Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Princess Eugenie Welcomes Second Son with Husband Jack Brooksbank

Introducing the newest member of the royal family — Princess Eugenie's baby!

Buckingham Palace announced on Monday that King Charles' niece welcomed a baby boy with her husband Jack Brooksbank last week. The new addition is the second child for the couple, who are also parents to son August Philip Hawke, 2.

“Princess Eugenie and Mr Jack Brooksbank are delighted to announce the safe arrival of their son, Ernest George Ronnie Brooksbank. Ernest was born on Tuesday, 30th May, and weighed 7lbs 1oz,” the statement said.

Princess Eugenie posted the first photos of her baby to Instagram on Monday and shared more about his name.

“Jack and I wanted to share the news that we had our little boy, Ernest George Ronnie Brooksbank on 30th May 2023 at 8.49 weighing 7.1lbs,” the princess wrote. “He is named after his great great great Grandfather George, his Grandpa George and my Grandpa Ronald. Augie is loving being a big brother already.”

The first photo showed the sleeping newborn snuggled up in a blue knit hat, followed by a second shot of August gently touching his baby brother’s head.

The newborn arrives as 13th in the line of succession to the British throne, immediately following big brother August. Ernest is also the first of Queen Elizabeth's great-grandchildren to be born following her death in September and the third grandchild for Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson.

The Duke and Duchess of York, who divorced in 1996 after a decade of marriage but remain close today, are already grandparents to August and Princess Beatrice's 1-year-old daughter Sienna Elizabeth, whom she shares with husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi. Edo is also dad to son Christopher Woolf, whom he shares with ex-girlfriend Dara Huang.

While recently speaking to PEOPLE about her latest historical fiction novel A Most Intriguing Lady, the Duchess of York said she cherished everything about being a grandmother.

"One, I'm really proud of my girls. Two, I have very good grandchildren," said the Duchess, who is popularly known as Fergie. "They just follow me around like Peter Pan. I'm 'Super Gran Pan.' Whenever they see me, they laugh. They think I'm very funny. August is teaching me about trains. My girls had Barbie dolls," she affectionately added.

Buckingham Palace first announced Princess Eugenie's pregnancy with a statement in January.

The couple first met during a ski trip to Switzerland in 2010 and got engaged seven years later. During their engagement interview, Eugenie said their spark was "love at first sight" — and Jack agreed.

Princess Eugenie and Jack got married in October 2018 at St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle, tying the knot in a classic royal wedding with autumnal touches. The couple became first-time parents when their son August was born in February 2021.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 7, 2023 5:19 AM

RONNIE?

Which one is he named for?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2023 5:39 PM

Ronnie's one of his middle names.

However, I'd prefer Ronnie over Ernest.

Ernest sounds old. But I guess it rhymes with August.

August and Ernest. And their cousins Archie and Lili.

Oh boy.

Cute baby, though.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2023 5:49 PM

Cute baby. I quite like the name Ernest. Can't help noticing there's no Andrew as a middle name, though...

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2023 5:51 PM

Jack has BDE...

And he sure is slamming that puss...

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2023 5:56 PM

Always like's Eugenie, she seems so level-headed and normal for a royal.

It wasn't much commented at the time but a few hours after her father's car-crash interview with BBC Eugenie posted a photo of herself as a child grimacing as if she smelled something vile 9which she did).

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2023 6:03 PM

Ernest...not as horrible as Archie, but still. Ronnie, no.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2023 6:34 PM

Toss 'Ronnie' add 'Andrew.'

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2023 6:35 PM

Toss Ernest. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2023 6:36 PM

They're gonna call that kid Ernie. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2023 6:37 PM

They should have named the baby Ernie (first name). Just kidding. I guess it's a trend to take an old name (Archibald, Ronald) and use the nickname (Archie, Ronnie) as the actual name.

Used to be odd that someone's actual first name was "Billy" or "Bobby" or whatever. As usual, it's only odd or something to be derided if poor people are doing it.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2023 6:50 PM

They should have used Ronald instead of Ronnie. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2023 6:55 PM

These are ALL horrible names.

They should reconsider.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2023 7:50 PM

August and Ernst sound like circa-1800 German Archdukes or Electors. Going back to her Hanoverian roots, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2023 7:54 PM

Jack looks really hot with his backwards baseball cap.

I wonder if he'd be open to getting a BJ from a guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2023 7:57 PM

Chas will make him a Prince- just to gall MM.

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2023 7:58 PM

Ernest is name n the House of Hanover.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2023 8:19 PM

Come again, R16?

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2023 8:20 PM

Jack and Eug look so natural at R14.

I love that photo.

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2023 8:28 PM

[quote] Toss Ernest. Sheesh.

Tossh Ernesht. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2023 12:17 AM

Tossed Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2023 12:18 AM

Toss my salad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2023 12:24 AM

21 replies on this shite.

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2023 12:27 AM

Jack is cute in a basic, white bread way. I find Beatrice’s Edo quite sexy and good looking.

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2023 12:28 AM

Edo has a veneer of Euro sophistication. Jack looks like a very unsophisticated, yet stand up bloke, but Edo is queen supreme sophisticate, grabbing and such.

by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2023 5:08 AM

Good thing she got married when she did. She’s chock -full of babies!!!!

by Anonymousreply 25June 6, 2023 5:14 AM

R13, Thank you. I was thinking "How Germanic! Like they're the sons of Caroline and Ernst August of Hanover!"

by Anonymousreply 26June 6, 2023 5:29 AM

August should be followed by Baby September.

by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2023 5:35 AM

This explains the "George" and "Ronnie," but I definitely think her sons' first names are Hanoverian as r13 suggested.

They call Son #1 "Augie."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 6, 2023 5:37 AM

We're naming our next baby "Seven."

by Anonymousreply 29June 6, 2023 6:38 AM

[quote] Edo is queen supreme sophisticate, grabbing and such.

Grabbing and such is a sign of supreme sophistication?

by Anonymousreply 30June 6, 2023 7:02 AM

I’m sure that Eugenie and Jack are worried sick about what a bunch of basic American suburban queens think of their choice of name for their new born son.

by Anonymousreply 31June 6, 2023 7:08 AM

Do they let Fergie babysit? She could read it her book about the talking helicopter.

by Anonymousreply 32June 6, 2023 7:08 AM

[quote] I was thinking "How Germanic! Like they're the sons of Caroline and Ernst August of Hanover!"

The most excellent princess, Sophia, Electress and duchess-dowager of Hanover, must be proud at this heir of her body, being Protestant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2023 7:22 AM

Eugenie may be a Princess...

but she has teeth like Jewel

by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2023 11:11 AM

Eugenie’s teeth are quite lovely- nothing like those chiclets that you Americans are are so strangely proud of. We all laugh at you - you know that, right?

by Anonymousreply 35June 7, 2023 2:55 AM

Let's just say it...Ernest is an awful name.

by Anonymousreply 36June 7, 2023 3:36 AM

If Eugenie wanted to go back to her Hanoverian roots, aren't there other names that could have acknowledged the past?

Erhard, Hardwic, Leutgar, Reinhard, Andreas

by Anonymousreply 37June 7, 2023 3:47 AM

Now, now, R35, just because you have only 2 teeth ( and they're rotting) is no reason to be a jerk. Everyone knows the British have awful teeth.

by Anonymousreply 38June 7, 2023 4:37 AM

“Proud of” not “proud at”.

by Anonymousreply 39June 7, 2023 4:45 AM

I think it's very unfair to drop James, Earl of Wessex, down one spot in the succession. There should be a time limit to how long you can add a baby and affect the numbering.

by Anonymousreply 40June 7, 2023 4:57 AM

Especially since James is connected to the king through a male line, while the new baby is connected through a female. These things should be factored in.

by Anonymousreply 41June 7, 2023 5:15 AM

[quote]"One, I'm really proud of my girls. Two, I have very good grandchildren," said the Duchess, who is popularly known as Fergie. "They just follow me around like Peter Pan. I'm 'Super Gran Pan.' Whenever they see me, they laugh.

Of course they laugh. They're not used to seeing someone falling down drunk at 10 AM

by Anonymousreply 42June 7, 2023 5:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!