Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Three First Ladies to Have Dinner With

Set Up: You are going to have a dinner party with three first ladies. Which three do you choose, what are you serving, and what else are you doing?

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2023 4:06 AM

I pick Michelle Obama, Laura Bush, and Melania Trump.

We will have steak stroganoff and cabernet. The string quartets and lieders of Schubert will play. We will discuss music, literature, art, history, and cosmology.

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2023 7:02 PM

I want Hillary, Laura Bush, and Betty Ford.

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2023 7:04 PM

Hillary, Eleanor Roosevelt and Bar Bush.

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2023 7:17 PM

Mary Todd Lincoln, Jackie Kennedy and Pat Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2023 7:21 PM

Hillary, Eleanor Roosevelt and Lou Hoover.

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2023 7:22 PM

OP didn't say only US First Ladies, so....

Eva Peron, Raisa Gorbachev, and Clarissa Eden. Any one of whom would be considerably more interesting than Laura Bush. And all of them can talk about anything they want, having had far more interesting lives than mine and proximity to important events.

Dinner will start with a Soft-Shell Crab Amadine accompanied by a Puligny-Montrachet 1958

The main is Spring Lamb Á La Broche Aux Primeurs with a Château Croton Grancey 1955

The Salade is Mimosa, served with Dom Perignon 1952

Dessert will be Strawberies Romanoff and Petit Fours Secs and Demi-tasse and of course, more Dom Pérignon 1952

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2023 7:23 PM

Michelle Obama, Jacqueline Kennedy, and William Rufus King, President James Buchanan’s better half. We’re dining al fresco, as I expect J.O. will be chainsmoking through the meal. I hope to do none of the talking.

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2023 7:23 PM

Hillary, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Edith Bolling Wilson, who unofficially acted as president after Woodrow was incapacitated by a stroke and did so for the rest of his term.

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2023 7:26 PM

Betty Bloomer Ford, Bess Truman, and Florence Harding.

Betty will drink her dinner (saving me a buck) and bring a Judy-sized purse of pills for dessert.

Bess Truman will sit her fat ass in the corner and fuff like the Missouri Mule she was. She won't upstage anyone.

And Flo Harding will poison the other two, to save their dignity. She did it for Warren, and she'll do it again!

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2023 7:26 PM

[quote] We will discuss music, literature, art, history, and cosmology.

R1 Cosmology? Melania will talk endlessly about makeup.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2023 4:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!