Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Target’s stock loses $13.8B, sinks to lowest level since 2020 over boycotts

Are you still shopping there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 4, 2023 2:30 AM

Why exactly wouldn't we be shopping there OP? Are you saying LGBT people should all be boycotting Target?

This is about all of us LGBT people. Not just the trans - as much as you anti-trans trolls try to make it just about trans people. This is about lesbians and gays just as much. More. We're the larger group and the christans and other gay hate groups have found a way in to get at us under the cover of the trojan horse of trans people hysteria. Just like the recent law changes in Florida affect ALL of us under the LGBT banner - all gays and lesbians included.

And you either [bold]ARE[/bold] the christians/gay hate groups or you're [bold]HELPING[/bold] them OP.

by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2023 3:12 AM

I'm not sure all their losses are due to their Pride merchandise-- CNBC was saying the other day that Target was warning shareholders that they had lost a ton of revenue to theft. Theft was way up after the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2023 3:16 AM

Ok, never mind.

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2023 3:18 AM

[quote] And you either ARE the christians/gay hate groups or you're HELPING them OP.

Nope. It’s this “everything under the sun” approach—the idea that we will only win if we adopt every extreme tactic under the sun, no matter how offensive—that is hurting us the most.

I don’t support transitioning children, and I don’t support biological males competing against women in sports. And saying so doesn’t make me a Nazi. Plenty of decent people oppose those things without being a transphobe. It’s just that the radical extremists have co-opted our advocacy organizations and are now trying to speak for all of us. And frankly, they’re trying to take us all down with them.

If I have to choose, I choose gay people. Drop the T.

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2023 3:21 AM

Go woke, go broke! That’ll show em. Next up, get rid of all the pants in the women’s section.

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2023 3:29 AM

R5 GOD will some of you right winger cancel Karens stfu about Trans people already, they've been around for a while now, the only thing new is the massive right wing propaganda hate machines.

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2023 3:50 AM

Walmart says they aren't pulling their pride stuff and also says they haven't had any issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2023 3:54 AM

R6, you're a fucking idiot and you do not belong here. That was a fucking joke, dumbass.

Go away.

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2023 3:55 AM

Can't wait till next year's campaign where they beat children loitering in the men's underwear section.

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2023 3:57 AM

R8 It’s his first day at the troll farm.

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2023 4:48 AM

Target's cock and balls-hiding bikini for men was a bridge too far for the general public.

Walmart's pride stuff is still in-store, and their demographic skews more conservative than Target.

by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2023 11:57 PM

Yes. It's 2023, I'm over the performative boycotts/support/etc. It's a corporation, they function for profit. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2023 12:10 AM

No one will stop shopping at Target.

by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2023 12:14 AM

Well now is the time to buy the stock, well maybe later next week

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2023 12:16 AM

Trollin' trollin' trollin'

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2023 12:17 AM

Go away, Republicans

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2023 12:18 AM

[quote] If I have to choose, I choose gay people. Drop the T.

I know you're a troll, but just know that we know that your kind doesn't give a shit about consonants. If we are not cisgender heterosexuals, you regard us as "groomers."

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2023 12:21 AM

I agree with R11, it was the tuck a way swinsuit for children that caused the uproar. If course a few jerks are making a fuss about Petsmart Pride clothes for pets, but that seems to have died down. It's a few selfish males who inssit on competing with girls and women in sports and using their locker rooms/bathrooms that have setg parents off. Up until them trans didn't seem to bother people since we have RuPaul and Billy Porter on TV and movies. Dylan Mulvaney seems obnoxious. It's a shame this is happening and may hurt gay people too.

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2023 12:50 AM

[quote]I agree with [R11], it was the tuck a way swinsuit for children that caused the uproar.

What do you get by lying and spreading disinformation, r18? Seriously, why do yo do it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 4, 2023 1:04 AM

[quote] If we are not cisgender

Please stop using that word.

by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2023 1:46 AM

If course I still shop there, dumbass. And, frankly, I am loving seeing and smelling less MAGAts in my Target store since they are pouting and tantruming right now. I hope it fuckin lasts until it cools down since most of them are rude, morbidly obese, and smelly.

by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2023 1:52 AM

If I have to choose, I choose Gay people. Drop the TERFs!

FIFY.

by Anonymousreply 22June 4, 2023 2:06 AM

[bold]DROP THE TERFS![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 23June 4, 2023 2:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!