Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Madonna Continues Making An Ass of Herself

Here she is singing to her new Sam Smith flop tune. Dementia has totally set in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 5, 2023 2:51 AM

Madonna hates fat people.

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2023 4:17 AM

People are like Narcissus staring at themselves in a phone instead of a pond.

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2023 4:28 AM

She's lost weight, and not just in the face and ass.

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2023 4:34 AM

Is that some kind of work out equipment behind her or a mobility scooter?

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2023 7:07 AM

She looks so much like a drag queen that Ron DeSantis is trying to ban her in FL

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2023 7:22 AM

[quote]She's lost weight, and not just in the face and ass.

She does look thinner. Ozempic or filters?

by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2023 7:27 AM

Is she rapping about Samsonite?

by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2023 7:42 AM

It's not just that she longs to be young again... she wants to be a teeny bopper. I mean, this whole persona she's shopping at the ripe old age of 64 is just embarrassing. And this is why I'll pass on being rich and famous, and/or living in an LA bubble. She has made sure that there is nobody in her life who is going to tell her she's making a complete ass of herself.

by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2023 7:48 AM

Are these the lyrics:

Now when I'm very good, and do as I am told,

I'm Mama's little angel and Daddy says I'm good as gold.

And when I'm very naughty, and answer back and sass

I'm Mama's little devil, and Daddy says I've got the brass.

by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2023 8:07 AM

That's an offensively horrible, horrible song.

Madonna is putting so much ugliness out into the world now. Constant ugliness.

She has become so vapid and ugly and weird and talentless and insecure that it feels downright gaslight-y to anyone that was ever a fan. Like it makes one question one's memories of the past.

How is this the same charming, adorable girl who did Material Girl? How is this the same artist that put out the sophisticated Ray of Light album?

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2023 8:43 AM

I can't remember, has she ever done a duet that wasn't terrible?

I know it was a hit, but IMO, her duet with Justin Timberlake was one of her first very poor singles, and kind of the tipping point for the nosedive.

by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2023 10:00 AM

Sex Dwarf Part 2: Bitch is Ghastly

by Anonymousreply 12June 2, 2023 11:29 AM

I thought this one was pretty good, R11

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 2, 2023 11:33 AM

The weird thing is with Madonna, what she's been doing these last few years is weird and ridiculous. However, what IS appropriate for an older, former pop/dance person? I can't picture her just calmly bopping around stage like a Cyndi Lauper or Belinda Carlisle or even the recent Janet Jackson stuff. It would seem fake for her to be that laid back. But this over the top "I'm still 25, bitches" stuff is painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 14June 2, 2023 11:36 AM

R11 Does Sidewalk Talk count? I loved that song when I was a little kid!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 2, 2023 11:37 AM

R10 Why is it horribly offensive? I don't even understand what she's saying for half of it, other than something about "split your banana."

It's stupid - but horribly offensive?

by Anonymousreply 16June 2, 2023 11:38 AM

What the hell is wrong with her? Seriously? Please diagnose her DL psychiatrists.

I always found her harsh, crass personality off-putting, but she seemed relatively smart and savvy. But there is nothing smart about her recent behavior. Comes across as completely nuts.

by Anonymousreply 17June 2, 2023 11:58 AM

Her protruding ass implants are absolutely grotesque

by Anonymousreply 18June 2, 2023 12:09 PM

[quote]What the hell is wrong with her? Seriously? Please diagnose her DL psychiatrists.

She could have cognitive problems or substance abuse issues. Maybe both. She's always come across as a narcissist; they don't age well.

by Anonymousreply 19June 2, 2023 12:12 PM

She’s angry and exudes the same. I don’t know if it’s ugly but it sure isn’t appealing. Apparently few of her peers have much nice to say about her- comes across in her “work”. Can she smile?

by Anonymousreply 20June 2, 2023 12:17 PM

R16 Not horribly offensive. I said it was offensively horrible. As in so bad it's offensive to my sensibilities. As in "what is that offensive odor?" Offensively horrible = so shitty it's irritating.

by Anonymousreply 21June 2, 2023 12:31 PM

I remember my friends and I joked in the late 90s about Madonna performing Like a Virgin as a grandma. Well, it looks like that was prophetic because it looks like she's trying to recapture the Like A Virgin days--a song she supposedly hates.

by Anonymousreply 22June 2, 2023 12:37 PM

Her impact on LGBTQ rights, acceptance, progress, equality, etc., etc., is immeasurable. She was a hugely popular straight person who liked us. Remember, there was no one 'out' in the 1980s.

God bless Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 23June 2, 2023 12:40 PM

As soon as she started futzing with her lips, everything started going downhill. She could have done all the Botox, could have done fillers, lifts, and still looked more or less like her real self if she'd just left her lips alone. But when she started inflating her lips, something inside of her also changed. It would be fascinating to know which came first, the inner or the outer change.

by Anonymousreply 24June 2, 2023 12:42 PM

She's only going to get worse. Every old person in my family turns into a loud freak without filters who just embarrasses themself continuously.

by Anonymousreply 25June 2, 2023 12:45 PM

I'm with R23... It's fun to make bitchy and catty comments but save most of your wrath for our enemies- not our allies.

by Anonymousreply 26June 2, 2023 12:49 PM

Roseanne Barr was also an ally in the 1990s, r23 and r26.

Bill and Hil also didn't think we deserved equal rights with respect to marriage.

People change...some for the better, some not.

by Anonymousreply 27June 2, 2023 12:53 PM

Madonna on fat people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2023 5:37 PM

Sam better watch out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 2, 2023 5:37 PM

[quote] Bill and Hil also didn't think we deserved equal rights with respect to marriage.

And neither did Obama and Biden. It’s politics. At least Bill got to stop them from passing a constitutional amendment. That would have been the end of gay marriage ever happening.

by Anonymousreply 30June 2, 2023 5:38 PM

Why is her voice so high now? It’s thin and annoying. She needs to smoke more. She was never a great singer but at least she didn’t sound like a child trying to sing. It’s just embarrassing and the lyrics she comes up with sound unbelievably juvenile.

by Anonymousreply 31June 2, 2023 5:40 PM

R28, I think it was in the 80s when Madonna said (in an interview) that her fat fans really grossed her out because they would always be so sweaty when they would approach her for autographs or something along those lines.

by Anonymousreply 32June 2, 2023 5:49 PM

What's that bitch talking about? She got something against Samsonite luggage?

by Anonymousreply 33June 2, 2023 6:28 PM

HER TOUR IS ON TRACK TO GROSS OVER A BILLION DOLLARS!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 34June 2, 2023 6:34 PM

I hope she takes her $1billion and retires. I cannot endure this once-mighty, revolutionary performer becoming a living caricature of herself.

by Anonymousreply 35June 2, 2023 6:40 PM

I was a fan, for a brief period, in the 1980s. I loathe selfish, obnoxious egomaniacs. She treats her fans with disdain and contempt. Madonna worshipers are masochists.

by Anonymousreply 36June 2, 2023 6:48 PM

I loathe stans of any entertainer. Stans (versus fans) will never accept any criticism of their idols, ever. Only the most delusional stan would enjoy this kind of behavior.

by Anonymousreply 37June 2, 2023 6:50 PM

At 20, she had the face she with born with. At 60+, she has the face she deserves.

by Anonymousreply 38June 2, 2023 6:52 PM

We all feel that way about fat people.

by Anonymousreply 39June 2, 2023 6:53 PM

R39 LOL I resemble that remark ...but am working on it

by Anonymousreply 40June 2, 2023 6:56 PM

I’m not sure how so many can afford tickets to her show. Nosebleed seats are almost $400 for Vancouver. Bitch is crazy.

Oh, and Sam - watch out so Madge doesn’t suck out your life force. Look at what the bitch did to Britney. Now all she can do is twirl and speak nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 41June 2, 2023 7:00 PM

She’s truly a caricature of herself.

by Anonymousreply 42June 2, 2023 7:13 PM

R28, that isn't Madonna, that's 'Dita', the narrator of "SEX."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 2, 2023 7:24 PM

R14 - you’ve asked a good question. I think she could have allowed herself to age gracefully - like Helen Mirren, who has obviously had some work done, but not overly obvious work.

As to her performing persona, since she always recontextualized all sorts of musical styles and modes of self-presentation it would have been interesting to see her version of the older, bawdy broad cabaret performer. Somewhere between Mae West, Elaine Stritch, Rusty Warren/Dusty Towne, and Sophie Tucker/Bette Midler - now that would have meant embracing her age as well as a rather outmoded style of performing - but she might have been able to create something interesting.

by Anonymousreply 44June 2, 2023 7:30 PM

Great thoughts, R44

by Anonymousreply 45June 2, 2023 7:33 PM

Former fan, I’m just terribly sad by what she’s become the past 15 years. I’d feel sad for her but she’s living in her own bubble and seems quite content and probably can’t see that she’s become the kind of celebrity she’d likely have reviled in her younger days. That said, I guess who are we to judge? The world would be a boring place if we were all the same.

by Anonymousreply 46June 2, 2023 7:35 PM

Have you seen Helen Mirren’s 2023 face???

by Anonymousreply 47June 2, 2023 7:36 PM

She was an insufferable cunt when she was coming up too. She just happened to have some hits in between and got famous for her Edgelord bullshit. I recall hearing her speak (back when I was quite young and stupid myself) and thinking how stupid she sounded. Like an uneducated, insecure twat trying to sound smart and edgy. The excessive working out was probably driven by deep seated insecurity too.

She's still the same.

by Anonymousreply 48June 2, 2023 7:40 PM

Garbage song.

by Anonymousreply 49June 2, 2023 7:43 PM

R47 - Mirren is now 78; at 64 she looked infinitely better than Madge does at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 50June 2, 2023 8:08 PM

[quote] Oh, and Sam - watch out so Madge doesn’t suck out your life force.

Honey, they've got plenty of life force to spare.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 2, 2023 8:40 PM

That video clip at OP is entertaining but not for the right reasons.

by Anonymousreply 52June 2, 2023 8:43 PM

[quote]some hits

SOME

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 2, 2023 8:46 PM

"Boy, watch what you say or I'll split your bah-nah-nah."

I don't know who this person is, but someone needs to tell them that not all boys have bah-nah-nahs! Like, they're a friend of Sam's and they don't know that??? #HeartsNotParts

by Anonymousreply 54June 2, 2023 9:03 PM

[quote] that isn't Madonna, that's 'Dita', the narrator of "SEX."

You sound trans and retarded.

by Anonymousreply 55June 2, 2023 10:32 PM

R43, since Madonna herself has made many comments against fat people in public, I'm going to just assume Dita is (gasp!) Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 56June 2, 2023 10:40 PM

She wasn't even singing in that video.

by Anonymousreply 57June 2, 2023 10:50 PM

R56, you say that but where is your source?

by Anonymousreply 58June 2, 2023 11:05 PM

R23, yes but none of that diminished her anger and self absorption that is kind of toxic. She has become ugly both in appearance and character. And absolutely without a drop of humor.

by Anonymousreply 59June 2, 2023 11:07 PM

She's very shrewd. She's getting herself in shape and launching a very lucrative, worldwide legacy/oldies tour. She'll make a billion dollars. She knows how to do this.

by Anonymousreply 60June 2, 2023 11:22 PM

R56. And for those who don't want to click the image...

[quote] "It's always fat people too. They are the most unnattractive social outcasts, like really overweight girls or guys with lots of acne that follow me around and pester me. It's frightening because not only are they bothering me, but they're horrible to look at too."

I guess we know what Madge secretly thinks of Sam Smith now.

by Anonymousreply 61June 2, 2023 11:32 PM

Sorry, link here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 2, 2023 11:32 PM

R58, see r29.

by Anonymousreply 63June 2, 2023 11:35 PM

Madonna would take a shit in a bowl if it’d get her attention. Oh, wait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 2, 2023 11:38 PM

R64, that's how you know someone needs to be knocked down a peg. When they think shitting in a bowl will make them more popular and loved.

by Anonymousreply 65June 3, 2023 12:13 AM

In OPs video M looks an awful lot like Faye Dunaway in that 2018 Gucci train-wreck ad - but Faye was 15 years older.

by Anonymousreply 66June 3, 2023 4:04 AM

What’s with all the spazz hand gestures?

by Anonymousreply 67June 3, 2023 4:09 AM

Jazz hands!

by Anonymousreply 68June 3, 2023 5:31 AM

[quote] She's very shrewd. She's getting herself in shape and launching a very lucrative, worldwide legacy/oldies tour. She'll make a billion dollars. She knows how to do this.

The sad thing is you said this without a shred of irony as if you weren't already mocked in this very thread about making such wildly asinine statements (see: R34).

by Anonymousreply 69June 3, 2023 6:51 AM

Madge is making Courtney Love look classier and classier as we roll on through the 21st century. Who would've guessed?

by Anonymousreply 70June 3, 2023 7:38 AM

Yeah but at this point Madonna might be a better (or more frequent) guitar player than Courtney Love. Doesn’t that count for ANYthing?

by Anonymousreply 71June 3, 2023 4:42 PM

I’ve only just now watched the VERY brief clip linked at the OP.

THAT is what has got you people frothing with hatred and derision?!

Christ.

by Anonymousreply 72June 3, 2023 4:44 PM

Madonna can play 2 cords on a guitar. lol

by Anonymousreply 73June 3, 2023 5:37 PM

I’m hardly “frothing with…” Rather she is angry, has made herself kind of ugly with cosmetic procedures and possesses not a drop of humor. Why would you want to see her show? I do love a whole pile of her music- but not her. She’s angry, self aggrandizing and even a victim. She even puts down her most loyal fans. Half a billion apparently hasn’t helped much. She’s kind of like Lauren Bacall was- not an iota of gratitude.

by Anonymousreply 74June 3, 2023 5:38 PM

R29 Links a 30+ year old interview to prove what a horrible person Madonna is, but we've all read much worse comments made about fat people here on Datalounge. We are all guilty of being assholes at some point in our lives, but Madonna, apparently, deserves to have her entire career achievements erased because of it.

by Anonymousreply 75June 3, 2023 6:01 PM

And one assumes even she knows how to spell ‘chords’, R73.

by Anonymousreply 76June 3, 2023 6:05 PM

My point, Charlie, is that the responses in this thread which are reactions specifically to the video posted at OP are not justified. From reading the replies, I assumed she’d posted an entire new song. It’s clearly meant to be a bit of a joke, not an actual song, not something to be taken seriously, and she actually looks better in that clip — with the exception of her lips— than she has in the last few years.

I’m not saying it’s a good piece of music or that the lyrics are well written, but it’s obvious she’s not presenting it as such, either, so the reactions in this thread to it are a bit silly.

by Anonymousreply 77June 3, 2023 6:07 PM

I also remember her not being kind to fatties. It’s shocking she has good things to say and Sam Smith.

by Anonymousreply 78June 3, 2023 6:27 PM

"singing"

by Anonymousreply 79June 3, 2023 6:29 PM

If Madonna did not have constant lipo with a vacuum cleaner she'd be quite the fattie herself. She should be hanging out laundry to dry in some small Italian village in the hills outside of Naples.

by Anonymousreply 80June 3, 2023 6:40 PM

R77 - I do think most of the thread is based more on the last several years in total, not just the latest clip. I was never a huge fan of hers, but from the mid 80s through at least her Super Bowl performance she certainly knew how to put on a show and stay reasonably relevant in an industry where most careers last months not decades.

I suspect the hatred and derision are mostly cover for surprise, shock and frankly a bit of disappointment. I honestly always thought Madonna would find a more savvy, creative and interesting way to be an elder. Everything she did publicly in her life certainly led you to assume that outcome much more than the one that has actually transpired.

by Anonymousreply 81June 3, 2023 6:40 PM

R81, yes, it's accumulated frustration from beginning of the '10s, onwards. Divorcing Guy really fucked her up.

by Anonymousreply 82June 3, 2023 7:17 PM

That makes sense, R81 and R82. I feel the same way, though I haven’t been actively a fan of hers since I was a young gayling in the late 80s/early 90s. It’s disappointing.

But I still don’t see the OP’s video as anything other than an improvement, at least in terms of her appearance.

by Anonymousreply 83June 3, 2023 7:52 PM

R71 Madge can play a couple of chords, but even Courtney (who has always been a pretty limited guitar player) knows her way around a fretboard better. Granted, Courtney has not played live in years. She's pretty much mimed it/had her guitar buried in the mix ever since she released "Nobody's Daughter", but during Hole's heyday from 1991–1998, she was always playing live. Granted, it was always pretty rudimentary and punk-ish, but she at least had a distinctive jangly/frenetic strumming style going for her. Any time I've seen Madge playing guitar, it comes across as desperate and boring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 5, 2023 2:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!