Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ghosts of Beirut on Showtime, anyone watching?

I devoured the first three episodes in one go last night, couldn’t go to bed until I watched them, can’t wait for the 4th. It has zero buzz by the looks of it, I stumbled on it accidentally. Amir Khoury, what a dish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2023 3:13 PM

No, but I'll check it out. I loved Iddo Goldberg on Peaky Blinders.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2023 5:10 PM

Very good ending. The first three episodes were all killer. Like homeland at its peak but 9th based on truth.

by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2023 8:22 AM

My Amir!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2023 8:32 AM

I'll have to check this out; I tend to be kind of squeamish about "terrorist" shows, but I'll give it a try

by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2023 9:38 AM

Hmm. Not doing well on Metacritic, but, also, very few reviews. Looks interesting, will check it out. Thanks, OP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2023 9:45 AM

Is this a documentary?

by Anonymousreply 6June 16, 2023 10:51 AM

No it’s drama based on research. It does have this weird cutaway once per episode where they interview people who were actually involved, but mostly a drama.

by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2023 6:44 AM

"Carlos" (2010) is another great mini-series. 5 hours long in the full version.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2023 6:56 AM

Sounds fantastic. Thanks OP

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2023 6:58 AM

Very good. I remember when Buckley was kidnapped. The war in Lebanon was reported on the evening news, but I only barely understood what was going on. It was years before I found out who and what the Druze were or how some of the odd alliances were formed. This helped understand it a little better. Some good casting here.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2023 6:13 PM

I love the limited series, 4-6 episodes and done. Years and Years on HBO was astounding.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2023 7:10 PM

It is very good.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2023 1:42 PM

I don't know why, but I can't stand people using "devoured" or "voracious" in reference to reading, books, tv shows, or other media.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2023 2:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up on this! Can anyone comment on whether there's any torture or gore? I'm squeamish.

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2023 2:51 PM

R14 there is some torture in one episode but I can’t remember much details so it couldn’t have been that gory.

by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2023 3:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!