Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Understood the Assignment

If I hear one more Millenial or Gen Zer say so and so “Understood the assignment” I’m going to slay them like Buffy. It’s so overused at this point. I hate played out expressions like this. I know I’m being cunty but it just reeks of social media conformity. It’s like NO! Shut the fuck up, the person did what they were supposed to do and came prepared for a meeting. Or they made a nice meal, that is all.

Am I getting old?

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2023 6:33 PM

No cap, bro, you being cheugy and salty.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2023 6:08 PM

Language evolves, dinosaur. Also, I know you created this after seeing my post in the From show thread, you awful cunt.

[quote]I’m going to slay them like Buffy.

Cringe.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2023 6:12 PM

I'm thrown off by it (millennial) but don't get annoyed or angry over it. I figure every generation has its lingo and at least it's easier these days with resources like Urban Dictionary and Know Your Meme to crack the code.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2023 6:12 PM

Give them some violenciaga.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2023 6:13 PM

This thread is ass

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2023 6:14 PM

Oh god, OP is also the creator of the horrible "I went from straight to bi to gay to back to bi" thread earlier today where he insinuates we're gay because of some trauma. Fucking shithead.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2023 6:14 PM

R1 lol. And those words don’t really bother me. Understood the assignment just comes across as pretentious. I [think] first encountered it from black Twitter and then like everything else middle America teenagers seem to catch on. You’d hear it at the mall. I’d see it in splattered in the comment section of my favorite bands and Queen Bey. Now you hear it in the workplace. It’s annoying as fuck and I cannot explain why.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2023 6:15 PM

R6 I never made no such assertion. Please go away.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2023 6:16 PM

R7 it annoys you because you fundamentally hate other people, you don't like being around anything or anyone that doesn't either reflect you or submit to you

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2023 6:16 PM

no worries 😌

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2023 6:17 PM

R2 what? I did comment in that thread but it didn’t inspire this post. I’m actually confused cringe doesn’t bother me.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2023 6:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2023 6:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!