Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Say what you like about Biden...

...but he's playing chess while the Republicans are playing checkers.

Let me know if the link doesn't work, because it should.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2023 4:46 PM

Yep. Peel the MAGA choads from the traditional GOP and it'll all fall apart.

It's that fascist-curious 35% that's still concerning though.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2023 4:32 PM

Here's another copy just in case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2023 4:34 PM

Article summary, courtesy of my Bing A.I. assistant.

[quote]The article discusses President Biden’s largely unappreciated theory of MAGA and how it helped him achieve a bipartisan compromise in Congress. The article explains that Biden’s theory is to marginalize the MAGA wing of the Republican Party within the GOP coalition. This approach has been criticized by those who see much of the GOP as extreme and dangerous. However, it served him well in the debt limit standoff. The article also highlights that Biden’s approach to the GOP is not without tension. His initial rationale for running was that the GOP is largely hostage to an extremism that foundationally threatens the American experiment. His reelection case is that he has begun to defuse that threat and another term will complete that task. Yet Biden also plainly believes that conducting the nation’s business on a bipartisan basis is inherently stabilizing. That sometimes requires treating the opposition — or a large swath of it — as a mostly conventional political party, which risks mitigating perceptions of the threat it poses.

I reluctantly agree with him, much as I can't stand the whole of GOP. His way is the statesman way.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2023 4:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!