Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tim Scott gets booed on The View

Sen. Tim Scott and the hosts of The View had a respectful debate Monday over Republican policies and people of color - it wasn't until he defended Ron DeSantis and his legal fight with Disney that things turned ugly with the studio audience.

“Disney and Ron have been in a combat zone over what I thought is the right issue, which is our young kids and what they are being indoctrinated with,” Scott said, triggering boos from the audience and an apology from View co-host Whoopi Goldberg.

“No, no, no, not here,” Goldberg said before turning to Scott to say, "I'm sorry, sir."

To the crowd, Goldberg said: “Do not boo; this is ‘The View.' We accept, we don’t have to believe everything people say, but you cannot boo people here, please.”

DeSantis, like Scott a 2024 Republican presidential candidate, is trying to kill tax breaks for Disney after the company criticized his plan to forbid teachers from discussing sexual orientation with young students, the so-called "Don't Say Gay" bill.

Scott went on The View because panelists had criticized him, the lone Black Republican in the Senate, for standing up against Republican policies that hurt people of color.

During the interview-debate, Scott said he went on the program because of panelists' past comments "that the only way for a young African American kid to be successful in this country is to be the exception and not the rule ... That's a dangerous offensive disgusting message to send."

View co-hosts were not convinced, as they peppered the South Carolina senator about systemic racism and Republican policies on the economy, voting rights, and law enforcement.

“I want you to come out and say, 'listen, the Republicans have these issues,'" Goldberg told Scott.

Replied Scott: “Humans have these issues ... Both sides of the aisle can do a better job on the issue of race.”

While Scott complained about cutting to commercials while he was speaking, he later said he was pleased with his appearance on The View.

"Had a constructive conversation with the ladies on The View," he tweeted, "even the producers can’t stop me."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2023 2:49 AM

Tim Scott is another Repig douchebag who does not answer questions.

I watched. He deserved to be booed. The women of The View were not asking tough enough questions--with no follow-up. The audience was getting frustrated. So, STFU, Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2023 11:01 PM

Whoopi probably sided with Scott because he was anti-Disney. At the end of the day, Disney is her employer, for which she has barely-veiled contempt. I’ve never known anyone who seemed so obviously dissatisfied with what seems to be a plum job.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2023 11:11 PM

The audience were right to boo. This is a strange and scary turn in American politics. I thought Republicans were supposed to be pro-business. A normal right-wing candidate would have said that Disney is an immensely successful business to be proud of and that they know what they're doing. But now they sound like fascists who want to make people think and behave the same. A totalitarian turn.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2023 11:24 PM

Tim Scott deserved to be booed. While not answering questions, he kept using phrases such as:

"The fact of the matter" when all he was doing was spouting nonsense party-line opinions, not facts.

"The radical left" when referring to anyone who disagreed with him.

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2023 12:36 AM

Tim Scott also used the word "indoctrination" when referring to anything being taught in schools. Kids learning about diversity is not indoctrination.

He's an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2023 12:38 AM

R1 Whoopi was probably trying to be diplomatic. Gheesh. We may not like him but half of America agrees with Tim Scott.

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2023 12:39 AM

Tim Scott such an alpha straight man.

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2023 12:40 AM

Well, he wasn't boo booed.

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2023 12:41 AM

R3 Excellent point. I hope one of the ladies on the panel made it. I know Rosie would have.

by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2023 12:43 AM

R2 what’s Whoopi’s beef with Disney?

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2023 12:44 AM

I despise Tim Scott, that all gums and teeth coon! The hell with him.

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2023 12:45 AM

“Do not boo him. He’s allowed to be an Uncle Tom as much as anyone else!”

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2023 12:45 AM

R10, I have no idea but many people, not just myself, have commented for the last five years or so about how Whoopi acts like she can barely stand to be there. She also takes every Friday off, which is not something that any of the other lead panelists have ever done in the past.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2023 12:52 AM

r6, go back to your *Yes I blame trannys* thread.

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2023 12:56 AM

R14 Go back to whatever hole your stalking delusional obsessive ass came from. And that’s a promise. I’m thinking another voodoo curse is going to need to be concocted.

by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2023 12:59 AM

R15 Grow up, seek help

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2023 1:00 AM

Good for the audience for booing. Booing can be a legitimate way for an audience to express displeasure with what someone is saying. If they had stayed silent Scott and the TV audience might have assumed incorrectly that they agreed with him.

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2023 1:02 AM

Whoopi needs to retire

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2023 1:03 AM

R17 Good point, touché.

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2023 1:13 AM

This left little impression on me, but it did reinforce my hatred for the insufferable Ascension "Sunny" Cummings. I cannot fucking stand that bitch.

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2023 1:44 AM

Is that his boyfriend behind him in that picture?

by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2023 1:54 AM

If Tim Scott is going to run for president would his hypocrisy on gay people be fair game if he's gay himself (which I assume he is)?

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2023 2:01 AM

R22 He just hasn’t met the right middle aged Karen yet. He will in due time.

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2023 2:04 AM

I don't know him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2023 2:06 AM

Whoopi should have been booed too.

by Anonymousreply 25June 6, 2023 2:08 AM

*I don’t think Meghan McCain likes this*

by Anonymousreply 26June 6, 2023 2:45 AM

[quote]She also takes every Friday off, which is not something that any of the other lead panelists have ever done in the past.

Joy takes off on Mondays.

by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2023 2:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!