Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Friend on Dex taking more than their dr prescribed

I have a friend on Dex taking more than their dr prescribed, constantly running short and wanting some of mine (I just say no, but they keep asking). I don't want to give them some of mine because I know they won't pay me back, they're very disorganised and unreliable and always have excuses for everything. I can't afford to run short as I take it for narcolepsy. They know that, but keep asking.

They've also become incredibly repetitive, self-obsessed, a bit deluded, and are not following through on doing simple things they discuss endlessly. Their most recent ex-partner is a douche who was abusive and has caused lasting physical harm, then there'sthe emotional abuse he subjected him to. What's likely to be going on here: PTSD, the extra dex, or both?

It's so sad to see how they've changed. I just can't see that they're happy atm. I also can't see that there's much I can do to help him other than listen.

Have any of you been in situations like this before?

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2023 4:45 PM

What’s “Dex”, precious? What’s “Dex”?

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2023 11:51 PM

Dexter Colby

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2023 11:53 PM

Nope, his name was "Dex" Dexter. He was one of my many husbands, bitches. I ought to know!

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2023 11:55 PM

Dextroamphetamine. Dexamphetamine. I think your friend might be a little bit strung out on it. Does he get it prescribed for ADD or ADHD? Well he doesn't need it as much as you do, so tell him to fuck off, and hide the goods.

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2023 11:55 PM

Yes, dexamphetamine, thanks r4, and he is on it for ADHD. As well as telling me the same things over and over, he'll ask the same questions repeatedly. He does this even when he is on his prescribed dose, as well as when he's run out. It's as though nothing he says or hears registers with him.

I've known him forever and he's even starting to get pompous and self-important, which is very much out of character.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2023 12:08 AM

Neely O'Hara has swiped the floor nurse's laptop again!

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2023 12:11 AM

R2 and R3, I think OP refers to Dexter Jettster, a character from Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2023 12:13 AM

Your friend is strung the fuck out. Tell them that and I bet they go into hiding and you can keep your dex to yourself

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2023 4:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!