Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Things you still don't understand.

For me: cryptocurrency

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318June 21, 2023 12:54 PM

All the support for a war with Iraq after Sept. 11, 2001. (Never mind Bush the 2nd's stupid idea to start the war.)

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2023 6:36 PM

No one understands crypto because it makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2023 6:37 PM

How to dougie

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2023 6:37 PM

Linear time and object permanence.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2023 6:38 PM

Investment jargon. Annuities, hedge funds, mutual funds, WTF IS THIS BULLSHIT?

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2023 6:39 PM

Why don't people fall off the edge of the earth?

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2023 6:41 PM

Mutual funds are not that complicated. Instead of trying to select individual stocks to invest in, you pick a mutual fund. The mutual fund is like investing in a bunch of different stocks.

If you invest in one stock and that stock tanks, then you're out of luck. If one of the stocks in your mutual funds tanks, the odds are that the other stocks' performances will mitigate that.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2023 6:42 PM

NFTs. So if I take a photo of a cheap art poster, it will be the only photo of that poster in the world taken by me with my camera. That means it is therefore worth $62 million.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2023 6:44 PM

Cars.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2023 6:48 PM

Sometimes if feel REALLY dumb.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2023 6:49 PM

Heterosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2023 6:50 PM

Cousins "once removed." I swear I'm actually quite intelligent.

Fun fact: I have no first cousins. None. And only 2 second cousins (that I know of).

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2023 6:51 PM

In all honesty? Trigonometry.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2023 6:52 PM

Time warping, falling in, and disappearing in a Black Hole.

I also, still, don't understand how reasonable conservative Republicans could have fallen for Trump's grift.

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2023 6:54 PM

"Once removed" means that the cousin is from a different generation from you. "Twice removed" means they're two generations away from you.

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2023 6:55 PM

Some things people buy into are so stupid it fails to register how anyone could fall for it, so your mind reads it as a failure to grasp the subject.

For me, the big three:

NFTs

Donald Trump in public office

Heterosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2023 6:55 PM

r12 Oh, that's a great one. I've always been too afraid to even ask, but I googled it just now and this chart basically clarified it for me in a matter of seconds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2023 6:56 PM

Religion. Didn't get it at 5. Or 15. Or 43.

Why do we need to believe in something that clearly doesn't exist?

And why believe in ALL the insane aspects of it. Just watched that Hillsong doc on Hulu and I kept thinking: No one there really believes this shit, right?

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2023 6:58 PM

Odds.

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2023 6:59 PM

Fuck you too, r19

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2023 7:01 PM

The allure of golfing.

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2023 7:11 PM

Cigars

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2023 7:11 PM

The need to have children. I always saw it as giving up on your own life.

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2023 7:16 PM

The idiotic G4P concept/lifestyle:

"I fuck guys with my own consent, but still I'm a traditional heterosexual man".

No matter how much the media wants to distort things, once you consensually bang someone from your same sex (even if it's for $$$), you aren't str8 no more.

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2023 7:19 PM

But a lot of female prostitutes are lesbian. Just because they have sex with men doesn’t make them straight. Any more than a closeted married man is straight.

It what you fantasize about that defines your sexuality, I’d think, rather than what you specifically do.

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2023 7:24 PM

Pretty sure you could count on one hand the number of prostitutes who are lesbian but are fucking guys for cash. I mean, honestly, how did that thought even occur to you?

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2023 7:30 PM

R26 do you know any sex workers? Or lesbians? Lesbian sex workers who service men are not uncommon. Don't spout off about things you know nothing about.

by Anonymousreply 27June 5, 2023 7:33 PM

What the hell is a 'blockchain'?

by Anonymousreply 28June 5, 2023 7:38 PM

r27 They are absolutely not common, you just pulled that straight out of your ass. Lesbians so strapped for cash, they're fucking dudes? Not. A. Thing.

by Anonymousreply 29June 5, 2023 7:40 PM

How to have a successful romantic relationship 😳

by Anonymousreply 30June 5, 2023 7:44 PM

Yes, R29. It's a thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 5, 2023 7:51 PM

Why Rue didn't get an Emmy nomination for "Journey To The Centre Of Attention" while Betty was nominated for the completely forgettable "Dateline: Miami" clipshow episode. It's like the Emmy voters just checked off Betty's name

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2023 8:14 PM

R26 are you for real? Remember Eileen Wuornos? I don't have any research but I'm guess not many prostitutes do the work because they want to service unattractive men, it's a job!

Plus sucking all that sweaty cock and dealing with foul customers is enough to turn you lesbian!

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2023 8:17 PM

Myself.

by Anonymousreply 34June 5, 2023 8:24 PM

R29, you're quite an idiot, do you know that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2023 8:36 PM

Gen Z, republicans, chickfila, card games, sports, bacon wrapped shrimp, the Gallagher Brothers and why Oasis is even liked, Jay Leno, the list goes on.

by Anonymousreply 36June 5, 2023 8:40 PM

I'm a peri-eldergay and I'm still haven't been able to figure out SnapChat.

by Anonymousreply 37June 5, 2023 8:41 PM

Electricity

by Anonymousreply 38June 5, 2023 8:44 PM

The difference between coke and pepsi.

by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2023 8:47 PM

Berlin filled with expatriate bohemians.

by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2023 8:50 PM

[quote]r26 Pretty sure you could count on one hand the number of prostitutes who are lesbian but are fucking guys for cash. I mean, honestly, how did that thought even occur to you?

I made a habit of reading about prostitution back in my theater days, because the parallels between the two crafts seemed so obvious.

There are female prostitutes who have been turned off men from the time spent servicing them professionally. It seemed fairly common to me… at least 50/50.

This might be because they experience over and over men’s baser instincts toward women; objectifying them, being borderline or full on abusive, etc. These women don’t go home and think, “You know what I want right now? A stupid man’s COCK shoved up all my holes!”

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2023 8:51 PM

Why anyone with a college education would be a Republican or vote for Trump

Why anyone who isn't trans or a drag queen would be obsessed with trans people or drag queens. What is up with those Proud Boy/Patriot Front freaks showing up at Pride Events, drag brunches, etc

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2023 8:55 PM

The heroine of the film WORKING GIRLS goes home to her lesbian partner and their child after working in a brothel all day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 5, 2023 9:14 PM

[quote] I made a habit of reading about prostitution back in my theater days, because the parallels between the two crafts seemed so obvious

Say more, R41, please.

by Anonymousreply 44June 5, 2023 9:17 PM

A lot of prostitutes are lesbians. I’m not saying that being a lesbian is necessarily nurtured by early life, but it’s interesting to me how so many of them had horrendously abusive fathers and so they seem to turn to women rather than men for romance, yet can be sexually active with men as part of a survival mechanism.

by Anonymousreply 45June 5, 2023 9:22 PM

Once removed = my first cousin’s kid.

by Anonymousreply 46June 5, 2023 9:23 PM

R43 does that movie say it was directed by Lizzie Borden?!

by Anonymousreply 47June 5, 2023 9:25 PM

If they could make Charlize Theron look as bad as Aileen Wuornos, does that mean that they could make up Aileen Wuornos to look as good as Charlize Theron?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 5, 2023 9:27 PM

Something called Doja Cat.

by Anonymousreply 49June 5, 2023 9:40 PM

I don't understand the meaning of "gaslighting."

Please explain.

by Anonymousreply 50June 5, 2023 10:15 PM

R50 You do understand, I've explained it to you before. In fact I heard you explain the term to your brother.

by Anonymousreply 51June 5, 2023 10:24 PM

Gaslighting comes from the movie "Gaslight," from 1944.

It's when you deny the truth about something that you know is true (in order to drive someone crazy). Basic example: There's a dog in the room. Everybody says: "There's no dog in the room." However, there really is a dog in the room. Only one person is not "in" on the trick. That one person sees a dog and thinks he / she is going crazy because he / she sees the dog (when everybody else "doesn't" see a dog).

The term is misused a lot, so it's confusing.

by Anonymousreply 52June 5, 2023 11:09 PM

Why gay men feel abortion is a cause belonging to them?

I'm gay and with all due respect, I don't care if X or Y place in the world approve or disapproves abortion. That cause only has to concern women.

by Anonymousreply 53June 5, 2023 11:23 PM

R52 brilliant reference to a great movie, and Dame Angela Lansbury's first role, as the tarty maid!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 5, 2023 11:33 PM

[quote]Why gay men feel abortion is a cause belonging to them?

They don't.

But, setting that clearly false narrative aside, gay men support reproductive rights because they're based on the notion of bodily autonomy and privacy. Women should be able to do what they want with their own bodies, an argument not too dissimilar to why gay men should be free to have sex with other men without interference by third parties.

It's a hop, skip, and one Supreme Court ruling back to the days when homosexual acts were illegal. In 1986, the Court decided Bowers v. Hardwick based on the right to privacy although it was a wacky ruling that didn't invalidate the Georgia law.

by Anonymousreply 55June 5, 2023 11:41 PM

How can a thermos keep things both hot and cold?

by Anonymousreply 56June 5, 2023 11:58 PM

The same Christofascists who are against gay rights are the ones trying to end abortion rights

by Anonymousreply 57June 5, 2023 11:58 PM

[quote]The same Christofascists who are against gay rights are the ones trying to end abortion rights

I don't understand how someone could NOT understand that fundie xtian nutbags would be against the gays and abortions since the majority of their arguments are based on fundie xtian nutbag interpretations of the bible.

by Anonymousreply 58June 6, 2023 12:00 AM

Bitcoin

by Anonymousreply 59June 6, 2023 12:17 AM

The woke cult freak-out that consumed the minds of millions after around 2016

by Anonymousreply 60June 6, 2023 12:21 AM

The spokesmodel category on "Star Search."

by Anonymousreply 61June 6, 2023 12:53 AM

Most classic Russian novels. I love the psychological insights and characterizations, but I get lost in the patronymic nicknames and the large casts of characters.

by Anonymousreply 62June 6, 2023 1:04 AM

E-sports. Isn't this just video games? Aren't gamers sitting on their fat asses the very antithesis of athletes? So why are they talking about adding e-sports to the Olympics?

by Anonymousreply 63June 6, 2023 1:26 AM

Also, the metaverse. I have no idea what it's all about, except that it seems to attract people I wouldn't like to interact with in any universe.

by Anonymousreply 64June 6, 2023 1:29 AM

R64, lol! I feel the same way

by Anonymousreply 65June 6, 2023 1:30 AM

I've spent my entire life wondering why straight women have sex with (or even put up with) straight men. The last time I looked at the data it showed that 62% of straight women have never had an orgasm from penis-vagina intercourse. WTF?? What's the point?

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that straight women are idiots.

by Anonymousreply 66June 6, 2023 1:32 AM

What kind of voodoo is this? It never made sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 6, 2023 1:40 AM

A cousin once removed can also be your parent’s first cousin.

A thermostat uses warm air to heat a room/house to bring it up to specified temperature, when it’s colder outside than you want your room/house to be inside. The thermostat also uses cold air to make a room or house colder inside than it is outside. So, say, 70 degrees is warm when it’s 33 degrees outside, and 70 degrees is cool when it’s 90 degrees outside.

by Anonymousreply 68June 6, 2023 1:41 AM

The popularity of Bruce Springsteen

The Kardashians

Survivor

Why Edward VIII gave up the throne for Wallis Warfield Simpson

Pierced anything

Tattoos

How OJ got away with murder

by Anonymousreply 69June 6, 2023 1:45 AM

Paisley

by Anonymousreply 70June 6, 2023 1:47 AM

Thank you r55.

Gay men should absolutely care about abortion because we should all be free to do whatever the fuck we want with our own bodies. It’s our business. That’s the issue. Not the boo hoo fetus part of it. The uh oh sodomy is suddenly illegal again part of it.

by Anonymousreply 71June 6, 2023 2:14 AM

When unwanted children are brought into the world and have parents who are unfit and/or unable to support them, they become everybody's problem.

by Anonymousreply 72June 6, 2023 2:21 AM

[quote] The last time I looked at the data it showed that 62%

Weird, R66 - last time I "looked at the data" it was only 60%

by Anonymousreply 73June 6, 2023 2:24 AM

The current state of Bridget Fonda

by Anonymousreply 74June 6, 2023 2:25 AM

[quote]E-sports. Isn't this just video games? Aren't gamers sitting on their fat asses the very antithesis of athletes? So why are they talking about adding e-sports to the Olympics?

Yes. Moreover, I don't understand how some people make tens of thousands of dollars a month by having strangers pay them to watch the gamer play online.

"Join my livestream on Twitch!"

Who would want to watch a complete stranger play a video game?

by Anonymousreply 75June 6, 2023 2:27 AM

Magic tricks. How do they do it? Like the sawing the woman in half.

by Anonymousreply 76June 6, 2023 2:29 AM

A drag queen fan who is also a right wing conservative

by Anonymousreply 77June 6, 2023 2:30 AM

The appeal of Calabasas to celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 78June 6, 2023 2:33 AM

Sara Haines on THE VIEW. I can never understand where she's going when it's her turn to speak, as she goes all over the place. She knows she's losing her cohosts at the table, and then inserts "What I'm saying is..." when she tries to wrap her shit up. By then it's too late - she lost everyone and no one gives two shits of 'what she's saying'.

by Anonymousreply 79June 6, 2023 2:35 AM

[quote]Who would want to watch a complete stranger play a video game?

Kids. Their audience is 99% children under the age of 10.

by Anonymousreply 80June 6, 2023 3:38 AM

I just don't get how the fuck a band like Coldplay have stayed relevant and successful. For me, they have overstayed their welcome.

by Anonymousreply 81June 6, 2023 4:28 AM

How anybody can argue that Britney has ever had any intellect or talent beyond cosplaying jail bait and continuing her quest to stay relevant and noteworthy via her "sex appeal."

Why comically huge asses became (and are still, for the most part) so popular and so desirable. It's like people think that possessing a big, fat ass automatically means the possessor is some sex god or goddess.

This is not true.

by Anonymousreply 82June 6, 2023 4:39 AM

The Usual Suspects.

by Anonymousreply 83June 6, 2023 4:49 AM

Why more people don’t push back against gender ideology and nonbinary pronouns. What is everyone so afraid of?

by Anonymousreply 84June 6, 2023 4:54 AM

How do gay bottoms take enormous cocks? If you look at a diagram of the human rectum, it curves after a few inches. So when a bottom takes a huge cock, does the rectum get straightened out? Otherwise, I’m not sure where the cock would go other than to bust right through the wall of the rectum or colon and cause a deadly injury.

by Anonymousreply 85June 6, 2023 4:58 AM

Not really sure what is meant by existentialism. Yeah. I could look it up. but probably still won't understand.

So, what is an example of an existential crisis?

by Anonymousreply 86June 6, 2023 5:22 AM

Thanks R85. Just great.

Now I'm turned on and need to go jack off.

by Anonymousreply 87June 6, 2023 5:34 AM

Any complicated mathematical equation. I don’t get it. I don’t understand the need for it.

The existence of life. We think. We imagine. We have souls. But why?

I don’t understand that there was no creator before the Big Bang. Something had to have created the dust that created the universe. Out of nothing. I don’t understand.

by Anonymousreply 88June 6, 2023 5:41 AM

[quote]I don’t understand that there was no creator before the Big Bang. Something had to have created the dust that created the universe. Out of nothing. I don’t understand.

Yes. What was before the universe? What did it have to expand into if it didn't already exist?

by Anonymousreply 89June 6, 2023 5:50 AM

It was a hot, dense state, R88.

by Anonymousreply 90June 6, 2023 5:59 AM

Why all high school students need to learn algebra and geometry. Who the fuck uses this in real life? I have an MBA and work in finance and I don’t even use this shit.

by Anonymousreply 91June 6, 2023 6:02 AM

R66 took the words right out of my mouth, and, at the same time, said it better than I ever could.

And it's not just the bad sex - why would any woman want to live with a man, as in share a house, share a life, in other words, get hitched to a man? One can only think that straight women are not very intelligent at all. (Every time I share these sentiments here I get bullied... let me brace myself.)

by Anonymousreply 92June 6, 2023 6:49 AM

R92 ever think your view is coloured because you're not attracted to men? If you have attraction to someone or you are "in love" you can put up with a lot of things.

Or historically it was social pressure, the instinct to procreate, the need for security as men earn more, the pressure to please, safety & security, a sense of belonging. Take your pick

by Anonymousreply 93June 6, 2023 7:06 AM

-Why anyone likes watching tennis, golf, basketball or baseball on TV. I’d rather do chores- at least they’re useful.

-I don’t see how running or walking on a treadmill that is moving is the same exercise as propeling your own body by running or walking on a non-moving surface like a track, pavement or field. One obviously is easier and takes less energy and has less resistance. I don’t see why people pay good money to do this indoors, either. I’d rather be outside. Not in a communal sweat box / germ factory.

I don’t get why so many people love news shows and / or singing contest / fame shows.

by Anonymousreply 94June 6, 2023 7:10 AM

[quote] why would any woman want to live with a man, as in share a house, share a life, in other words, get hitched to a man?

I’m a gay man and wonder why any man would want to live with a man, as in share a house, share a life, in other words, get hitched to a man? I don’t believe in marriage, gay or straight, other than to secure assets under a marital contract, i.e., very traditional marriage as occurred in the Roman Empire and in the Middle Ages. Marriage not for love but for security and expansion of wealth.

by Anonymousreply 95June 6, 2023 7:10 AM

Why are straight me so stupid?

by Anonymousreply 96June 6, 2023 7:11 AM

[quote] I just don't get how the fuck a band like Coldplay have stayed relevant and successful. For me, they have overstayed their welcome.

Are you suggesting a conscious uncoupling with Coldplay?

by Anonymousreply 97June 6, 2023 7:13 AM

R92 it makes logical sense that gay men and lesbians have better sex lives. I have a penis and I know what makes it feel good so I know how to pleasure another one. I wouldn’t have a clue what to do with a vagina since I don’t have one.

by Anonymousreply 98June 6, 2023 7:18 AM

Iowa

by Anonymousreply 99June 6, 2023 7:32 AM

where the spider went that was on my arm yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 100June 6, 2023 7:43 AM

r91 Because "the powers that be" have decided that at some point, we have to separate the wheat from the chaff ... it is the 7-12 graders who excel in math and actually DO THEIR MATH HOMEWORK EACH NIGHT that will (probably) make the best employees...those that don't, will have to settle for "reduced expectations." The process of separating out these young people has to start somewhere, and society has decided that it starts in 7-12 math classes. College admissions officers look VERY CLOSELY at applicants' math grades going all the way back to freshman year in HS. Believe it; I was one.

by Anonymousreply 101June 6, 2023 7:45 AM

Struggling in a city when you can downsize and eat. Like name brand food.

by Anonymousreply 102June 6, 2023 7:50 AM

R93, I'm not speaking historically. And to answer your question, I'm not attracted to women with bad behavior, either.

Are you a gay man?

by Anonymousreply 103June 6, 2023 8:20 AM

R103 I just read ove my post and while I said 'historically' I think any of those reasons could apply today. I didn't suggest you were attracted to women with bad behaviour.

Btw a lot of those reasons apply to men too, they need women more than they need them

by Anonymousreply 104June 6, 2023 8:32 AM

The Heterosexual Downlow of Ann Coulter

by Anonymousreply 105June 6, 2023 8:37 AM

I don’t understand why people would watch a movie or TV on their phone when they have a computer or TV nearby. Why squint at a tiny screen? Who would enjoy that? For that matter, I don’t get why people use their phones as a computer at home except for quick, easy things.

by Anonymousreply 106June 6, 2023 8:53 AM

R101, you've just described the reason why so many employers require college degrees for jobs that obviously don’t require a college education: Separating the wheat from the chaff; keeping out the riffraff.

by Anonymousreply 107June 6, 2023 8:56 AM

R23, survival of the species is a fundamental instinct for all species. The urge to reproduce to pass on one’s genes is a primal urge for many/most people, although probably not so many at the DL.

There’s also the desire for continuity with future generations, a sense that a part of you will live on after your death and for many generations to come.

Practically speaking, there’s also the desire to have someone to look after you when you’re old.

For most people, at least until recently, having children wasn’t “giving up on your own life”. It was the main purpose of your life.

I have no children myself, so this is all theoretical to me, but I do understand it.

by Anonymousreply 108June 6, 2023 8:58 AM

Current standards of hotness and good looks in men (and women, too, but I ponder that conundrum less often) puzzle and mystify me.

Most of the supposedly hot men I see talked about in the media look like boys to me. Even if they're clearly grown men, they try to look like teenagers and act like teenagers most of the time, too.

by Anonymousreply 109June 6, 2023 9:23 AM

String theory

by Anonymousreply 110June 6, 2023 9:25 AM

Why Erna even exists

by Anonymousreply 111June 6, 2023 9:29 AM

EDM or electronic music in general. Besides fraus dancing to it, I see little to no actual value in its creativity. Same thing with modern rap and R&B. Just talentless music. It's time for a more classic style of music to have a renaissance that isn't more urban kick or Disco. Bring back the regular singer-songwriter that doesn't sing like Ed Sheeran.

by Anonymousreply 112June 6, 2023 9:31 AM

Better, R112, bring back songwriters who could write appealing melodies and singers who could sing. Let each do with they're best at.

by Anonymousreply 113June 6, 2023 9:35 AM

Calculus. Why?

by Anonymousreply 114June 6, 2023 9:38 AM

I fully agree with you R113. The world needs another Burt Bacharach or even Lennon/McCartney, Wilson/Love type songwriters. Music from the past is timeless because of the personal touch the songs had.

by Anonymousreply 115June 6, 2023 9:49 AM

What happened to make every single thing in the 1970s so horrifically ugly, from hairstyles to floor lamps. It's like aesthetics just universally fell off a cliff.

by Anonymousreply 116June 6, 2023 10:22 AM

R101 "DO THEIR MATH HOMEWORK EACH NIGHT"

I hate to be the one to tell you this but homework is not allowed anymore, because we raise snowflakes. My sister teaches in a very affluent neighborhood in Denver - they banned homework years ago after parents complained and convinced the school board.

by Anonymousreply 117June 6, 2023 10:24 AM

R117 lol. Do they do extra time in school instead?

by Anonymousreply 118June 6, 2023 10:32 AM

How people can be OK with becoming grossly obese, even to the point of being immobile.

by Anonymousreply 119June 6, 2023 11:09 AM

Trance music

Not smart enough to understand it I guess.

by Anonymousreply 120June 6, 2023 11:39 AM

How the hot side stayed hot and the cool side stayed cool in the McDLT

by Anonymousreply 121June 6, 2023 11:44 AM

I still don't know how to Wang Chung tonight.

by Anonymousreply 122June 6, 2023 12:00 PM

How people’s personalities and essences, for lack of a better term, just end with death.

Intellectually I understand the mechanics of physical death, but I just can’t grasp how a person who has distinct thoughts, preferences, a sense of humor, etc. can just be gone forever.

I’ve recently had classmates (we’re in our 40s now) who have died of cancer and other natural causes. One knew she was terminal and the other died unexpectedly. Both were still themselves, still funny, still individuals in all that that means in the days before they were just finished. How can all of that be just lost and over?

by Anonymousreply 123June 6, 2023 1:39 PM

R123 it's not

by Anonymousreply 124June 6, 2023 1:47 PM

Why anyone still cares about, or puts any legitimacy into, award shows

by Anonymousreply 125June 6, 2023 2:44 PM

r124, share your thoughts please.

by Anonymousreply 126June 6, 2023 2:51 PM

Why do gross fat people like Lizzo want to be half naked all the time these days?

by Anonymousreply 127June 6, 2023 3:34 PM

The movie "Inception."

by Anonymousreply 128June 6, 2023 3:51 PM

The meteoric social rise of Derek Blasberg

by Anonymousreply 129June 6, 2023 3:56 PM

Why so many woke gays passionately support trans issues when they have nothing to do with gay issues and are sometimes even detrimental to gay issues.

by Anonymousreply 130June 6, 2023 4:44 PM

Why straight men are so obsessed with lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 131June 6, 2023 4:45 PM

Michael Jackson's fans.

by Anonymousreply 132June 6, 2023 4:46 PM

Janbot

by Anonymousreply 133June 6, 2023 4:47 PM

It's dead, r133.

Its brain will be studied.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134June 6, 2023 5:09 PM

Why it’s a crime to get a blowjob in a car but not to attempt to overthrow the government.

by Anonymousreply 135June 6, 2023 5:53 PM

R135 Actually, lots of people have been getting prison time. It's an underreported story, I think.

I think your point, however, is why isn't Trump charged. Well, the story's not over....

by Anonymousreply 136June 6, 2023 6:12 PM

What's going on with testicles.

by Anonymousreply 137June 6, 2023 6:13 PM

How and why Bluto became Brutus

by Anonymousreply 138June 6, 2023 6:25 PM

Billie Eilish.

by Anonymousreply 139June 6, 2023 6:38 PM

Taylor Swift

by Anonymousreply 140June 6, 2023 6:52 PM

Pete Davidson.

by Anonymousreply 141June 6, 2023 7:12 PM

R66 your internalized misogyny is noticeable.

by Anonymousreply 142June 6, 2023 7:33 PM

R142, I'm not R66, but why is it misogyny to have such an opinion? Asking sincerely.

by Anonymousreply 143June 6, 2023 8:48 PM

Call me r122 😉

by Anonymousreply 144June 6, 2023 9:41 PM

R142 because penises feel nice and it's not all about orgasms...

by Anonymousreply 145June 6, 2023 9:49 PM

Sorry that was meant for R66

by Anonymousreply 146June 6, 2023 9:50 PM

How a gay man can have sex with a trans man just because the trans calls themselves a “man.”

by Anonymousreply 147June 6, 2023 9:50 PM

[quote] [R142] because penises feel nice and it's not all about orgasms...

Yes, it is all about orgasms.

by Anonymousreply 148June 6, 2023 9:57 PM

Cocteau Twins lyrics

by Anonymousreply 149June 6, 2023 10:00 PM

I thank God every day to be a gay man who doesn’t have to deal with women. Trying to give a woman an orgasm sounds like the task from hell. Men are easy to please. We know what gets us off and the same things work on almost every man.

by Anonymousreply 150June 6, 2023 10:06 PM

R148 if it was I could live freely and happily alone with my personal nuts : )

by Anonymousreply 151June 6, 2023 10:14 PM

R149 Cocteau Twins lyrics aren't supposed to make sense.

[Quote] "lyrics range from straightforward English to semi-comprehensible sentences (glossolalia) and abstract mouth music. For some recordings, Fraser has said that she used foreign words without knowing what they meant – the words acquired meaning for her only as she sang them” (Wikipedia)

by Anonymousreply 152June 6, 2023 10:20 PM

R50 wins this thread!

by Anonymousreply 153June 6, 2023 10:32 PM

[quote] How people’s personalities and essences, for lack of a better term, just end with death.

And sometimes at 40.

by Anonymousreply 154June 6, 2023 11:33 PM

Sometimes, well before 40.

by Anonymousreply 155June 6, 2023 11:36 PM

Why 33% of us are Republicants/Trumptards.

by Anonymousreply 156June 7, 2023 12:20 AM

[quote]Something called Doja Cat.

Doja Cat has some bangers though.

by Anonymousreply 157June 7, 2023 1:06 AM

I still have no idea what the fuck Bitcoin is.

by Anonymousreply 158June 7, 2023 1:15 AM

Why Marvel movies are so damn popular. It's basically the same plotline over and over and over and over.

by Anonymousreply 159June 7, 2023 1:18 AM

But does she have bops, R157? Is she a mood?

by Anonymousreply 160June 7, 2023 1:20 AM

Since we call piss "pee," why don't we call shit "ess"?

by Anonymousreply 161June 7, 2023 1:20 AM

[quote]R88 I don’t understand that there was no creator before the Big Bang. Something had to have created the dust that created the universe.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 162June 7, 2023 1:25 AM

R21 Golf is fun ... if you allow it to be. You get out in the fresh air, on a beautiful course and spend a few hours doing something that is fun, challenging, and if you are a walker, physically active. It can be a great way to get together with friends, and also be a good way to make new friends when you get paired with a player you don't know. Unless you are a pro playing for money, glory, whatever, it's you and your skill. It's is a physical game, but also an extremely mental game. You can really mess your mind up if you're not 'on your game' so to speak. It's odd. One day you'll play a round and just kill it. You'll nail every putt, and drive the ball long and straight from every tee box. Then you head out a few days later, brimming with confidence, feeling like a million bucks and then you play like shit. It just fucks your head over. But that is golf. Hate it, love it, you always come back for more. I've loved golf from the first time I picked up a club. It just takes you in and captures you. Great, great sport.

by Anonymousreply 163June 7, 2023 1:33 AM

[quote]R123 Intellectually I understand the mechanics of physical death, but I just can’t grasp how a person who has distinct thoughts, preferences, a sense of humor, etc. can just be gone forever.

There is some very naive grappling in this thread.

The above poster sounds like a 6-year-old: “How could Gramma just be GONE?? Where did her SMILE go? How can we never have her COOKIES again??”

by Anonymousreply 164June 7, 2023 1:36 AM

[quote] Why all high school students need to learn algebra and geometry. Who the fuck uses this in real life? I have an MBA and work in finance and I don’t even use this shit.

I don't think algebra and geometry are required in all high schools.

Anyway, what's wrong with learning it?

A guy goes to the gym and bench presses 200 lbs. You could say that's a waste of time because, in everyday life, he'll never have to lift anything off his chest that weighs 200 lbs.

We can appreciate his pecs, though.

by Anonymousreply 165June 7, 2023 1:42 AM

Algebra and geometry were required in my HS, r165. And neither did anything for my pecs. Nor for any other part of me.

by Anonymousreply 166June 7, 2023 1:44 AM

R165 Because it was absolute fucking torture that was completely pointless. That’s why. For whatever reason, the way my brain works or whatever, I could never get it. I struggled with it in high school and in college and I got a shitload of tutoring, and I just barely retained enough of it to barely pass the tests. I now have a graduate degree, and I’ve never used any of this XY squared bullshit in my career. And ironically, the math that I do need to use in my career I have no problem with whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 167June 7, 2023 1:49 AM

I used to say the same thing, about why we needed algebra and calculus and geometry...now that I'm older though I get that it's good to at least learn them, not because it's useful but it's important to learn how to use your brain, even if you forget it after.

by Anonymousreply 168June 7, 2023 2:12 AM

Learning is an end in itself.

by Anonymousreply 169June 7, 2023 2:15 AM

r162, if you only believe in evidence and science then you MUST question what created the elements that allegedly created the ubiverse?

So, to you, why not??? If it has been important to you to be ok with making so much effort to understand the origins of the universe, scientifically speaking, then why wouldn’t it compel you to know what created the “dust”.

It all comes down to accepting the very existence of our known universe. That in itself is one fucked up concept no one truly understands.

(I also don’t understand how NASA provides close up images of distant planets yet it’s just a dot of red or whatever. I don’t understand how we went to the moon in the 60s but have never been back to build bases)

by Anonymousreply 170June 7, 2023 4:24 AM

How a party of small government turned into mini Mussolinis. They want freedom only in what they believe in. Fuck the rest. Um no, ignorant fuck it’s called books scare you and keep you up at night and, no, it’s not because you open them.

by Anonymousreply 171June 7, 2023 4:28 AM

[quote]r170 I don’t understand how we went to the moon in the 60s but have never been back to build bases

What purpose would such bases serve? And do you have any idea how expensive it would be to build and maintain them?

There are plenty of issues on Earth that need public funds, already.

by Anonymousreply 172June 7, 2023 4:30 AM

I don’t understand why some people love pit bulls. I don’t understand how vegans survive. I don’t get the recent rise of tattoos. I can’t wrap my mind around believing conspiracies. Most are too stupid to be taken seriously. I don’t understand why churches get away with not paying taxes.

by Anonymousreply 173June 7, 2023 5:06 AM

Why lesbians like strap-ons. If you hate dick, why do you want a fake one?

by Anonymousreply 174June 7, 2023 5:12 AM

It's the penetration that feels good, R174, done by a sexy woman whom one is attracted to. It's very, very different from being penetrated by a hairy (or un-hairy, what have you) man; all of it is different.

And if one is wearing the strap-on and doing the penetration instead of receiving it, it's delicious to see the pleasure and reactions in a woman's face and body, and hearing the moaning and screaming (my favorite sound in the world, really).

by Anonymousreply 175June 7, 2023 6:45 AM

R175 so you're a top!

I knew I liked you.

by Anonymousreply 176June 7, 2023 7:26 AM

R176, I like receiving as much as - or perhaps a little more than - giving, truthfully. I'm a sucker for being penetrated (anally, too), it's what I like best in sex. What can I say? I like to... get railed. I've been shamed in the past for liking it hard, which I thought was idiotic. I like what I like, and I can't change it.

by Anonymousreply 177June 7, 2023 7:49 AM

My job requires a basic understanding of (simple) algebra. Algebra is just solving puzzles. It’s fun. And it requires you to hold more than one thought in your head, think logically and evaluate if the conclusion you’ve come to makes sense. Those are all useful skills. The way algebra is generally taught in the US though isn’t helpful; algebra isn’t supposed to be rigid. It lends itself to finding rather than knowing the right way.

Calculus OTOH probably is cousins with trance music; mysteries wrapped in a riddle shrouded by an enigma to paraphrase Churchill.

by Anonymousreply 178June 7, 2023 10:04 AM

Why the US is fine with violence in films, tv and games and guns in real life but freaks out at sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 179June 7, 2023 10:36 AM

Why Americans need enormous refrigerators yet still eat fast food or order delivery all the time.

by Anonymousreply 180June 7, 2023 12:04 PM

R180 I agree, but I'd change it to "kitchens." And why Americans need open floor plan huge kitchen/family rooms, "so they can keep an eye on the kids while they get dinner ready" when they don't cook dinner and the kids are always away from home schlepping around from one horrid extracurricular activity to the next.

by Anonymousreply 181June 7, 2023 12:10 PM

Gravitrons

Bitcoin "Mining"

by Anonymousreply 182June 7, 2023 12:29 PM

Why anyone gambles when they know the house always wins.

by Anonymousreply 183June 7, 2023 12:30 PM

When and why many people stopped treating pets like, well... pets.

by Anonymousreply 184June 7, 2023 12:34 PM

How people fit inside the TV.

by Anonymousreply 185June 7, 2023 12:39 PM

R149 Hold my beer...

by Anonymousreply 186June 7, 2023 1:45 PM

YES, R186, please!

It's been entirely too long...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 7, 2023 1:52 PM

R178

[quote]Algebra is just solving puzzles. It’s fun.

You talk like this on dates, don’t you?

by Anonymousreply 188June 7, 2023 2:42 PM

R180 I know more than a few people who have an entire separate fridge just for soda, beer, ice.

Americans also love huge free standing freezers for ice cream and bulk meat storage.

by Anonymousreply 189June 7, 2023 2:46 PM

(hyperventilating)

by Anonymousreply 190June 7, 2023 2:58 PM

R188 yep

(To be fair my wife loves calculus so she isn’t particularly impressed by my math skills)

by Anonymousreply 191June 7, 2023 4:17 PM

[quote]Americans also love huge free standing freezers for ice cream and bulk meat storage.

And corpses!

by Anonymousreply 192June 7, 2023 4:18 PM

My mom had a small (dorm-type) beer / soda fridge in her patio. Necessary? No, I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 193June 7, 2023 4:35 PM

[quote]Things you still don't understand.

Uncircumcised men.

Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 194June 7, 2023 6:42 PM

[quote] Yuck.

Grown men who speak like 10-year-old girls.

by Anonymousreply 195June 7, 2023 7:19 PM

Idiots who hook up with day laborers and then expect a clean uncut cock.

by Anonymousreply 196June 7, 2023 8:11 PM

R178, I agree. Studying math beyond basic arithmetic is mostly useless in a practical sense but good for your brain. It develops cognitive skills. The same can be said for studying a foreign language for most people. Students should be presented with intellectually challenging tasks to hone their thinking and reasoning, improve their focus on rationality and logic instead of emotion (which is desperately needed these days!), and in general teach them that sometimes in life you have to exercise your brain in order to succeed.

by Anonymousreply 197June 7, 2023 8:56 PM

R189, most Americans in the suburbs do a one-weekly shopping trip to the supermarket. We don't do that European (or New Yorker) shop every day thing. This requires food storage space.

Some people like to cook, and so they keep a lot of stuff on hand and end up with leftovers to freeze for another day. Others don't like to cook and rely on various frozen dishes - like those from Trader Joe's - for dinner. The typical freezer is nowhere near big enough to accommodate all that stuff. That's why separate freezers are popular. My little chest freezer is a godsend and one of the best purchases I ever made.

by Anonymousreply 198June 7, 2023 9:01 PM

R193, not necessary but convenient. That's not hard to understand.

by Anonymousreply 199June 7, 2023 9:05 PM

Advanced math teaches kids how to problem solve with logic. Really all you ever need to know is the order of operations for the type of equation you are solving.

by Anonymousreply 200June 7, 2023 9:30 PM

R200 It’s too bad we can’t get our politicians to solve problems with logic. Maybe then we wouldn’t have people in prison for smoking weed, people on the sex offender registry for public urination, and “trans kids.”

by Anonymousreply 201June 7, 2023 9:36 PM

Whitches!

by Anonymousreply 202June 7, 2023 10:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203June 7, 2023 11:33 PM

R189 That's me. I have a massive Viking fridge and a separate one for drink storage, plus a very large, dedicated ice maker behind the bar. It like to have some fun stuff, so deal. There is nothing worse than some schlump standing at the refrigerator with the door open and a dumb look on their face, looking for something to drink and the ice.

by Anonymousreply 204June 8, 2023 12:34 AM

[quote]How people fit inside the TV.

It's not that complicated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205June 8, 2023 12:47 AM

Math is just a made up language. that is useful in helping us do stuff. Like calculating the area under a curve. Some you act as though it is a real thing. It's not. It's just a kind of shorthand.

by Anonymousreply 206June 8, 2023 2:42 AM

Why is my G spot in my ass?

by Anonymousreply 207June 8, 2023 2:51 AM

Why I can't get the Its a Living theme song out of my head but have no desire to watch the show episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208June 8, 2023 5:10 AM

How can an asshole smell so good? Shit comes out of there, but then you wash it and it smells like heaven,

by Anonymousreply 209June 8, 2023 6:39 AM

Quote[There is nothing worse than some schlump standing at the refrigerator with the door open and a dumb look on their face, looking for something to drink and the ice.]

I can think of worse things

by Anonymousreply 210June 8, 2023 6:59 AM

Stepping in dog shit.

That is worse.

by Anonymousreply 211June 8, 2023 7:34 AM

[quote]There is nothing worse than some schlump standing at the refrigerator

Imagine Lizzo sitting on your face.

by Anonymousreply 212June 8, 2023 7:39 AM

Phimosis.

That is also worse.

by Anonymousreply 213June 8, 2023 7:43 AM

The (gay) American obsession with foreskins.

by Anonymousreply 214June 8, 2023 8:25 AM

R207, maybe because of your prostate.

by Anonymousreply 215June 8, 2023 9:31 AM

Everyone is obsessed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216June 8, 2023 9:47 AM

Why did Gene Tierney’s character in LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN get so dolled up in a sexy negligee before throwing herself downstairs to abort her unborn child? No one can give me a satisfactory explanation.

by Anonymousreply 217June 8, 2023 10:24 AM

She was hoping her hooters would fall out as she was an exhibitionist

by Anonymousreply 218June 8, 2023 11:32 AM

Maybe she wanted to be pretty to the EMT guys, r217.

by Anonymousreply 219June 8, 2023 11:47 AM

Tennis scoring.

by Anonymousreply 220June 8, 2023 12:07 PM

R217 wasn't the idea that she felt so unattractive being pregnant and neglected by her husband spending his time with his sister. And wearing heels was the excuse for the accidental fall down the staircase that caused the miscarriage.

by Anonymousreply 221June 8, 2023 12:38 PM

...her sister.

by Anonymousreply 222June 8, 2023 12:38 PM

[quote]r217 Why did Gene Tierney’s character in LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN get so dolled up in a sexy negligee before throwing herself downstairs to abort her unborn child?

Maybe she was diverting attention from her guilt. She wanted her husband to think how beautiful she was when she was found (dead or alive) and how she’d never possibly do such a thing on her own.

She was taking the risk of killing herself.

by Anonymousreply 223June 8, 2023 9:28 PM

Why do dental benefits suck compared to medical benefits? Why? Why is this? If you have a legitimate dental health issue, why the fuck is it not covered like medical issues are? I will never understand this.

by Anonymousreply 224June 8, 2023 9:57 PM

Why, as Howard Stern noted, lesbians equal ratings.

by Anonymousreply 225June 8, 2023 9:59 PM

R224, maybe because dental insurance premiums are relatively low.

by Anonymousreply 226June 9, 2023 2:51 AM

R224 For that matter, why do we have medical, dental, and vision insurance? Teeth and eyes are part of the body, so why are those specifically broken out? Why don’t we have hand insurance or testicle insurance?

by Anonymousreply 227June 9, 2023 3:17 AM

Because dentists and optometrists have separate rackets from MDs.

by Anonymousreply 228June 9, 2023 3:21 AM

The Sting

by Anonymousreply 229June 9, 2023 7:12 AM

Star Wars

by Anonymousreply 230June 9, 2023 7:12 AM

Selena Gomez

by Anonymousreply 231June 9, 2023 7:12 AM

Harris Faulkner

by Anonymousreply 232June 9, 2023 7:13 AM

Sara Haines

by Anonymousreply 233June 9, 2023 7:13 AM

Laura Ingraham

by Anonymousreply 234June 9, 2023 7:24 AM

Doria Markle

by Anonymousreply 235June 9, 2023 7:25 AM

How when I speak on my cellphone, you hear my voice on yours!

by Anonymousreply 236June 9, 2023 12:57 PM

The difference between a crocodile and an alligator.

by Anonymousreply 237June 9, 2023 1:08 PM

R14, most have not fallen for his grift. Rather they choose to support him for political power. They are almost worse than Trump because they know he’s a con man yet they enable him.

by Anonymousreply 238June 9, 2023 1:41 PM

Why water desalination is such a convoluted and expensive process.

by Anonymousreply 239June 9, 2023 3:23 PM

why jazz vocalists are not called out as just poor singers. My voice is going - I'll do a jazz album!

by Anonymousreply 240June 9, 2023 3:33 PM

R240 How DARE you!

by Anonymousreply 241June 9, 2023 3:52 PM

Why more people don’t realize Lady Gaga is a fraud

by Anonymousreply 242June 9, 2023 5:41 PM

Helen Keller has graced us at R242

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243June 9, 2023 5:47 PM

Why does Lady Gaga try so hard to make herself look like a hideous transsexual when she’s actually not that bad looking?

by Anonymousreply 244June 9, 2023 5:50 PM

Jabba. Does it get paid?

by Anonymousreply 245June 9, 2023 6:04 PM

How all our organs fit in our bodies. Aren't intestines like 3 feet long? How do they fit the lungs, heart, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, female/male reproductive organs, etc. all in there?

by Anonymousreply 246June 9, 2023 6:13 PM

[quote]How all our organs fit in our bodies. Aren't intestines like 3 feet long? How do they fit the lungs, heart, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, female/male reproductive organs, etc. all in there?

What are you talking about? I have spare room left!

by Anonymousreply 247June 9, 2023 6:17 PM

Trans. Wish I understood it better.

by Anonymousreply 248June 9, 2023 6:23 PM

Extroverts. Jesus Christ, just stfu already!

by Anonymousreply 249June 9, 2023 6:25 PM

R244 She is a very homely woman. Pre and post plastic surgery

by Anonymousreply 250June 9, 2023 6:43 PM

R250-

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251June 9, 2023 6:52 PM

R250 She looked pretty normal in “A Star Is Born.”

by Anonymousreply 252June 9, 2023 7:14 PM

[quote]Because dentists and optometrists have separate rackets from MDs.

So do chiropractors, but they're usually covered by medical insurance.

by Anonymousreply 253June 9, 2023 7:44 PM

Discord

by Anonymousreply 254June 9, 2023 9:06 PM

Sex. What on earth are we meant to be doing down there?

by Anonymousreply 255June 9, 2023 9:09 PM

FTL, especially Warp Drive.

by Anonymousreply 256June 9, 2023 9:28 PM

Also Podiatrists. I mean teeth and eyes kinda sorta make sense different enough to be special, but why do feet not get treated by regular doctors???

by Anonymousreply 257June 9, 2023 9:41 PM

I don't understand how two employees of a tacky restaurant in Los Angeles being caught fucking evolved into something called Scandoval and was covered by reputable news outlets. Even if the lady who got fucked was the former best friend of the fucker's former girlfriend. The magnitude of this makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 258June 9, 2023 10:00 PM

Timeauthé Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 259June 9, 2023 10:14 PM

I don’t understand why I constantly overconsume food which I know is harming me.

by Anonymousreply 260June 9, 2023 10:20 PM

Sex

by Anonymousreply 261June 9, 2023 10:29 PM

Plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 262June 9, 2023 11:01 PM

Algebra

by Anonymousreply 263June 9, 2023 11:29 PM

Inglech.

by Anonymousreply 264June 9, 2023 11:33 PM

Why I have to support trans automatically.

by Anonymousreply 265June 10, 2023 12:33 AM

Shakira’s looks. She has just about the blandest looks I’ve seen. I can’t really explain it, but I would not be able to describe her face to someone who had never seen her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266June 10, 2023 12:38 AM

R266, she doesn't slather a ton of makeup onto her face. That is why she looks ordinary... because she is.

by Anonymousreply 267June 10, 2023 5:05 AM

R258 Is this that Vanderpoop show you're referring to? I agree if so. Why would anyone give a flying fuck?

by Anonymousreply 268June 10, 2023 5:07 AM

R257, Podiatry is a specialty. Like OB-GYN, cardiac medicine, and psychiatry, specialized body parts require specialized doctors. No doctor knows everything about every part of the body.

How did you get to be an elder and miss this?

by Anonymousreply 269June 10, 2023 5:13 AM

Life in general.

by Anonymousreply 270June 10, 2023 7:11 AM

The “Housewives” franchise.

by Anonymousreply 271June 10, 2023 7:12 AM

How the overturning of Roe v Wade hurts transgender and nonbinary people more than women. That’s what the media claims, but…….:

by Anonymousreply 272June 10, 2023 7:24 AM

How I can be this much of a whore and still never had an STD in my life. Either I have Superman-strength immunity or I’m the luckiest bastard in the world.

by Anonymousreply 273June 10, 2023 7:28 AM

R257, you’d think podiatry would be a subspeciality of orthopedics or physiatry, wouldn’t you? And eyes are treated by medical doctors – ophthalmologists. Why we have both optometrists and ophthalmologists is the bigger mystery.

by Anonymousreply 274June 10, 2023 8:10 AM

Why R269 didn’t bother doing a simple google search before responding.

Podiatrists go to different schools. They aren’t MDs or DOs. It isn’t like medical specialization for doctor-doctors. It’s like Dentistry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275June 10, 2023 10:21 AM

R241=Peggy Lee

by Anonymousreply 276June 10, 2023 12:13 PM

Why WWE pretends not to notice that it is clearly homoerotic and aimed at closeted gay men.

by Anonymousreply 277June 10, 2023 12:19 PM

The KardASSians.

by Anonymousreply 278June 10, 2023 2:40 PM

R268 yes. On some level I understand the draw of lowbrow TV, but obsessing over this crap seems like a bridge too far. Our culture is doomed.

by Anonymousreply 279June 10, 2023 7:22 PM

People looking at phones all the time. Even placing it in a bag is too far away. The phone has got to be in hand or face-up on the dining table, etc.

by Anonymousreply 280June 10, 2023 7:29 PM

It’s sheep that do this r280. Most humans are sheep.

by Anonymousreply 281June 10, 2023 8:27 PM

The Monte Hall problem

by Anonymousreply 282June 11, 2023 5:34 AM

Why so many people have lost the ability to go to the supermarket alone. It's not just mothers and small children. It's whole families - mom, dad and a flock of kids up to teenagers. On weekends, can't mom leave the little darlings at home with daddy and do a (much faster, no doubt) supermarket run by herself?

If it was just hetero families, I'd chalk it up to suburban life, but I live in a diverse area. It's also gay couples, lesbian couples, couples of indeterminate sex, retired couples, entire multi-generational families of immigrants, and - most puzzling to me - groups of 20-somethings, two, three or four young adults just meandering the aisles and filling a tiny shopping cart with a few items. Why?

I do not think this happened as much before the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 283June 11, 2023 9:39 PM

Billy Porter.

by Anonymousreply 284June 11, 2023 9:40 PM

How kids on annoyingly loud, buzzy motorcycles (are these what they call rice burners?) travel at two or three times the speed limit and yet are (a) still alive and (b) still licensed to drive.

by Anonymousreply 285June 11, 2023 9:43 PM

[quote] Why so many people have lost the ability to go to the supermarket alone.

Maybe it's the area where you live, R283. I shop alone and there are lots of single shoppers. Costco is a different situation - lots of couples and families.

by Anonymousreply 286June 11, 2023 9:45 PM

[quote]The Monte Hall problem

And what exactly IS that?

by Anonymousreply 287June 11, 2023 9:49 PM

R286, yes, I'm sure it's partly that I live in the suburbs, but as I said these are not all hetero families.

It might also be the fact that I usually shop at Wegman's, which is the fancy supermarket. The Giant (cheaper, ordinary supermarket) is not quite as crowded, but it also draws a lots of group shoppers.

I should have clarified that there are lots of single shoppers, too. I'm one of them. But it's all these collections of people who seem to shop as a group or family outing. I like supermarket shopping, but not as a tourist activity.

by Anonymousreply 288June 11, 2023 9:51 PM

The Monty Hall problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289June 11, 2023 10:34 PM

Why being drunk 24/7 is a “problem”

by Anonymousreply 290June 11, 2023 10:49 PM

R290, I just fell in love!💚

Fuck these judgmental people!

by Anonymousreply 291June 11, 2023 10:51 PM

Why Britney Spears became a thing.

by Anonymousreply 292June 11, 2023 10:53 PM

[quote]Why Britney Spears became a thing.

Young, pretty (at the time), catchy songs....

I've seen worse becoming a thing.

by Anonymousreply 293June 11, 2023 10:56 PM

Musical theory. Major key? Minor key? Sharp? Flat? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 294June 11, 2023 10:57 PM

Hate watching. Why? Do people really have so little to do?

Also, cringe watching. Seeing people doing cringy things and being mocking by everyone else (like The Office Season 1) makes me uncomfortable. Why do people enjoy watching shit like that?

by Anonymousreply 295June 11, 2023 11:09 PM

Why anyone sane cares about the Kardashian family?

by Anonymousreply 296June 11, 2023 11:19 PM

How can Tim Daly and Tyne Daly be siblings?

by Anonymousreply 297June 15, 2023 4:57 PM

Math.

by Anonymousreply 298June 15, 2023 5:52 PM

R147, those are bisexual and straight men larping at being gay. They have a gross fetish for mutilated women.

by Anonymousreply 299June 15, 2023 6:45 PM

This is the same as 3 Card Monty

by Anonymousreply 300June 15, 2023 7:14 PM

Why a black person or a gay person would buy a Tesla.

by Anonymousreply 301June 18, 2023 2:33 PM

R301 have you seen them on the used market? TANKING like nothing else. They were considered a luxury item for liberals before fuckface ruined his reputation.

by Anonymousreply 302June 18, 2023 2:52 PM

Why most female vocalists, professional, amateur, or whatever, now try to sound like they're warbling with marbles in their mouth. I'm happy we're beyond the urban yodeling of Christina Aguilera, but we went to the other extreme and it's apparently being taught to sing that way in high school

by Anonymousreply 303June 18, 2023 2:57 PM

Why some people call pants "slacks" and the saying "out of pocket" regarding something that has zero to do with pockets or money.

Everything about super conservatives, and how some people who are super religious will say "God was looking out for.." meanwhile the person next to the person god supposedly was looking out for died horrifically. Or "God needed another angel" bullshit.

Anyone at all who still supports trump irregardless to everything in their face showing what kinda corrupt scumbag he is. The indictment for example...did any of these idiots actually read it? "he's innocent!! He's being setup!!" Meanwhile he's on literal text and phone record saying this shit.

Game shows.

and R74 ... Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 304June 18, 2023 2:57 PM

Faulkner's The Sound and The Fury

Humanity's love affair with smartphones

The incessant penchant that Americans have for villainizing everyfuckbody.

How Rushdie's Midnight's Children received the Booker of the Bookers award.

Why people at supermarkets still bother will checkout clerks when self-service is far more quick and efficient.

And finally . . .

What in the living fuck I've been doing on DL since March 2014.

by Anonymousreply 305June 18, 2023 3:09 PM

The only thing you need to understand about Cryptocurrency (or NTFs) is that they're complete scams and you should stay far, far away.

by Anonymousreply 306June 18, 2023 3:22 PM

I don't understand how anyone can look at Trump and think he's smart, or good, or hard-working, or decent, or a good President, or worthy of any public office at all. He is literally the most unlikable person in this country, so how the fuck did 70 million American Citizens willingly vote for this awful racist sexist bullying criminal traitor?

by Anonymousreply 307June 18, 2023 3:23 PM

I don't understand tattoos. I really just don't get why anyone would want one. They're ugly, they're painful to get, they age poorly... they're ridiculously stupid looking. There is not a single person who looks better with a tattoo than without one. And for people who say "I got it to remember my Mom/Dad/lover/whatever"... jesus, make a plaque and hang it on a wall, don't deface you body by scarring it up with toxic inks. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU? It makes no goddamned sense.

by Anonymousreply 308June 18, 2023 3:25 PM

I don't understand people like R194 who are like squeemish little girls who can't handle something they're not used to. I will NEVER understand the "disgust" at uncircumcised cocks. Both cut and uncut are hot in their own ways (though there are examples of BOTH that can be off-putting). It's such a bizarre thing to obsess over, or be grossed out by. How the fuck can you be a gay man and HATE a cock in its natural state? Makes no damn sense, and such people strike me as those picky "baby-tastes" people who won't eat anything but mac & cheese because everything else is "gross".

by Anonymousreply 309June 18, 2023 3:29 PM

Stupidity

by Anonymousreply 310June 18, 2023 3:53 PM

The manual position on a gearbox in a car with automatic transmission.

by Anonymousreply 311June 18, 2023 4:28 PM

The remote control!

by Anonymousreply 312June 18, 2023 8:49 PM

[quote]Why people at supermarkets still bother will checkout clerks when self-service is far more quick and efficient.

Because some supermarkets, including the ones where I usually shop, have 15- or 20-item maximums at the self-checkout stations.

by Anonymousreply 313June 20, 2023 6:11 AM

R313 Thanx for the clarification. Where I live, there’s no limit at the self-service checkout.

by Anonymousreply 314June 20, 2023 7:52 AM

The Beyhive. They have collectively lost their minds.

by Anonymousreply 315June 21, 2023 12:18 PM

Pee-Wee Herman suits

by Anonymousreply 316June 21, 2023 12:42 PM

How can non related people live with each other.

by Anonymousreply 317June 21, 2023 12:49 PM

[quote] how the fuck did 70 million American Citizens willingly vote for this awful racist sexist bullying criminal traitor?

You answered your own question in the last five words of it.

by Anonymousreply 318June 21, 2023 12:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!