Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

US court to hear challenge over Prince Harry’s visa following drug revelations

CNN — Prince Harry’s US immigration records should be unsealed in the light of revelations about drug-taking in his recent book, a conservative think tank will argue in a federal court next week.

The Heritage Foundation is suing the US government to find out if it acted according to procedure when it granted the Duke of Sussex a US visa. Under US immigration law, evidence of past drug use can be grounds to reject an application.

The case will be held in front of a federal judge on June 6 at the US District Court for the District of Columbia.

The Heritage Foundation filed a complaint under the Freedom of Information Act, attempting to compel the government to release Harry’s immigration file. “The requested information is of immense public interest,” reads an amended complaint filed on May 5.

“Widespread and continuous media coverage has surfaced the question of whether DHS [Department of Homeland Security] properly admitted the Duke of Sussex in light of the fact that he has publicly admitted to the essential elements of a number of drug offenses in both the United States and abroad,” it continues.

The original request for Harry’s records was rejected because Harry had not indicated that he “consented to his information being released,” the US Justice Department said in court papers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 16, 2023 12:07 AM

Why are those heritage kunts going after Harry? Maybe racism towards his wife? I wonder if he paid them to do this for good sympathy pr....

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2023 6:22 AM

Harry and Meghan are very unpopular among conservatives because they're seen as anti-monarchical complaining snowflakes.

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2023 6:29 AM

Deport him.

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2023 6:39 AM

I hope most people see this as good news. Harry's drug use might be the way that the country finally gets rid of Harry (and Meghan). It's the UK that spawned such a deplorable character, and that country should take him back.

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2023 7:34 AM

ahaha, finally something I agree with U.S. conservatives with. It's especially amusing because it's the other way around here in the UK - conservatives are much more likely to be supporters of the monarchy and would not want to draw negative attention to them or criticise them especially for something pretty trivial like this.

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2023 7:53 AM

I haven't read the book, neither do I intend to. What kind of offences are we talking about? Are these offences that would make it impossible to successfully apply for US citizenship or even a visa? Also what has the Heritage Foundation to do with anything? Awful bigots. But also, maybe Harry learns that you haven't got a free pass for every shit just because you were born royal.

by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2023 7:56 AM

They are saying that he lied about his illegal drug use when he made his visa application. I'd imagine that may nullify it. If the authorities care to investigate it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2023 8:03 AM

Or that he didn't lie but the U.S. gave him preferential treatment because he's a celebrity/royal.

by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2023 8:14 AM

His depletion of a nitrous oxide cannister in the maternity ward for the purpose of getting high while his wife was in labor may count against him.

I mean imagine that, illicitly hooking up to and sucking up the hospital's supply because, because, because of all the wonderful work he does!

by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2023 8:55 AM

He probably has a diplomatic passport, which I imagine comes with a lot of wiggle room when visa applications are submitted. I don’t see Biden kicking him out of the country for doing shrooms (which is all I think he’s admitted to).

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2023 8:58 AM

[quote]His depletion of a nitrous oxide cannister in the maternity ward for the purpose of getting high while his wife was in labor may count against him.

That was so trashy. And how does Prince Dim think admitting that is a good idea?

[quote]He probably has a diplomatic passport,

Can't see that, he isn't a diplomat and it would cause political problems in the UK if found out. Experts think that that he may have O-1 visa status, usually handed to “an individual who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics or who has a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognised nationally or internationally.”

[quote]An immigration expert of Lightman Law in New York also came forward and admitted, “Harry would have no problem getting the O-1 because he's a prince. He's travelled all over the world... and there is his work with Invictus. It's going to be enough to qualify him.”

by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2023 9:04 AM

Would love to see them go (to Siberia), but…

This is about racism and their advocacy to fight climate change, along with support of other liberal issues.

by Anonymousreply 12June 2, 2023 9:10 AM

Fine, they should just say 'fuck America, too' and go back to Canada. They can get more bang for their buck there, anyway, and Canadians are part of the British Commonwealth and more Canadians probably assign them automatic respect than Americans do.

Who even wants to live in a country with a Heritage Foundation, much less one that elected Trump? If I had the money they have, I would not choose to live in the US.

by Anonymousreply 13June 2, 2023 9:55 AM

Oh, but Canada is not so chic to them.

They must live near oprah so everyone can envy them!

by Anonymousreply 14June 2, 2023 10:09 AM

He’s married to an American citizen - why does he need a Visa?

by Anonymousreply 15June 2, 2023 10:29 AM

Those assholes WOULD have problems with that moron's supposed drug use but not mention his recreational wearing of a Nazi uniform.

Probably because everyone who belongs to the Heritage Foundation also wears a Nazi uniform for funsies.

by Anonymousreply 16June 2, 2023 10:32 AM

Marriage doesn’t get you an automatic visa but makes it easier. You still need a visa if not a citizen.

by Anonymousreply 17June 2, 2023 10:37 AM

A “conservative think tank“ is a non sequitur.

Conservatives don’t know how to think

by Anonymousreply 18June 2, 2023 10:39 AM

[quote] Why are those heritage kunts going after Harry?

Klan Grannies unite!

Now I'm absolutely convinced that Palace Officials and the British Tabloid Media are going after Harry, using US Conservatards.

They already have a media smear campaign against Harry and Meghan, but now they are trying to use legal means to get to him.

I'm sure the British media is pissed that Harry came for them in the courts, and now they're repaying the favor.

I think the most amusing thing is seeing who all are on the same side. The Palace Officials, the British Media, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Matt Gaetz, George Santos, Ted Cruz, Rick DeSatanist, and all the others of that ilk.

They're not only disgusting, but they're also quite pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 19June 2, 2023 10:46 AM

Yes this is about racism because I have no doubt Meghan will be kicked out with him. He is getting high on nitrous oxide which is meant for his wife's labor. This is one red neck piece of trash. He has admitted to a fondness for cocaine. Why does he have to consent to his visa application being made public under the freedom of information act? Sounds like everyone is getting as stupid as Harry. And their fight against climate change has been so effective considering he does nothing but sue everyone under the sun and she spends all her time at B list Hollywood parties. Without him. She knew he was an idiot but she got what she wanted out of him and has now had enough. Who could blame her?

by Anonymousreply 20June 2, 2023 10:47 AM

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Klan Granny propaganda, sponsored by Buckingham Palace and the British Trash Media.

R20 is probably Piers Morgan. What a fucking loser!

by Anonymousreply 21June 2, 2023 10:50 AM

Americans don’t care much about the monarchy. Conservatives wouldn’t focus on him for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 22June 2, 2023 10:51 AM

Wait, wait, wait...he was toking on nitrous while his wife was giving birth? And he admitted it? What a sleeze.

How can anyone stan that moron? Fuckssake.

by Anonymousreply 23June 2, 2023 10:58 AM

R21's dementia had his family putting him in an assisted living dementia ward behind a locked door. Thank God.

by Anonymousreply 24June 2, 2023 11:00 AM

This will burnish his Victim credentials. No one had done him wrong since May. He’s back on track.

by Anonymousreply 25June 2, 2023 11:01 AM

Wait, wait, wait...he was toking on nitrous while his wife was giving birth? And he admitted it? What a sleeze.

How can anyone stan that moron? Fuckssake.

Well R21 wants to fuck him so he's got one deranged fan. Of course Hary would have to break through the dementia ward door to get to him.

by Anonymousreply 26June 2, 2023 11:03 AM

They're attacking Harry now, because he's going to testify in court next week against the British trash media.

I hope he destroys them and spills all their dirty secrets.

Fuck them and fuck Rupert Murdoch for what he unleashed on the Untied States of America.

by Anonymousreply 27June 2, 2023 11:47 AM

Why should we care anything about the British tabloids. They have been after all the Royals for years. Even our tabloids have been after them since I was knee high to a checkout lane. Charles and Camilla are not behind this and it is nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2023 7:36 PM

Wut? Did you read the original post? This doesn't have anything to do with the British tabloids. "The Heritage Foundation is suing the US government to find out if it acted according to procedure when it granted the Duke of Sussex a US visa."

by Anonymousreply 29June 2, 2023 7:54 PM

Read it and weep you deranged loons.😁

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 15, 2023 3:24 PM

^ Klan Grannies be..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 15, 2023 3:35 PM

A visa application is made under oath. One if the questions asks about drug use.

US Citizenship and Immigration Services' official policies say that visa applicants "who are found to be drug users or addicts" are inadmissible.

Since he was admitted it must be presumed Harry answered in the negative. However Harry's book says otherwise. Which time was he lying, and why is the administration covering up for rich people when ordinary people would be denied legal admission to the US.

by Anonymousreply 32June 15, 2023 4:30 PM

This just shows that most of the criticism thrown at them is coming from racist conservabots

Melania lied on her immigration papers and pretended to be a college graduate. But I don't see them complaining about that

by Anonymousreply 33June 15, 2023 4:36 PM

R23, how can you and your Heritage foundation buddies defend Melania Trump getting an "Einstein" visa by lying

by Anonymousreply 34June 15, 2023 4:38 PM

Elitist privilege and all the Yassss Kweens who claim to be all about equity cheer!!!

by Anonymousreply 35June 15, 2023 5:08 PM

Suck my ginger todger you Tory crones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 15, 2023 5:32 PM

R36, yeah. He's great for Biden. This is definitely a win for D's and absolutely not a frivolous political ploy the Rs will ride until the wheels come off...

Oh, and they're correct. The Democrats are now defenders of Drug Addict aristocrats! Thanks, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 37June 15, 2023 5:35 PM

Princess Pussy Faggit

by Anonymousreply 38June 15, 2023 6:01 PM

R37 The wheels have already come off the R's you thick Tory cow. Stick to your insignificant little island's politics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 15, 2023 6:01 PM

You royalass freaks in UK are the same cultist as Trumptards in states. Wacko's of a feather.

by Anonymousreply 40June 15, 2023 6:10 PM

THIS IS WHAT HERITAGE WANTED.

God, I hate how stupid the stans are.

by Anonymousreply 41June 15, 2023 6:12 PM

R39, you also realize the moral relativism of celebrating Trump's indictment for revealing classified state secrets yet celebrating "Spare" and Harry's witness statement?

You do see that, no?

by Anonymousreply 42June 15, 2023 6:15 PM

Right wing crazies should try living in the real world but with your limited mental capacity we can see why you prefer fantasy island.😁

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 15, 2023 6:17 PM

R42 You realize that if you are comparing Harry to Trump you are fucking batshit crazy?

Confident you don't.

by Anonymousreply 44June 15, 2023 6:20 PM

R44, both are the second sons...

by Anonymousreply 45June 15, 2023 6:22 PM

More CAPS PLEASE! because that means you're REAL SMART R41

by Anonymousreply 46June 15, 2023 6:29 PM

R45 Wow. That means Harry and Trump are like ya know TWINS! Did ya notice they are both gingers? Cuz Have you ever seen Trump and Harry together in the same room? NO. Do the research. Use some critical thinking skills people!!!!

by Anonymousreply 47June 15, 2023 6:33 PM

^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 15, 2023 6:48 PM

Someone who thinks the First Amendment of the United States Constitution is “bonkers” can fuck right off. Why does he want to be here, then? (Oh, right. He’s going to silence the media with his Aspen Institute Commission on Misinformation Disorder!)

by Anonymousreply 49June 15, 2023 6:50 PM

The Sussex-grannystans are so weird. I've been screaming about Melania and her undeserved visa and her working in the US illegally for years. Years. Don't forget the way her parents were given citizenship on the fast track, it was unearned. I hate the Heritage Foundation, as far as I'm concerned they're a treasonous, anti-democratic pit of vipers. The sooner they join their master Satan in the bowels of hell, the better off we'll all be in America.

Trump? I'd shoot him in the face if I had the chance. I'm old, I lack the energy and drive. I'll never do it but I still hate him with the heat of 10,000 suns and wish him dead. I'm a big fan of the "He could stroke out at any moment" plan.

As for Harry and that narcissistic cunt he married, she's a good match for him since he's the most selfish, snowflaky, moronic Prince you could ever hope to trap into marriage. They both treated the late Queen and Prince Philip disgracefully and they will never recover from that. In America, Hollywood won't touch them with a barge pole. As far as I can see, Harry would be perfectly happy to go to Africa and save elephants with his kids. It's Markle who's so thirsty for Hollywood that she's desperately trying to shove her way in via marriage since she couldn't make it on talent. She doesn't understand Hollywood - they want what they can't have. Everyone can have the Sussexes, it's just a matter of negotiating the price. Nobody's willing to pay that price, this is why Netflix and Spotify have cancelled them and more cancelling awaits them in the near future. They're becoming untouchables.

Mrs. Sussex is about 80% white. I know that weird Americans go by the "one drop rule" but normal people don't. She's mixed but not much and is mostly white. Her problem is not racism. She was welcomed in England and her marriage was celebrated by the British people. I saw it with my own eyes. Lining the streets and cheering and all that rubbish. If they got fed up with her spoiled antics and diva behavior, it's her own damn fault. She's greedy, bullying, unpleasant, demanding, phony and unlikable, that's why the people turned on her. She turned on them first.

Harry's callous treatment of his grandparents along with his greed, selfishness, constant whining, endless attacks against his family and pimping out his memories for cash has killed whatever affection the public had for him. He was a cheeky, cheerful little chappy as a kid and everyone adored his mother and everyone adored him. We got over that because he forced us to get over it with his shitty, spoiled, mean-spirited, vile behavior. He will never be forgiven for what he did to the Queen in her last years, nor for what he did to Prince Philip in his final days.

The Sussex problem isn't race its the Sussexes themselves. They are constant liars and self-pitying exaggerators. They have lousy characters as human beings and once the public saw them as the really nasty people they are the public turned away from Harry and Megan, thoroughly disgusted. They did this themselves, they have no one else to blame but of course they blame everyone but themselves. They are shallow and stupid and nowhere near attractive enough to make up for all that.

The *actual* twins in this scenario are Trump and Markle. Two narcissist peas in a pod. Of course they can't stand each other. Too much competition.

by Anonymousreply 50June 15, 2023 6:52 PM

Paul McCartney has owned US property for decades in Tucson, the Hamptons, NYC, etc., and has been very open about his drug use - and he was famously thrown in a Japanese jail for ten days back in the 80s.

Not that I’m comparing a certified legend with Harry, but is it just about the lying?

by Anonymousreply 51June 15, 2023 6:59 PM

Spot on R42 Because revealing your bro pushed you into the doggy dish has the same "moral relativism" as showing top secret nuclear attack plans to Kid Rock. Only a dolt would not be able to see these are equivalent. No?

by Anonymousreply 52June 15, 2023 7:02 PM

Revealing who you killed when and where...?

by Anonymousreply 53June 15, 2023 7:05 PM

R53 Congressman Michael Waltz (R) fail .. doll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 15, 2023 7:14 PM

r53 Stop me when you've had enough sweetie.😁

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 15, 2023 7:19 PM

Speak up R53 can't understand you with your mouth full of hypocrisy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 15, 2023 7:23 PM

R53 Perhaps some one closer to your age range, no?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 15, 2023 7:28 PM

Let Keith Richards be the Judge

by Anonymousreply 58June 15, 2023 7:32 PM

R53 Very unfair to Harry. Prince William wrote that he saw Saving Private Ryan at the Palladiun on June 3, 1998. In fact good soldier that he is Willy saw it TWICE.

by Anonymousreply 59June 15, 2023 7:34 PM

I usually skip the royal threads, but this one was just too delicious!

by Anonymousreply 60June 15, 2023 7:35 PM

Go Ask Alice, I think she’ll know

by Anonymousreply 61June 15, 2023 7:40 PM

R60 Harry's ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 15, 2023 7:49 PM

R60 Harry's door.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 15, 2023 7:49 PM

R62/R63 We'd like to open both.

by Anonymousreply 64June 15, 2023 9:05 PM

Eh, so what. He’s married to a US citizen and got fast-tracked probably as a favor to the British government because otherwise it would be too embarrassing. He’s so used to getting special treatment that not getting a visa never occurred to him. Just let him go vegetate in California because he’s not our problem anymore. Harry will never comprehend the extent to which the courtiers around him created his image, smoothed his way, and organized his life since birth.

by Anonymousreply 65June 15, 2023 11:42 PM

If they could deport him for being a dumb ass, that would probably be easier. He's The King of Great Britains Son, they won't do anything. He also has 2 kids whom were born here. Lol, I do like Harry, though.

by Anonymousreply 66June 15, 2023 11:43 PM

R18 I think it's a conservative drunk tank.

by Anonymousreply 67June 16, 2023 12:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!