Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Looks like Shannen Doherty's cancer has spread to her brain

She did a pretty ballsy thing on Instagram. No words on the post, just a very compelling video of her being prepped to get radiation on her brain-

If you follow her on Instagram please check it out. It's pretty courageous and very, very sad.

by Anonymousreply 33August 18, 2023 4:18 AM

I could post a link, but nah. Go dig up her IG and then scroll through until you find the post I want you to took at.

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2023 12:19 AM

Hold on R1- I don't think that works with Instagram-

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2023 12:23 AM

See if this works..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2023 12:23 AM

Leptomeningeal carcinomatosis!

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2023 12:25 AM

🕯️

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2023 12:27 AM

No, OP, just...

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2023 12:29 AM

Damn. I had an MRI of my head recently for a sudden ringing in my ears, and it was incredibly unnerving. Similar to what they did here but I knew that the kind of tumor they were looking for (if they found anything) was benign. Turned out everything was fine and the ringing is just old age, but it’s really, really stressful.

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2023 12:29 AM

OP we don't create posts such as this without including a link as default. You know better.

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2023 12:33 AM

I thought it was an MRI, but folks with cancer histories on there said it was a radiation machine.... Maybe it is an MRI? Looks incredibly frightening.

by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2023 12:35 AM

Poor gal has been fighting this for so long. When things get past the blood-brain barrier, it's a whole different ballgame. Mad respect.

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2023 12:38 AM

R6, when you say sudden ringing in your ears how sudden do you mean? I’ve noticed an increased ringing in one ear over the last 6 months or so. Now you’ve got me worried

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2023 12:39 AM

^^That should be for r7

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2023 12:39 AM

R11, you should get it checked out if it’s sudden and in only one ear. There’s a benign growth that can occur, it’s not life threatening at all but it could cause you to lose hearing in that ear. It’s not common though, and even though I had symptoms, it turns out I’m just getting old.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2023 12:45 AM

R11 I want to add, by sudden I mean it started one day out of the blue and hasn’t stopped. It’s been three months. If yours comes and goes, nothing to worry about, you’re just old too!

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2023 12:50 AM

Thank you, r13/14. I am in my 50s now. I’ve always had low ringing in my ears; I only noticed it because it was getting stronger in one ear recently but it wasn’t overnight. I meant to ask my doctor last time I went for a physical but forgot. Eldergay memory issues too, haha

by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2023 1:03 AM

She captioned it with "January 9, 2023", so I am assuming this footage was from almost six months ago? It looks like the machinery they use for CT scans (I've had congenital heart problems/surgery, so I've have had several of them), which use ionizing radiation to photograph the body. This could be a more powerful machine used for radiation therapy, though—I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2023 1:15 AM

From a poster there-

This is actually what we call a CT Simulation. Basically where they take images and make the immobilization device that will be used for the radiation therapy treatments, which is done by a different machine. Radiation Therapist here

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2023 1:49 AM

It looks like a CT machine to me too.

The mask looks so claustrophobic, the way she’s essentially strapped to that table by her head. I hope she has a good outcome.

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2023 2:18 AM

Poor lady. Fuck cancer!

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2023 2:31 AM

I really feel for her. She is a soldier.

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2023 2:36 AM

Ringing in your ears is usually tinnitus.

by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2023 2:45 AM

I’ve had many MRIs on my head but never saw a device like that with a stick in my mouth. I’ve been enclosed in a head contraption but not this.

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2023 2:46 AM

r22 It's radiation for cancer, different thing to a scanning device like MRI.

by Anonymousreply 23June 7, 2023 9:43 PM

I wonder if the radiation is helping? If she started treatment at the time of this mask fitting, she’d be almost five months in. I hope it’s working and she’s improving.

by Anonymousreply 24June 7, 2023 9:46 PM

I miss the old days when people just crawled off onto the woods and quietly died without drawing attention to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2023 10:25 PM

Perhaps you'd like to re-start that trend sometime soon, OP?

by Anonymousreply 26June 7, 2023 10:37 PM

Here you go, R8.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2023 12:12 PM

I assume Tori S. has been plotting her media strategy for the moment when Shannen finally goes.

by Anonymousreply 28June 8, 2023 7:19 PM

My heart goes out to Shannon and her family. Wish her well

by Anonymousreply 29June 16, 2023 7:35 PM

^ what I was going to say. Getting and being ill is not for the weak!

by Anonymousreply 30June 16, 2023 8:22 PM

How is she doing?

by Anonymousreply 31August 18, 2023 3:23 AM

She’s been visiting Italy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 18, 2023 4:18 AM

Beverly Hills 90210 was definitely not my jam. However, my mom had lung cancer with brain tumors. My mom was older than Shannen, though. I feel for anyone going through this. Seems like she's been fighting cancer for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 33August 18, 2023 4:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!