Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Being Mary Tyler Moore (2023)

This documentary is excellent. I never knew Lucille Ball was such a big fan, understandably so. Is anyone else watching this documentary?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2023 1:26 AM

OP is worse than Beth Jarrett.

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2023 12:57 AM

I downloaded but haven’t watched yet. I am a fellow type 1 who was also diagnosed as an adult so I want to see how she dealt.

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2023 12:57 AM

R1 If its starting all over again—the lying, the covering up, the disappearing for hours—I won't stand for it, I can't stand for it, I really can't!

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2023 1:02 AM

Really, Mein Fuhrer?

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2023 1:54 AM

Do we believe her much younger husband really loved her? He was with her for 33 years, retired at 39 and she left an estate of 60 million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2023 3:39 AM

R5 I do, although I wouldn’t be surprised if he cheated on her. There’s a moment towards the end of the doc when the two are shown attending an awards ceremony, and he tries to grab her hand, but she subtly pulls away, ignoring him just as he says something and approaching someone on the red carpet—a reporter or security personnel—to ask for directions. It’s a brief moment but spoke volumes. Anyway, I think their relationship was genuine.

And I love that Mare was able to recognize that she was icy and aloof until late in life.

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2023 2:35 PM

Even thought two bitches, or the same bitch, came in here alluding to another thread, I just found it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2023 2:37 PM

Why isn't she more of a DL staple?

Why did it have to be that God awful Vivian Vance?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 11, 2023 5:30 PM

R8 Have you been on here long? MTM is a DL icon.

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2023 6:55 PM

The other thread is closed now.

I just watched it. Spent too much time on how the MTM show was so important to feminism and not enough time on MTM's personal life.

They didn't mention her friendship with Betty White at all. She and Betty and their husbands used to party together a lot apparently.

And her son's "accidental" death? Not much to say about that? COME ON.

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2023 1:20 AM

She was fortunate she was married to a doctor. She had several health complications when she got older, and was legally blind. Her resulting health problems were the result of her excessive drinking for a decade after she was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2023 1:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!