posturing for her next big moment.

In the first scene, her clothes are so incredibly tight that you can't help but notice the fat that hangs from her arms and thighs like bulging water balloons and her squat height that makes it even more obvious. It's like they're literally putting on a musical in celebration for diabetes.

I like to think it's really all staged, that some local do-good organization and it's film crew came together to stage a Make-A-Wish dream for this blubbery elephant seal who's got a fatal strain of diabetus and keeps wailing to everybody about never achieving her dream career as a Broadway star. "It's okay Bethany, you've always been a Tony winner in OUR hearts! Hey, let's head over to this fake town we created, there's something wanna show you! Oh, and don't forget your Jardiance epi-injector. ...just in case Craft Services has a dessert table!"

by Anonymousreply 57June 27, 2023 8:15 PM

The little pill with a big STO-RY to tell!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 27, 2023 8:42 PM

I don't get that line, R58.... stretching out "STO-RY" because they needed an extra syllable. Why couldn't it have been, "The Little Pill With a Great Big Story to Tell!" ? And WHY "a story"? What kind of fucking story is your diabetus injection supposed to tell? That you ate your way into having to jab a needle into your elephant-tough thigh skin every single day?

by Anonymousreply 59June 27, 2023 8:49 PM

[quote] I really want to hit her in the face with a ham.... HARD....

Maybe she'll suffer one of the many "serious side effects" of Jardiance like fatal ketoacidosis, dehydration or genital yeast infections.

by Anonymousreply 60June 27, 2023 8:53 PM

FYI to all you young'ins - In DL's heyday, a thread like this would have already had over 100 replies. It would have been brutally irreverent and not a soul would have dared to blunt the fun by bitching about anyone being "mean". We all knew we were being mean, frivolously mean for the sake of entertaining ourselves... But not really mean; we were smart enough to know the commercial was pretend and that the actors likely would never see the thread, because we had an unspoken rule here that nobody would go and out our threads to random subject matters. And it was mostly unbroken.

We would have howled for days, each of us trying to one-up the other. It really was good, harmless, time-wasting fun and it was fantastic!

by Anonymousreply 61June 27, 2023 8:55 PM

whoever ok'd this J commercial deserves to be fired asap.....that woman makes us not want the product. duh...

by Anonymousreply 62June 27, 2023 9:01 PM

The Jardiance woman gives hope to up-and-coming actresses like DL fave Melissa Beth Miller.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 27, 2023 9:05 PM

[quote]Great Big Story to Tell

R59. Musically, that's too many words. It's just easier to sing "big sto-ry to tell."

by Anonymousreply 64June 27, 2023 9:10 PM

Does Jardiance give you Giardia?

by Anonymousreply 65June 27, 2023 9:11 PM

I had sex with Deanna—the Jardiance lady—and all I’ll say is, it was huge!

by Anonymousreply 66August 29, 2023 4:00 AM

Her husband kisses her like someone dared him to kiss a fish.

by Anonymousreply 67August 29, 2023 8:34 AM

Is jardiance the commercial with the fat woman who looks like H.R. Pufnstuf?

by Anonymousreply 68August 29, 2023 10:05 PM

She's fifty. I wouldn't have guessed that. She is, of course, married and has seven rescue dogs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 19, 2023 12:57 AM

Nobody that needs diabetes drugs wants Jardiance. People want the get-thin-quick shit.

by Anonymousreply 70October 19, 2023 1:06 AM

It's my mom's favorite commercial

by Anonymousreply 71October 19, 2023 2:24 AM

A new commercial and new fattie. Love the reactions under the video:

[quote]Hey, marketing people - we are SICK of watching infantilized adults juke around like hyperactive 8-year-olds.

[quote]Oh jeez, three more years of this song 8 times a day. I was just thinking how this commercial can't run forever and some time soon I'll never hear this song again.

[quote]Bring back Deana! She is the true Jardiance queen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 28, 2024 1:15 AM

I’m overweight and I know nobody wants to see me dance. It’s not just her lame dancing but that blue outfit does her no favors.

by Anonymousreply 73January 28, 2024 2:03 AM

One of the side effects of the drug is gangrene of the taint. I would dance around, too, if I was at risk for that.

by Anonymousreply 74January 28, 2024 2:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!