Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pizza Problems

I generally like pineapple on pizza, but often I find the ham that invariably goes with it to be too smokey for my taste. So tonight during dinner I had a revelation: next time I'll order a ham and pepperoni pizza! I was excited, but when I told my husband he practically slapped in the face. Tell me, DL -- am I crazy? Wouldn't pepperoni and pineapple be better than the traditional Hawaiian? We can call it P&P!

by Anonymousreply 40June 7, 2023 2:04 AM

No. You deserved the slap. What you suggest is heresy. HERESY!

The ham is a perfect companion to the pineapple, salt levels and texture combined.

Let's not speak of this again.

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2023 2:23 AM

Slapped you? Hell, I'd have punched your lights out! Not only are you a pizza heretic, you are a fucking idiot who cannot state your order correctly. Ham and pepperoni?? Jesus Fucking Christ.

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2023 2:26 AM

Are you being abused, OP? No one deserves to be beaten. Help is available!

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2023 2:29 AM

((sigh))

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2023 2:29 AM

I'd like to slap you in the face.

I'd like to VICIOUSLY slap you in the face.

Just because you're annoying.

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2023 2:29 AM

We've very sorry you had to see this, Darfur Orphan. We know you would never be so gauche as to order pineapple on a pizza.

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2023 2:30 AM

I'd like to hear more about your husband and his slapping techniques.

Is it more a light spanking vibe or an actual heavy, open-handed swat?

Is he a big, strong man? Or more a bottom-y femme type?

Details matter. Please fill in these gaps accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2023 2:32 AM

Can everyone stick to traditional toppings for an Italian pizza, please ? An Italian wouldn't be caught dead eating pineapple and ham on a pizza. Yuck !

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2023 2:36 AM

Hey Darfur Orphan, you've made me curious. What toppings do you usually get on your pizza?

by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2023 2:38 AM

OP, did the scene look something like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2023 2:39 AM

Dry sediment or baked sludge, R9.

Whatever I'm most in the mood for.

Usually baked sludge though.

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2023 2:42 AM

[quote]What toppings do you usually get on your pizza?

rocks, on a very thin layer of sundried dung crust.

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2023 2:43 AM

I thought this was going to be a puny cocklet thread that OP was going to creatively weave pizza into (or not).

What a disappointment. No wonder your husband slapped you.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2023 2:45 AM

You know what you need? You need a Calzone--right up your ass!

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2023 2:45 AM

“I’d like to order a 12 inch PP pizza…” “Sir, this is a family establishment!” *click*

by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2023 2:49 AM

Ok. I will be the brave one to agree, somewhat, with OP. Don't get me wrong. I like ham. Good, ham. Like a country ham from Virginia. But that rubbery pink stuff pizza restaurants put on the Ham and Pineapple pizzas is not for me. So I would try it with the pepperoni. Charred pepperoni would have a nice spiciness, saltiness an crispy edges to be a nice counter point to the sweet and cool pineapple. Almost like am al pastor. Add some cilantro and onion to it and it would be amazing. Yes, I am fat.

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2023 2:55 AM

Cilantro? Off with your head.

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2023 2:57 AM

I like the lean cuisine pepperoni pizza, myself. 250 calories. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2023 3:04 AM

Pepperoni and pineapple sounds good. Agree w/the poster upthread that the ham used on pizza can be rubbery and low-quality.

Another combo to try: jalapeños and pineapple. I started ordering that a long time ago and it's one of my favorite combos.

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2023 3:24 AM

I either do bacon and pineapple or pepperoni and sausage with pineapple. I don't care what Italians would think, I am German.

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2023 3:47 AM

Pineapple is disgusting

by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2023 4:05 AM

Back in olden times I heard a money-saving tip to call in an order for a pineapple and anchovy pizza (or other weird combination) for pick up, then not show up. At the end of the night after the pizza place closed you’d find a whole uneaten pizza in the dumpster out back and totally free.

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2023 4:16 AM

Pineapple is great.

Persimmons are disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2023 4:38 AM

You could always chose your own breakfast ham, cook it, slice it up, put it on your pineapple pizza with extra cheese…

by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2023 9:50 AM

Ma’am, this is a Wendy’s.

by Anonymousreply 25June 6, 2023 11:01 AM

Ugh, this isn't fucking reddit, R25. Order a brain or some imagination on your next pizza.

by Anonymousreply 26June 6, 2023 8:17 PM

Sad…..

by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2023 8:18 PM

Has anyone slapped OP for the ridiculous typo that renders her stupid thread opener also nonsensical? Ham and pepperoni pizza?

by Anonymousreply 28June 6, 2023 8:24 PM

Pineapple pizza? A recipe for disaster.

by Anonymousreply 29June 6, 2023 8:26 PM

I haven't had pineapple on a pizza in a lot of years. It's just wrong.

That being said, I can see going with the spicier pepperoni option or sausage if you use a good pizzaria that uses decently spiced sausage. Those options would have more flavor and "kick" than the usual ham. It may be a better balance with something as sweet as pineapple.

But again, it's just wrong so take your candyass pizza to your local grease fire for processing.

by Anonymousreply 30June 6, 2023 8:40 PM

Pepperoni, pineapple, roasted red capsicum and caramelised onion = the pizza of the Gods.

by Anonymousreply 31June 6, 2023 8:49 PM

The fiesta: Slim Jim rounds, canned corn and red peppers, pastel mini marshmallows, Snow Caps and sardines.

by Anonymousreply 32June 6, 2023 9:01 PM

Okay, I can see that I'm going to have to step in here. This is getting way out hand.

R32 - Death Penalty for you. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2023 9:05 PM

OP- you’re not original. I’ve been having pepperoni & pineapple pizza for decades. Also- you messed up your post. You said ham when you meant to say pineapple.

by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2023 9:51 PM

OP, you're lucky your boyfriend only "practically" slapped you. He should have beat your ass.

Pineapple on pizza. My word. What is the world coming to?

by Anonymousreply 35June 6, 2023 11:00 PM

R35 is Zombie Ike Turner.

by Anonymousreply 36June 6, 2023 11:02 PM

OP, a pizzeria near me has a pizza on their menu called The Yin-Yang which is topped with pepperoni, pineapple & jalapenos.

Although I've never been a huge fan of Hawaiian pizza, I decided to try the Yin-Yang on a whim a few years ago. Just felt like something different that night (and I might have smoked a joint). What a great fucking combination! Salty, sweet, and SPICY! It became my go-to pizza for a year or so, until I burned-out on it.

by Anonymousreply 37June 6, 2023 11:08 PM

R28, please see R2...

by Anonymousreply 38June 7, 2023 1:07 AM

Fist, please hit r38 in the face...repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 39June 7, 2023 1:48 AM

I like pizza, I like pie; I like ice cream, piled real high.

I like donuts, I like cake; I like to eat 'til it make my bellyache.

I like pineapple, I like ham; I'll even eat an unbaked yam.

I like food, I like drink; I really like my salmon pink.

I like my spaghetti, I like my sauce, But don't give me no unflavored dental floss.

Yes, I love my pizza, I love my pie; But don't mix pineapple and pepperoni, Or I'll hang you high!

Nikocado Avocado (Mukbanging my brains out)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 7, 2023 2:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!