Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Brother West running for President on third party ticket

Cornel West, the progressive activist and professor, announced a presidential campaign on Monday with the People’s Party, a third party led by a former campaign staff member for Senator Bernie Sanders.

“I enter in the quest for truth, I enter in the quest for justice, and the presidency is just one vehicle to pursue that truth and justice — what I’ve been trying to do all of my life,” Dr. West said in a campaign video posted on Twitter.

In the video, Dr. West said he had decided to run as a third-party candidate because “neither political party wants to tell the truth about Wall Street, about Ukraine, about the Pentagon, about Big Tech.” He called former President Donald J. Trump, the front-runner for the Republican nomination, a “neo-fascist,” and President Biden a “milquetoast neoliberal.”

Dr. West has taught at Yale, Princeton and Harvard and is currently a professor of philosophy at Union Theological Seminary. He is known for his progressive activism, including his sharp criticism of former President Barack Obama.

by Anonymousreply 16August 29, 2023 2:49 AM

Another Ralph Nader spoiler.

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2023 2:18 AM

We already know from the earlier thread with a searchable title

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2023 2:18 AM

Wouldn't vote for this guy if he paid me.

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2023 2:22 AM

Your poll is missing a NO option. NO!

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2023 2:29 AM

He’s not my brother. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2023 2:46 AM

Jordan Peterson made a laughing stock out of him at a debate a few years ago. West is a race-baiting grifter. He went after Obama got dating to not kiss his ass.

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2023 2:47 AM

He has my vote

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2023 3:03 AM

Mein Fuhrer.

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2023 3:11 AM

The democrats and progressives are both teaming up to trash Brother West on Twitter, stating Brother West will steal votes from Biden and gove Refugs a win. I did not see this much venomous hate towards the Kennedy spawn.

by Anonymousreply 9August 28, 2023 3:40 AM

"West"? No thank you.

by Anonymousreply 10August 28, 2023 4:24 AM

I give it 447 votes

by Anonymousreply 11August 28, 2023 4:31 AM

"No, Brother West. It was an act of whimsy!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 28, 2023 4:35 AM

Fuck him with the OP's dick.

by Anonymousreply 13August 28, 2023 4:39 AM

A non serious candidate

by Anonymousreply 14August 28, 2023 4:46 AM

Cornel West is a scary clown, a tax cheat and a deadbeat dad.

He looks and sounds like he belongs in a psych ward or a haunted house.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

by Anonymousreply 15August 28, 2023 5:22 AM

Actual progressive Bernie Sanders destroys Cornel West's ridiculous campaign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 29, 2023 2:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!