Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Danny Elfman celebrates his 7 decades on earth

Is that Bridget in background washing dishes ? He seems so narcissistic and delusional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160August 9, 2023 7:20 PM

Team BF

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2023 12:08 AM

He's so creepy looking.

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2023 12:20 AM

Yes šŸ‘ā˜šŸ¼

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2023 12:21 AM

He reminds me of the šŸ¤” from IT

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2023 12:22 AM

The only interesting thing is what OP queried ---- Is that Bridget in the kitchen??

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2023 12:23 AM

I think that is Bridget in the kitchen. What a doll. It's nice she enjoys her private, domestic life.

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2023 12:28 AM

I would have liked to see her have a longer career. She was really good, I think.

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2023 12:40 AM

R6, is incredibly obtuse

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2023 12:41 AM

Look through his Instagram. Itā€™s exclusively all about Danny . No sign or mention of BF or kids for that matter . Itā€™s the Danny Elf show

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2023 12:42 AM

Bridget has two sons.

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2023 1:52 AM

I hate his edgelord cake stabbing.

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2023 1:59 AM

Why isn't his wife by his side or at the table to share his epic, traditional moment? Why is she in the kitchen in a stained apron, instead?

by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2023 3:19 AM

Food >>> fame, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2023 3:21 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2023 3:25 AM

no booze at that party - just mineral water

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2023 3:27 AM

[quote] Why isn't his wife by his side or at the table to share his epic, traditional moment? Why is she in the kitchen in a stained apron, instead?

He explained that he had a few different celebrations, one with the family and one with "the gang."

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2023 3:29 AM

He looks alright for a 70 year old man, from a distance. If that's what BF wants.

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2023 3:32 AM

She said she liked being a civilian R9 so Iā€™m guessing she asked him to keep her off his social media pages.

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2023 4:05 AM

She was a normal sized person who now weighs 300 lbs, how happy could she be in her life?

by Anonymousreply 19June 4, 2023 4:07 AM

Regarding Bridget's weight gain, I feel very comfortable placing 100% of the blame on Danny Elfman.

by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2023 4:10 AM

I promise you, R18, civilian or not, if Bridget was still hot to Danny, she'd wind up in his feed whether she was seeking attention or not. Danny is a massive nerd. Attention-seeking in the extreme. Landing such a hot wife was a massive coup. Once she gained the weight she disappeared not just from her own Hollywood journey, but from Danny's entire public narrative.

by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2023 4:14 AM

Years ago, I heard him interviewed on XM Radio (before it merged with Sirius & became shit) and he seemed like a very interesting & thoughtful guy when he talked about his transition from techno band to movie scores, his falling out with Tim Burton & his inspiration for some of his biggest movies. For a 70 year, this creature just seems beyond tedious.

by Anonymousreply 22June 4, 2023 8:52 AM

That fucking freak. Like something that rolled out on the floor of a mushroom forest.

by Anonymousreply 23June 4, 2023 2:23 PM

A cure for fatness exists in prescription form. It not only cures fatness, it cures compulsive eating disorders.

by Anonymousreply 24June 4, 2023 2:34 PM

There are two women in the video. The one with apron isn't her. The one on the left WITHOUT the apron and hair up in bun looks just like her and she's assisting the apron lady. They hired some cooks to help prepare the catering. Bridget is always who designs, plans, hires, sets up all the party event stuff the family puts on regularly. Danny and his brother have both mentioned in the past how she's the one who likes to be in charge of the parties. Danny also said in TWO online radio interviews following his bday, which was May 29th, that his wife designed and made him the velvet cake ..out of the 6 cakes he had altogether and his daughter made him the pistachio one. I can post the interviews if I can find them again.

The cake thing as he says, is a two decade long tradition he always does and there's pics of such everywhere of it. And I see nothing wrong with a wife, for a split minute, helping whoever in the kitchen or grabbing more stuff to bring outside. There's no proof she was in there the entire time either. She could have been in there for just that ONE second for all you people know!!

So, by walking in her own kitchen is a sign of something sinister now?? Get real. Again...THEY HIRED A CATERING TEAM and they do often and some of those very companies have posted about hosting the Elfman parties before..and she's the one next to the apron gal helping her or getting more of whatever was there.

by Anonymousreply 25June 4, 2023 2:56 PM

R18 Thats what I've assumed and heard. That the family and friends and neighbors respect her wishes and her son and his friends. Their son has social media and you can sometimes hear her in the background talking and can hear Danny sometimes but neither are shown. Or you only see them from the distance or a leg.

by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2023 2:59 PM

She's the one wearing the gray shirt with her hair up in a bun on the left next to the person wearing the apron.

They hire a catering, kitchen team each party and they put on a lot of parties throughout the year. Jane Fonda even has posted, talked about it. Bridget's brother or cousin (?) Troy also liked and replied on Danny's birthday post on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2023 3:02 PM

R5 Read my above replies. That her in the gray shirt helping the apron person who was part of a hired catering team. Assuming its the same one they use always. Some of the teams have posted about hosting the parties before and that Bridget is always sweet and helps them out.

by Anonymousreply 28June 4, 2023 3:04 PM

70 is a big deal. I don't see this as weird.

Just a dude having fun with his pals.

I actually think it is sweet he respects his wife's wishes to keep her out the public eye.

by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2023 3:07 PM

R29 Exactly!

And he had multiple bday parties as he said. One with family n friends, and then pals, etc.

He's always had a funny, really in your face satirical sense of humor and the posts are pure fun classic Danny.

These people on here need to stop reading into shit and looking for shit where there is not shit!

by Anonymousreply 30June 4, 2023 3:19 PM

Here's the audio interview Danny did two days after his bday and talks about Bridget, his daughter, his birthday party, projects and typical fun Danny humor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 4, 2023 3:55 PM

Why did he get suddenly get all those tattoos? A tattoo is one thing, but he did all over his body.

by Anonymousreply 32June 4, 2023 4:06 PM

Is he dying his hair?

by Anonymousreply 33June 4, 2023 4:07 PM

Both women are wearing aprons.

by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2023 4:08 PM

When did he fall out with Tim Burton?

by Anonymousreply 35June 4, 2023 4:09 PM

R32 I explained it to death in the other thread. He's been getting tattoos for 30 years now. He wanted to complete them ages ago but during lockdown he had time to complete them. Also, there were articles interviews he did back in 1999 detailing his leg tattoos origins and his future plans for the rest of the body tats. So..it is not a sudden thing. He was bored during lockdown and had more time to finish them. he also wants to donate his skin to art after he dies or something, too.

by Anonymousreply 36June 4, 2023 4:11 PM

R35 This happened back after 93 following Nightmare Before Christmas, but they reconciled couple years later.

by Anonymousreply 37June 4, 2023 4:12 PM

R34 No, only one is. Look again.

by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2023 4:13 PM

R35 They fell out due to writing credit and other stuff. Everyone involved had a bit of a falling out with Burton following that movie.

by Anonymousreply 39June 4, 2023 4:14 PM

R32 Its thoroughly explained with sources in the other latest Bridget thread from April/May.

by Anonymousreply 40June 4, 2023 4:15 PM

Wow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 4, 2023 4:15 PM

R41 That's from the behind the scenes of the music video he did that was involving CGI animation and they hooked him up to the CGI thing for his animation. Its part of a full Making Of docu.

by Anonymousreply 42June 4, 2023 4:18 PM

R34 I stand corrected. She is wearing an apron as well..at 4th look. Still doesn't mean anything. She was helping in kitchen. She's known to help caterers and loves designing their family parties. Documented on Facebook via catering and party hosting companies they've used. She sounds like a really sweet, down to earth, humble person unlike spoiled Hollywood types and her snobby aunt.

by Anonymousreply 43June 4, 2023 4:21 PM

Did he force feed the entire cake to Bridget later?

by Anonymousreply 44June 4, 2023 4:23 PM

R44 Seriously, why be an asshole?

Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 45June 4, 2023 4:25 PM

Danny defender is so annoying. You ā€œseeā€ him in a certain friendly flattering light which is fine, you are entitled. But when you charge into threads giving perfectly rational explanations for his freakishness, you start to seem crazy and annoying.

You can love/admire/ respect the man and his music and I can think heā€™s a self obsessed nerdy troll with 6 birthday cakes, who sacrifices cakes to the gods like an asshole, who made Bridget fat and whose film score music is bombastic and dull. You can disagree. But stop trying to change me or anyone else here.

by Anonymousreply 46June 4, 2023 4:37 PM

R9 He talks about and posts about his daughter Mali very often and she posts about stuff she does with him often, too. He posted about his son several times who was also at the Multiverse of Madness premiere with him, and he explained his son doesn't like his pic taken but was a rare event. Actually go LOOK at the page and you'll see. And he often replies to fans and his wife and whole family get brought up quite a bit!!!! Bridget wants privacy and wanted her son to grow up in privacy as well. NOTHING is wrong with that!! Grow a soul.

by Anonymousreply 47June 4, 2023 4:37 PM

R46 There are other people in here defending him..not just me. And I was just simply giving context, background info instead of actual out of context bullshit, or answering stuff. People post a random pic of him hooked up to wires or "why does he suddenly get tattoos" and I just simply explained. Chill out.

by Anonymousreply 48June 4, 2023 4:39 PM

Roids. No way a 70yr old is that buff naturally.

by Anonymousreply 49June 4, 2023 4:45 PM

R45 is the ghost of Henry Fonda

by Anonymousreply 50June 4, 2023 4:47 PM

When I first saw the more recent pap photos of Bridget and how different she looks now, compared to her Hollywood years, I was taken aback and surprised in a way that probably doesn't reflect well on me.

I've thought about it since, and realize that I have a lot of respect for Bridget Fonda. It takes a lot of bravery to walk through life as yourself, especially when you come from an environment built on creating the image of a specific type of perfection. She's probably a pretty interesting person.

by Anonymousreply 51June 4, 2023 4:58 PM

R51 Agreed!

by Anonymousreply 52June 4, 2023 5:12 PM

Iā€™ve always liked Bridget

by Anonymousreply 53June 4, 2023 5:37 PM

R53 She definitely seems pretty cool. A kind soul.

by Anonymousreply 54June 4, 2023 6:09 PM

R46 You just literally said "perfectly rational explanations" , and the "don't change me" shit tell me you actually SEE that 'oh, that makes more sense now with actual background' but are afraid to change your mind about hating on him for no reason now that you've been given reasons behind your hate that aren't so hateful. You're afraid to actually admit maybe he's not this asshole you think he is. Its like you "need" to believe it. You are strange. A psychosomatic anti-Danny troll.

by Anonymousreply 55June 4, 2023 6:17 PM

R46 Also wasn't trying to change any shit. Just giving actual legit background and context to people's deliberate out of context random bologna trying to sway others into thinking the way they (you) do. Posting the wires pic with no context makes it look worse when there was a real story behind it and people constantly asking about the tattoos as if he just up and went crazy and started inking himself, which wasn't the case and well documented publicly .

by Anonymousreply 56June 4, 2023 6:20 PM

R32

Interview from early 2000's about his tattoos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 4, 2023 6:24 PM

[quote] he also wants to donate his skin to art after he dies or something, too.

Very generous of him!

by Anonymousreply 58June 4, 2023 6:26 PM

R58. I sense sarcasm. I think many on here are very sheltered and not familiar with or lack a grasp on outsider artsy, eccentric type of people with quirky senses of humor. Its like a foreign concept to you.

by Anonymousreply 59June 4, 2023 6:30 PM

He has zero charisma! Just creepy weird

by Anonymousreply 60June 5, 2023 12:06 AM

R59, did you know this is primarily a gay discussion forum and that gay people are known for having a ā€œgrasp on outsider artsy, eccentric type people with quirky senses of humorā€ ?

Also, Danny Elfman is the ultimate insider despite his unconventional looks.

by Anonymousreply 61June 5, 2023 12:39 AM

R61 what do you mean "ultimate insider"?

by Anonymousreply 62June 5, 2023 1:19 AM

Not r61, but I would say being an established Hollywood soundtrack composer for over 25 years makes him an insider. And before that, he was in a famous alternative rock band. He's been a well known name for many years.

by Anonymousreply 63June 5, 2023 2:04 AM

And he's been married to a FONDA for 20 years, R63 / R61. Not exactly an esoteric name in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 64June 5, 2023 2:13 AM

I'm happy for Danny Elfman that he doesn't feel 70. He doesn't act 70. He seems still very energetic and. creatively alive. I just think he looks not nearly as cute as he could. He used to be really cute. The hair is unfortunate. I'd love to see what he'd look like with a good haircut and a suit.

by Anonymousreply 65June 5, 2023 2:15 AM

Like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 5, 2023 2:44 AM

Sure, R66 but with a haircut that flatters. And/or his natural gray. He could be a silver fox with a couple tweaks. Whatever it is that's happening now, it's not flattering. But I also don't mind, hell, it's his hair. It doesn't effect me.

by Anonymousreply 67June 5, 2023 2:52 AM

Why isnā€™t she on the Ozempic?

by Anonymousreply 68June 5, 2023 2:59 AM

Kim Gordon dodged a bullet on this one. Can you imagine?

by Anonymousreply 69June 5, 2023 3:08 AM

You cannot deny that it's frau central in that kitchen

by Anonymousreply 70June 5, 2023 3:40 AM

You're a kind soul R51

Considering the family history of mental illness, I wondered if perhaps she took anti-depressants and the weight gain was a side effect (along with the stress of dealing with a man baby like Danny, of course) of keeping herself level.

by Anonymousreply 71June 5, 2023 8:46 AM

Really cute video Danny and his daughter, and their beloved doggy recorded during lockdown. Beautiful alt version of the upbeat sounding original Oingo Boingo song from the 80s. Shorter hair but when he was in the process of growing it out. Really cute look. His daughter and doggy feature in the video as well. Very cute and playful, really sweet video. Also showcases Danny's cute doggy figurine based on his doggy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 5, 2023 3:44 PM

Upbeat, charming , shorthaired 90s Danny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 5, 2023 3:46 PM

Very sexy Danny in a suit with Sam Raimi from a few months ago. Longer hair looking very snazzy and like young Danny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 5, 2023 3:47 PM

R69 Whatever. She still speaks very highly of him. So there.

by Anonymousreply 75June 5, 2023 3:48 PM

R61 R63 Not sure what him possibly being a Hollywood "insider" has anything to do with any of this, though. I'm lost.

by Anonymousreply 76June 5, 2023 3:51 PM

Dude is a fun, lively, eccentric, very huge personality, sci fi, horror nerd, insanely talented, and very friendly guy. If people thinking otherwise would just do a tiny bit of research, not much effort!!!! they would see just that. Most here show their ignorance when, FOR example, they ask dumb shit like "Why did he suddenly get so weird?" they'd know that this is normal Danny and Danny that was pretty famous for all the 80s, 90s, opposed to the short lived phase where he was wearing the suits and short short cropped hair and appearing at all the movie premieres. The music, the horror movie nerding, etc. Google shit before you accuse shit.

by Anonymousreply 77June 5, 2023 4:24 PM

Heā€™s so annoying and so is his #1 fan, who lives here.

by Anonymousreply 78June 5, 2023 4:36 PM

R78 Again, you do realize I wasn't the only one saying positive things about he and Bridget, right?

by Anonymousreply 79June 5, 2023 4:41 PM

Dan Fan, you're a frau, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 80June 5, 2023 5:06 PM

Nice body for a 70 year old man.

by Anonymousreply 81June 5, 2023 5:11 PM

R80 I'm a female. Yes.

A "Frau"? as in a stuffy stuck up, TERF, soccer mom female? no.

by Anonymousreply 82June 5, 2023 5:15 PM

As for the other Danny fans, I can't speak for those, though.

by Anonymousreply 83June 5, 2023 5:16 PM

There is no way the main Dan fan is not a frau.

by Anonymousreply 84June 5, 2023 5:16 PM

R84 I kinda like that nickname. Thanks. "the main Dan fan" .

by Anonymousreply 85June 5, 2023 5:17 PM

R82, no like an obsessed with an 80s rock dude frau.

by Anonymousreply 86June 5, 2023 5:18 PM

R86 Pfftss..whatever. Loud and proud. Been a proud fan for decades. ā¤šŸ¤Ÿ

by Anonymousreply 87June 5, 2023 5:23 PM

I think Danny Elfman seems wicked fun and cool and smart and every good thing. I wish I had friends like him. Hell, I wish I was more like him. I'm 50. I used to be in bands, I used to paint, used to throw pots on the wheel, I zined and wrote articles. Used to travel all over the world, hike, do yoga, and used to go to gallery shows and concerts all the time. Had friends all over the world. Would have epic Halloween parties and generally was living life large.

A couple years ago I hit a wall. Something in me collapsed. My energy for life disappeared. I hate it, and I'm not exactly resigned to it, but on the other hand I don't hardly have enough energy to try to fix it. I'm straight up, simply not the person I used to be. I thought I would be engaged and fully creative and alive into my 70s, like this Danny Elfman fella. I hope I figure it out, because he sure as shit seems to be more productive and having a lot more fun than the rest of us put together. I wonder if he takes testosterone boosters? Fuck. I'm so jealous.

by Anonymousreply 88June 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Dan Fan also uses "TERF" as an insult, no surprise. Internalized misogyny, slavish devotion to a musician who wouldn't spit on her if she were on fire, yep it all makes sense.

I'll bet you just love taking your frau friends to gay bars too, don't you, Dan Fan? You're such an ally! You go, girl!

No, really... go. Skedaddle. Git!

by Anonymousreply 89June 5, 2023 5:48 PM

Nobody in his right mind thinks "Danny Elfman seems wicked fun and cool and smart and every good thing. I wish I had friends like him."

by Anonymousreply 90June 5, 2023 6:21 PM

Well I guess I stand alone, R90. Me and all of his many actual friends. He's creative and interesting and energetic, and as I say, he's having more fun than I am and he's 20 years older than me. All my local creatives are all sort of fizzling out like I am, and it sucks. I don't know if it was Covid, or what, but me and a lot of people I used to be friends with and create with, we all sort of dropped out of the game. None of us in our 50s are having even half as much fun as Danny Elfman is at age 70.

by Anonymousreply 91June 5, 2023 7:03 PM

R91 R80 Hoping you're being legit... cos in other posts its supposedly you that was trash talking (sorta) about him on some posts.

by Anonymousreply 92June 5, 2023 8:17 PM

R90 Like R88 included, He's out there living life and having a great time and doesn't give a shit and genuinely doing stuff because he loves to do it, is something to admire. And he's damn talented and has a glorious music career under his belt...something most people wish they had and its something to look up to. 40+ year long successful career, longtime marriage, raised good kids, 70 and still rockin' and making Trent Reznor, Dave Grohl and others half his age and the likes jealous.

But R88 (who I think is also R91/80) also has a history of Bridget /Danny replies that make me kinda wonder if they're pulling a leg, as there are some anti dannyish posts, but I give benefit of doubt, ...I guess. But whatever the case, yes. Danny is mega cool and think many are just jealous someone who is that age is actually doing what he does and continually and has that gives no shit attitude about what anyone thinks and just lives life how he wants..which many envy.

by Anonymousreply 93June 5, 2023 8:28 PM

R89 Because TERFS are shitheads and entitled psychopathic, homophobic, transphobic women. Why would a gay board be angry at someone insulting TERFs (who are homophobic) behavior? TERFs are anti-gay... You make no sense. Unless YOU are some super feminazi terf yourself. What ever.

by Anonymousreply 94June 5, 2023 8:33 PM

This place confuses the hell out of me.

by Anonymousreply 95June 5, 2023 8:33 PM

Correction to my previous post in R93:

"But [R88] (who I think is also [R91]/80) also has a history of Bridget /Danny replies that make me kinda wonder if they're pulling a leg, as ***they have posted*** some anti dannyish posts, but I give benefit of doubt, ...I guess. Love or hate Danny, he's to be admired. But whatever the case, yes. Danny is mega cool and think many are just jealous someone who is that age is actually doing what he does and continually and has that gives no shit attitude about what anyone thinks and just lives life how he wants..which many envy."

by Anonymousreply 96June 5, 2023 9:04 PM

I'm legit, R92. I can feel this way AND that way. Do I think his hair is extremely unflattering currently? Yes. Do I think he seems like he's living his best life? Yes. Is he a bit hyper and insufferable? Yes. Does he also seem like a generally good guy? Yes. Is he wildly creative and consistently brilliant? Yes. Do I wish he could galavant around with his lady and not have to keep her in the shadows? Yes. Do I think his tattoos are weird? Yes. Was I a legit Oingo Boingo fan in the 80s? Yes. Do I wish I had at age 50 Danny Elfman's stamina and joie de vivre at age 70? Yes. Do I feel that he's a bit self-involved and up his own ass? Yes.

See? All of these things can be true all at once.

by Anonymousreply 97June 5, 2023 9:09 PM

R97 Thank you for your honesty, politeness, and fair point. Though, I honestly think Bridget's not being there by his side publicly or on his posts is her actual choice. She hides in the shadows from others' posts and events too, like Jane's, and her sons social media and other family, family friends but is mentioned or in the background. She's probably self conscious and public anxiety, but again, respectfully respect your opinion, especially given your civility.

by Anonymousreply 98June 5, 2023 9:28 PM

[quote] None of us in our 50s are having even half as much fun as Danny Elfman is at age 70.

How do you know, really? It's true that Instagram, etc., are highlight reels of a person's life. It's a trap to compare your entire life to someone else's Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 99June 5, 2023 9:40 PM

R99 Just those "highlights" alone are a huge deal, at 70, or ANY age really.

by Anonymousreply 100June 5, 2023 9:50 PM

Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 101June 5, 2023 10:05 PM

R89 rocks !!

by Anonymousreply 102June 5, 2023 10:23 PM

I pray that r94 is satire

by Anonymousreply 103June 5, 2023 10:23 PM

I'm lost??? Isn't a TERF a bad person??? like a Karen? or am I missing something here or ignorant to terms or some shit?

by Anonymousreply 104June 5, 2023 10:26 PM

Danny Elfman is a weird guy.

by Anonymousreply 105June 5, 2023 11:00 PM

R103

Just looked it up on wiki...

"Search for a word TERF /tərf/ nounDEROGATORY a person whose views on gender identity are considered hostile to transgender people, or who opposes social and political policies designed to be inclusive of transgender people."

So...I'm lost. Transphobia, homophobia, etc are bad things ...and I was saying I wasn't one of those typical TERF, uptight conservative, Karen like, racist, Stepford Wife type women.

Honestly have no idea about any of this stuff nor the underlying constitute of this board so assuming I'm missing something or misunderstanding something. Also, mind you, I'd never even heard of the term til I read something on a Tumblr board a couple years ago. Just thought it meant basically a transphobic and homophobic super crazy like psycho super conservative feminist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 5, 2023 11:01 PM

True that, R99. Thank you for the reminder! xx

by Anonymousreply 107June 5, 2023 11:02 PM

R105 That's one of the reasons us Danny fans like him! He's weird, in a good, fun way. He's different, creative.

by Anonymousreply 108June 5, 2023 11:05 PM

Frauey McFrauerson thinks trans = gay and gay = trans. What a surprise!

by Anonymousreply 109June 5, 2023 11:53 PM

Ouch, R109. Maybe let's not pile on the innocent Dan Stan Super Fan. She means no harm. So she's obsessed with Danny Elfman. That's no crime.

by Anonymousreply 110June 6, 2023 12:07 AM

But why bring the obsession to Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 111June 6, 2023 12:11 AM

[quote] Is that Bridget in background washing dishes ?

It appears to be her however, I believe she is baking or cooking. It also looks like Bridget is wearing that Old Navy striped shirt she has been caught wearing 2x in public

by Anonymousreply 112June 6, 2023 12:21 AM

Is wearing an Old Navy striped shirt a fashion crime?

by Anonymousreply 113June 6, 2023 1:55 AM

R112, poor thing . Total depression

by Anonymousreply 114June 6, 2023 2:51 AM

R112 That's a solid dark shirt in the vid...not the striped shirt.

by Anonymousreply 115June 6, 2023 3:35 AM

R112 Also, what is the crime of baking or cooking during a birthday celebration??? Did you all grow up where nobody helped cook or bake birthday stuff for you or did you have a 5 star Mr. Belvedere/maid which you were forbidden to help out and had everything done for you; waited on hand and foot, or did you go to some 5 star restaurant to provide each birthday munchie where doing anything at home or yourself was considered a crime or low class? And again, she's known to be very into arranging the whole party planning thing and helping out and joining in. Because she's not a spoiled celeb, unlike her brat aunt, and is an actual decent person.

Datalounge: Where actually helping staff, being polite, having manners, and helping in a kitchen is considered depression, abused, or a crime.

And the shirt in the video is solid gray!!!!!!!!!!! Not striped!!

by Anonymousreply 116June 6, 2023 3:44 AM

[quote] Datalounge: Where actually helping staff, being polite, having manners, and helping in a kitchen is considered depression, abused, or a crime.

Thanks for the giggle

by Anonymousreply 117June 6, 2023 3:47 AM

Bridget could literally come on here or national TV and the whole damn world as her witness stating she was just going in the kitchen to help the hired cook or to help bring stuff outside and that she refuses to rejoin the industry for a good reason, and that she flat out refuses to be photographed or attention drawn to her, and gained weight over like, cancer or something completely out of her control and you all would still make up sinister shit to believe. Because for some creepy reason, you need it to be something bad. God itself, if there is one, could come down and say the same and you'd argue God over it!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 118June 6, 2023 3:48 AM

R117 You're welcome!

by Anonymousreply 119June 6, 2023 3:49 AM

R118- Bridget , have some more cake

by Anonymousreply 120June 6, 2023 3:50 AM

R120 I'm not Bridget.

by Anonymousreply 121June 6, 2023 3:57 AM

"Bridget Fonda: The Edge of Reason" by DL

by Anonymousreply 122June 6, 2023 4:34 AM

I love when OP finds a picture or short video clip about a celebrity and makes inferences about their personality, behavior, or relationship status.

by Anonymousreply 123June 6, 2023 8:07 AM

I question how many of those decades were on earth

by Anonymousreply 124June 6, 2023 8:50 AM

R123 Exactly. Says a lot about the OP (and society in general...).

by Anonymousreply 125June 6, 2023 2:01 PM

R124 Even us fans have wondered that on occasion... If he's really human or not. (We mean that in a cute, endearing way though.)

by Anonymousreply 126June 6, 2023 2:03 PM

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 127June 6, 2023 9:15 PM

Pistachio cake sounds amazing

by Anonymousreply 128June 6, 2023 11:35 PM

Oink.

by Anonymousreply 129June 6, 2023 11:37 PM

R118 is a deranged Scientologist who is obsessed with Elfman .

by Anonymousreply 130June 6, 2023 11:48 PM

There is a clam vibe on this thread, R130.

by Anonymousreply 131June 7, 2023 1:48 AM

I'm not a Sci. Sci is a freaky cult. Ew.

And Danny isn't Sci. His brother, nephew and niece in law Jenna are though.

And I'm not obsessed. Just the deliberate attacks people keep making on he and Bridget based on the most dumbest shit and out of context runs rampant on here. Which there seems to be some kind of vendetta against them on here for some reason.

Example... explaining actual background and literally innocent explanations to stuff against the hostile accusations people make about them.

I only originally found this place by accident when you all started on the attacks over a year ago when that Daily Mail thing came out. Someone was Google searching something unrelated and that thread came up in the results, and some of us fans were like what the fuck... then saw there'd been an ongoing assault against her and Danny. So..decided to clear up many of the lies and assumptions people were making without doing any real actual research or talking about shit they know zero about. Most probably had no clue about anything about Danny prior. Only Bridget cuz of Jane or whatever I don't know.

Like this OP...bases bogus assumptions on a two second video of her in a kitchen helping someone so jumps to crazy conclusions. so I gave some info on that she's known to Actually Enjoy HELPING CATERERS And who in their right mind even comes to any far fetched conclusions based on just a person in a damn kitchen???

Before I came on..you all just thought Danny just recently started tattoos and being wild and stuff. Things like that. Just simply a fan putting out needless fires started by people jumping to conclusions based on ...nothing.

by Anonymousreply 132June 7, 2023 2:19 AM

This is a moot point. Its like talking to walls for the most part.

So..doesn't really matter. Said what I needed to say , and other defenders.

There is no conspiracy behind the Elfman/Fonda thing... stop looking for one.

I made the mistake of still lurking on the forum (it's an interesting place sometimes, sorry!) and seeing the new Fonda posts...and I found myself not being able to not say shit especially when slanderous incorrect info was being spouted. I think I said all I could in the replies section of the April Fonda vs reporters thread. Thought that was the end of it honestly.

But when you're a huge fan of something or someone, you naturally will hop into the discussion and defend it, right? No different than my replies.

by Anonymousreply 133June 7, 2023 2:27 AM

R131 Not a scientologist and never was and would never involve myself in that trash.

No offense to any scientologists on the board, but ones gotta be REALLY stupid to be part of that.

And again, Danny and Bridget aren't either. But members of his family are.

Danny mentioned in an interview that the extended family has an agreement to not discuss religion or politics at family gatherings. And he is an atheist since age 11. Thank fuck.

by Anonymousreply 134June 7, 2023 2:32 AM

R128 It does!

by Anonymousreply 135June 7, 2023 2:33 AM

R134, fuck off you shrill !!

by Anonymousreply 136June 7, 2023 2:34 AM

Don't know what else to say or why I even bother. Said what needed to be said. Explained stuff and gave background info and anyone else later can just reference that if they are curious. Like i said, god itself could say whatever and some of you would still believe the "narcissist" "satanist" "Bridget's mental" conspiracies. Wasting my time here. I'm a fucking idiot for still reading the board and responding every time these come up.

What ever.

by Anonymousreply 137June 7, 2023 2:37 AM

One last thing..

Someone simply being in a damn kitchen in a two second video...grabbing something from the cook or handing something to them, in no way means they're forced to be in there or that the husband is a narcissist or...whatever twisted ass shit you said. Its almost comical to even know that someone out there could actually draw that kinda conclusion. Troll or a very sheltered person OP is.

Leaving this one to you guys now.

by Anonymousreply 138June 7, 2023 2:42 AM

U so tedious!

by Anonymousreply 139June 7, 2023 3:05 AM

I would never conclude a wealthy woman who has gained a significant amount of weight is in the kitchen because she's forced to be there.

I would conclude this wealthy woman, who loves eating good food, is in the kitchen supervising workers who are preparing a special meal for a family event.

by Anonymousreply 140June 7, 2023 10:14 AM

[ quote] would never conclude a wealthy woman who has gained a significant amount of weight is in the kitchen because she's forced to be there.

Are you deliberately ignoring the obvious deduction of Bridget being in the kitchen hovering over food?

by Anonymousreply 141June 7, 2023 10:23 AM

ESL šŸ‘†

by Anonymousreply 142June 7, 2023 10:50 AM

R142?

R141 So, someone hovering over food, in a kitchen, automatically means they're being forced there? You realize everyone in the world has hovered over food in a kitchen or a kitchen/cooking-type construct at least some point in their life.............................

by Anonymousreply 143June 9, 2023 2:58 PM

R140 Again, and last time I'm saying it. Bridget is known to like to be helpful, down to earth, and helpful of hired company who host their very infamous family parties. She supposedly likes doing all the planning and setting up, decor ideas and gets very first hand involved. Her brother in law Richard pretty much stated such in multiple, yet older, posts of his on Facebook years back, when the Elfmans would put up big parties and even your beloved Jane Fonda wrote about it on her old blog, that's still up. There was even an article posted here on DL a while back about some furniture shop owner in Los Angeles telling about how Bridget used to shop there a lot and buy crazy big decor and other items and was always very humble and always chose to carry out and deliver the big items herself out of politeness and wasn't like full of herself wanting everyone to wait on her hand and foot like other celebs. Was from one of those other gossip sites. Also have heard quite a lot of other stories like that, over time, about how humble she is and really polite and sweet. These stories stem back from the 90s onward to after she married Danny and up to a few years ago. Seems to be clear she does prefer doing all that and decor, home designing, as she was just photographed lastyear by DailyHell mag shopping by herself at a garden shop for pavel stones. She apparently loves doing all that kinda stuff and doing it herself. Landscaping, gardening, party planning and designing it. She's supposedly well known over there for it as I've also seen reports on Facebook by hired companies the family has used for events and they say the same about Bridget always being so gracious and helpful towards them and one of the nicest celebs to work for and its her who hires and sets it all up. Just do a few searches on there. Plus, some were posted on a couple Oingo Boingo related fan pages. So was easy.

by Anonymousreply 144June 9, 2023 3:13 PM

Born rich people are not the same as nouveau riche. People born with money aren't as hung up on status and image and are quite frugal. Sometimes they have parents who actually want children to be useful and not leeches. So these kids get pushed to be well-rounded and humble people who have to earn what they receive. Thus they enjoy being helpful and doing things themselves. It's hard for working class and middle class people to imagine that rich people could possibly enjoy housework and party planning because the image they consume from the media that all rich people are arrogant, spoiled and lazy. But those negative traits anyone can have.

by Anonymousreply 145June 9, 2023 3:37 PM

Is Bridget going to try Ozempic?

by Anonymousreply 146June 9, 2023 3:52 PM

R145 Spot on!!!!

by Anonymousreply 147June 9, 2023 3:55 PM

Maybe Bridget got tired of starving, diet pills, coke and the whole fame game.

What's so great about being famous? Do people actually "love" you if they only like you when you're thin? Oh no she's a big fat cow, oh yuck. Well you never really loved her anyway so what good is it?

Maybe she wants to eat cake and chill with her family. Good for her not seeking endless plastic surgeries and Kardashian herself up. She doesn't give a shit what you fake love people think of her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 148June 10, 2023 5:36 PM

Her father seemed down to earth and not very much into the Hollywood scene (from what I know, look at his filmography, he didn't chase blockbusters). She herself got into acting because she liked it. She was born into money, so didn't need to work. She left to start a family and unlike Cameron Diaz who "quit" yet keeps doing interviews and pushing her products. Bridget was actually serious and disappeared from the entire spotlight. She's not dieting, getting work done or starving herself to look like a blonde ingenue anymore. She aged like a normal WASPy white woman would.

by Anonymousreply 149June 10, 2023 5:42 PM

[quote]I only originally found this place by accident when you all started on the attacks over a year ago when that Daily Mail thing came out. Someone was Google searching something unrelated and that thread came up in the results, and some of us fans were like what the fuck...

Dear one at R144 and all the other earnest posts on this thread, it's time that someone finally spills the beans to save you any more heartache or frustration:

DL is a place of "pointless bitchery." That's the motto of the site. That's sort of the entire thing here. We exist as a forum for GAY folks to gossip wildly and unreservedly. To say the unsayable, to get outrageous and to wallow in our most catty instincts. It's not a site founded on journalistic truth, or vetted facts, or reason, or disciplined debate.

Many of the most thriving active threads are not even driven by true passionate interest in the topic, but rather by sheer boredom, the thrill of absurdity, trolling, and the quest for verbal one-up-man-ship.

So the naked truth is that no one cares one way or the other, ultimately, about Danny Elfman here on DL. No one has it out for him, either. But no one here is especially invested in him. Maybe on other forums, but not here.

People come here to blow off steam. It's fun to make mountains of gossip out of molehills. We are anti-cancel culture and so we tolerate a lot of bad behavior. If you spend enough time here, you learn to give as good as you get. This isn't a site for the faint of heart.

I think your man Danny is interesting, talented and slightly mysterious. His legacy is immense. So I'm not telling you that you're wrong to feel passionately about the guy or to feel bad when you see his name or reputation seemingly besmirched. I just really want to clear up what is going on here on THIS particular website, once and for all. Because it's not what you think. It's a free-for all here. It's the wild wild west. By design. Your earnest ministrations aren't going to change that.

And so, while I empathize with your love of Danny Elfman and your instinct to protect his and especially Bridget's integrity, I would like to suggest that you perhaps go and find another place to discuss them with the sincerity of which you are capable. You're tilting at windmills here, and it's truly, truly not worth your time.

Sending you hugs.

by Anonymousreply 150June 10, 2023 10:48 PM

Danny is Satanic.

by Anonymousreply 151June 11, 2023 1:15 AM

Danny isā€¦boring.

by Anonymousreply 152June 15, 2023 7:33 PM

Fantastic composer, but definitely an odd bird.

by Anonymousreply 153June 15, 2023 7:37 PM

Agreed R152. Talented, funny, apparently a very nice guy- but boring. I can't believe his fan killed a 150+ reply thread out of him having a birthday cookout on his back patio.

It's like someone being a fan of your neighbor down the street. He's not that impressive, girl.

by Anonymousreply 154June 15, 2023 7:39 PM

Milked, not killed. Oops šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

by Anonymousreply 155June 15, 2023 7:41 PM

I find his film compositions dull and predictable. Maybe for a bit in the early 90s he was fresh but then it all starts to sound the same.

by Anonymousreply 156June 15, 2023 9:34 PM

Tim Burton and Danny Elfman both peaked in the early 90s. Both talented and unique for their time and place but quickly ended up one-trick ponies.

by Anonymousreply 157June 16, 2023 2:04 AM

I can't tell what makes a film score good or not, but the music in Beetlejuice noticeably carries the movie. If it wasn't constantly setting the tone most of the jokes wouldn't have landed.

by Anonymousreply 158June 16, 2023 10:09 AM

How was this ever a topic?

Oh no, someone was doing something....in a kitchen...........AGHAST!!

by Anonymousreply 159August 9, 2023 6:50 PM

And here you are bumping the thread .. dumb shit

by Anonymousreply 160August 9, 2023 7:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!