Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Was BLM really started by witchcraft-practicing lesbians?

Can't y'all find something better to do with your magick abilities?

[quote]Jackson Lahmeyer, who claims BLM was founded by “witchcraft-practicing lesbians,” founded Pastors for Trump last year. He is a close associate of Mike Flynn. The MAGA movement is saturated in Christo-fascism. #Christofascism

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2023 12:07 AM

OP - another shit-stirring, stupid faux-question asking, pus-oozing fucking troll.

Die in a grease fire, troll.

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2023 3:28 AM

That’s so absurd. Everybody knows it was founded by Satan worshiping White trans women in an effort to trans every child in America. It was never about Black lives mattering.

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2023 3:30 AM

Well, since a good-sized chunk of Ayn Rand's writings went straight into Anton LaVeye's Book of Satan, I would have to say that most of MAGAland are idol-worshipping Satanists with their false prophets. I mean, Rome turned on a dime to supposedly become 'Christians', so I guess you can paper over anything and call it 'Christianity', even when it clearly isn't.

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2023 3:36 AM

Jesus Christ, R1. It’s obvious to anyone with eyeballs that OP is posting about the absurdity of a ridiculous claim from someone who is the founder of “Pastors for Trump”.

They clearly don’t believe that BLM was founded by witchcraft practicing lesbians.

Why the fuck are you being so hostile? Get your medications checked. You are why this website sucks.

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2023 3:38 AM

* Maury Povich, open the envelope*.

“R1, you… ARE the troll!”

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2023 3:42 AM

Look at the sheer volume of right wing extremist fucktards starting threads here every day and tell me this one looks appreciably different at the OP.

It doesn't. It looks just the same as everything those assholes post here day in and day out. If I got one wrong, that's too bad. It still looks like exactly the same kind of shit they troll us with 24/7/365.

Sorry I'm not sorry.

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2023 3:47 AM

Do you know how to use ignore-dar, r1? Click the block poster glyph on the opening post. Then click on the Ignored header to check out my posts. Do those posts make me look like a troll?

Really, I just wanted to have some fun ridiculing this guy, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2023 3:51 AM

Lol. Not witchcraft-practicing. Just greedy and opportunistic. Unfortunately many so-called activists work for wealthy donors and represent their interests. BLM simply co-opted a lot of local black activist movements in poor urban and rural areas and took credit for the grassroots work of unaffiliated activists. It was impossible to give a fair critique of this organization itself because they wisely associated the mantra Black Lives Matter with their brand. So anyone who did criticize BLM the organization was accused of being racist or self-hating (if black). A lot of us weren't shocked that they got exposed by the mainstream media as grifters. This was known in the grapevine for years.

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2023 3:58 AM

And, r1, they always have a link to either Murdoch or Musk.

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2023 3:59 AM

OP, I don't trolldar everybody's posts before I respond to them. I've been here for 25 year and I've never done that. I don't keep people on ignore much either. I'm sure if I looked at your posting history you would not look like a troll. Your post read like a troll post and as I'm sure you know we have so many of them lately. It can be difficult if not impossible to tell who is what.

However, since this has affected you in some way - I rescind my non-apology and offer you my sincere apology for mistaking your joke for trolling.

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2023 4:06 AM

[quote]Look at the sheer volume of right wing extremist fucktards starting threads here every day and tell me this one looks appreciably different at the OP.

It looks totally different, R1, and if you’re unable to distinguish between the two, you’ve spent too much time here. Go for a walk or something.

You’ve lost the ability to distinguish between sarcasm and trollery. If you couldn’t tell from OP’s comment “Can't y'all find something better to do with your magick abilities?” then I don’t think that you are cut out to post here.

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2023 4:07 AM

I eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2023 4:12 AM

And R1, I looked at your other posts. You and I share a lot of the same values. I’m sorry to come down hard on you, because you seem like a person with a good heart, but a lot of your posts are very rage-filled. So let me just suggest in a friendly manner, when you feel the urge to tell somebody to die in a grease fire, stop.

You have all the makings to be a good person online. I bet you are one in real life. But you’re not acting like one right now.

by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2023 4:14 AM

Everybody...deep cleansing breath...breathe in....

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2023 4:16 AM

R11, you seem sweet but really, I've posted here at the Datalounge for far longer than you have. Decades. Evidently I made a mistake about the OP. It's not the first and it won't be the last. It's also not a big deal, it doesn't bother me as much as you might be hoping that it does.

If I express "rage" at right wing trolls and Trans-hating fascist fuckwits, I'm not going to apologize for that nor does it concern me. I'm okay with it.

People are far too afraid of showing any anger. It's not a contageous cancer, dear.

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2023 4:22 AM

R15, no, you actually haven’t. You posted exactly the same thing at me on the post where I told people I had (I’ve since released them al)l blocked 195 people. You told me I was not cut out for this place. And I told you I have posted here for 27 years.

So I’ve actually been here longer than you. And you can ignoredar me and see that we had that conversation. And you can probably even find my post on a thread about the origins of datalounge where I asked why nobody has answered a question I posted 27 years ago. (And somebody finally fucking answered.!)

I don’t wanna fight with you. I’d rather be your friend. I get in fights with the anti-trans folks and the trolls all the time and sometimes I do say things, I regret, but it doesn’t enrage me. I don’t wanna tell somebody to die. I may tell somebody to fuck off, but I’ve been doing that for 27 years. I imagine most people are used to it by now.

These are anonymous people, posting anonymously, on an anonymous message board. Most of what they say are things that they would never say in real life, but they do you have a real effect on people reading them. So it is a big deal.

Half of what people say here are lies. We both know that.

And since you’ve been here *almost* as long as I have (but not longer) you know how much this place has changed. It’s not the same as it was 10 years ago, 15 years ago, or 25 years ago. It’s only gotten more hostile.

You and I do not need to contribute to that hostility. We are the OG dataloungers. Nobody’s ever gonna respect us for that, but we can still set the tone and post like we did a long time ago when this place was tolerable and not full of trolls.

But raging at people is just gonna make them rage back and make things worse.

So don’t condescend to me. We both came here for the same reason 25 and 27 years ago. And it wasn’t to talk to one another like this.

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2023 4:43 AM

Is BLM a grift? Of course.

Started by lesbian witches? Come on!

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2023 4:45 AM

Actually it was started by racist LE killing black people for little or no reason.

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2023 5:20 AM

[quote] but we can still set the tone and post like we did a long time ago when this place was tolerable and not full of trolls.

This place is not full of trolls. It’s one or two pathetic self-hating obsessives with no lives.

by Anonymousreply 19June 4, 2023 5:22 AM

You do you, R16, I'm responding as a courtesy since you seem to be looking for that from the DL. I'm not looking for that at all and I don't yearn for the golden yesteryears of Datalounge. (Other than perhaps our complete lack of interest in and arguments about Trans and having much better first hand gossip.)

I deal with this website as it is. I say what I want to say and in the way that I want to say it. I am hostile towards those who deserve it in my estimation and my estimation is the only one that counts - to me. You seem to take it as a given that I should or that I should want to alter my communications, to make them less harshly critical and more congenial. I don't actually want that at all. If anything I wish they were sharper and more vicious towards the people I dislike so much. They're fascists, homophobes, trolls, freaks and right wing morons who wish us dead. I have no desire to soften my attitude towards them. You seem quite earnest but I'm afraid the energy you're putting forth is misplaced and to be perfectly frank it's unwelcome. You are presumptuous.

Your reliance on Trolldar strikes me as odd for a self-identified "OG" on the Datalounge. It's perfectly acceptable, of course. I really don't see much need to use it but as I said, you do you. Congratulations on being here even longer than I, you must be extremely old. I don't know exactly how many years I've been coming here. More than 20 less than 30 - I usually put it at around 25. A very long time, at any rate, I'm quite old myself.

Let's leave this conversation exactly as we found it. I will continue to post exactly as I like and no doubt you will do the same and I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2023 5:36 AM

R20, thank you for that exceedingly condescending response. It is warmly received, and I hope our paths never cross again. You’re really a bigger asshole than I was willing to give you credit for.

And I think “you do you” is this stupidest contribution to the English language in the last 50 years.

Have a pleasant night, you old fuck.

by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2023 6:45 AM

I fucked a BLM once (bisexual Lebanese midget). He was fun.

by Anonymousreply 22June 4, 2023 6:49 AM

Didn't a bunch of witches put a hex on Trump during his campaign? Didn't seem to hurt him much.

by Anonymousreply 23June 4, 2023 6:54 AM

[quote]This place is not full of trolls. It’s one or two pathetic self-hating obsessives with no lives.

Oh, it’s way more than two. I didn’t have two people blocked from 195 accounts.

It’s a full scale invasion. And I don’t think they’re self-hating gays. Some are for sure, but a lot of them are not. I think we have a lot of straight (and some lesbian) TERFs and right wing trolls that probably aren’t gay, but stumbled across this place.

And so many people seem to think we’re infested with Russian disinformation trolls, but I find that really hard to believe. What would they get out of posing here? Not being able to change the minds of a really tiny community? Or are they here for Greg’s recipes? Whatever the case it doesn’t sound like a very good return on investment and a waste of precious rubles.

But it’s definitely way more than two.

by Anonymousreply 24June 4, 2023 7:03 AM

I thought BLM was started by pedophiles in the basement of the Comet Ping Pong pizza restaurant in Washington DC. They were using Hunter Biden's laptop to draw up their plans. And it was all funded by George Soros.

by Anonymousreply 25June 4, 2023 7:08 AM

Ah. You're entirely welcome, my dear R21. Despite your hopes, our paths will surely cross again. Perhaps you'll be in a better mood, one never knows.

I'm not at all sure that "you do you" is the stupidest contribution to the English language in the last 50 years.

It may be variations on "no fucks to give" or possibly "it is what it is" but we all routinely say so many stupid things that it's hard to choose just one.

Have a lovely rest of your weekend. I won't call you a big asshole and an old fuck and other names, as you just did to me, because I can't be bothered and, of course, it makes you look like an awful hypocrite after all your posturing as holier than everyone else.

[quote] These are anonymous people, posting anonymously, on an anonymous message board. Most of what they say are things that they would never say in real life, but they do have a real effect on people reading them. So it is a big deal... You and I do not need to contribute to that hostility. We are the OG dataloungers. Nobody’s ever gonna respect us for that, but we can still set the tone and post like we did a long time ago when this place was tolerable and not full of trolls. But raging at people is just gonna make them rage back and make things worse.

by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2023 7:14 AM

OP wasn't being serious, but some of us get suspicious because these sorts of threads always bring out the R8 types -- the ones who say "No, that's just silly, BUT ... " Sometimes, that's the intention.

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2023 7:24 AM

R26, you’re pretentious, you’re a rage-a-holic who says that they wish they could be more hateful in their comments than they already are, when you’re not raging, most of what you post is passive aggressive, you have no business calling anyone a hypocrite when you are a hypocrite for doling out condescending advice and then chiding people who dare suggest anything to you, and you couldn’t even deliver a proper apology to OP. You said. “However, since this has affected you in some way - I rescind my non-apology and offer you my sincere apology for mistaking your joke for trolling.”

That is the most insincere offer of what you claim to be “my sincere apology”. How in the world did you think “However, since this has affected you in some way” was in anyway apologetic or contrite? A sincere apology would be something along the lines of “ I am sorry for telling you to die in a grease fire.” Even an insincere apology like “I’m sorry you felt offended by my comment that you should die in a grease fire” would be better than “since this has affected you in some way”. That is not sincere. You didn’t even acknowledge that you said something stupid or use the words “I apologize” or “I am sorry”. You said that OP was affected in some way. You laid the onus for your misplaced rage on OP and made it clear that you think it was their responsibility for being “affected in some way” by your comment. What kind of apology is that? I’m surprised you didn’t say, “since you have such a thin skin, and seem to have been affected by my totally harmless and appropriate comment which you completely misunderstood, and that’s your fault, I offer my sincere apology.”

But after reading your last couple posts, I don’t think I should’ve expected a sincere apology from you to OP. I don’t think you are capable of one.

And I stand by my earlier comment. If this place brings out so much rage in you, then this is not the right place for you. You have made it as ugly and unpleasant as the trolls that you hate. And the more you fight with them, the more they love it, the longer they stay around, and the worse you make it for everyone here. That’s your accomplishment.

And I don’t apologize for that. But I would like this conversation to be over. Feel free to have the last words. I wouldn’t expect anything less from you. I won’t be responding.

OP, I thought your post was amusing and I looked forward to the responses that I thought it would get, but I apologize that I have turned your thread into an ugly argument. I didn’t intend to, and I am sorry.

by Anonymousreply 28June 4, 2023 8:18 AM

If you want a conspiracy about BLM, how come they only start going off when there's a presidentiial election? I think Putin pays for that. That's more believable than witches or a home grown organic movement

by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2023 8:35 AM

Ridiculous. But I do believe all three women that started BLM are gay (or bi)

by Anonymousreply 30June 4, 2023 8:41 AM

[quote] I’m surprised you didn’t say, “since you have such a thin skin, and seem to have been affected by my totally harmless and appropriate comment which you completely misunderstood, and that’s your fault, I offer my sincere apology.”

Well that would have been fine by me.

My dear R28, I thought it was quite clear that I was not apologizing to the OP. I certainly wasn't trying in any way to apologize to her and don't believe that a rational person would have taken my comments as apologetic. The OP didn't take my comments as any sort of apology, i'm quite sure she didn't. I'm terribly sorry that you so completely misunderstood whaat I wrote. (Once again, just to make it clear for you, this is not a real or serious apology.)

Some people have gotten very strange tonight. I wonder if there's some tricky astrological aspect playing havoc with people's thinking this evening. Very odd.

by Anonymousreply 31June 4, 2023 8:47 AM

Reading this thread has convinced me that the Datalounge was really started by witchcraft-practicing idiots.

by Anonymousreply 32June 4, 2023 8:56 AM

[quote]OP wasn't being serious, but some of us get suspicious because these sorts of threads always bring out the [R8] types -- the ones who say "No, that's just silly, BUT ... " Sometimes, that's the intention.

Yes, that happens, people are always gonna post serious shit in what is supposed to be an amusing thread. Usually it’s because they completely missed the joke. And I am still fully in favor of Black Lives Matter, a rallying chant, a mission, a philosophy, and even organizationally. And this isn’t gonna be really popular, but R8 does provide some legitimate info. Black Lives Matter started off as a Twitter slogan. And it became a movement. A very important movement. And then it became a loose coalition, and that was extremely important, but then a larger group did come together and they did take credit for the work being done at the local level by grassroots organizations. And I don’t know any activists that have ever been funded by wealthy donors, and I’ve worked with nonprofit, HIV community-based organizations for… ever, but would it surprise me if it happens? No. But unfortunately larger organizations do come in and bring coalitions under one umbrella and take credit for the work that they have done. And sometimes this new larger organization doesn’t have the best intentions. And a lot of the time, the small coalitions that are doing grassroots work realize it well before it becomes public and they will try to stop it but usually it’s too late by that point. I have seen that with HIV community-based organizations. And I’m not afraid to name names. AIDS Healthcare Foundation. They have become the largest provider of HIV care in communities in the world by gobbling up smaller organizations through lawsuits.

And it does sound like the umbrella organization was not working in the best interest of the Black Lives Matter movement. Which really sucks because they did misuse money that the community has raised and needed and also because conservatives can point to that and dismiss the whole thing and all of the good work and all of the important things that have been done and need to be done. It worked better as a movement and a rallying cry than a single organization. But I’m not really sure how much damage the larger organization did to the movement. So many people hated the name from the start. The “ALL LIVES MATTER” and the” BLUE LIVES MATTER” already were not in support of them, so I don’t know how many additional people lost respect for the organization because of what happened at the top. It does strike me as funny that conservatives will paint BLM as a sophisticated, money, grabbing and stealing criminal organization, and also dangerous protesters that burn down cities. There’s a big difference between those two types of things. That’s mission creep. Stay in your lane BLM!

Sometimes they R8’s of the world should step into an otherwise silly conversation so we can have a serious conversation that we wouldn’t otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 33June 4, 2023 9:48 AM

[quote] And so many people seem to think we’re infested with Russian disinformation trolls, but I find that really hard to believe. What would they get out of posing here? Not being able to change the minds of a really tiny community? Or are they here for Greg’s recipes?

Oh, wouldn’t that be exciting, R24!

I have a wonderful recipe for borscht and pampushka that will blow your ushanka off.

by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2023 11:04 AM

[quote] What would they get out of posing here? Not being able to change the minds of a really tiny community?

I'm not saying the trolls here are Russian (I don't believe that), but the goal of the trolls isn't to change minds and turn Democrats into Republicans. Instead, the goal is to make people feel so hopeless and dispirited that they don't vote or don't donate money to Democrats or progressive causes. Another reason that right-wing trolls show up on predominantly liberal websites like DL is to bombard the sites with so much shit that eventually people stop posting and abandon the site, and ultimately it gets shut down.

by Anonymousreply 35June 4, 2023 11:14 AM

Russian trolls aren't real. Many Americans (and Brits) are ignorant and intolerant. So anonymity gives them free reign to express it online. Many white people also LARP as minorities online, men LARP as women, straight people LARP as gay, etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 36June 4, 2023 12:41 PM

R25 is correct, the whole BLM movement was started in the sex basement of Comet Ping Pong by Hillary Clinton, George Soros, and Jeffrey Epstein. Originally they were going to meet to plan things on Epstein’s pedophile island, but he let Bill Clinton use the island for a charity golf tournament that weekend. The charity was to raise money to trans children against their will.

OHHH! But real, serious, and disturbing gossip about Comet Ping Pong.

I lived in DC for 11 years (and I probably will move back in a few years) and I don’t think people think about the fact that, even though it’s a medium to biggish sized city, every two years about a quarter of the population moves out and new people move in because there are changes in the house or the senate or the whole administration and all the staffers change.

Depending on the area you live in, there really aren’t as many lifetime residents as you might expect, and the people that live there permanently, and the people that are there temporarily don’t really live in the same areas, go to the same bars or restaurants, and you hardly ever meet or get to know them, so it can feel more like a small town than a city in some ways. If you meet a new person and you’re having a nice conversation, odds are pretty good that within a couple of minutes you’ll find out that you have a friend in common, or they went to school with one of your coworkers, or they were in a three-way with your boyfriend six years ago (yeah. that really happened. during the first few minutes of a very pleasant conversation with a very nice guy I met on the metro platform and then never saw again in my life while my boyfriend was cluelessly staring into nothingness 10 feet away and never even realized I was talking to a dude he’d had a three-way with. and then he didn’t believe me at first when I told him until he finally remembered and said “oh yeah. I did do that!”)

It feels like everyone knows too much about everybody else’s business. Like a small town, but with higher stakes, and more totally weird ass stories, and not infrequently, a murder or two.

So the horrible story. Long before Hillary Clinton was accused of having a sex dungeon at Comet, there were already rumors about someone involved with that restaurant. Bad rumors. The kind that involve kids. And a lot came out because of a fight between the guy and a chef at a different restaurant where the chef screamed a bunch of accusations about the guy to his face in a restaurant dining room full of people. So everybody knew about what the chef said as well as the rumors that had been making the rounds about him before, which were not pleasant.

And I’m the guy that is always the last to find out anything so by the time I knew, EVERYBODY in DC already knew.

And the rumors would start back up every couple of years, and they just seemed like the same story being repeated with some minor modification. Some people described him as a real jerk, so I never could decide if I thought the rumors were true or malicious lies, but as far as I know, he has never been arrested for what everyone repeated he’d done (and maybe does habitually).

The idea that Hillary Clinton was involved and had a sex dungeon for pedophiles in a building that doesn’t even have a basement was so stupid. But, the fact that the conspiracy theory involved Comet Ping Pong…. I’m pretty sure I know how such a random place as a pizza joint, and THAT pizza joint in particular, became part of the conspiracy theory.

There was lot of sympathy for him and the staff there after the guy showed up with a gun and threatened the staff and customers and it seemed like he went from being a rumored child serial(?) molester to a victimized gay business owner with a quickness.

There is no sex dungeon at the pizza place. there never was. That is such a ridiculous story.

The sex dungeon was at a Wendy’s on New York Ave. but it’s closed now and it was started by Bar Bush in the late 80s.

Everyone in DC knows that.

by Anonymousreply 37June 4, 2023 4:26 PM

R22 Wait! I think I saw that on Geraldo.

by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2023 11:03 PM

R35, I do agree with you and I didn’t think or mean to imply, you thought that we had Russian trolls. I was just mentioning that a lot of people seem to think we do.

But you’re right, there are trolls that just want to sow dissension, discourage us from voting, and make us fight one another. But we also seem to do a pretty good job of that ourselves. Susan Sarandon and the Bernie Bros. were so adamantly opposed to Hillary Clinton, that they handed the election to a fascist Oompa Loompa. I know American trolls did it (and Russia definitely helped), but they didn’t do it by themselves. He barely won, and if Susan Sarandon and the Bernie Bros. hadn’t dug their heels in, we never would’ve had to deal with that mess. And we are gonna be dealing with that mess for a long time because he managed to appoint 3 Supreme Court justices in one term. It’s gonna take forever to get rid of them. I’m pretty sure I’ll be gone before they retire.

by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2023 12:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!