Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elliot Page Reveals a Famous Actor Threatened: ‘I’m Going to F— You to Make You Realize You Aren’t Gay’

In his upcoming memoir “Pageboy,” Oscar-nominated actor Elliot Page reveals he was once confronted by a homophobic actor at a birthday party in Los Angeles (via People magazine). The year was 2014, shortly after Page publicly came out as gay during a speech made at a Human Rights Campaign conference (“I’m here today because I am gay,” Page told the crowd). Page later came out as transgender in December 2020.

As Page writes in a chapter aptly titled “Famous A–hole at Party,” an actor that he considered an “acquaintance” approached him at the party and said, “You aren’t gay. That doesn’t exist. You are just afraid of men.” Page writes the actor also threatened him by saying: “I’m going to fuck you to make you realize you aren’t gay.”

When Page saw him at the gym a few days later, the actor tried to walk back on his comments by saying, “I don’t have a problem with gay people, I swear.”

“I think you might,” Page told him.

“I’ve had some version of that happen many times throughout my life,” Page told People about including the story in his book. “A lot of queer and trans people deal with it incessantly. These moments that we often, like, don’t talk about or we’re supposed to just brush off, when actually it’s very awful. I put that story in the book because it’s about highlighting the reality, the shit we deal with and what gets sent to us constantly, particularly in environments that are predominantly cis and heterosexual.”

Page added, “I’m purposely not sharing his name. But he will hear about this and know it’s him.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 11, 2023 10:21 AM

Holy crap.

Does this kind of shit really happen to people?

I must live a very sheltered life.

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2023 7:42 PM

Women are treated so horribly, that they end up becoming men to get away from it.

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2023 7:45 PM

[quote]"...the shit we deal with and what gets sent to us constantly, particularly in environments that are predominantly cis and heterosexual.”

The bizarre thing is that in her dysphoric mind the two things Ellen is trying hardest to be are "cis" and hetrosexual!

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2023 8:04 PM

A life of trauma and grievance, such a fine role model.

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2023 8:07 PM

Matt Damon

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2023 8:07 PM

Every time I see her picture now I think of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2023 8:09 PM

Oh dear, what was he going to do to her?

by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2023 8:10 PM

Neil Patrick Harris is the actor !

by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2023 8:14 PM

Pretty sure she's stretching the definition of famous and it was some Z-lister. Celebs are clueless like that.

by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2023 8:17 PM

Does she have a penis, that doesn't work or is it her original clam?

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2023 8:17 PM

Rapist Danny Masterson of course. As a Scientologist they don't believe in lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2023 8:21 PM

Elliot Page Reveals a Famous Actor Threatened: ‘I’m Going to F— You to Make You Realize You Aren’t Ga [quote]"...the shit we deal with and what gets sent to us constantly, particularly in environments that are predominantly cis and heterosexual.”

The bizarre thing is that in her dysphoric mind the two things Ellen is trying hardest to be are "cis" and hetrosexual!

Elliot Page Reveals a Famous Actor Threatened: ‘I’m Going to F— You to Make You Realize You Aren’t Ga A life of trauma and grievance, such a fine role model.

======

by Anonymousreply 12June 2, 2023 8:38 PM

I don't believe her.

Reminds me of when she said a few years ago after coming out as trans that someone threatened to "gay bash" her. She said he told her, "I'm going to gay bash you." Who says that?

by Anonymousreply 13June 2, 2023 8:42 PM

He said "You aren't gay. That doesn't exist."

Sure. That sounds like something that definitely happened.

by Anonymousreply 14June 2, 2023 9:24 PM

How does a female (at the time) not report this to someone?

Cops? Directors? Producers? Friends?

I mean, that's a serious fucking threat of rape.

by Anonymousreply 15June 2, 2023 9:27 PM

I'm thinking this happened to a more attractive lesbian and that she either overheard the incident or was told about it from the actual victim. Ellen was never attractive enough for a straight man to waste his time threatening her or otherwise. Don't buy this at all. Sorry El.

by Anonymousreply 16June 2, 2023 9:31 PM

bitch please, unless you're going to name names, keep this bullshit to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 17June 2, 2023 9:32 PM

Channing Tatum?

by Anonymousreply 18June 2, 2023 9:35 PM

What a fool. I would use it to get hot cock ("Would you like to cure me?").

by Anonymousreply 19June 2, 2023 9:38 PM

Ellen has an issue with gay people too.

by Anonymousreply 20June 2, 2023 9:41 PM

She’s borderline. Question everything this freak says.

by Anonymousreply 21June 2, 2023 9:41 PM

Michael Fassbender. He allegedly physically abused an ex-girlfriend multiple times and co-starred with Mr. Page in several X-Men films.

by Anonymousreply 22June 2, 2023 9:44 PM

First and last visit to this hateful, stupid, useless thread.

by Anonymousreply 23June 2, 2023 9:45 PM

Jason Bateman

by Anonymousreply 24June 2, 2023 9:48 PM

See ya wouldn't wanna be ya, R23

by Anonymousreply 25June 2, 2023 9:54 PM

Well, wasn’t that totally not fake guy absolutely right? She’s not gay. Isn’t she now claiming she’s a straight man??

by Anonymousreply 26June 2, 2023 9:58 PM

R23 - Ellen Page

by Anonymousreply 27June 2, 2023 10:00 PM

George Santos.

by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2023 10:10 PM

It was mason reese he wanted to sodomize her and use underwood deviled ham as lube!

by Anonymousreply 29June 2, 2023 10:18 PM

Oh please. Hasn’t this happened to all of us at least once? Well, except for r1.

by Anonymousreply 30June 2, 2023 10:31 PM

Lol, R29.

by Anonymousreply 31June 2, 2023 10:33 PM

She’s already talking about hanging out at gay bars. She’ll be fucking guys like so many other MTF do soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 32June 2, 2023 10:34 PM

James Franco?

Armie Hammer?

by Anonymousreply 33June 2, 2023 10:48 PM

Ezra Miller

by Anonymousreply 34June 2, 2023 10:53 PM

Sure, Jan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 2, 2023 10:55 PM

I wouldn’t mind if Michael Fassbender tried to show me I’m not gay.

by Anonymousreply 36June 2, 2023 10:57 PM

No one would ever say that to her now. She looks like a 7 year old midget.

by Anonymousreply 37June 2, 2023 10:58 PM

[quote] I wouldn’t mind if Michael Fassbender tried to show me I’m not gay.

Me too. Especially with that FassenDONG!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 2, 2023 11:04 PM

R23 What a profound statement - glad you bumped the thread

by Anonymousreply 39June 2, 2023 11:05 PM

R30 Considering that R1 is OP, you're likely correct.

by Anonymousreply 40June 2, 2023 11:07 PM

R22, yeah, I can see him doing this esp when he's drunk. I would like him to "un-gay" me if I were her. But he drinks so much, no way his huge cock stays hard, even if he takes dick pills, I doubt his dick would work. I mean, would his cock work after 12 drinks on dick pills? He's irish, they drink A LOT

by Anonymousreply 41June 2, 2023 11:12 PM

Not credible

by Anonymousreply 42June 2, 2023 11:18 PM

Apparently, Elliott is claiming that he slept with Kate Mara when he was still a female!

In an excerpt shared with People, Elliot wrote, "The first person I fell for after my heart was broken was Kate Mara. She had a boyfriend at the time, the lovely and talented Max Minghella." Kate Mara poses for a photo at a red carpet event while wearing a knee-length sequined dress that is sleeveless

The relationship happened while Elliot was filming the 2014 movie X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Kate is currently married to her Fantastic Four costar Jamie Bell, with whom she shares two children.

According to the book, Max was supportive of Mara's relationship with Elliot. According to Elliot, Mara told him, "I never thought I could be in love with two people and now I know I can." Max and Kate holding hands as they walk the red carpet of an event

“[The relationship] was right after I’d come out as gay and it was a time of exploration and also heartbreak,” he continued. “I think my relationship, or whatever you want to call it with Kate, very much encapsulates a certain dynamic that I consistently found myself in, which was falling for people that — I think a lot of us do this — who aren't fully available."

Kate and Elliot are still close, as he explained, “I think the love and care that we have for each other is it's very own special thing. Separate from the intimacy that I write about.”

After Elliot came out as trans in 2020, Kate wrote on her Instagram, "Love you @elliotpage ❤️ You continue to inspire and amaze me with your endless strength and honesty. Lucky to have you as a friend."

Kate isn't the only Hollywood relationship mentioned in the book. Elliot writes that he was in a relationship with an unnamed closeted female costar for two years and that they would have to pretend to be friends in public — even going as far as not looking at one another. When asked if such a thing still goes on today, Elliot added, “Hell yeah, it does."

“Some of my closest friends didn't even know I was in a relationship. And I was in a relationship where we were in a relationship for a decent amount of time. I mean, that is next level," he said.

“Ultimately, I do think she loved me. We loved each other and that was very real in our bubble. It was fantastic. You know, it was really beautiful. I admired about her and how she inspired me in many ways. But feeling hidden was far too painful. That was impossible and not a sustainable relationship at all. And it taught me that I was not gonna do that again.”

Pageboy will be released on June 6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 2, 2023 11:20 PM

[quote]Michael Fassbender.

NO.

Anyone with half a dick knows a dick can attract men.

This will be someone hung like a mouse because that would mean they don't "get" why dick would be attractive.

by Anonymousreply 44June 2, 2023 11:24 PM

fassy is totally possible. they can be nasty and turn into assholes when drunk, I know many, many drunks.

Who is the friend she was in a relationship with for 2 years?

by Anonymousreply 45June 2, 2023 11:25 PM

I guess Kate had heterosexual sex with Elliot. Someone should tell her.

by Anonymousreply 46June 2, 2023 11:33 PM

What a girl.

by Anonymousreply 47June 2, 2023 11:33 PM

what is her problem? why does she go for people "unavailable"? Diagnose her DL!

by Anonymousreply 48June 2, 2023 11:41 PM

I didn't realize that Fassbender had such a nice cock!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 2, 2023 11:43 PM

R43 Is outing a colleague totally okay now? Isn't that literally violence?

by Anonymousreply 50June 2, 2023 11:49 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that article, R50.

It's so not cool to do that.

by Anonymousreply 51June 2, 2023 11:50 PM

I’m a lesbian. This is total bullshit. No one ever said this to her/him. Certainly not many times as she/ he claims. I’m fem, dated plenty of guys back in the day and have plenty of straight guy friends. No guy ever has suggested they need to convert me. Not even as a joke. Not even when drunk. She/he is ridiculous.

And yeah, R50 outing a colleague just shows how desperate she/he is to turn a buck.

Didn’t have strong feelings about Page until I read this. Now…what an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 52June 3, 2023 12:04 AM

I don’t know what’s going on in Ellen’s head, but she is clearly mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 53June 3, 2023 12:07 AM

I second r53. This will end in tears (for Page). If not this incident, then the next time s/he lies for attention. And s/he will.

by Anonymousreply 54June 3, 2023 12:28 AM

Oscar nominated actor = Marky Mark or Johnny Depp.

by Anonymousreply 55June 3, 2023 12:31 AM

[QUOTE]I’m fem, dated plenty of guys back in the day and have plenty of straight guy friends. No guy ever has suggested they need to convert me

Were any of them narcissistic actors possibly under the influence?

Yes, Page is is an attention seeker and she probably embellishes, but why is it hard to believe some egomaniac actor did this? They're a dime a dozen.

by Anonymousreply 56June 3, 2023 12:32 AM

[quote] I didn't realize that Fassbender had such a nice cock!

Really? They even made fun of it at the Oscars years ago.

by Anonymousreply 57June 3, 2023 12:36 AM

R56, Ellen has already said ridiculous shit in the past.

by Anonymousreply 58June 3, 2023 12:37 AM

This memoir seems tedious.

by Anonymousreply 59June 3, 2023 1:11 AM

Fag... and I'm the fella ta show him.

by Anonymousreply 60June 3, 2023 1:43 AM

I think she's confusing some ridiculous law and order sexy times episode that she saw with events that happened in her life.

by Anonymousreply 61June 3, 2023 2:10 AM

If only Elliot could go on Ellen to promote this blockbuster memoir.

by Anonymousreply 62June 3, 2023 2:17 AM

Does Jamie Bell know his wife, Kate Mara, had lesbian sex with Ellen Page?

by Anonymousreply 63June 3, 2023 2:28 AM

I agree, R56, it’s not unbelievable that someone with an extremely high opinion of himself might make such a remark, thinking that (a) Page was simply a young actress going through a lesbian phase, but DTF a desirable man like himself, and/or (b) the remark would be taken as charming or funny. Page is an extremely tiny person (Jennifer Garner and JT Simmons look like towering giants in the clip upthread), and might have felt easily threatened. It’s still not an appropriate comment to make to a coworker. Plus, Page was extremely childlike for a long time. That probably attracted particularly creepy pedophile types.

I doubt Page is outing Kate Mara, because every piece of information released in or in connection with a memoir like this one is vetted to avoid lawsuits, Mara and Page are friends, and Kate Mara being bisexual surprises absolutely no one. (I thought she was already out.) That said, the book sounds like it’s full of stories involving people who can’t be named, and Page is not long into transition. How much perspective can you have only a year or two in? A memoir seems premature.

by Anonymousreply 64June 3, 2023 2:29 AM

[quote]I'm a lesbian. This is total bullshit. No one ever said this to her/him. Certainly not many times as she/ he claims. I’m fem, dated plenty of guys back in the day and have plenty of straight guy friends. No guy ever has suggested they need to convert me. Not even as a joke. Not even when drunk. She/he is ridiculous.

Was the 'Famous A-hole at Party' who allegedly made this remark a contemporary of hers or someone much older? I can almost believe that an older guy might say this as it sounds like something some drunk asshole would say 30 or 40 years ago. If he is Page's contemporary than my guess is it didn't happen. Seems suspect, certainly in show bidness circles.

by Anonymousreply 65June 3, 2023 2:57 AM

Ellen was hardly sexy. Why would a man find that fuckable?

by Anonymousreply 66June 3, 2023 3:03 AM

Shit happens. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 67June 3, 2023 3:07 AM

Ratner outed her on the set of an X-Men movie when she was 18. Having been pointed out by Ratner, her sexuality became a "thing" on set so it wouldn't surprise me if it was an actor from the franchise. Ratner pretty much set the stage for some kind of harassment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 3, 2023 3:37 AM

She needs to stop lying about harassment just for sympathy and attention. This reminds we of her equally preposterous “big dude gaybashing” story. Just shut up, Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 69June 3, 2023 3:43 AM

Reminds ME

by Anonymousreply 70June 3, 2023 3:44 AM

R68 Outed as what? A tiresome cunt?

by Anonymousreply 71June 3, 2023 3:45 AM

A Lebanese, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 72June 3, 2023 3:59 AM

So who is the guy hung like a gerbil that would do this?

by Anonymousreply 73June 3, 2023 4:16 AM

The fake painted on abs, the homophobic man who said on a busy street in public “I’m going to gay bash you!” and the “I had a panic attack because I had to wear a dress” story that she told about 2 different movie premieres. She’s full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 74June 3, 2023 4:25 AM

This never happened.

by Anonymousreply 75June 3, 2023 4:54 AM

He probably said it as a joke. Sounds like she was pals woth this famous actor. J don't see a random famous actor like Bradd Pitt walking up to Ellen lPage on the streey and telling her they will fuck the gay out of her

by Anonymousreply 76June 3, 2023 5:00 AM

There is a long-standing rumor that Florence Henderson uttered those very words to Robert Reed on their first day on The Brady Bunch set.

by Anonymousreply 77June 3, 2023 5:04 AM

"Ellen was hardly sexy. Why would a man find that fuckable? "

Honey, don't you have any straight male friends? They would fuck anything with a pulse. My neighbor downstairs is prime example. He is in his 50s, brings home different whores every week. 2 weeks ago, he brought home a white granny in her 70s and the following day a black chick in her 20s.

by Anonymousreply 78June 3, 2023 5:23 AM

She suffers almost as much as Viola.

by Anonymousreply 79June 3, 2023 5:42 AM

[quote]Ellen was hardly sexy. Why would a man find that fuckable?

Page is very small, slightly built, and in her pre-Elliot days had a childlike quality. There are plenty of straight guys who fetishize extremely petite women, especially ones who present as younger than their chronological age.

by Anonymousreply 80June 3, 2023 6:25 AM

[quote] Apparently, Elliott is claiming that he slept with Kate Mara when he was still a female!

That seemed obvious back in the lesbian themed movie they made together. If you look at Kate's left hand finger action at the edge of the screen I don't think that's acting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 3, 2023 8:44 AM

Why does she look like those panties smell like gefilte fish?

by Anonymousreply 82June 3, 2023 9:29 AM

Wasn't. Me.

Swearsies.

I'm American's Boyish Sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 83June 3, 2023 10:09 AM

R30 A straight guy said he wanted to fuck you to prove to you that you are not gay? And this also happened to all the gay people you know?

by Anonymousreply 84June 3, 2023 10:52 AM

R52 A lesbian that dated plenty of guys?

by Anonymousreply 85June 3, 2023 10:52 AM

james woods

by Anonymousreply 86June 3, 2023 11:06 AM

R6 wins my heart. I think Elliott should be formally christened by DL as Slappy from here on out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 3, 2023 11:22 AM

Agree r65. This sounds like something an old asshole type actor would say.

by Anonymousreply 88June 3, 2023 6:22 PM

since they were always a boy or at least that's how I'm told it works it told that's how it works then at no point in their life could they ever have had lesbian sex.

by Anonymousreply 89June 3, 2023 7:40 PM

Is she an ‘ex-gay’ now? Does she identify as such?

If not, why not?

by Anonymousreply 90June 3, 2023 7:49 PM

Mr/Ms Page is exhausting

by Anonymousreply 91June 3, 2023 9:18 PM

If the desired effect is to make me think, "Wow, I really want to read Elliot's book!" Page is sadly mistaken... Click bait attention-mongering.

by Anonymousreply 92June 4, 2023 12:01 AM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 93June 4, 2023 2:39 AM

Is she getting work?

I hope she saved and invested wisely.

by Anonymousreply 94June 4, 2023 4:56 AM

[quote]Is she getting work?

Page looks like a preteen boy but is too old to play one. She would be absurd as a heroic or romantic lead. That leaves villains and otherworldly/creepy characters. In Bergman's Fanny and Alexander a woman played the part of a creepy androgynous figure kept in a cage. That sort of thing would suit her; otherwise I'm stumped.

by Anonymousreply 95June 4, 2023 5:04 AM

she could do voice work in animation.

by Anonymousreply 96June 4, 2023 5:08 AM

It was Emmy Award winning actor, Fyvush Finkel.

by Anonymousreply 97June 4, 2023 9:51 AM

R16 An entire page of Ellen Page looking hot enough for a straight man to waste his time threatening her or otherwise, you ninny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 4, 2023 10:11 AM

She's very cute there, R98. It really reveals how tiny Page is because Drew Barrymore is not tall.

by Anonymousreply 99June 4, 2023 11:08 AM

Were Ellen Page and Drew fucking?

Were they an item?

by Anonymousreply 100June 4, 2023 11:35 AM

Did Ellen say in her book whonthe actress was who broke her heart? In the past she has mentioned of a woman she was in love with who refused to make the relationship public and kept them both in the closet, to the detriment of Ellens's mental health?

Was it Kate, Drew, that chick from Girl Interrupted?

by Anonymousreply 101June 4, 2023 12:07 PM

I honestly had no idea she was so pretty R98. That's quite surprising.

by Anonymousreply 102June 4, 2023 12:25 PM

This is evidence of their craziness.

And she really ruined Chris Pratt’s career that night and has never answered for it. And never answered for defending Jussie.

So Elliott can say anything they want and not be questioned or face consequences for exaggerating or lying.

So I don’t take what they say seriously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 4, 2023 12:45 PM

It happened to me once. Out in the street at night, while walking alongside my then girlfriend (not holding hands, but 'holding arms'), a guy said to us "You're short of a dick in that relationship, to show you what's what", implying that he'd be the one to do it. We just kept on walking and never looked back.

I'm glad it's never happened to R52, but that doesn't mean a fucking thing.

by Anonymousreply 104June 4, 2023 1:17 PM

Clark Gable?

by Anonymousreply 105June 4, 2023 1:50 PM

She is a beautiful “man”.

by Anonymousreply 106June 4, 2023 1:51 PM

What was the deal with the Skaarsgard dude?

by Anonymousreply 107June 4, 2023 2:24 PM

[quote] she really ruined Chris Pratt’s career that night and has never answered for it

Fuck Chris Pratt.

He doesn't deserve a career.

Right-wing MAGAT fucktard.

by Anonymousreply 108June 4, 2023 4:27 PM

R108 That was started by Elliot Page.

by Anonymousreply 109June 5, 2023 12:15 PM

This one seems more believable than her embarrassingly transparent "I'M GONNA GAY-BASH YOU!" story but she's now the girl who cried wolf and that leads me to believe that this is more fabrication.

by Anonymousreply 110June 5, 2023 12:24 PM

How low down was the camera?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 5, 2023 12:27 PM

[quote]Does Jamie Bell know his wife, Kate Mara, had lesbian sex with Ellen Page?

Well, his last partner was Evan Rachel Wood & was a quasi-lesbian too, so maybe that's his thing

Whatever the case, while no doubt trans are subject to harassment & discrimination, his stories just don't ring true.

by Anonymousreply 112June 5, 2023 12:45 PM

[quote]He said "You aren't gay. That doesn't exist."

Um, Hugh Jackman? Tom Cruise? George Clooney?

by Anonymousreply 113June 5, 2023 2:28 PM

Why would anyone read Ellen's book? I'd rather read Harry's, and that's saying something. If anyone said anything to this hack, it was Jason Bateman making a drunken joke, and Ellen taking it way too seriously, or just not getting it. I'm still of the belief that the entire scenario is bullshit. Until we hear a name, which we never will, she is to be ignored. Her life is not interesting enough to read about. We've watched it all play out in real time. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 114June 5, 2023 9:52 PM

STOP SAYING "ELLEN"!! Deadnaming is ACTUAL GENOCIDE!!

by Anonymousreply 115June 5, 2023 10:49 PM

She could play a small Asian man, like Linda Hunt did.

by Anonymousreply 116June 6, 2023 1:15 AM

I mean, he. or they.

by Anonymousreply 117June 6, 2023 1:16 AM

R112 What's a quasi-lesbian and how is it different from bi?

by Anonymousreply 118June 6, 2023 4:06 PM

[quote] Elliot Page reveals secret romance with Kate Mara in memoir

Elliot Page is opening up about a secret romance he shared with fellow actor Kate Mara.

The "Umbrella Academy" star, 36, writes about the pair’s fling, which eventually morphed into a lasting friendship, in his new memoir "Pageboy," out June 6.

Page reveals in the book that he met the former "House of Cards" star, 40, at a small dinner party prior to his coming out as trans and shortly after ending another relationship. At the time, Page was filming 2014’s "X-Men: Days of Future Past."

"The first person I fell for after my heart was broken was Kate Mara," Page writes, adding that Mara at the time was dating actor Max Minghella.

The Oscar-nominated "Juno" star describes Mara as "charming and gorgeous" at the dinner. Not long afterward, he writes, the pair met again at a Hollywood party where Mara greeted Page "with a look in her eye I didn't remember from the dinner," he writes.

At the party, Mara began "flirting" with Page, he recalls. "I thought it was a joke," the actor writes. "Regardless of the boyfriend, I could never imagine Kate Mara would want me."

When Page glanced over at Minghella, concerned, Mara told him "Oh, he doesn't care." Page later learned that Minghella had encouraged Mara to explore her “connection” with Page.

On Feb. 14, 2014, Page came out as gay while giving a speech at a Las Vegas benefit for LGBTQ youth. The actor recalls Mara emailing him afterward, joking, "Wait. You're gay?!"

"Yeah, so make your move," Page responded.

Weeks later, Mara invited Page to a barbecue at the Los Angeles home she and Minghella shared. Page recalls Mara again flirting with him as Minghella stood nearby "not giving it a second look."

The attraction between him and Mara, writes Page, was, "Magnetic and immediate, a feeling better left without words."

Days later, Mara suggested the two go out on a dinner date.

On the night of the pair's first date, Mara picked up Page at his home. Inside, the two shared their first kiss. After dinner, they returned to Page's house.

"When we go back, we immediately went to my bedroom," Page recalls of that night. "Kate lay on her back, removing her clothes, while I stood at the base of the bed removing mine. I moved to crawl on top of her. Our mouths fused, our bodies meeting for the first time."

"It was a successful first date," Page coyly writes. "So they continued."

The two actors continued exploring their "unabashed attraction." Page felt himself gradually "falling" for Mara. "I could not stop thinking about her," he writes. Dancing with Mara at another party, the smitten Page knew, "I was a goner."

Though the affair with Mara thrilled him, Page knew while it was happening that he was setting himself up for heartbreak. He recalls feeling hurt when a planned trip to New York City with Mara got derailed after Minghella's schedule freed up and he traveled with Mara instead. Page found himself alone and depressed in the city, staying in the same hotel where he and Mara had once been intimate.

"Everything with Kate was becoming more complicated, more loaded. I was feeling let down. Perhaps the excitement no longer outweighed the challenges," he writes.

Page later adds, "I was chasing something that could not be, letting lust overwhelm me."

When Page spoke of his frustration to Mara, the former "Pose" star reminded Page that she also loved Minghella and they had built a life together. "I didn't believe someone could love two people at the same time before. I do now," Page recalls Mara telling him.

Page decided to end the affair and a short time later, Mara and Minghella also called it quits.

In twists that could only happen in Hollywood, Minghella, who Page describes as "wonderful" in the book, later played Page's love interest in the 2015 movie “Into the Forest." Meanwhile, Page and Mara went on to co-star in the 2017 romantic drama "My Days of Mercy."

by Anonymousreply 119June 6, 2023 11:49 PM

Page ends the section by telling readers that after he and Mara, who married husband Jamie Bell in 2017, gave each other "space" and "distance," they eventually became close platonic friends.

"It has been nearly nine years since Kate and I met. Certain chemistry never faded, but room for realizations left us laughing at how little we had in common," writes Page.

"But what has never changed, what will never change, is the love between us," he adds. "Loyal, generous, emotionally present — Kate is not just a wonderful friend, she is an honest friend."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 6, 2023 11:50 PM

Wow, she is TOTALLY outing Kate Mara.

Is Kate okay with this?

by Anonymousreply 121June 7, 2023 12:31 AM

[quote] This memoir seems tedious.

Lesbian AND trans. What did you expect? The woman is a trainwreck.

by Anonymousreply 122June 7, 2023 12:32 AM

Was she such a great actress and/or is he such a great actor? I was never very enthused tbh.

by Anonymousreply 123June 7, 2023 12:34 AM

In addition to fucking Kate she was also getting Juno’ co-star Olivia Thirlby ‘all the time’ while filming

You go girl !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 7, 2023 12:36 AM

good for her, he or whatever the fuck she is likes pussy.

by Anonymousreply 125June 8, 2023 10:59 PM

She looks more like a butch lesbian now than she did when she was a woman.

by Anonymousreply 126June 8, 2023 11:03 PM

☝🏼. Yes ! Ellen was a sporty femme . Now she looks freakish .

by Anonymousreply 127June 8, 2023 11:24 PM

girls don't care what the fuck Elliot is, as long as Elliot has a magic tongue.

by Anonymousreply 128June 9, 2023 12:38 AM

Has "Elliot" ever said if he's interested in females or males, post-transition?

by Anonymousreply 129June 9, 2023 12:47 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 9, 2023 3:22 PM

R127 Elliot was a tomboy, not a sporty femme

by Anonymousreply 131June 9, 2023 3:57 PM

Ellen Page is a very confused lesbian.

She thinks she's male because that's what the mainstream media is telling her.

But the fact remains that she's a female attracted to females.

Everything about her - especially her words - say that she's a female who wants to be with another female.

Just because you're butch or a tomboy, doesn't make you a man.

Unfortunately, straight people have tried to control the narrative here, and forced "male" or "female" gender roles on gays and lesbians.

The message here is that men cannot be attracted to men, and women cannot be attracted to women.

If you're woman attracted to another woman, then you must assume the male role.

Do you even realize how fucked up that message is?

by Anonymousreply 132June 9, 2023 6:29 PM

R56, I believe it, too. Some straight men take the very existence of a lesbian to be threatening, and this is their reaction. You don't have to be a "hottie" to be threatened with rape, though she was actually cute as a woman.

by Anonymousreply 133June 9, 2023 10:14 PM

Typical Hollywood experience.

It seems like sexual harassment is the norm there.

by Anonymousreply 134June 9, 2023 10:21 PM

R131, now SHE’S just a pathetic freak

by Anonymousreply 135June 9, 2023 10:52 PM

Bot R132 thinks he's Elliott's therapist.

by Anonymousreply 136June 9, 2023 11:19 PM

R136, is a fool

by Anonymousreply 137June 9, 2023 11:24 PM

Is she post-op or even taking hormones? She looks like a lesbian with a pixie cut.

by Anonymousreply 138June 11, 2023 9:53 AM

It was obviously known pussyhound Ryan Seacrest, that player!

by Anonymousreply 139June 11, 2023 10:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!