Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

THE BOOGEYMAN

Well that was awful!

It was going okay up until they showed the Boogeyman, itself.

A mess of CGI.

Seriously. The film would have been 100x better if they had just cast a guy dressed in all black or something.

Old school Michael & Freddy were terrifying. These CGI monsters are laughable and phony.

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2023 9:54 PM

I didn’t think it was that bad. It had a creepy vibe, good scares. But I agree, not as effective once the full CGI creature shows up. Less would have been more. I did appreciate that the younger child was not directed to be whiny. She did a good job.

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2023 8:19 AM

Too much cgi ruins modern movies. Looks like a video game. I'm disappointed to hear that. Idk why they struggle to make a decent King movie. Most of the stories are perfect, except the endings.

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2023 8:25 AM

Yeah, the ending was dumb, too.

I'm guessing they wanted a fake out of the actual story's ending but they fumbled it completely.

As for the previews, the next Insidious and Nun II look fun and creepy. But they use actual actors for their monsters.

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2023 1:01 PM

King is heavily promoting this.

He must have a financial stake in it.

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2023 9:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!