Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Philip's affairs

I've been watching The Crown again and they're pretty clear (without stating it outright) that he had multiple affairs during his marriage. They even hint he may have had an affair with his distant cousin's wife, Lady Penelope Knatchbull.

Has any of this come out yet in biographies? I've often heard rumors about all this but nothing was ever definitively or reliably said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 8, 2023 1:34 AM

Jolly hockey sticks!

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2023 4:57 AM

Kitty Kelley had Philip fucking women in every port, including Fergie’s mother. He also apparently had multiple illegitimate children.

Philip was definitely caught up in the Christine Keeler scandal too.

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2023 5:02 AM

He never asked me to have an affair, that racist.

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2023 5:05 AM

Any guys?

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2023 5:21 AM

Klan Granny at r3

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2023 5:23 AM

One of the craziest rumors I've heard is that he was Harry's father.

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2023 5:25 AM

His distant cousin's wife, Lady Penelope doesn't strike me as Phillips's type. Too wooden in the sheets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2023 5:42 AM

The Crown is not a documentary. However, it was not suggested that Philip had an affair with Penny. In fact, it was quite clear it was a friendship based on intellectual companionship and shared interests. Philip had to look elsewhere for that because the Queen was intellectually dull. All this, per “The Crown.”

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2023 6:18 AM

Penny was basically Phil’s life partner for the last 20 years of his life or more. Poor Liz had to put up with it. Imagine being one of the most powerful women in the world and you can’t control your husband’s sloppy dick. I would have had it cut off!

by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2023 6:24 AM

The chattering classes are going to chatter.

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2023 7:32 AM

I followed this thread because it's about to get juicy. I remember this from the first couple of seasons of The Crown. I definitely wonder about the fidelity of Prince Philip.

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2023 10:30 AM

Penny Snatchbull.

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2023 11:34 AM

Wasn't the rumour that their marriage was greatly strained in the first few years of marriage as he had to give up his career and become her second fiddle? And that she was constantly busy and struggled to prove herself a good Queen and be a wife & mother. He went off sailing for months alone.

Again, rumour that problems eased as time passed and as they had 2 more kids and headed to middle age he became her biggest supporter for the rest of their marriage.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2023 11:47 AM

I'm guessing when they married they both thought they'd have many more with her father as King, and time to build a family with him pursuing his career. That all changed quickly

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2023 11:49 AM

He fucked around on her constantly. And wasn’t discreet about it.

by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2023 12:47 PM

Well the Queen was never going to ask for a divorce. She had to look the other way. The survival of the monarchy was always the most important thing.

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2023 1:16 PM

Looks like Lisa Marie

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2023 1:25 PM

It's pretty impressive that he managed to fuck around for decades and there's no solid evidence. He chose the right women to dally with! They kept their traps shut.

Don't think there's any debate over the stability of his marriage to the queen. They were together for 5,000 years and seemed to genuinely love each other. Like most aristo marriages of their generation, wives mostly turned a blind eye to cheating.

I read that Desi Arnez was baffled that Lucy had an issue with his screwing around. "I love her," he said. "Why would she care if I fuck other women. I don't love them."

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2023 1:39 PM

[quote] The crown is not a documentary.

It's not? I guess the actors playing the parts of the BRF must have been a major clue.

Oh please tell us more obvious information!

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2023 4:59 PM

Husbands always underestimate how hurtful cheating is to their partners

by Anonymousreply 20June 7, 2023 6:30 AM

The Crown is a TV show, not R E A L I T Y....!

by Anonymousreply 21June 7, 2023 12:25 PM

I admire Philip for warning Harry: DON'T MARRY AN ACTRESS. He knew whereof he spoke....

by Anonymousreply 22June 7, 2023 12:43 PM

[quote]his distant cousin's wife, Lady Penelope Knatchbull

She's the wife of his first cousin, once removed. That's not distant.

Popular media outlets may choose to call the present Lord Mountbatten (Norton Knatchbull) a "distant cousin" because they know that many readers struggle with the concept of "once removed".

by Anonymousreply 23June 7, 2023 12:49 PM

The famous actress Prince Phillip was supposed to have shagged was Patricia (Pat) Kirkwood, she was better known as a singer later in her life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 7, 2023 1:04 PM

Pat Kirkwood Wiki.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2023 1:05 PM

Young Philip could most definitely GET. IT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 7, 2023 1:59 PM

I heard somewhere he also dabbled with the menfolk.

by Anonymousreply 27June 7, 2023 2:08 PM

R27

*sproing*

Tell me more!

by Anonymousreply 28June 7, 2023 2:24 PM

I found the "Crown" story that R8 mentions to be interesting.

Young Elizabeth (Claire Foy) was portrayed as sharp and insightful about others, even if the men around her called her "Shirley Temple."

But she certainly seems to lack curiosity by the time season 5 rolls around.

How close this is to reality.....someone more knowledgeable about the BRF would have to tell me

by Anonymousreply 29June 7, 2023 2:30 PM

FFS, of course he fucked around. All men of that station do and as long as it's discreet the wives usually look the other way. Plus, they were married forever. She probably had a few discreet affairs over the years too.

by Anonymousreply 30June 7, 2023 2:55 PM

Bertie didn’t fuck around on Cookie.

by Anonymousreply 31June 7, 2023 10:57 PM

we need photos of his huge dong

by Anonymousreply 32June 8, 2023 1:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!