Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I want to get away to Albania for a month and reset.

Should I do it? I looked at Airbnb for affordable places by the water anywhere in the world. I found what look like two great places in Albania that are only about $800 for a month. My plan would be to find a job that starts in November and give 3 months notice at current job and go to Albania for the whole month of October. Then return for new job. What do you think? My husband is against it but I do what I want.

by Anonymousreply 26June 12, 2023 3:08 AM

[quote] My husband is against it but I do what I want.

Do it, fantasyland man!

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2023 8:23 PM

I hear that Transylvania is nice this time of year.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2023 8:26 PM

Never give three months notice when leaving a job, and you'll be hard pressed to line up a job that starts in November.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2023 8:40 PM

Three months notice? Why? (Especially on the assumption of having already found another job)

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2023 8:41 PM

Albania...sunsets over the Adriatic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2023 8:42 PM

Do it! My gay French friends recently went and loved every second of it.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2023 8:53 PM

Albania! Albania! You border on the Adriatic. Your land is mostly mountainous, and your chief export is chrome!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2023 9:23 PM

OP, you may want to seriously consider it because in Albania all seems to breathe freedom and peace, and to make one forget the world and its sad turmoils.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2023 9:24 PM

Except for that whole primary religion is Islam thing, R8.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2023 10:15 PM

Albania is the new Türkiye.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2023 10:20 PM

Türkiye is the new Turkey.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2023 10:25 PM

My current job I found last May to start when I ready in October. I know I can handle that part. The question was whether or not I should do it. Thanks everybody.

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2023 12:55 AM

Albania the poor man’s Albany

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2023 2:09 AM

No, R12, thank YOU!

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2023 3:55 AM

Durres! Do it…tell us all about it.

by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2023 4:43 AM

low rent thread

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2023 5:24 AM

You're going to be killed by vampires.

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2023 5:46 AM

Have you ever visited Albania before? If not, it seems pretty reckless to commit to living somewhere (for months) that you've never visited.

You might hate it. Then what?

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2023 6:57 AM

One month, r18.

by Anonymousreply 19June 11, 2023 6:11 PM

[quote]My plan would be to find a job that starts in November

What kind of job do you imagine would hire you 3 full months before your start date?

[quote]My current job I found last May to start when I ready in October. I know I can handle that part.

You sound like a moron.

good luck.

by Anonymousreply 20June 11, 2023 6:14 PM

That would be Romania R17

by Anonymousreply 21June 11, 2023 6:40 PM

I'm sure it's better now, but in the oughts I once had to book a room for someone in Tirana.

The Sheraton listed wooden floors as an amenity for the room I reserved. I never learned exactly what that meant, but wondered what the lesser, perhaps dirt-floored rooms were like.

by Anonymousreply 22June 11, 2023 6:49 PM

Wooden floors means hardwood floors vs carpet. Nicer than carpet you twat.

by Anonymousreply 23June 11, 2023 6:54 PM

Can I have your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 24June 11, 2023 7:33 PM

The beaches in Albania are said to be beautiful and empty and the whole country is cheap because even the Europeans haven't really discovered it yet. You can take quick ferries to the Greek islands.

by Anonymousreply 25June 11, 2023 7:51 PM

"because even the Europeans haven't really discovered it yet."

Yeah, except for the ones born and raised there 😂

by Anonymousreply 26June 12, 2023 3:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!