Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tara Reid Says Not Having Kids Hurt Her Career: 'They Still Think You’re That Party Girl'

The American Pie actress, 47, spoke to her longtime friend Derek Warburton for the latest issue of Mr. Warburton Magazine where she noted that her career may have been "bigger" if she had kids.

“I’m not married, I don’t have kids," said Reid. "And I think, in Hollywood, if you don’t have kids or you’re not married, you’re judged. So they still think you’re that party girl from 40 years ago.”

She continued, “But all of a sudden, if you have a kid and you get married, ‘Oh she grew up, she’s great."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 6, 2023 11:50 AM

You mad?.

by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2023 3:50 AM

How’s Russia, Tara?

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2023 3:52 AM

She's been a party girl since she was 7? I've always kind of liked her. I like a good natured slut.

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2023 3:52 AM

Career?

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2023 3:53 AM

She had her short lived “acting” career post American Pie but no one was gonna take her seriously regardless. She wasn’t cast for being an actress. She was terrible. She was cast for her looks in slutty teen flicks and slashers. She also showed her Tits a lot in raunchy teen flicks which back then would make them take you even less serious.

She did a reality tv show on E! before it was normal for stars to do them and that nailed the head in the coffin. No one cast her after that.

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2023 3:58 AM

Everyone hates me cuz they're just jealous.

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2023 4:04 AM

I'm pulling for you, Tara. I'd have been off popping bottles too if I wasn't shooting. Probably many of us would if we could.

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2023 4:11 AM

[quote]r5 She also showed her tits a lot in raunchy teen flicks

And on the red carpet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2023 4:20 AM

She was one of the producers of the movie Kill the Irishman, Ray Stevenson starred as Danny Greene.

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2023 4:55 AM

In OP's pic, Tara looks llike someone who smells of vodka and baby powder

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2023 5:02 AM

At least you aren't Greek.

by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2023 5:24 AM

R8 That video is hard to watch. I feel so bad for her. That was a really bad break in terms of public relations. I don’t really know much about her but feel sorry for anyone in such an embarrassing and public situation like that. So unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2023 6:05 AM

Tara is a delusional alcoholic, and her lack of offspring obviously has nothing to do with her floundered career. She made other choices that tanked it pretty quickly. It's a shame because I always thought she had a fun and bubbly screen presence. She worked with a few major directors (Robert Altman, the Coen brothers) and her career at one time seemed promising. She was cute and naturally funny, and could've had a decent run if she hadn't opted to binge drink and shovel cocaine in her face for two decades.

I remember seeing a clip of her bawling in an interview once where she was talking about getting made fun of for her botched tummy tuck and plastic surgeries. She seemed legitimately hurt and I felt really bad for her. I believe she's a really sensitive person. I'd like to think she could get her act together, but in all of the recent footage I've seen of her, she seems barely coherent. Just depressing, really.

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2023 7:46 AM

She was fun in the big Lebowski and I think her 1998-2001 film career was for the most part pretty solid and it’s too bad she couldn’t have built on that. Not a leading lady but not bad in ensembles movies. I liked her in scrubs

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2023 8:38 AM

[quote]I’m not married, I don’t have kids," said Reid. "And I think, in Hollywood, if you don’t have kids or you’re not married, you’re judged. So they still think you’re that party girl from 40 years ago

as she cut up the powdery substance in lines on the mirror in front of her with a senior citizen discount card and took out a ten dollar bill (the biggest in her wallet) rolled it into a straw and stuck it up her nose and proceeded to snort the first line and quipped "oh God, I feel better already... What was I saying? Oh yes, I stopped partying years and years ago. Fuck yeah!"

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2023 8:49 AM

Better to be called a party girl than an alcoholic, I guess. She said later that one of the reasons the exposed boob thing happened was that her nipples were still numb from the surgery so she literally couldn’t feel that her breast was exposed.

I had no idea she was in The Big Lebrowski. I just remember her from that Pie movie where I thought she was pretty dull. I also remember a video clip where she had been turned away from a club. She’s standing outside as Paris and Kim stroll in laughing at her. It was really shitty.

by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2023 10:09 AM

Tara was promoting a project last year that apparently never took off; she has another B-movie coming out (this week, according to IMDb) called "Of Things Past" with Michael Moriarty. She seems to announce a lot of pending projects that never come to fruition, and I am assuming the main reason is her. Addicts are not reliable—the high comes before (and subsumes) everything. She seems cogent in this clip, but she looks frail and sounds like she has a shot of whisky and a pack of Marlboro Lights for breakfast every morning. I feel bad for her. She strikes me as the type of addict who mainly hurts themselves, which is the saddest kind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 3, 2023 10:26 AM

She is not saying that she had kids but she binge-ate them and then vomited them out.

by Anonymousreply 18June 3, 2023 10:26 AM

When she was dating Tom Brady, she would show up at Gillette Stadium drunk as a skunk as she attended the games.

by Anonymousreply 19June 3, 2023 10:32 AM

Isn’t there another thread here on DL about her defecating on Russia?

by Anonymousreply 20June 3, 2023 10:35 AM

That asshole ex playboy model lady whose name I have forgotten (she’s married to a Wahlberg and got famous on MTV?) was such a bitch to Tara when she was a guest on her podcast. Tara was promoting Snakes on a Plane iirc. She held her own, but it was cruel and a bit of an ambush.

by Anonymousreply 21June 3, 2023 10:38 AM

She was great as the ill-fated college sex radio host in Urban Legend. Her chase scene is one for the slasher history books.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 3, 2023 10:40 AM

She played a small guest spot on Ghosts this year. Tara is game. What a mess. But likable.

by Anonymousreply 23June 3, 2023 10:41 AM

R21, Jenny McCarthy, formerly of “The View”.

by Anonymousreply 24June 3, 2023 10:41 AM

If she stopped drinking, the hideous bloat in her face would disappear within months.

by Anonymousreply 25June 3, 2023 10:42 AM

posing beside a horse is very slimming...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 3, 2023 10:48 AM

R24 Jenny McCarthy is one of the dumbest cunts in entertainment history. Even Tara at her most boozed and benzoed out is a Rhodes scholar by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 27June 3, 2023 10:49 AM

The plastic surgery killed her career, but she's also only "90s" hot. Her look hasn't been in for 20 years. As far as kids, there's actresses without children that are working. Children are only an asset to famous people if it garners attention. It doesn't land them roles, it just makes them paparazzi material for a slightly longer shelf life, because people are curious.

by Anonymousreply 28June 3, 2023 10:52 AM

Baby Tara in "A Return to Salem's Lot"—it's a shit film, but it's atmospheric and features Michael Moriarty, Samuel Fuller, DL icon Ronee Blakley, and Evelyn Keyes in her final film role (quite a doozy of a swan song).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 3, 2023 10:59 AM

Tara getting her pussy eaten (by Thomas Ian Nicholas at his absolute cutest, no less) to "Celebrity Skin" is an iconic '90s film moment. Being cast by filmmakers like Robert Altman and Joel & Ethan Coen is also a badge of honor. If she dies tomorrow, at least she has that to her name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 3, 2023 11:11 AM

I can understand her probably not wanting to ruin her body giving birth to kids. She should have gone to the African village Madonna went to and purchased a few loved ones.

by Anonymousreply 31June 3, 2023 11:13 AM

Ruin her body? Oh hun, she ruined that 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 32June 3, 2023 12:43 PM

"She's been a party girl since she was 7?"

Gadzooks. A real life Kelly Bundy.

by Anonymousreply 33June 3, 2023 12:45 PM

At some point, Tara went from party girl to last-call girl

by Anonymousreply 34June 3, 2023 1:05 PM

Tara's history in People magazine headlines is pretty impressive!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 3, 2023 1:31 PM

no your coke habit makes them think you are a party girl.

by Anonymousreply 36June 3, 2023 2:20 PM

My favorite headline - Carson Daly Says He Supports Tara Reid

by Anonymousreply 37June 3, 2023 2:23 PM

[quote]r12 That video is hard to watch.

The hooting and CACKLING by the press when she walks away! Obviously they don’t like her.

by Anonymousreply 38June 3, 2023 6:14 PM

Oh she's so right.

Says Greta Garbo, Katharine Hepburn, Ginger Rogers, Ava Gardner, Marilyn Monroe, Helen Mirren, Dolly Parton, Oprah, Sarah Bernardt, Lillian Gish, Mae West, Carole Lombard...

Not a success in show business among them, and we all know why - no babies!

by Anonymousreply 39June 3, 2023 6:22 PM

Getting some attention by making the dubious claim that not having kids hurt her career instead of actually having kids to promote her career is a point in her favor.

by Anonymousreply 40June 3, 2023 6:27 PM

[quote]r21 That asshole ex playboy model lady was such a bitch to Tara when she was a guest on her podcast… it was cruel and a bit of an ambush.

[quote]r24 Jenny McCarthy, formerly of “The View”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 3, 2023 6:28 PM

She's hardly the first starlet who ruined her own career through booze and pills, and she'll hardly be the last.

by Anonymousreply 42June 3, 2023 6:39 PM

She really is a dumb bitch. Not having kids always helps your career.

by Anonymousreply 43June 3, 2023 6:43 PM

She needs to let go of that black eyeliner

by Anonymousreply 44June 3, 2023 6:48 PM

[quote]Tara was promoting Snakes on a Plane iirc.

Worse—it was Sharknado.

by Anonymousreply 45June 3, 2023 7:01 PM

"Good luck with Sharknado 18."

by Anonymousreply 46June 3, 2023 7:02 PM

adopt

by Anonymousreply 47June 3, 2023 7:38 PM

R41. Jenny McCarthy pronounces Reid's name as "Taarah."

by Anonymousreply 48June 3, 2023 7:39 PM

^^ Taarah has a smoker's voice. She sounds like an old waitress at a diner at 3 o'clock in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 49June 3, 2023 7:41 PM

Woah, that interview went off the rails in a nasty in an Alexis/Krystal kind of way.

First of all, it's an interview. As bitchy as Jenny McCarthy can be, there are only so many questions she could ask Reid about 'Sharknado.' It's a dumb movie and only takes two minutes to explain. So McCarthy asked her about plastic surgery. BFD. Answer the question and move on. Reid isn't a big movie star who can command the field of questioning. And McCarthy was not rude when she asked Reid about plastic surgery. McCarthy was not expecting such an abrupt, bitchy response.

by Anonymousreply 50June 3, 2023 7:54 PM

There are a couple of blinds from the piece of shit Entertainment Liar:

[quote] This flash in the pan A list actress is on yet another leg of her woe is me tour because she said Hollywood is out to get her. No, what they didn't want was someone who was a pain to work with and wanted a fee comparable to an A+ lister when she was living off the fame of one role and was offered pay accordingly.

[quote] This former A- list actress all of you know is sleeping with men for street hooker prices. Tara Reid (Tara Reid: ‘Powerful’ Jennifer Coolidge should push for ‘American Pie’ sequel)

by Anonymousreply 51June 3, 2023 8:08 PM

[quote] I can understand her probably not wanting to ruin her body giving birth to kids.

She ruined her body with liposuction, instead.

The red carpet incident, where her breast & nipple were exposed ... She had some kind of botched boob job as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 3, 2023 8:19 PM

R44 right, like Britney. Stuck in the past. That's what I meant in another comment about her being 90s hot -- the stick thin brows, make up, bleached hair, etc. It doesn't work. I've seen men and women fall in the same trap, where they keep trying to stick with a style from their teens/20s instead of evolving.

R52 I can't remember if she sued them or not but holy crap, it's always shocking to see what they did to her. It's rare to see someone have it botched all over. Looks like elephant skin and she wasn't even fat!

by Anonymousreply 53June 3, 2023 8:28 PM

Tara, you were in a movie called 'Sharknado.' Get off your high horse.

by Anonymousreply 54June 3, 2023 9:32 PM

Supposedly Jenny had some beef with Tara over a guy or a role back when they were competing for roles in their 20’s. I don’t remember the details because well, I guess I don’t really care.

by Anonymousreply 55June 3, 2023 9:41 PM

It's not the kid thing, Tara darlin'. It's the skank thing. Try looking open something other than ridden hard and put away wet.

by Anonymousreply 56June 3, 2023 9:44 PM

Yeah, her styling reads: skank. Bleached blonde (stringy) hair, raccoon eyeliner, overly-tanned, leathery-looking skin (on a relatively young woman). She's never in a nice outfit. It's always a club or beach type of outfit, it seems. She looks like a character from King of the Hill.

Personality-wise, she seems OK. She doesn't seem bitchy like Lindsay Lohan or Britney Spears.

Jennifer Anniston also never had kids.

by Anonymousreply 57June 3, 2023 9:51 PM

At least Tara can console herself that she's only killed her own career, not hundreds of children via easily preventable diseases.

by Anonymousreply 58June 4, 2023 12:30 AM

I think it’s more likely the untreated anorexia and alcoholism.

by Anonymousreply 59June 4, 2023 12:37 AM

Possibly anorexia. She got liposuction and she wasn't even fat.

by Anonymousreply 60June 4, 2023 12:39 AM

I can remember reading somewhere at the time that when she was doing PR for American Pie, she was considered the difficult one who journalists and people behind the scenes thought would never make it really big. She must have behaved like a real piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 61June 4, 2023 10:59 AM

Getting off drugs and having a makeover would help her more than this bitching about not having kids.

That lipstick at the OP is 80s and the raccoon liner was *never* in fashion.

by Anonymousreply 62June 4, 2023 11:01 AM

Not having kids didn’t seem to hamper the careers of Jennifer Aniston, Winona Ryder, Marisa Tomei, and especially Helen Mirren—who is still a high profile working actress in her 70’s and has had the best career of these ladies listed. So Tara, it’s not that you’re not a mom…

by Anonymousreply 63June 4, 2023 1:20 PM

Tara, don't the abortions count? You've had more children pulled out of you than a burning orphanage.

by Anonymousreply 64June 4, 2023 2:07 PM

The deep cut of having Tara Reid come to Trevor's funeral on Ghosts was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 65June 4, 2023 2:19 PM

I read a piece about her five to maybe seven years ago, where it was reported that she was actually living in an apartment with two guys, two roommates and both of them were gay. I wish I could find that piece again...

by Anonymousreply 66June 4, 2023 7:44 PM

She needs someone like the queen at 0.18 to rip into her about her clothes and make-up. Foundation and powder situation: pretty bad too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 4, 2023 10:57 PM

Maybe she wants to get on a Real Housewives show but her lifestyle wouldn't provide the required material.

She'd need to find a group of kindred spirits and form a new franchise: strung-out ho-bags who can't afford glam teams.

by Anonymousreply 68June 4, 2023 11:01 PM

Oh please. Lots of A list stars don’t have kids. She was a fucking party animal.

by Anonymousreply 69June 4, 2023 11:03 PM

[quote]She'd need to find a group of kindred spirits and form a new franchise: strung-out ho-bags who can't afford glam teams.

Aren't there dozens of has-been former starlets about her age that would make for a decent reality franchise - men and women desperate for attention and cash. Most of the former Baywatch babes, for example, except for Momoa would qualify.

by Anonymousreply 70June 4, 2023 11:04 PM

Heather Graham never got married or had kids. And she still works, and still looks amazing.

by Anonymousreply 71June 4, 2023 11:18 PM

I can't believe she's made it to 47. I figured she would dead from an OD by age 35.

by Anonymousreply 72June 4, 2023 11:42 PM

Agreed on Tara's style being very dated and cheap-looking. The '90s Miami vacation look isn't flattering, especially when you've been rode hard and put away wet like she has. Even with all that sun damage and the gaunt frame, she would look exponentially better if she updated her wardrobe and classed it up a little, but she doesn't seem to have the wherewithal to do so.

The fact that she is genuinely sweet in interviews makes her situation especially sad. Some of these types of celebrities make it near-impossible to feel sorry for them with their cuntish behavior, but I don't get that impression from her at all. She seems like a nice person who simply has no handle on her substance abuse/addiction issues. If she manages to make it another 10-15 years, she'd fit in nicely in a Lake Havasu trailer park where she can chug Coronas, chain-smoke, and sunbathe all day while flirting with her younger rough-trade male neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 73June 5, 2023 1:32 AM

And the bitch is ungrateful. She got to star in 6 Sharknados. Some actors could only pray.

by Anonymousreply 74June 5, 2023 1:34 AM

If Lohan is making a comeback there may be hope for Tara

by Anonymousreply 75June 5, 2023 2:04 AM

R75 maybe, but it'd be a big stretch. Lohan is 11 years younger than Tara, and she had a way bigger career, so the odds were better. Tara is almost 50.

by Anonymousreply 76June 5, 2023 2:07 AM

[quote]r75 If Lohan is making a comeback there may be hope for Tara

She doesn’t seem like an actress. More like a drunk divorcee neighbor.

Unless she plays a former stripper in trouble with a cartel, I don’t know what she’d be believable as.

by Anonymousreply 77June 5, 2023 2:13 AM

She was clearly high as a kite in the mutilated tittle incident. The busted boob didn't just pop out from a wardrobe malfunction.

by Anonymousreply 78June 5, 2023 2:20 AM

Thomas Ian Nicholas isn’t aging that well either. Nearly 25 years after its release the 3 most talented Natasha Lyonne, Eugene Levy and Jennifer Coolidge have the best careers.

by Anonymousreply 79June 5, 2023 2:37 AM

R79 Thomas doesn't look that bad to me, he just needs to cut his hair. In all the recent photos I've seen of him, it's way too long and unkempt. It's not a good look on him. He was one of my first celebrity crushes when I was a young gay adolescent. He was fucking gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80June 5, 2023 2:41 AM

R56 - I think you're confusing that with a popular TV show...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 5, 2023 11:59 AM

I agree she does seem genuinely nice and not a mean girl faking to be nice like Paris, Lindsay and Britney were.

by Anonymousreply 82June 5, 2023 1:23 PM

Imagine what her stomach would look like now if she *had* had kids? It's bad enough as it is...

by Anonymousreply 83June 6, 2023 11:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!