Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Taylor Swift and Matty Healy reportedly split after whirlwind romance

Taylor Swift and Matty Healy's spring fling is over, with multiple reports saying the two split after a whirlwind — and controversial — romance.

"Taylor and Matty broke up. They are both extremely busy and realized they're not really compatible with each other," a source explained to Entertainment Tonight. "Taylor's friends want what's best for her and aren't shocked that their relationship fizzled out since she recently got out of a long-term relationship."

An insider added to Us Weekly: "They had fun together, but it was never serious."

Yahoo Entertainment reached out to reps for Swift and Healy, but did not receive a response.

It was revealed in April that Swift and Joe Alwyn had ended their six-year relationship. Neither star commented on the split, but the "Lover" singer made subtle references to heartbreak while performing on her Eras tour. She also made subtle references to a new love.

In early May, initial reports surfaced that Swift, 33, was seeing Healy, the frontman of the band the 1975. Days later, he attended her hometown shows in Nashville. PDA-filled date nights quickly followed. "I don't know, I've just never been this happy in my life in all aspects of my life ever before," Swift even declared two weeks ago.

But Swifties are likely rejoicing on Monday. Many of the singer's fans were unhappy about her rebound romance as Healy, 34, is no stranger to controversy.

Years ago, Healy — who was briefly linked to Swift in 2014 — said it would be "emasculating" to date her. In January, he was accused of "doing a Nazi salute" onstage. The British musician is known for pushing the envelope while performing, but some have accused him of predatory behavior as he kisses fans at concerts. (Or, like this past weekend, when he kissed a security guard.)

In February, Healy faced backlash for a podcast appearance where he laughed along when the hosts made racist and offensive comments. One of the jabs mocked Ice Spice, with whom Swift just collaborated on the "Karma" remix. When Healy addressed the controversy in last week's New Yorker profile, he didn't do himself any favors.

Healy was asked if he baited his fans on purpose with that podcast. "A little bit," he replied. "But it doesn't actually matter. Nobody is sitting there at night slumped at their computer, and their boyfriend comes over and goes, 'What’s wrong, darling?' and they go, 'It's just this thing with Matty Healy.' That doesn’t happen," he declared.

The reporter said "maybe it does" happen.

"If it does," he said, "you're either deluded or you are, sorry, a liar. You're either lying that you are hurt, or you're a bit mental for being hurt. It’s just people going, 'Oh, there’s a bad thing over there, let me get as close to it as possible so you can see how good I am.' And I kind of want them to do that, because they're demonstrating something so base level."

Fans wrote Swift an open letter asking her to address Healy's past behavior. She never publicly discussed her romance with the musician, or the controversy that follows him. But Swift did announce other news on Monday as she unveiled the vault tracks and collaborators on her upcoming album, Speak Now (Taylor's Version).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 7, 2023 11:36 AM

She couldn’t handle the outrage.

She’ll pick someone new in a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2023 4:28 AM

Her emotional age may actually increase from 13 to 14 due to the stress of this deep, lengthy romance coming to a heart-wrenching end. She might even "go steady" with the rando she falls head-over-heels for next!

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2023 4:45 AM

I guess he made her look stupid by kissing the security guard in Denmark at his concert.

Bwahahahaha.

She probably saw that and said, "That's it! The contract is done!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2023 6:37 AM

I know he's a scuzzy fuckslut, but I want him.

I'm quite sure the sex would be crazy good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2023 6:55 AM

Single straight British men - watch out!

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2023 7:45 AM

[quote] I guess he made her look stupid by kissing the security guard in Denmark at his concert.

It would be hilarious if Matty did that just to make Taylor look ridiculous.

She's not respected by other musicians, so I could totally see him dating her, just as a joke.

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2023 11:05 AM

Is there anybody she HASN’T dated and broken up with? You’d have thought with so many failed relationships she’d have given up on them by now!

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2023 11:15 AM

More proof that she's a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2023 11:32 AM

She's already moved on the next guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2023 3:55 PM

R8 How would this be proof of that? It's a proof that she was getting a ton of hate in the last month, since dating this guy, so it was obvious move to dump him. People started canceling her.

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2023 3:56 PM

Tinymeat, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2023 3:59 PM

She does what her fans want her to do. So would you if you could sell out stadiums with $$$$$$ tickets!!! She’s not gonna come out until the money stops rolling in from delusional fans.

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2023 4:15 PM

She’ll have another song out of this.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2023 4:18 PM

R12 Person who thinks Taylor Swift is gay calling other people delusional. That's a riot. Are you also a Larry shipper by any chance?

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2023 4:27 PM

R14 Hi Taylor!

by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2023 4:41 PM

She sure has a type.

If she wants to have a kid, she could do a lot worse than Austin Reaves' six-foot-five pro baller DNA.

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2023 6:16 PM

She's a big ole lez and clearly this was all for PR or a contract.

He was getting into trouble and needed a "cleanse" and now he's had one.

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2023 6:20 PM

She is obviously saving her face. This relationship was bad for her image. She didn't expect so many negative things to come out about this guy. And now, her publicists are trying to spin the story and are saying that they weren't even a couple. Yeah, right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2023 6:51 PM

[quote] She sure has a type.

Yeah. Tits and a vagina.

And Taylor likes to suck on both.

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2023 7:35 PM

R19 Gtfo to Tumblr with your delusionsal Taylor is gay crap.

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2023 9:46 PM

R20 GTFO to LSA with your delusional denial.

by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2023 9:49 PM

I find Taylor's dating history suspicious and contract-like, but where is the evidence she's a lez?

I mean, I don't need to see video of her sucking on a clit, but has she ever been photographed holding hands with or kissing a girl?

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2023 9:58 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2023 10:37 PM

Two beer swilling lesbians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2023 10:37 PM

Lesborama!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 6, 2023 10:38 PM

[quote] She'll have another song out of this.

Translation: she'll unload her grief onto a small private army of Swedish songsmiths, who'll then turn it into a song.

by Anonymousreply 26June 6, 2023 11:03 PM

Maybe she’ll finally come out.

by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2023 11:08 PM

She'll probably never come out.

But she's definitely a lesbiana. I don't know who the delusional twat is upthread. This is the DL it's okay for her not to beard here.

by Anonymousreply 28June 6, 2023 11:12 PM

I doubt Taylor is a lesbian, but I guess anything is possible. What seems clear is that she cannot have a successful relationship that lasts (excepting the British guy she was with for a few years). Everything else has been a few months and done. Then she writes songs about them and what went wrong. Clearly, she is the common denominator in all of these failed relationships and needs to take some time to analyze why it's happening. Either she keeps choosing assholes or she doesn't know what she wants, or what she wants is not realistic, etc. She's quite tiresome, really.

by Anonymousreply 29June 7, 2023 2:34 AM

She's a Lesbianca!

by Anonymousreply 30June 7, 2023 3:54 AM

R21 LSA? What are you blabbering about?

by Anonymousreply 31June 7, 2023 8:30 AM

R25 Typical straight women behavior

by Anonymousreply 32June 7, 2023 8:31 AM

Taylor’s dating shenanigans are almost the stuff of parody now.

by Anonymousreply 33June 7, 2023 11:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!