Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bam Margera placed on 5150 psychiatric hold after public breakdowns: report.

Bam Margera has been placed on a 5150 psychiatric hold after being found acting erratically in Los Angeles, according to TMZ.

The former “Jackass” star — who has been in a very public downward spiral as he fights for custody of his son, Phoenix — was put on the involuntary three-day hold after police found him at Trejo’s Tacos, a restaurant owned by Danny Trejo, Sunday.

The outlet reported Margera, 43, was acting erratically and slurring his speech when he was located by cops.

In conjunction with his public suicide threats, his behavior was deemed concerning enough that authorities called in a psychiatric evaluation team, who ultimately decided to place him on the 5150 hold.

The pro skateboarder can be held in the mental health facility by law for up to 72 hours before being released.

It’s unclear if he’s still in the facility today.

Reps for Margera didn’t immediately return Page Six’s requests for comment. LAPD could not confirm the report.

Early Sunday, Bam’s brother, Jess Margera, desperately tweeted a plea for help locating the troubled reality star.

By nightfall, jess fired off another tweet that his brother had been located.

“They found him safe 🙏 he texted me and my parents at 6 am this morning saying he loves us he loves Phoenix and he is at peace,’ and that he took enough pills to stop his heart,” Jess wrote.

“And some really heartbreaking dark s–t. Thanks to everyone who shared info today.”

Last week, the “Viva La Bam” star went on a profanity-filled, since-deleted social media tirade in which he threatened to “smoke crack” until he died unless he could see his 5-year-old son, whom he shares with estranged wife Nicole Boyd.

“I haven’t seen Phoenix in two f–king months,” he fumed. “I have to wake up every day, knowing that I probably won’t get to talk to him or see him.”

Boyd, 39, filed for legal separation in February after Bam fled rehab numerous times.

This past year has been filled with legal troubles for the “Bam’s Unholy Union” alum, as he was arrested for domestic violence in March after allegedly kicking his girlfriend.

Weeks later, he was arrested again for public intoxication at a Los Angeles restaurant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 9, 2023 10:36 PM

He got Britneied!

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2023 6:24 PM

This is what he needs to be safe as well as everyone around him.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2023 6:29 PM

why did it take so long?

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2023 6:30 PM

Did we ever get a sizemeat verificatia? The tats, piercings and stunts point to sizemeat.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2023 6:38 PM

Let him go into the light

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2023 6:40 PM

[quote]Did we ever get a sizemeat verificatia? The tats, piercings and stunts point to sizemeat.

They did so many stupid things during that MTV show, like stapling their balls, I'm sure there's some dick pictures around.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2023 6:47 PM

It was kismet finding him there. Bam should take inspiration from Danny Trejo's story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2023 6:49 PM

He's "brain-damaged" from all the concussions, drugs, and God knows what else he has been doing over the years.

No tragic loss for society-Go into the light, DIE in a grease fire asshole!!

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2023 6:53 PM

Poor Phoenix.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2023 6:55 PM

Has Johnny Knoxville commented?

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2023 6:57 PM

I don't know this person but he looks disgusting and seems revolting. How do we know the kid wouldn't be better off?

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2023 7:00 PM

r11 he was around when MTV was still a thing.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2023 7:01 PM

R4 here ya go.

From before he got fat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2023 7:07 PM

5150!!!

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2023 7:09 PM

Danny Trejo should be Bam’s sponsor. He don’t take no shit.

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2023 7:17 PM

Hope it was worth it!

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2023 7:33 PM

I'll add him to the "celebrity" death poll.

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2023 11:11 AM

He needs to do the work to get sober. I don’t think this will change anything about his lifestyle. His poor pitiful me act is all the more galling when you realize he made millions for getting rockets launched at his ass.

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2023 11:33 AM

It's like he's been in a contest with Steve-O to see who is the most fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2023 12:36 PM

Bam Margera was hot in the 2000s when he was in his twenties.

He started out on JACKASS but proved to be popular and so was given his own hit spin-off, VIVA LA BAM.

Of course, I watched because I found him very attractive/sexy, but I also had a soft spot for his mother, April (called 'Ape').

It's sad to see him like this. He was always happy-gp-lucky on the show albeit a menace to his dad. haha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2023 12:50 PM

Bam showed peen in one of the Jackass movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2023 12:51 PM

More nudes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2023 12:52 PM

Long past his sell-by date.

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2023 9:18 PM

R19 Bam is the winner. Steve-O has been sober for years.

by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2023 11:12 PM

I was under the impression a 5150 means involuntary, which means he has less rights in that psych ward than if he were in prison. A 72 can only be used in a voluntary commitment, (not even sure you can leave AMA, and risk losing access to prescribed controlled medications you're on.)

by Anonymousreply 25June 6, 2023 11:45 PM

What's his ass like?

by Anonymousreply 26June 7, 2023 12:00 AM

Yes, R25, the 5150 hold means that he does not have the legal right to leave or refuse medication, 5150s are only done as a lifesaving measure, because either his life is in danger or someone else's is.

FYI most 5150 holds are ended before the 72 hours are up, the doctor stops them when the patient is together enough to say "No, I won't kill myself or my ex-wife, what was I thinking when I said that.". Under some circumstances the 5150 can be extended for more days, the length of involuntary stays possible vary by state.

by Anonymousreply 27June 7, 2023 12:00 AM

I care a lot part 2, briteyization is in effect. Medicate, isolate, take the estate. Dude bro trolled the family court-the entity that perfected the practice, he fucked around and found out.

by Anonymousreply 28June 7, 2023 12:12 AM

Just let this guy kill himself already!!

by Anonymousreply 29June 7, 2023 1:58 AM

I read the subject line as "Bam Margera placed 5150 psychiatrists on hold."

Time to turn off my computer.

by Anonymousreply 30June 7, 2023 2:05 AM

Who ?

by Anonymousreply 31June 7, 2023 2:14 AM

That’s some dense writing, R28. Very rich. Fattening, even.

by Anonymousreply 32June 7, 2023 2:20 AM

He skedaddled away from rehab to head to Vegas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 25, 2023 3:04 PM

He was adorable in his youth

Addiction is a bitch

by Anonymousreply 34June 25, 2023 3:29 PM

You can't "fix stupid". Hopefully, someone in his family has control over his finances.

As I have said to many friends, You have to "want to get clean", it's up to you; It's your choice to get clean-you have to want it bad enough. If not have fun doing drugs, go OD and Die!!

by Anonymousreply 35June 25, 2023 3:56 PM

R35, what a callous thing to say . Addiction is a disease you 12 step nazi

by Anonymousreply 36June 25, 2023 3:59 PM

I would've been just like him if I'd had money.

by Anonymousreply 37June 25, 2023 4:27 PM

R36 he’s been given so many opportunities for help and has made extremely poor choices. He left rehab on his own.

by Anonymousreply 38June 25, 2023 4:32 PM

Addition is a disease, AND A CHOICE!!

They choose to get clean, or they do not. it is THEIR CHOICE OP. AND YOU KNOW IT!! I am not arguing with anyone today.

Just say NO!!

by Anonymousreply 39June 25, 2023 4:36 PM

R17 I added him a few months ago. although maybe he can figure life out after the 5150. I sincerely doubt it, though. He has been given help before. I think the poster above was correct; he could be suffering from brain damage. Plus, for some, addiction is just too powerful to overcome. Their brains must be different. Some people go to rehab, and after one visit, they can remain clean.

My friend's Uncle was finally told by Hospice: You drink, you die. For a few months, he was able to abstain from drinking while he was incapacitated. He was able to get off Hospice. As soon as he gained independence and could drive, DRINKING AGAIN. hospice said, "You’re a dead man!" My poor friend’s family cannot understand his mentality. Doesn’t he want to live? It’s definitely got to be something off in his brain...

by Anonymousreply 40June 25, 2023 4:37 PM

"Addiction is a disease you 12 step nazi"

Addiction is frequently the result of really stupid choices. Fool around with dangerous substances like an idiot, you get addicted.

by Anonymousreply 41June 25, 2023 4:58 PM

Arrested again.

[quote]“Jackass” star Brandon "Bam" Margera found himself behind bars in suburban Philadelphia Wednesday morning after an incident at a hotel, a police source said. Margera was arrested in Radnor Township overnight and cited for public intoxication after an incident at the Radnor Hotel on the tony Main Line, the source told NBC10's Deanna Durante.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 9, 2023 8:06 PM

He needs to get on Ozempic. You don't want to do any kind of drugs or drinking. Even nicotine is unappealing.

by Anonymousreply 43August 9, 2023 8:45 PM

He's self destructing.

by Anonymousreply 44August 9, 2023 8:52 PM

His companion in the pink top looks trans.

by Anonymousreply 45August 9, 2023 9:26 PM

He’s been self destructing for years.

The money has to run out sometime, though.

by Anonymousreply 46August 9, 2023 10:17 PM

How is his money not already gone? Has he worked recently?

by Anonymousreply 47August 9, 2023 10:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!