Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Netflix Docuseries Being Tapped for an Emmy Nomination

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle—Emmy nominees? It could happen, reports The Mirror, as their eponymous six-part Netflix docuseries Harry & Meghan could potentially bring home a nod for the pair. (Wonder if Meghan, as an actress on Suits, ever thought the Emmy she would be nominated for would be for this?)

Variety reports that the Sussexes are in the running for an Emmy for the show, and this exciting prospect shows Netflix “they have the staying power for them to continue bankrolling the couple’s projects,” an expert said.

Harry & Meghan broke streaming records for the service and was a massive hit upon its release last December. Mark Boardman, who has deep experience in the industry, told Newsweek that, if Harry and Meghan do get the nomination (and probably even more so the win), it could lead to future opportunities and business deals: “Being predicted for inclusion for an Emmy award alone is a significant achievement in the television industry,” he said, adding that it “carries immense importance and relevance for the Sussexes.”

Boardman said he is “certain” that there is a “very good chance” that Harry & Meghan could be nominated.

“What the couple need right now is industry validation, and this is just what has happened from Variety including their show as a predicted nominee in the Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction category,” he said.

Boardman also predicted the show would place in the top three to win the category, if nominated. The Emmys will take place on September 19 in Los Angeles, and nominations will be announced next month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 16, 2023 4:26 PM

Damn. Look at her busting out the top of her dress and straining the seams..

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2023 7:15 AM

That's from the evening Harry reneged on his appearance at a memorial concert as Captain of the Royal Marines so he could attend the Lion King premiere to corner Bob Iger on the red carpet and publicly coerce him into casting Meghan in the upcoming elephant movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2023 7:28 AM

They will lose. The Emmy nominating committee may nominate them, although it's highly doubtful since their stupid reality show contained so many lies. However, the Emmy voters cannot stand these two and will not vote for them. .

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2023 8:48 AM

Get ‘em’ Meg. You and the Royal Capper are doing big things. Lying ass cunts, don’t ever bring your stankin asses back to NYC.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2023 9:08 AM

THIS WILL BE THEIR CORNATION! Imagine them on the red carpet? Will they talk to Laverne Cox? Will Oprah and Gayle ride with them in the limo? This is GOLD.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2023 9:36 AM

Klan Granny thread. OP, it's been so nice without all these types of threads cluttering DL. Why did you have to go and do this?

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2023 9:58 AM

Truth in a documentary isn’t a requirement for an Emmy nomination? Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2023 10:03 AM

Jealous, haters?

Oh, I think so.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2023 11:08 AM

Assuming the nominating committee actually watches the series, won't they notice how staged it is? Like receiving some critical text from William while they're being interviewed or the manufactured paparazzi chase fleeing from a lone cyclist.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2023 2:12 PM

R6 don’t worry, the Spam Mammies will be here soon to defend their Queen.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2023 2:16 PM

R10 is another one blocked. Another klan granny gone. Yay.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2023 2:18 PM

R11 has a fruitful life

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2023 2:27 PM

R11 is dead to me!

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2023 2:38 PM

R6 The Windsors are attention seeking liars.

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2023 3:14 PM

Much more fruitful without klan grannies cluttering up my DL.

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2023 3:31 PM

[QUOTE]Windsors are attention seeking

Yes, that's where their adage "Never complain, never explain." comes from.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2023 3:47 PM

The article reeks of what their publicists hope for, not what's happening.

As usual.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2023 3:56 PM

The Emmys better not be held on any of either of Harry's rugrats' birthdays!

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2023 7:51 PM

[quote] The Emmys better not be held on any of either of Harry's rugrats' birthdays!

Don't worry.

NOTHING will stop me from getting my Emmy!

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2023 7:52 PM

Marie Claire exists to help Meghan manifest.

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2023 8:05 PM

[quote]The article reeks of what their publicists hope for, not what's happening.

[quote]Marie Claire exists to help Meghan manifest.

YES R17 and R20. That's exactly what she does. She shoots her rockets of desire into The Vortex via these puff pieces. Then she spends her days acting "as if" she already has what she wants (delusions of grandeur). She's playing 5-D chess lol

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2023 8:11 PM

Hope she finds a better gown than the one she wore to the Awards ceremony in Manhattan last month.

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2023 8:29 PM

I wonder if they can afford to buy a Golden Globe?

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2023 10:01 PM

[quote] I wonder if they can afford to buy a Golden Globe?

Can William the Terrible and Waity Katie afford one?

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2023 10:42 PM

“Waity Katie”? Is that the best that you can do? She will be the next Queen and that just kills you doesn't it, R24?

How are the Clown Car Couple doing, R24?

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2023 10:52 PM

[quote] “Waity Katie”? Is that the best that you can do? She will be the next Queen and that just kills you doesn't it, R24?

Don't hold your breath.

Rose Hanbury may still get the job.

Never say never.

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2023 10:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 5, 2023 11:10 PM

R23 It is possible.

by Anonymousreply 28June 5, 2023 11:40 PM

R1- R300

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 6, 2023 12:18 AM

Poor R29.

Old Granny suffering from dementia.

by Anonymousreply 30June 6, 2023 12:22 AM

These grannies take affront at anything less than worshipful of Willy and Kate. As if any of us Americans give a shit about her being queen. We are mocking you, dear.

by Anonymousreply 31June 6, 2023 12:56 AM

And they rise to the bait every time.

by Anonymousreply 32June 6, 2023 1:00 AM

No, R31, you do it to hide your shame at backing a couple of lying grifters like the Sussexes. However the deflection isn’t working, is it?

Isn’t it time for your weekly shop at CVS?

by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2023 1:14 AM

[quote]The article reeks of what their publicists hope for, not what's happening. As usual.

Prince Harry has 'LOST all sense of perspective!' | Phil Dampier

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2023 2:53 AM

Do they award acting Emmys to realty show stars? Meghan's a lock, if they do. Harry, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 35June 6, 2023 7:02 AM

Can't wait to see her outfit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 6, 2023 10:13 AM

You know, in all the ranking about the Harkles, why don't we ever discuss how bad of an actress she is.

I just caught a bit of Suits. She is horrible. How did she get the part, let alone get to remain such a major character for the majority of the show. It's good they've turned to docudramas and Oprah interviews because acting is not something she should ever have done.

I now understand why her public appearances are so contrived and phony seeming. She can't act her way out of a paper bag.

by Anonymousreply 37June 13, 2023 12:47 AM

OP: It could happen? Yes, and I could become the queen of Romania.

It hasn't happened yet. Regarding H&M, it's all speculation. Regarding me, well, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 38June 13, 2023 1:55 AM

R37 😂 Is she really that bad? I’ve never actually seen her anything.

by Anonymousreply 39June 13, 2023 1:57 AM

Well, if they are nominated, they'll have to be brought in the back entrance to avoid them being triggered by all the paps. We all know how private they are.

by Anonymousreply 40June 13, 2023 2:43 AM

[quote][R37] 😂 Is she really that bad? I’ve never actually seen her anything.

In suits, she's horrible.

She's so bad that you'd think that the role she was hired to portray was a bad actress in some fictional bad movie.

It's mindboggling that she got cast in the first place compared to the other actors in the show.

by Anonymousreply 41June 13, 2023 2:52 AM

Prince Harry sends you daft klan grannies his regards from his 21st century home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 13, 2023 3:16 AM

He looks to be enjoying himself without the Mrs.

by Anonymousreply 43June 13, 2023 5:44 AM

If they are Emmy nominated, E will be there to show Meghan and H departing in the limo. Hell, we'll probably see her getting dressed and styled.

by Anonymousreply 44June 13, 2023 10:38 AM

Why would Netflix campaign for them when they’ve shitcanned them?

by Anonymousreply 45June 13, 2023 11:11 AM

[quote]Prince Harry sends you daft klan grannies his regards from his 21st century home.

Why is it that hating the Harkles MUST be a race issue, rather than his being a moron and her being entitled and insufferable?

Seriously, their absurd douchey behavior couple with their whining about being royals is more than enough to hate them without race coming into the equation.

There is plenty to hate about the Harkles just for their being them.

by Anonymousreply 46June 13, 2023 1:03 PM

Okay, Emmy. Get ready for a near catastrophic car chase.

by Anonymousreply 47June 13, 2023 1:59 PM

Because, if you hate them, you will undoubtedly antagonize Black people and many liberals, who will conclude you are racist.

by Anonymousreply 48June 13, 2023 2:26 PM

One would think after The Cut interview a lot of people who were supporters have changed their opinions on the Sussexes, They have less staying power than Donald Trump unfortunately, because Trump is dangerous while the Sussexes are entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 49June 13, 2023 2:59 PM

Clowns dress the part.😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 13, 2023 3:24 PM

R48 If you "hate" people you don't know based on what the media tells you. There's a name for you hon.

DERANGED. [more deranged; most deranged] : unable to think or act in a normal or logical way especially because of severe mental illness : crazy or insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 13, 2023 3:33 PM

"if you hate them, you will undoubtedly antagonize Black people and many liberals"

That may have been true at the time of the wedding, but I don't think it's true now!

I think the public now believes that Meg is a basic bitch and Harry has gone from Hot to Hot Mess, they are unpopular and not because of racial issues. And I'm doing all my hating on Harry these days, Meg is just your basic SoCal bitch, while anyone who's read Harry's book knows he's a psychological toxic waste dump. Which makes him much more interesting than her...

by Anonymousreply 52June 13, 2023 4:09 PM

[quote]Which makes him much more interesting than her...

Nothing makes him interesting.

Entertaining - sure. But, there's insufficient substance to generate interest.

by Anonymousreply 53June 13, 2023 4:45 PM

Actually, R53, to someone who takes an interest in psychology, particularly abnormal psychology, Harry *can* be interesting!

I read his awful book, and although I'm as fond as anyone of playing Armchair Psychologist, I have no clue what the fuck is wrong with him, he's such a mess. I mean PTSD and a low IQ worsened by long-term substance abuse, plus... what? He's so irrational and indifferent to killing people that seriously, does he have one of the personality disorders that features a "clinical lack of empathy"? Seriously, he put out that book intending it to make him look good, and that's what I think of him after reading it.

by Anonymousreply 54June 13, 2023 4:58 PM

Harold is some kind of borderline/narcissist with a scoop of Famous Disease.

by Anonymousreply 55June 13, 2023 6:06 PM

That's why R53 and her fellow loons been interested/obsessed with him for years.

by Anonymousreply 56June 13, 2023 7:23 PM

R54 it's never off is it Tiny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 13, 2023 7:26 PM

R48 Shouldn't you be waving a flag at the Miami courthouse?

by Anonymousreply 58June 13, 2023 7:29 PM

[quote]I think the public now believes that Meg is a basic bitch and Harry has gone from Hot to Hot Mess, they are unpopular and not because of racial issues.

You must be in the UK because no one here in the "public" hears about these two unless it's daytime tv watching frauen.

by Anonymousreply 59June 13, 2023 7:32 PM

[quote]Actually, [R53], to someone who takes an interest in psychology, particularly abnormal psychology, Harry *can* be interesting!

While I concede the point that it *could* make someone interesting, in this case Harry himself is just your garden variety, entitled, immature spoiled brat with a low IQ who with both mommy and daddy issues who has been erroneously led to believe his entire life that he's special.

His inane, contradictory, and hypocritical testimony validates what we've all come to believe about him in the various Harkle threads (sans the true klan grannies who used to come here).

by Anonymousreply 60June 13, 2023 7:52 PM

R60 they are still here, doll.

by Anonymousreply 61June 13, 2023 7:56 PM

R54 reminds me of that rich kid (killed someone with his car), where the court determined he shouldn't be subjected to normal consequences, due to suffering from "affluenza". Thought at the time it was a bs term, made up on the fly, just to excuse that particular privileged little prick, but maybe there's something to it. Shouldn't be used to excuse crimes and bad behavior of course -- however, suppose it's not far fetched the wealthy/ privileged develop a distinct type of apathy/ victim complex, deserving of it's own category.

It would explain why he has complaints regular people find obnoxious. It's something few would understand because it's a lifestyle most people don't experience. Like the bedroom complaint, or their housing arrangement after marriage -- just not something regular people can fathom complaining about because it comes across as ridiculous when coming from someone that's lived such a privileged lifestyle. A lot like when we had to listen to the wealthy celebrities complain about covid restrictions, all while doing so from the comfort of their luxurious mansions.

by Anonymousreply 62June 13, 2023 7:58 PM

It tells us how fucked up America is though, when you don't even have to be liked to be "famous". I put them in the same category as the Kardashians, where no one seems to like them, yet they are everywhere and highly successful. They are untouchable for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 63June 13, 2023 8:10 PM

R62 Thanks for your profound vision, now back to lunch Tiny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 13, 2023 8:10 PM

[quote]...or their housing arrangement after marriage

This bit really really annoyed me since neither of the Sussex pair mentioned that William and Kate, along with baby George lived in the exact same "Nottingham Cottage" after they were married.

Other previous residents were the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, and Diana's sister Jane Fellowes and her husband Robert.

But, of course, not good enough for the Dim Prince and his wife.

by Anonymousreply 65June 13, 2023 10:15 PM

"no one over 18 stone seems to like them"

Fixed for R63

by Anonymousreply 66June 13, 2023 10:33 PM

Rather hilariously Marie Claire doesn't have Harry and Meghan in either of their top documentaries of 2022 or 2023 lists

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 13, 2023 10:40 PM

^Cuz it was self-serving and boring as shit.

by Anonymousreply 68June 13, 2023 11:14 PM

R68 Cuz there was no rocky road !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 14, 2023 12:48 AM

KGT has a weight fixation, I am assuming it stems from Mommy. Poor dear.

by Anonymousreply 70June 14, 2023 4:42 AM

KGT is like the crazies who use to post in Markle threads about surrogency and/or non=existent children. It's juvenile nuttiness and nowwhere near pointless bitchery.

by Anonymousreply 71June 14, 2023 7:42 AM

Nowhere near pointless butchery?

These deluded douchenozzles couldn’t find their ass, let alone pointless butchery, if you handed them a map.

It would be nice if the competition was somewhere close to the level we expect but these hosers fail every time they type.

by Anonymousreply 72June 14, 2023 12:25 PM

^ Sure Klan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 14, 2023 10:42 PM

He just likes to pointlessly "butcher" deranged royalass fat fraus . Much the way R72 butchers her chicken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 14, 2023 10:48 PM

Time for some new material, R73. It has been for quite some time.

by Anonymousreply 75June 15, 2023 12:39 AM

they've run out of gas and by now no-one's paying attention to them, R75

they have been total failures, here and elsewhere

like the objects of their delusional obsession

by Anonymousreply 76June 15, 2023 12:44 AM

Netflix CANCELS Heart of Invictus! GOOD JOB, HARRY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 15, 2023 3:36 AM

Understandably, R77, as it had gone from “Heart of Invictus” to “Outfits on Meghan”

It’s not about wounded vets any more. More like what a famewhore’s wearing.

by Anonymousreply 78June 15, 2023 11:00 AM

R1 She's pretty and you're an idiot. I think Markle is a tone deaf cunt but you're complaining just for the sake of it.

by Anonymousreply 79June 15, 2023 12:33 PM

It's not true that the Invictus project has been cancelled. Stop dragging shitty frau garbage in here.

by Anonymousreply 80June 15, 2023 12:40 PM

The question I am seeing asked on line is exactly how much money did Mrs. Harry spend on outfits (clothes & jewelry) that she wore at the recent games in The Hague.

And were the bills for said outfits sent to and paid by the Invictus Organization?

And is it true that after complaints, Mrs. Harry reimbursed Invictus?

by Anonymousreply 81June 15, 2023 2:23 PM

[quote]The question I am seeing asked on line

Why? I'm not seeing that. Are you feverishly scouring for it on royal sites? Hasn't popped up on my any feeds of mine.

by Anonymousreply 82June 15, 2023 2:27 PM

r82 Twitter, Reddit, Instagram

by Anonymousreply 83June 15, 2023 4:33 PM

Oh, sites I don't pay attention to due to fake news and trollery.

by Anonymousreply 84June 15, 2023 4:36 PM

Yet you troll and pass on fake new here r84

by Anonymousreply 85June 15, 2023 4:37 PM

What news have I faked, dear? I've been here since 1995. When did you start trolling?

by Anonymousreply 86June 15, 2023 4:47 PM

Normally if an actor has any talent or any presence on the screen even in a C list basic cable series like Suits, their work and personality would have jumped off the screen to get offers of more prestigious gigs. Check out Meghan's IMDB page. She was getting nothing and reaching the end of her acting career.

by Anonymousreply 87June 15, 2023 5:14 PM

As R80 knows full (assuming it can read) the Invictus Games have not been cancelled, but as the article says, the Harkles Netflix show about them, featuring the Duchess’s numerous expensive outfits, has been cancelled. Next flux is skint - they don’t have money to waste.

We might respect your arguments more if you weren’t dishonest - trashing sources you disagree with after lying about what they don’t say.

by Anonymousreply 88June 15, 2023 6:45 PM

[quote] Check out Meghan's IMDB page. She was getting nothing and reaching the end of her acting career

Because she was working on Suits at the time, dumbass!!

Was she supposed to be working on 5 different shows at the same time, Granny?

by Anonymousreply 89June 15, 2023 6:50 PM

The point would be that she had nothing in the hopper AFTER Suits. Unusual after being on a long-running series that she wasn't able to book anything.

by Anonymousreply 90June 15, 2023 6:55 PM

Next flux = Netflix in R89

by Anonymousreply 91June 15, 2023 7:08 PM

What does “cancelled” mean? Is it just that Netflix won’t be streaming it in autumn 2023? Does Archewell own the intellectual property? Or does Netflix? I’m assuming that the project is finished. The games have ended and the editing and post should have been finished already.

Perhaps they’re trying to shop it around to other streamers or cable channels.

It doesn’t make sense. And I won’t believe it until a reputable industry source reports it.

by Anonymousreply 92June 15, 2023 7:24 PM

She did work on other things while Suits was on hiatus. If you want to watch some truly awful acting, Dater’s Handbook, a Hallmark movie. You win a prize if you can tolerate more than 20 minutes. It’s so bad.

by Anonymousreply 93June 15, 2023 10:49 PM

Dude, you put on a fucking Hallmark movie just to hate on her acting???

Thst's crazy. I mean, really seriously crazy.

by Anonymousreply 94June 16, 2023 12:09 AM

When revealing the fact that Markle was only No.6 on the Call Sheet of a cheap basic cable show, Tina Brown pinned her to the butterfly board as a moth. Death's Head Moth.

by Anonymousreply 95June 16, 2023 12:23 AM

And it's time for the klan grannies to come out.

by Anonymousreply 96June 16, 2023 12:48 AM

R96 is Lipstick Alley down for maintenance?

by Anonymousreply 97June 16, 2023 1:25 AM

R94. I think you are the crazy one.

by Anonymousreply 98June 16, 2023 1:27 AM

Wall Street Journal announced that Spotify has dumped Meghan's podcast for a "lack of productivity" and they'll be forfeiting a giant chunk of the $20 M advance they got. Here comes another tell-all book.

by Anonymousreply 99June 16, 2023 1:32 AM

That’s all that you have left, isn’t it, R96? I almost feel sorry for you, at persistently following the clown car duo.

But not quite.

by Anonymousreply 100June 16, 2023 2:53 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 16, 2023 10:46 AM

^ Harkles get BUPKIS; their "empire" is getting washed away like a sandcastle:

by Anonymousreply 102June 16, 2023 10:47 AM

No r94, I wanted to see an example of her acting that wasn’t just YouTube clips and wasn’t interested in watching a tv series that was mostly about other people. It was a stupid movie but a couple of the other actors were good, natural, and that highlighted how stiff and artificial she was. When you mostly watch top rated shows with talented actors, it’s easy to forget that there’s a whole world of mediocrity out there.

by Anonymousreply 103June 16, 2023 12:19 PM

I only watched the first Suits but Rachel Zane was bitchy and egotistical so it was obviously not a stretch. I gather that continued throughout the show but that she was supposed to be sexy and occasionally vulnerable, too. Bad actress.

by Anonymousreply 104June 16, 2023 1:41 PM

With Spotify getting cancelled - and humiliating them by pointing out how unproductive Meghan is - her cartoon show on Netflix cancelled and rumors rife that Harry's Invictus reality show is going to be dumped by Netflix, they appear to have hit a dead end.

I always wondered what their endgame actually was. Could they become billionaires a la Kim Kardashian for gossiping and merching? Looks like it hasn't worked out.

by Anonymousreply 105June 16, 2023 3:03 PM

Lillibucks will be going into modeling soon, just watch.

by Anonymousreply 106June 16, 2023 4:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!