Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Religious kooks in Canada are keeping their kids home from school on Pride Day

They should send their kids to private, religious schools if they don't like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 11, 2024 12:20 PM

More.................

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2023 1:42 PM

Even happening in Ottawa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2023 1:43 PM

I'm sure they raise a christian flag at easter and all the atheist kids aren't kept home.

So what's the difference?

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2023 1:55 PM

Well public schools are dying. And rich religious nutters already homeschool or send their kids to private schools to be indoctrinated further.

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2023 1:57 PM

Well the people mentioned in the article should follow suit if they can't handle Rainbow or Pride Day, R4.

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2023 2:02 PM

[quote]2SLGBTQIA

There are so many letters an numbers now people can't even get the order right.

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2023 2:03 PM

R5 I agree. And some of these assholes are brainwashed by Fox News and their Facebook feeds to think this is "anti-family indoctrination." Americans forgot that public education is for everyone and there's many want to bend it to their own individual values. Especially extremist Christians or bigots. They revise history too and ignore America was an aggressively secular society until the Cold War and fear of communism pushed religion more into the public sphere. Not surprising many extremist Christians worship guns, capitalism and are nativist/xenophobic

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2023 2:09 PM

R5 Sorry I meant to include Canada too. Contrary to popular belief, Canadians have their own nativists, racists and fundamentalist Christian groups. They are just smaller but definitely exist

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2023 2:10 PM

The school in this article had 1/3 of its students absent on Rainbow Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2023 2:21 PM

I assume the Muslims in London, Ontario who kept their kids home are immigrants. There will be a change in attitude but it takes a generation or two.

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2023 2:30 PM

How many kids misses school in Nunavut?

by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2023 2:49 PM

All of them R11. They're too busy killing themselves and huffing gasoline.

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2023 3:24 PM

It’s just a sure fire way to make completely sure your kid doesn’t end up gay

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2023 3:45 PM

True, R10.

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2023 4:00 PM

I meant to write “missed” at R11.

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2023 10:21 PM

Instead of Pride lessons, give a surprise test in each subject on that day that's worth enough points to be the difference between passing or repeating the year for non-exemplary students. Let's see how many parents consider bigotry important enough to their religion to hold them back another year.

by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2023 11:18 PM

not good

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 10, 2024 7:20 PM

I'm about as religious as Christopher Hitchens but wtf is "Pride Day" and why are school kids subjected to it?

by Anonymousreply 18January 10, 2024 7:27 PM

R3 the fuck is a Christian flag?

by Anonymousreply 19January 10, 2024 7:29 PM

The Nunavut troll is getting annoying. Nunavut is basically deadbeat natives and 50% muslim non-Canadians. Hopefully it just blows up.

by Anonymousreply 20January 11, 2024 4:44 AM

“I mean at this point I’m afraid he could go either way”

by Anonymousreply 21January 11, 2024 11:17 AM

It is sort of weird that there's a pride day at school, though. It's hard for me to grasp, because I went to a (boring) STEM school, and it was very strictly academic.

by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2024 11:27 AM

If anyone is going to fucking molest my child, it's damn well is going to be me!

by Anonymousreply 23January 11, 2024 11:56 AM

[quote]R3 the fuck is a Christian flag?

The one with the Easter bunny on it, R19.

by Anonymousreply 24January 11, 2024 12:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!