Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL Sleuths - 6 Women Found Dead In Greater Portland Area In Recent Months!

Is there a serial killer on the loose?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 7, 2023 4:09 PM

Police say there's "no connection". Right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2023 11:59 AM

Only one is an obvious homicide. None of the bodies were there long enough to have decomposed to the point that a cause of death is hard to figure out. I’d wager that a lot of these are overdose deaths that the people they were with panicked and dumped them rather than risk getting in trouble for not trying to render aid.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2023 12:54 PM

Why would you dump someone whom the coroner will be able to tell has taken a drug overdose? I just wouldn't think of that. I would assume that they'd be able to test for how much of the drug someone has taken.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2023 1:16 PM

R2 Come on? 5 overdose deaths and the bodies dropped off in the same area. Then there is a serial killer in the form of heroin dealer.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2023 1:52 PM

I didn’t realize that Portland is inland.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2023 2:01 PM

It would be helpful if the articles mentioned any pertinent histories of the usual suspects, sex work and drug addiction, linking the victims. But most of what I found by clicking through links in the provided articles is vague.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2023 2:04 PM

The True Crime Fraus are flicking their clits to this.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2023 2:11 PM

Did Ted Bundy have a son?

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2023 2:23 PM

Only DL can solve this mystery.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2023 2:29 PM

R9 Imagine if a Dlounger was the killer.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2023 3:20 PM

R10, we’ll always remember the one time that was the case.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2023 3:24 PM

It’s obvious these women were apart of cult which promised fame and money if only they abided by certain rituals of starving themselves for 6hrs in a sauna to please allegiance to the newest environmentalist progressive tycoon who also is a sex addict. In a sweat out the negative energies and end poverty session—the women died. Only increasing suspicions on the tycoons right hand trustee and main whore also worked for a pharmaceutical and was illegally attaining prescriptions to speed up their metabolisms. And the pharmaceutical was taking illegal handouts from a powerful Senator whose daughter ended up in the cult.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2023 3:33 PM

R4, I would agree that the number is large but considering that a few years ago they were pulling a body a week for more than a year from the river. Lots of young people die there and they are mostly overdoses.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2023 3:40 PM

R13 Do you live in the area?

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2023 3:52 PM

Yeah, r6. Are they all whores?

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2023 3:52 PM

R15 oh my. Don’t you think that’s a bit in bad taste.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2023 3:55 PM

That was my point.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2023 3:56 PM

Tony Woodward do you live in/around Portland?

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2023 4:33 PM

No, I have Google which give me news stories that I assume are true since they come from local news agencies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2023 4:35 PM

Shark attacks?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2023 4:36 PM

R19 That’s weird that you would be so attuned to Portland news. You might be a suspect.

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2023 4:45 PM

It was talked about on our beloved MSNBC this morning.

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2023 8:37 PM

The Juice Is Loose!

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2023 9:20 PM

It's not in poor taste to question whether the murdered women had illicit activities in common, and the original question did not call them 'whores.' It's the deadliest work women can engage in and when strings of women are murdered in close proximity that is, unfortunately, often something that links them.

by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2023 8:43 PM

For years I've been hearing that Portland is overrun with homeless druggies, and so my first thought was, of course, that this was just more homeless druggies OD-ing or offing themselves.

But since the women were mostly sex workers, and serial killers have been known to prey on sex workers, I have to ask... how many *male* corpses were found in similar circumstances, in the same time period?

by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2023 12:44 AM

The people I know who live in Portland think it’s a serial killer

by Anonymousreply 26June 7, 2023 2:28 AM

One of these women was found not far from where I live. It's sad and a bit creepy, but I don't know if I'd jump to the conclusion that it's a serial killer given the bedlam that is Portland these days—there are so many potential factors at play that it's very possible none of these are related.

I grew up in Portland in the late '90s/2000s, and while there were always homeless people and gang violence in parts of the city, it was nothing like what it is today. The city proper is a shell of its former self, and it's been on a huge downturn in the last 10 years or so. Meth and fentanyl have gutted it, turning a significant portion of the population into schizophrenic zombies. Murders here happen left and right, often for no conceivable reason.

by Anonymousreply 27June 7, 2023 3:13 AM

Serial killers have a thing for street-hookers. They're easy prey and usually on drugs making them even easier prey.

If it's a serial killer after them, let's hope they find him sooner rather than later.

by Anonymousreply 28June 7, 2023 3:34 AM

R6 it is intentionally vague because the media doesn't want to make these women "look bad" in an age where appearance is everything. If there is a commonality between them, you would think it should be made known for the greater safety of the public, but the news delicately dances around the details.

The only fact of note that I've read about any of them is that one had schizophrenia (take a guess which one—it's obvious from the headshots). If it is the work of a serial killer, it only makes sense that the victims would tend to be psychologically and/or physically vulnerable, which schizophrenics and drug addicts are. Throw "sex worker" into the pot (i.e. prostitutes—strippers at least tend to have some degree of protection), and it's even worse—also, in the majority of cases, prostitution and drug addiction go hand-in-hand. It is a sad reality, but it is logical that evil people pick these kinds of women as prey. They live on the fringes of society, and are thus easy targets. It's a tale as old as time.

by Anonymousreply 29June 7, 2023 3:46 AM

Well said, r27. I was born here (PDX) back in 1969, and you've described the state of affairs perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 30June 7, 2023 3:52 AM

[quote]The only fact of note that I've read about any of them is that one had schizophrenia (take a guess which one—it's obvious from the headshots).

I can't tell. The last one pictured? Or the Native American? Both of them look off to me.

by Anonymousreply 31June 7, 2023 3:08 PM

Portland, not Florida, is now where Woke goes to die.

by Anonymousreply 32June 7, 2023 3:42 PM

R4, maybe it’s the easiest-to-get-to secluded area.

Two years ago, my cousin who had just moved back from the PNW to our rural home state (I don’t live there anymore, either) ‘went out’ with some guys and they all got high. When she became unresponsive they drove to the most accessible wooded area and rolled her out of their car and left.

In Dallas, (and I think in Fort Worth, too), there’s a road where people dump all kinds of horrors— it’s fairly remote but easy to get to. They have cameras up now, so the dumping has gone down but the crimes related to it probably haven’t. I figured most cities have those areas.

by Anonymousreply 33June 7, 2023 4:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!