Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ohio Republicans Introduce Bill to Make Guns Tax-Free

Because Ohio!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2023 4:41 PM

I don't understand why the rethugs are trying to make it so easy to get guns.

Why do they want everyone armed?

It's so insane, but there must be some method to the madness, like once it becomes so dangerous because everyone is armed, they'll do a reverse Uno and start making legislation to curb rights in order to ensure public safety and restrict movement and activity.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2023 2:35 PM

Maybe cigarettes will be next. Hopefully, they'll make themselves extinct.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2023 2:36 PM

"Dayyum, Ohio, good one!"

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2023 2:39 PM

What do Republican politicians care if their constituents murder one another? It doesn't affect them. Dumbfucks keep voting for them so there are never any consequences for them.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2023 2:44 PM

Let them eat lead!

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2023 2:44 PM

What’s amazing to me is that republicans will pass legislation that is direct contrast to popular sentiment or just bad optics. There’s been like a zillion mass shootings this year. They don’t give a fuck. They are guided by principle. It’s respectable.

Meanwhile Dems can’t do anything except some polarizing identity politics bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2023 3:25 PM

Ohio--guns everywhere and an Arby's on every corner!

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2023 3:30 PM

R7, Ho please. Real men eat Chil Fil A.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2023 3:36 PM

Meanwhile ..there have been tons of mini mass shootings weekly in Ohio and recently a mass one in Cincinnati where 7 kids were shot, just lastweek. Someone just drove by shooting off 60 rounds at random out the car window for no reason. But tell stories like this to a republican and they just sit there with no response and go "oh well". or " More reason to have more guns so we can fight the shooters with guns!!!" like WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ON????

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2023 3:58 PM

Yep r6. This is all the Democrats fault.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2023 4:07 PM

R10 Smdh. No such assertion was made. My point was lost on you.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2023 4:08 PM

Why oh why oh why oh

Why did I ever leave Ohio?

Why did I wander

To find what lies yonder

When life was so cozy at home?

Wondering while I wander

Why did I fly? Why did I roam?

Oh why oh why oh

Did I leave Ohio?

Maybe I'd better go

O-H-I-O

Maybe I'd better go home!

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2023 4:19 PM

There is a tremendous brain-drain happening in Ohio right now. The Under-40s are getting out.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2023 8:43 PM

It's very very strange that this particular issue is so important to them. I really do not get it.

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2023 8:46 PM

[quote]They don’t give a fuck. They are guided by principle. It’s respectable.

The only principle they're guided by is to maximize campaign contributions from deep-pocketed donors. Not respectable at all.

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2023 8:49 PM

They want us to kill each other. They know things we don't know and will be happy to have us do each other in vs another holocaust situation.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2023 9:09 PM

Just as Rob Portman proved to us, rethugs don't care unless they are personally impacted and will support legislation until it impacts someone close to them.

Ohio rethugs will continue to pass legislation like this until one of the kids gets killed in a school shooting.

Frankly, it's the main reason why the draft should never have been abandoned for an all volunteer army. As long as the burden and costs of fighting wars falls on other people's families and kids, but the wartime economic profits from sales of arms and services to the military (like those provided by Haliburton), they'll continue to push for wars, as well. However, if you have kids or grandchildren who might get drafted in a prolonged war, like Iraq or Afghanistan, you think twice about it. If your constituents are being drafted and killed, you risk not being re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2023 9:46 PM

We need to get a psycho lesbian to strap herself and the dump her at GOP potluck. After all, people kill people not the guns. Oh no weepy Brett gun isn’t gonna do anything. That’s why she’s going to just leave somewhere randomly and hope nothing happens. Barb would never hurt anyone. She’s had a hard life.

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2023 9:57 PM

Excuse voice to type. It just blows. Just dump her over there she’ll scare them the lot.

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2023 9:58 PM

What is the fascination with guns? I ask this sincerely. Is it a power thing? I admit I have zero experience with them. I’m not even sure if I’ve ever seen one up close other than on a police officer. Why are so many people determined to use guns?

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2023 10:06 PM

Small cocks/attention whoring.

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2023 10:32 PM

oops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2023 2:26 PM

R22,, R7 here. Thank you for the link. That's exactly what I'm talking about. It's like the Wild West out here; all kinds of Crazy. I keep thinking of Chrissy Hynde's "My City Was Gone," which, although about environmental degradation, parallels (at least for me) the degradation of culture by guns. Like R20, I just don't get the gun obsession. R21 probably nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2023 4:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!