Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Princess Beatrice and Edo along with Will and Kate Attend Jordanian Royal Wedding

Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan marries Rajwa Alseif.

I like Bea's dress better than Kate's. Bea's dress is beautiful, but that color on Kate--as with most people--makes her look a bit washed out, although it's a lovely dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 6, 2023 3:27 PM

Beatrice wearing her mother's tiara at the gala event at Al Husseiniya Palace the night before the wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 1, 2023 9:41 PM

Kate wearing Diana's tiara...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 1, 2023 9:44 PM

Sometimes Kate dresses so old it's ridiculous. Leave it to Beatrice to show up looking like the bride, typical Leo.

Here's a young Kate in the evening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 1, 2023 9:44 PM

Beatrice’s Edo.

by Anonymousreply 4June 1, 2023 9:44 PM

There is a lready a thread about this!

How many threads do we need about this bitch and her thumb head husband?

by Anonymousreply 5June 1, 2023 9:47 PM

On 1 June, King Abdullah’s eldest son Crown Prince Al Hussein, 28, married Rajwa Al Saif, 29, the youngest daughter of Saudi businessman Khaled Al Saif. The wedding ceremony took place at Zahran Palace in downtown Amman in Jordan, followed by a motorcade of Land Rovers and a free concert to celebrate the nuptials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 1, 2023 9:48 PM

R5 Link?

by Anonymousreply 7June 1, 2023 9:49 PM

Bea and Edo are stepping out. Charles must have approved of Bea and Edo attending with Will and Kate.

by Anonymousreply 8June 1, 2023 9:50 PM

There have been rumors for years that Fergie sold off her tiara (which was her wedding gift from Elizabeth II and Prince Philip) to pay for her exorbitant lifestyle, because she's not worn it in decades. I'm glad to see that's not true.

[quote]Kate wearing Diana's tiara...

It was never actually Diana's tiara--she never actually owned it the way Fergie owns hers. That tiara was associated with Diana because she wore it more often than any other, but it was only loaned to her by Elizabeth II when Diana was married to Charles (just as now it has been loaned by the new King and Queen to Kate).

by Anonymousreply 9June 1, 2023 9:54 PM

Nice the Bea and her husband were invited. All the big deal European royalty were also there.

by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2023 10:00 PM

I wonder if Kate dislikes the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara as much as Diana reputedly did. It is supposedly heavy and makes a lot of noise as the pearls swing about.

I always wondered why Diana didn't just ask for a lighter and quieter tiara, since the Queen had so many. But it did look great on her.

by Anonymousreply 11June 1, 2023 10:02 PM

Bea's got a lot of clip-on hair extensions.

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2023 10:02 PM

Both Kate's dress and the bride's dress have shoulderpads. Are those finally coming back into style again for women?

by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2023 10:03 PM

R13, have they been in style for men?

by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2023 10:05 PM

King Abdullah is a stumpy nasty POS. The Royals shouldn't even be there.

He had his stepson, the chosen Crown Prince Hamzah, his Canadian wife and 6 kids put under house arrest for the last 2 years. They are imprisoned and watched 24/7. The deceased King Hussein designated Prince Hamzah as the Crown Prince, and Abdullah ll, his son from his first marriage, King. As soon as Pops was in the ground Abdullah overturned his wishes and made his own son crown prince and threw Hamzah out in the desert where he remains incommunicado.

by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2023 10:06 PM

On the thread about the wedding, someone posted that Beatrice and Edo are personal friends with the bride and groom.

by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2023 10:06 PM

It not "her mother's" tiara, it is the York tiara. Bea is as usual hit in the face.

by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2023 10:07 PM

"Working " royals working hard.😂

by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2023 10:07 PM

R15, isn’t Hamzah his half brother not his step son.

by Anonymousreply 19June 1, 2023 10:07 PM

R15 Yes! Thanks. Hamzah's mother is Lisa Halaby, the former Queen Noor.

by Anonymousreply 20June 1, 2023 10:11 PM

That was for R19

by Anonymousreply 21June 1, 2023 10:11 PM

[quote] It not "her mother's" tiara, it is the York tiara.

You are wrong:

[quote] The tiara has remained Sarah’s personal property even after her divorce from Prince Andrew.

The tiara is not owned by the York branch of the royal family in perpetuity; it is literally owned by Sarah Ferguson alone. She was given it as a wedding gift, and she got to keep it in the divorce. She could sell it if she wanted now and the Crown could do absolutely nothing about it--they have no claim on it, and nor do any future duchesses of York unless she chooses to give it to them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 1, 2023 10:12 PM

R15. I believe it's Abdullah's half-brother...the son of Hussein's American-born wife.

And he deserves more than house arrest. He was implicated in a Saudi-backed plot to overthrow Abdullah. And that plot had the unofficial backing of the racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile then in the White House.

Glad to see Bea and Kate in tiaras and on the guest list. Poor Mrs. Harry Mountbatten-Windsor of Montecito, CA, USA doesn't get to wear them!!!

The bridegroom is cute:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 1, 2023 10:13 PM

Beatrice and Edo meeting the king and queen of Jordan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 1, 2023 10:15 PM

[quote] As soon as Pops was in the ground Abdullah overturned his wishes and made his own son crown prince

That part of it was entirely Abdullah's right as the new King of Jordan.

New kings do not have to obey the wishes of the dead ones: [italic]"Le roi est mort; vive le roi."[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 25June 1, 2023 10:15 PM

The Princess of Wales's dress is perfect for the occasion. The color and style offer a nod to the nationalities of the bride and groom. It's not always about looking like your notion of propriety on the red carpet of some shit awards show, ladies.

Princess Beatrice looks like a starving horse with an overbite that was hit in the eyes with a bucket of coal dust.

by Anonymousreply 26June 1, 2023 10:17 PM

Edo is very cute. I much prefer him to any other men who relatively recently married into the British royal family.

by Anonymousreply 27June 1, 2023 10:18 PM

[quote] He was implicated in a Saudi-backed plot to overthrow Abdullah.

Right. You know all about it.

R25 He did not have the right to imprison him and his children, not even constitutionally. Hamzah's trial was a kangaroo court, he was not allowed any witnesses. They couldn't produce the recordings where Hamzah supposedly implicated himself.

by Anonymousreply 28June 1, 2023 10:24 PM

I actually think Beatrice looks lovely.

Apparently Eugenie is now in labour.

by Anonymousreply 29June 1, 2023 10:41 PM

R29's link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 1, 2023 11:03 PM

Wait a minute... BEA WORE WHITE LACE TO SOMEONE ELSE'S WEDDING??????????? I thought that was the absolute height of wedding gaucherie, the ultimate mean-girl move, an act usually staged by the kind of in-law who is never spoken to again!

Seriously, that's bright white, not even pale yellow or pink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 1, 2023 11:26 PM

I believe Carole Middleton and Pippa Mathews were in attendance. From what I've read, the British and Jordanian royal families are close, and now the Middletons are all up in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 1, 2023 11:55 PM

The Middleton's lived in Jordan when Kate was young and visit for vacation.

by Anonymousreply 33June 2, 2023 12:22 AM

What does the Middleton possess?

by Anonymousreply 34June 2, 2023 12:27 AM

[quote] [R25] He did not have the right to imprison him and his children, not even constitutionally.

At no point did I say that he did. I was very careful to which part of your post I replied.

But he absolutely [italic]did[/italic] have the right to name his own son rather than Prince Hamzah as the heir to the throne.

by Anonymousreply 35June 2, 2023 1:04 AM

I didn't like that puffy, oversized head/hairband that Kate's mother wore to the coronation. Pippa, the sister, looked nice, though.

by Anonymousreply 36June 2, 2023 1:09 AM

The Middletons living in Jordan 25 or 30 years means what?

by Anonymousreply 37June 2, 2023 1:17 AM

Good lord r30……she looks like the red queen from Alice in Wonderland

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 2, 2023 1:22 AM

Eugenie was enormous at the coronation.

I wonder what strange trendy name she'll give the baby.

by Anonymousreply 39June 2, 2023 4:59 AM

R31. Bea's dress was described as very pale blue, like an ice blue. Maybe it's not photographing as such, but It's not white.

by Anonymousreply 40June 2, 2023 5:18 AM

[quote]I wonder if Kate dislikes the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara as much as Diana reputedly did. It is supposedly heavy and makes a lot of noise as the pearls swing about.

I think you have redefined "First World Problem", R11.

The Cambridge Lovers' Knot is the closest tiara that exists to the Vladimir, and that is probably why Diana persisted with it. No way was QEII letting her get her mitts on the emeralds.

by Anonymousreply 41June 2, 2023 11:50 AM

Emeralds wouldn't have suited Diana anyway, pearls and sapphires were much more flattering to her bright blue eyes and creamy complexion.

The ultimate first world problem - picking the most flattering jewels out of the vault!

by Anonymousreply 42June 2, 2023 3:15 PM

Well, if Euge really is still in labour, that baby is taking their sweet time.

by Anonymousreply 43June 3, 2023 3:51 PM

Kate looks gorgeous.

And yes, R14. Yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 3, 2023 4:09 PM

[QUOTE]And he deserves more than house arrest. He was implicated in a Saudi-backed plot to overthrow Abdullah. And that plot had the unofficial backing of the racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile then in the White House.

That's interesting. MBS would have to be the one who ordered it and he was a guest at the wedding. Fraught good times! What a guest list. Ivanka, Jared, and Jill Biden were also there.

There had to be intelligence about an attempted overthrow for Abdullah to have taken such action. Maybe not from the U.S., but certainly MI6. The half-brother didn't have to admit to anything. Frankly, the way things go down in that region, detention and assassination are ways to get rid of pesky relatives in the line of succession. It worked out well for MBS. And what Western democracy would want MBS in charge of Jordan?

by Anonymousreply 45June 3, 2023 4:55 PM

Ugh, the York spawn are so very hard to look at.

Yeesh, make it stop please.

by Anonymousreply 46June 3, 2023 5:50 PM

[quote] There had to be intelligence about an attempted overthrow for Abdullah to have taken such action.

No. That's your excuse for taking such an action. Most knowledgable sources seriously doubt there was a coup plot.

What is clear is that for the first time in a long time there was unrest in the Kingdom. Experts surmise that Abdullah may have engineered this crisis both to silence Hamzah and to stifle the Jordanian public’s increasing public dissent against the crown. Abdullah is becoming increasingly repressive after the governments series of failed policies and mismanagement. After raising taxes on workers there were large street protests. Officials arrested 1,000 members of Jordan’s teacher’s union after it protested the shutdown of its offices by the regime. During the pandemic, a state-run hospital ran out of oxygen, leading to the death of six Covid-19 patients. Prince Hamzah went to the hospital before Abdullah got there. He also criticized the tax increases and corruption.

Abdullah likely wanted Hamzah arrested to send a message: Not even dissent from the royal family will be tolerated now.

It’s illegal in Jordan to criticize the king, but certain powerful people — like the prince — could get away with it. That seems to no longer be the case. “There’s a clear effort to silence all manner of dissent."

by Anonymousreply 47June 3, 2023 8:11 PM

That may be so, r47, but Hamzah would know better than to ever critique his brother the King in public. The Hashemites have always had a tenuous grip on the kingdom, he would know to keep his complaints private and within palace walls. If Abdullah were to go down, the entire family would be out. Hamzah wouldn't necessarily be put in as a replacement.

The unrest from Hamzah's branch of the family has been long-standing, and somewhat orchestrated by his mother Noor, who never got over her sons being passed over due to Hussein's premature death, as well as her eventual shut-out from court by Rania and the rest of the family. She was always viewed as controlling, pushy and an outsider by her older stepkids, once Abdullah was settled in as King and Rania pretty much in full power at Court, she was out and had to pretty much move back to the US. Her children unfortunately were shut out as well, but that's the breaks.

by Anonymousreply 48June 3, 2023 9:00 PM

Didn’t Old, Dead King Hussein have at least 20 children?

by Anonymousreply 49June 3, 2023 9:12 PM

So was there or wasn't there a coup in the works ordered by MBS and supported by Trump and Kushner? It sounds plausible.

by Anonymousreply 50June 3, 2023 9:22 PM

[quote] The ultimate first world problem - picking the most flattering jewels out of the vault!

Lucky Meghan. She was only faced with this problem once, and in that instance Grandmama chose for her.

And now she will never have to face this problem again.

by Anonymousreply 51June 3, 2023 9:28 PM

I always thought King Hussein was really naive to believe his family would accept Hamzah as Abdullah's Crown prince after his own death. It was one thing for Ibn Saud to insist all his sons by different mothers would succeed him in turn, but Hussein was nowhere near as revered nor as legendary in Jordan as Ibn Saud was in Saudi Arabia.

Moreover, Hamzeh's mother was an American, and was never much liked by the other Hashemites.

by Anonymousreply 52June 3, 2023 9:38 PM

R48 I don't know that we disagree on that much although I don't know why you would characterize the Hashemite's rule of Jordan 'tenuous" given that it's one of the most stable and long lasting in the region. Yes there's an old rivalry between the Saudis and Hashemites and more recent periods of tension (the Saudis were not pleased Abdullah ll refused to participate in their brutal Yemen intervention, or Abdullah's friendship with Saddam Hussein) but a regime change? Still have not seen any plausible proof or even a good reason for something so drastic. During the drama support for Abdullah poured in from the U.S. and Arab countries. The evidence for Israel involvement is risible.

Hamzah made a huge mistake criticizing the government and appearing to stoke opposition from the tribes. Ejected from the line of succession he tried to make a role for himself as an anti-corruption activist. Not the right move in a Dictatorship, not even a 'liberal' one.

by Anonymousreply 53June 3, 2023 10:10 PM

It's ice blue, r31. You can see it in the Tatler article, maybe 4/7 the way down the page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 5, 2023 4:36 AM

Bea's looking good. That dress (thanks for the link, R54) is lovely.

In fact, at the link, we see both beautiful dresses that Beatrice wore.

by Anonymousreply 55June 5, 2023 5:48 PM

Dare I say that Bea was better dressed than Catherine on this occasion? Both dresses were smashing.

Mary looks frumpy in the first photo with the PoW. And poor Amalia has gained even more weight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 5, 2023 6:11 PM

^^ Leave Amalia alone.

What about Queen Maxima's cleavage?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 5, 2023 6:27 PM

I didn't pick on Amalia. Merely pointing out the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 58June 6, 2023 3:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!