Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Vaping

Absolutely cannot stand vapors or vaping. Disgusting and low class.

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2023 10:37 AM

I vape in movie theaters. I hold it right inside my t-shirt and blow the vapor down into my shirt.

Hate on me, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2023 2:39 PM

Some dude outside of a shopping mall had a vape with a peachy-vanilla juice cartridge. Honestly, it smelled delicious. I'll take that smell over cigarette smoke any day.

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2023 2:45 PM

Just vape copious amounts of pot and relax, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2023 2:47 PM

Thanks for telling us, dear.

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2023 2:58 PM

Tell us more, OP! I could spend the entire day listening to you list the things you find low-class. You, and your opinions, are fascinating to me. To all of us, really.

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2023 3:00 PM

It has no bearing on me but anyone who exposes their addictions publicly will be judged negatively by society.

by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2023 3:07 PM

I don’t like walking into a scented candle cloud that just blew out of a stranger’s body.

Why is vape scented? Gross!

by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2023 6:08 PM

[quote]It has no bearing on me but anyone who exposes their addictions publicly will be judged negatively by society.

That’s called stigma. In public health, we work to reduce that. We also work to reduce the harm that things like vaping, smoking, and overheating cause, but we can only do that if we address the stigma around them first. Otherwise people are too ashamed to address their problems.

by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2023 6:11 PM

It’s much better than smelling cigarette smoke.

by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2023 6:13 PM

I prefer the smell of burning trash.

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2023 6:15 PM

R8, did you mean to say that the stigma attached to smoking should be discouraged? I quit smoking because of the stigma. Smokers were, and are, pariahs in my circle. For that, I am grateful.

by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2023 6:23 PM

Is it legal to vape indoors in public areas? I thought it was same laws as smoking.

by Anonymousreply 12June 2, 2023 6:28 PM

If it's legal to fart indoors it should be legal to vape.

by Anonymousreply 13June 2, 2023 8:50 PM

Count your blessings not other people's sins, OP.

by Anonymousreply 14June 2, 2023 9:01 PM

Vaping is dangerous and should be outlawed. A friend's nephew suffered a pen blowing up in his mouth; lost two teeth and had to undergo reconstructive surgery. Recovery was slow, painful and expensive (the kid's parents fought with the insurance company and ended up paying for 80% of the medical expenses out of pocket).

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2023 2:45 PM

I'd come sit by you, OP, but I'd imagine that won't turn out well.

by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2023 2:53 PM

r15 That's probably because the vape pen used a lithium-ion battery to charge and the battery was damaged. Lithium-ion batteries aren't exclusively used in vape pens and can be dangerous when damaged. Not all vape pens use li-ion batteries, some use polymer which is less prone to exploding. Li-ion batteries are most commonly used in cell phones, laptops, and other electronics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2023 12:23 AM

You meant vapers not vapors.

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2023 12:29 AM

Doesn’t impact me in the least-but I could never do it

by Anonymousreply 19June 4, 2023 12:30 AM

[quote]Absolutely cannot stand vapors or vaping.

Why, Miss Scarlet? You seem to suffer from the vapors.

by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2023 12:33 AM

“Despite their candy flavours, vapes have been found to contain 200 different dangerous chemicals including heavy metals like lead and mercury.

Some of the ingredients are used in paint thinners while others like arsenic and benzene are known to cause cancer.” - SkyNews Aus

by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2023 12:48 AM

A couple of friends have quit smoking over the past 10 years and started vaping when they were diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I don't understand why?

They died anyway and looked like they had dummies (pacifiers) for the last year of their lives.

My aunt did the opposite and switched back to cigarettes when she got stomach cancer, good for her.

Disgraced British celeb Phillip Schofield says he has blisters on his hands due to vaping so much because of stress. Just misspelled W**king really haven't they?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 4, 2023 1:28 AM

Although both the FDA and the CDC recommend that smokers switch to vaping, you will not hear the full truth about how safe vaping is in the US, because the tobacco lobby is so powerful. So, let's ask the UK's NHS:

"Vaping is not completely risk-free, but it poses a small fraction of the risk of smoking cigarettes... E-cigarettes do not produce tar or carbon monoxide, two of the most harmful elements in tobacco smoke... The liquid and vapour contain some potentially harmful chemicals also found in cigarette smoke, but at a much lower level."

I thank God for vaping. I now only have to use my pen a few times a day to keep the cravings away, and I am free from cigarettes, something I thought would never be possible. Smokers: Do not let the perfect be the enemy of the good! I beg you to at least give vaping a try. You can always quit vaping as well, later, but for now get off those the damn cigarettes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 4, 2023 1:46 AM

I like the scents. Doesn't stink at all. Smells pleasant

by Anonymousreply 24June 4, 2023 2:02 AM

They are going to be prescribed on the NHS as soon as they are approved. The process started in 2021 and they should be available in 2024 (3 years is about the normal time range). They will be free in Scotland, Wales and NI.

People on benefits or with a pre-payment certificate (£110 a year in England), won't have to pay extra in England

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 4, 2023 2:05 AM

I heard vaping is more toxic than smoking

by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2023 2:07 AM

[quote] A couple of friends have quit smoking over the past 10 years and started vaping when they were diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I don't understand why?

You just so happen to have a couple of friends with that exact combo? You made that up. R22, I don't understand why?

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2023 2:15 AM

My next-door neighbor vapes - it actually smells good to me. I'll have to ask her what flavor (or is it just a scent) - it might be blueberry.

by Anonymousreply 28June 4, 2023 2:16 AM

Probably isn't, it has less carcinogenic ingredients than cigarettes.

I've heard about people vaping so much they collapsed a lung though (Pneumothorax). Which is pretty dangerous, seems rare though?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2023 2:17 AM

R27 I'm I'm 56 and have probably had 15+ friends die, that happened to two of them. I have friends who are older than me (my Husband is 75).

My Aunt was 78 when she got stomach cancer and starting smoking again.

As time goes by you attend more funerals than weddings. That's going to freak you out as you age.

by Anonymousreply 30June 4, 2023 2:25 AM

I quit smoking years ago but the day I'm diagnosed with cancer is the day I buy a carton of Dunhills.

I hated quitting smoking and I'd love to go back to it. I'm just waiting.

by Anonymousreply 31June 4, 2023 2:25 AM

It's disturbing to me how so many kids are into this. Unlike regular cigarettes where you are disgusted by it the first time and have to force it a few times to get hooked on it. Vaping is less harsh and easier on the throat and come in flavors that resemble fruit or candy. The tobacco industry basically found a different way to get children hooked on smoking. Now people have a different epidemic to handle and it's harder to trace because it's not leaving that tobacco smell.

by Anonymousreply 32June 4, 2023 2:34 AM

R23 Agreed. When I switched to vaping it helped me quit smoking. Eventually, it got to a point where the smell of secondhand cigarette smoke was repulsive to me. It became more horrifying when I realized that's what I smelled like to others for years. Ick!

by Anonymousreply 33June 4, 2023 2:36 AM

[quote]I'll have to ask her what flavor (or is it just a scent) - it might be blueberry.

r28 The correct term is "juice cartridge." If you ask her what flavor her juice cartridge is, she'll know exactly what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2023 2:38 AM

Vaping reeks and affects me just like cigarette smoke does.

Vaping is just as obnoxious as smoking. Stop kidding yourselves.

P.S. It looks really stupid too.

by Anonymousreply 35June 4, 2023 2:40 AM

[quote]r6 It has no bearing on me but anyone who exposes their addictions publicly will be judged negatively by society.

Says the PROSTITUTION WHORE strolling the boulevard in spray-on SHORT SHORTS ? !

by Anonymousreply 36June 4, 2023 2:56 AM

[quote]R12 Is it legal to vape indoors in public areas? I thought it was same laws as smoking.

Stick it, Karen.

by Anonymousreply 37June 4, 2023 2:57 AM

Like with weed edibles there's a big issue with kids abusing vapes. I can't fault manufacturers because parents leave their crap out so kids can get into it. The candy flavors and scents naturally attract young people. Vapes aren't harsh to smell, so they don't bother me. Cigarettes and weed both smell terrible to me.

by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2023 3:05 AM

vaping as i type this - -

by Anonymousreply 39June 4, 2023 3:13 AM

I was at a party yesterday and a guy sitting next to me was vaping. I didn’t smell anything at all.

by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2023 2:11 AM

R35, there is NO WAY vaping affects YOU like cigarette smoke. It literally disappears in seconds.

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2023 3:28 AM

Vapers are just as delusional as smokers. Why are you sucking on a plastic tube?

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2023 10:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!