Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Horrors of Reddit: Older Gay Escalates His Obsession with a Friend's 19yo Son - Buying Him a Car Now

There's a subreddit called GayYoungOld, where gays of all ages seek advice and tell stories about their age-gap relationships and broader sexual/romantic desires for older/younger coupledom. It's not outwardly filthy (there's a separate group for that), but it can get raunchy, raw, and occasionally profound. And sometimes, you run across dangerously lonely individuals like the person below.

A middle-aged gay man wrote for advice a few days ago, asking for advice on how to land his friend's 19 year-old son as a boyfriend. He is deeply in love with the boy, almost to the point of obsession. The boy is not openly gay, and has expressed zero interest in this guy or in any other guy. He says the boy's dad is his only real friend, and they've known each other for years, but he's willing to throw it all away if it means finding true love with the friend's unsuspecting son. He originally sought advice on how to approach the young man to essentially say "You're precisely what I've been waiting for all my life. Come be my husband!" Commenters were, understandably, not too sympathetic to this one-sided affair.

Daddy came back today with an update: He is now planning to buy the 19yo a new car, in part because the kid needs one but mainly so he will, in Daddy's words, "Reevaluate the nature of our friendship and maybe explore a new direction." The kid still has zero idea this older man is obsessed with him. Several of us lost our shit with Daddy, and advised him to let it go before it gets any worse.

I told him he was living out the first half of a 60 Minutes segment, and needs to step back and gain some perspective. This boy isn't into him, and the man is being selfish by seeing their imaginary relationship only through his own eyes. The boy is the boy of HIS dreams, but he is likely not the person of the kid's own dreams.

He says I don't know how it feels to be single at his age, to go decades without meeting a suitable "high quality boy," and to finally find one who checks every box for him. He says the boy will see how much he loves him once he buys him a car and shows him how important he is.

What say ye, Gays and Daddies? Do you sympathize with this lonely heart? Is this what we're all destined to become if we're still uncoupled at 50? Was I right to call him out so rudely?

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2023 11:58 PM

The scene of the crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2023 8:44 PM

Delusional old man. He will make a fool of himself.

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2023 8:50 PM

I fail to see the problem. I’d buy cars for cute 19-year-olds if I could afford it.

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2023 8:50 PM

Paging Joel and Mitzi.

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2023 8:51 PM

Oh, I bet they're all subs.

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2023 8:55 PM

The 'old man' is 43 (!). What a delusional pathetic man. He says it's the son of his ONLY friend.

That's insane.

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2023 9:00 PM

Calvin Klein?

David Geffen?

It could be any of these pathetic, old and desperate queens with money.

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2023 9:07 PM

At least he actually knows the guy in real life. There are so many older gays buying gifts online for cam whores, it's embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2023 9:12 PM

I say I wish this were happening on a reality show so I could watch the train wreck happen with a bowl of popcorn ready at hand.

At least the kid is 19, so old enough to decide for himself what form his response should take: gentle letdown, moving away for college, restraining order, etc.

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2023 9:12 PM

This guy sounds like he’s autistic + horny which is probably not a good combination.

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2023 9:12 PM

You want to know the real problem here?

Rich, old, gay perv cunts think they can buy anyone and anything, just to suit their perverted and lustful needs.

Newsflash: YOU CAN'T.

And this is truly why THEY hate us.

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2023 9:17 PM

He's gonna snap and murder that kid

by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2023 9:17 PM

R11, this isn’t a gay issue. Many heterosexual relationships and marriages throughout history have been transactional.

by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2023 9:19 PM

The old is 43? That's not very old. Lots of twinks will gladly fuck 40 year old daddies. But they don't want pathetic 40 somethings. They want hot fucks by secure men.

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2023 9:20 PM

[quote] Many heterosexual relationships and marriages throughout history have been transactional.

MUTUALLY transactional.

This is one-sided.

The old perv wants the kid, but the kid does not want the old perv.

That's the difference.

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2023 9:22 PM

I called him old at R2 but if he’s 43, he is young enough to be my son. Still delusional and pathetic. I hope there is an update.

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2023 9:36 PM

I was going to say "nothing like eldergay drama." But the eldergay here is only 43? 75% of DL is older than that.

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2023 9:39 PM

If he's been single his whole life and he can afford to just buy the kid a car there must be something seriously wrong with him appearance-wise.

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2023 9:57 PM

The fantasy is that both the older and younger man are both incredibly sexy Colt models. The reality is that most people on Reddit look like partially melted candles covered in expired yogurt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 4, 2023 9:59 PM

Those photos are horrifying, R19.

Not a good looker in the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2023 10:02 PM

I think the photos are sweet. They’re filled with normal looking people.

by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2023 10:07 PM

"A middle-aged gay man wrote for advice a few days ago, asking for advice on how to land his friend's 19 year-old son as a boyfriend. He is deeply in love with the boy, almost to the point of obsession" -- this crossed over into obsession a while ago.

by Anonymousreply 22June 4, 2023 11:10 PM

despite some of these guys proudly being on an age gap page, some of these older dudes are definitely lying about their ages. some claiming to be early 40s look early 50s

by Anonymousreply 23June 4, 2023 11:12 PM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 24June 4, 2023 11:15 PM

This will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 25June 4, 2023 11:42 PM

If it were real it'd end in tears, but I think the neighbor's son is named "Joel".

by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2023 11:48 PM

Funny how such things seem to proliferate just as the narrative has returned to gay people being a danger to children.

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2023 11:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!