Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why are some celebrities uncancelable?

I saw something about Mike Tyson dropping Jamie Foxx from a biopic on him, and I can’t figure out why this guy is still famous. He was a wife beater, a convicted rapist who went to prison, and bit part of a dude’s ear off! And people still love him?

I know people freaked out over Will Smith slapping Chris Rock and that was pretty bad, but that’s not even in the same LEAGUE as wife beating, rape, and ear chomping! But Will Smith is canceled and Mike Tyson isn’t?

Did Mike Tyson do some miracle penance that I am unaware of?

And I still can’t figure out why Armie Hammer is canceled. He had some affairs, but that’s not really any of our business, that’s between him and his wife. He said he wanted to eat some woman’s body parts or something, but he didn’t actually do it. Maybe if he actually had, he wouldn’t be canceled, but again. Canceled.

Are there other uncancelable celebrities that I’m forgetting about?

by Anonymousreply 52September 2, 2023 4:29 PM

I can't think of any.

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2023 11:56 PM

Also forgetting Kobe Bryant raped a 19 year old hotel worker (who had a rape kit done and forced him to settle outside of court). I'm not on board with the Saint Kobe narrative just because he died tragically and played well.

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2023 11:57 PM

Died selfishly more like.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2023 12:00 AM

Mike Tyson had a really rough childhood and he got railroaded on the rape charge.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2023 12:07 AM

[quote]Mike Tyson had a really rough childhood and he got railroaded on the rape charge

And Robin Givens made up her story and Evander Holyfield was at fault for sticking his ear in Mike Tyson‘s mouth?

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2023 12:09 AM

Thank you, R1! I can’t believe I forgot about Ezra Miller!

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2023 12:10 AM

Because black.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2023 12:12 AM

Morgan Freeman had an affair with his step-granddaughter whom he had raised.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2023 12:12 AM

[Because black]

Armie Hammer is not Black

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2023 12:16 AM

R9 can you read?

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2023 12:17 AM

R8, yes, I remember that and thought it was particularly weird. May be too weird to be canceled even. Plus if anyone is uncancelable, it’s gotta be Morgan Freeman. Otherwise, who would narrate everything?

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2023 12:19 AM

Armie Hammer be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2023 12:21 AM

[quote][R9] can you read?

Yes, I can read. Maybe you didn’t put enough words in your post for it to make sense. Were you saying “Because black” to mean Mike Tyson wasn’t canceled because he is black or something else? Actually, I’m not sure what you were trying to say. You will have to elaborate. A two word response doesn’t tell us anything.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2023 12:24 AM

R13 you can refer to the OP subject line if want to know the question I was answering.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2023 12:29 AM

There's also Mark Wahlberg, who commited hate crimes which involved chasing black kids and severely beating a Vietnamese veteran.

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2023 12:31 AM

[quote][R13] you can refer to the OP subject line if want to know the question I was answering.

Then you can refer to the same post that says Will Smith was canceled. And he is Black.

So what is your point exactly?

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2023 12:31 AM

R15, yes, but Mark Wahlberg got famous after that. He would have to be retroactively canceled. That does happen, but not often. Or not often that I’m aware of.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2023 12:33 AM

I see in comment sections people accusing Tom Hanks of being a pedo? What does the Deplorables have against him?

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2023 12:34 AM

R16 Will Smith is not canceled.

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2023 12:34 AM

Dr. Dre and Ice Cube

Dr. Dre is a serial woman beater, but is revered as an elder statesman of hip-hop.

Ice Cube is openly anti-Semitic and anti-Asian, yet gets held up as some paragon of black civil rights.

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2023 12:38 AM

[quote]Ice Cube is openly anti-Semitic and anti-Asian, yet gets held up as some paragon of black civil rights.

Lolololol, now I KNOW you're a troll.

Your perpetual Aggrieved Olympics is both hilarious and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2023 12:42 AM

Black supremacists

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2023 12:43 AM

R21 Honey, no one is more aggrieved than woke POCs looking for a quick Twitter to GoFundMe payday.

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2023 12:44 AM

Hopefully Armie Hammer can make a comeback after the LAPD announced they won’t be pursuing charges because his accusers were sketchy liars.

Especially since the whole cannibal saga was orchestrated by his horrid ex wife and her PR firm.

I’m convinced she did it to drive him to suicide as revenge for cheating on her, and so that she could get her hands on the Hammer fortune.

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2023 1:15 AM

There is something charming about Mike Tyson. His lisp makes him seem like the cowardly lion. Has he done anything bad in this century?

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2023 1:35 AM

I would rather hang out with Mike Tyson than Will Smith.

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2023 1:35 AM

Mark Wahlberg, though, what a creep. Did he ever make restitution to the elderly Vietnamese man he mauled?

by Anonymousreply 27June 5, 2023 1:37 AM

[quote]There is something charming about Mike Tyson. His lisp makes him seem like the cowardly lion. Has he done anything bad in this century?

Yup. In 2006, he was arrested for DUI and felony drug possession and in 2009 he was arrested for getting in a fight with a security officer an airport. He went to rehab before trial in the first case, and pleaded guilty and got a one day sentence,, and the charges were dropped in the other case. He will always be a registered sex offender.

by Anonymousreply 28June 5, 2023 4:06 AM

[quote]Mark Wahlberg, though, what a creep. Did he ever make restitution to the elderly Vietnamese man he mauled?

I don’t know, but he did try to get it expunged from his record as an adult. That was pretty scummy.

by Anonymousreply 29June 5, 2023 4:22 AM

What's the story with "the Hammer fortune?" Why was he selling timeshares and pleading poverty?

Does he have his inheritance or is it held by the family in some kind of trust that he can't touch? Is it to protect him from gold-digging whores or women he wants to BBQ or what?

by Anonymousreply 30June 5, 2023 4:29 AM

R29, he did that so he could get a liquor license for his restaurants, if I remember correctly.

by Anonymousreply 31June 5, 2023 4:30 AM

WHET Robin Givens?

by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2023 4:32 AM

R10, you actually crack me up. In another thread you claimed you couldn’t see one of my posts because you had me ignored, but then you replied to another one of my posts. And you’re replying to me here. So thanks for un- ignoring me or lying or whatever you do. But your postin history is hysterical. It makes for a good read.

You are a master troll.

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2023 4:37 AM

I killed a mother and her daughter while drunk driving. Then I married a horse. I'm still boring, and working regularly.

by Anonymousreply 34June 5, 2023 4:49 AM

Matthew, Matthew, Matthew. Don’t be too hard on yourself. It was the 80s! You’re white, and a man(?). Back then you could get least two deadly DUI crashes before anyone cared.

Plus, you paid $175 fine. $175! That could’ve been an upgrade from coach to first class at the time.

Marrying a horse was your fault though. You don’t get a break for that.

by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2023 6:21 AM

I like Mike because he loves his pigeons.

by Anonymousreply 36June 5, 2023 7:16 AM

R15 Oh really?

by Anonymousreply 37June 5, 2023 7:45 AM

Shit, I meant that last post for R17!

by Anonymousreply 38June 5, 2023 7:46 AM

R21 is right, Ie Cube is very much anti semitic and makes no apologies for it. He posted on twitter a few years ago about how the Jews are running shit and blacks should stop playing along. He's also homophobic, many rappers are. I don't know about him disliking Asians, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2023 8:08 AM

Armie will only be un-cancelled of he shows off all his good in his next role. Full cock, balls and ass. Extra points of he sports a semi

by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2023 8:24 AM

Beyonce and Jay Z have done some shady stuff including performing for dictators

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2023 8:29 AM

When Hollywood or (sports) fans think someone's attractive or talented, they don't give a fuck who they've beaten, raped, or killed. They'll ignore the charges/convictions and blame the victims.

It comes down to this: if they make an audience feel young, turn them on, or can bring in $$$$$, it doesn't matter what they do or have done.

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2023 11:02 AM

So...this is another thread about the "Evils of Black people" and the mistreatment of whites with a misleading title because the OP is a coward?

GOTCHA

by Anonymousreply 43June 5, 2023 11:40 AM

He’s dead, but Michael Jackson.

Imagine Elvis, Mick Jagger, Justin Timberlake or anyone else admitting to having little boys sleep over in their beds.

Not even his groomer’s amusement-park residence, out of court settlements and victim interviews convince his fans he was a predator

by Anonymousreply 44June 5, 2023 12:22 PM

The obvious. Donald Trump.

If a regular guy had done the things President Cheeto has done, he'd be sitting in prison.

by Anonymousreply 45June 5, 2023 12:42 PM

[quote]So...this is another thread about the "Evils of Black people" and the mistreatment of whites with a misleading title because the OP is a coward?

[quote]GOTCHA

Hardly. I specifically included Will Smith as an example of someone who was canceled for doing something less than wifebeating, raping, and ear chewing because I really did not want to become a racist thread. But I should’ve known and I regret post seeing this now.

I should never underestimate the racism at this place. I’m surprised it hasn’t become an anti-trans post yet.

by Anonymousreply 46June 5, 2023 12:55 PM

Beyoncé is evil.

by Anonymousreply 47June 5, 2023 2:07 PM

Charming Narcissists/Psychopaths aren't easily cancelled.

Clooney for example is un-cancellable. He is charming, attractive and knows how to schmooze. Charming, attractive, well dressed, friendly, joking, back slapping people have a teflon coating that makes cancelling them more difficult.

In the celebrity world if you add "humanitarian" or "human rights" to your repertoire that also gives you an extra added layer of protection.

Clooney preaches about "justice and human rights" while profiting from child slave labor picking his Nespresso coffee beans and yet that doesn't get him cancelled. The media doesn't even question George about his hypocrisy. The power of charming and attractive! The media doesn't even mention that he has an actual stake in Nespresso as of 2013 (part ownership!) and he could use his clout to make some changes if he wanted to but doesn't as that would effect his bank account. He keeps his stake in the company quiet. Nestle's M.O. is that when they get called out for using child labor they issue a Press Release stating they no longer use child labor in "Village A". Then they just go next door to Village B and use the children there. When they get called out for using children in Village B, they just issue another misleading press release and move on to the children from Village C, lather, rinse, repeat. They've been doing this for decades. Clooney the justice warrior could give up a tiny portion of his 40M Nespresso paycheck and pay those children a decent wage or better yet hire their parents at decent wage so the children can go to school instead and improve their lives and future.

The Lake Como residents haven't cancelled him even though a good many know what he did to that 16-year-old boy in 2013. Why? He's charming, attractive, friendly, nice, writes them personal letters when construction on his villa is noisy and disruptive, leaves big fat tips everywhere he goes, back slaps and jokes with the locals. The small business owners need the business of the wealthy celebrities there and certainly aren't going to make it known they would snitch on any of them. They even fawn over him knowing a young man is now crippled due to his drunken antics. Would they fawn over a short, fat, ugly, middle-class guy with zero personality who injured a teen while drunk? No way! The power of charming and attractive!

by Anonymousreply 48September 2, 2023 3:02 PM

It's everyone else's fault except mine!!

by Anonymousreply 49September 2, 2023 3:11 PM

It's because Armie made Timmy cry when he popped Timmy's cherry - the fury of the fans followed.

by Anonymousreply 50September 2, 2023 3:45 PM

Go tell Big Mike that he is canceled OP. We’ll wait for you to report back, if you regain consciousness.

by Anonymousreply 51September 2, 2023 4:05 PM

R51's head: *whoosh*

by Anonymousreply 52September 2, 2023 4:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!