Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Thoughts and prayers for TALLULAH WILLIS : diagnosed with borderline personality disorder

Tallulah Willis was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder after seeking in-patient treatment.

The “The Whole Ten Yards” actress wrote in an essay for Vogue that her parents, Bruce Willis and Demi Moore, stepped in and sent her to Driftwood Recovery in Texas in June 2022 after her fiancé, Dillon Buss, ended their engagement and she started struggling with anorexia again.

It was there that she was diagnosed with BPD.

“I was introduced to a variety of therapies, my medication was retooled, and I was given a new diagnosis: Borderline Personality Disorder, an illness that impairs the ability to regulate emotions and find stability in relationships,” the 29-year-old explained.

According to the Cleveland Clinic, borderline personality disorder is a “mental health condition” that causes people to have “extreme mood swings, unstable relationships and trouble controlling their emotions.”

Tallulah said she was treated and left Texas four months later feeling “a lot better.”

“I realized that what I wanted more than harmony with my body was harmony with my family — to no longer worry them, to bring a levity to my sisters and my parents,” she explained.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 1, 2023 8:51 PM

This is sad but good that she's getting help.

It's too bad because she probably also has to worry about having whatever degenerative brain thing her father has.

by Anonymousreply 1June 1, 2023 3:31 PM

Her goal is to fit through the eye of a needle.

by Anonymousreply 2June 1, 2023 3:31 PM

These kids have striking semi beautiful features. Perhaps a college education, a job in the real-world would have made them successful young women. Alas..

by Anonymousreply 3June 1, 2023 3:34 PM

I wouldn't exactly brag about being diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. Those people are insufferable, and personality disorders aren't physiological/neurological in nature the way that say, schizophrenia is.

I guess the important thing for her is is that she's getting attention.

by Anonymousreply 4June 1, 2023 3:34 PM

R3 - Stevie Wonder.

by Anonymousreply 5June 1, 2023 3:36 PM

I'm not understanding why this younger generation feels the need to share everything with the public these days.

Throughout Hollywood history, there have been hundreds of stars who have suffered through 'disorders' and other physical ailments and kept it to themselves and brought it to their graves. Sure, there were rumors about them and unconfirmed reports (for the most part), but Hollywood used to know how to keep private things private.

by Anonymousreply 6June 1, 2023 3:38 PM

He discovered she had borderline Perdonality disorder while in treatment for anorexia ...lifestyles of the Rich and Famous

by Anonymousreply 7June 1, 2023 3:39 PM

She's automatically entered in the Malady Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 8June 1, 2023 3:52 PM

These morons need to learn that this is a diagnosis to keep under your hat. Borderlines are dangerous people. This isn’t depression or anxiety. She thinks this will make HER look like a victim and she’ll get some social currency in return.

Furthermore, BPD is an old diagnosis that is rarely used anymore.

by Anonymousreply 9June 1, 2023 3:52 PM

Chin up, Tallulah!

by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2023 4:19 PM

NINETY PERCENT OF HOLLYWOOD HAS BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER

by Anonymousreply 11June 1, 2023 4:21 PM

You rang?

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2023 4:23 PM

There is a ton of stigma around Borderline Personality Disorder, largely because people with untreated BPD can do so much damage. However, it can be successfully treated with Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, especially if a person receives these interventions early enough to avoid decades of unstable behavior. Tallulah being open about her diagnosis and the fact that she’s seeking help might encourage other young people struggling in similar ways to get help for their issues. She’s not someone who necessarily needs to worry about blowback from disclosing a mental health condition. She’s rich, she can easily find employment through personal connections if she wants to work, her family and social circle includes people who have publicly discussed all sorts of personal problems over the years.

I never thought the Willis girls would prove themselves useful in any way, but there’s not much at stake for Tallulah in disclosing this and it’s a good opportunity to raise awareness of BPD treatment. Many people don’t realize BPD can be treated.

by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2023 4:41 PM

R9 as a mood disordered nut, I’ve met bunches of people dx’d with bpd at inpatient and outpatient facilities in the past decade.

by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2023 4:41 PM

[quote]Tallulah being open about her diagnosis and the fact that she’s seeking help might encourage other young people struggling in similar ways to get help for their issues.

Most likely, we will get thousands of Zoomers 'influenced' by her and walk around saying they have BPD - through 'self-diagnosis', of course. If it gets Tallulah attention, it will get them attention on social media, too. How many clicks are waiting for them ?

by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2023 4:57 PM

R13 Knowing the people with Borderline and the duration they've been doing DBT or CBT it is almost a masturbatory habit for them, as are the dramas they concoct.

by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2023 4:57 PM

While I feel bad for her having this, why is she "celebrating" it? It's so strange to me.

by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2023 5:00 PM

She wears a tee shirt in one photo which says across her chest, " I have what Winona Rider had in 'Girl Interrupted' ".

Imagine if male sex addicts had tees made that said "I do what Donald Trump does to women", and wore them in public?

by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2023 5:11 PM

If they're more of them (even "self-disgnosed"), maybe they will finally date one another R15, instead of foisting their batshittery, tantrums, and stalking on others.

by Anonymousreply 19June 1, 2023 5:50 PM

R19 - Great idea ! Let them date one another and eventually 'procreate' to have spawn who will then come out as BPD, etc. and blame their parents.

by Anonymousreply 20June 1, 2023 6:46 PM

R10 is a nasty (but kind of) funny bitch.

by Anonymousreply 21June 1, 2023 7:25 PM

Is she cisgendered? Never know these days.

by Anonymousreply 22June 1, 2023 7:29 PM

I've been saying this for a decade.

Where's my $300?

by Anonymousreply 23June 1, 2023 7:33 PM

These girls are all attention seekers

by Anonymousreply 24June 1, 2023 7:43 PM

Lens Dunham one-upping her 3...2...1...

by Anonymousreply 25June 1, 2023 7:49 PM

BPD is not “rarely diagnosed anymore.” I’d venture a guess that is more diagnosed than ever, with social trends being what they are. I’m glad this young lady is getting help. DBT can work wonders.

by Anonymousreply 26June 1, 2023 7:51 PM

[quote] Imagine if male sex addicts had tees made that said "I do what Donald Trump does to women", and wore them in public?

A sex addict won't necessarily sexually assault someone. A sex addict can be having 100% consensual sex.

by Anonymousreply 27June 1, 2023 7:54 PM

Inpatient eating disorder treatment is a great place to encounter a whole helluva lot of BPD. I give her credit for using the proper terminology. BPD has enough negative connotations that it's not infrequently spun as cPTSD by patients who don't want to admit they have both.

by Anonymousreply 28June 1, 2023 8:17 PM

What does Susan Dey say?

by Anonymousreply 29June 1, 2023 8:19 PM

Did they all inherit this shit from their mother? Demi is a crazy bitch and she's always been a crazy bitch. Their father just has Alzheimer's, they can inherit that too but at least he's not fucking crazy.

Is this supposed to be their excuse for never working or having careers? Daddy just has to pay for them forever because they have weird personality disorders?

Ugh. What awful people these Willis girls are, no wonder everyone dislikes them.

by Anonymousreply 30June 1, 2023 8:29 PM

[quote]A sex addict can be having 100% consensual sex.

And those who aren't can be going up to women and grabbing their genitalia.

by Anonymousreply 31June 1, 2023 8:33 PM

I have no spoons to care.

by Anonymousreply 32June 1, 2023 8:35 PM

[quote] as a mood disordered nut, I’ve met bunches of people dx’d

Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 33June 1, 2023 8:49 PM

Poor Bruce. I’d still fuck him, he just wouldn’t know it. 🫤

by Anonymousreply 34June 1, 2023 8:50 PM

Le snore. At least her parents had talent and made piles of money.

by Anonymousreply 35June 1, 2023 8:51 PM

I, a wildly untrained clinical diagnostician who makes snap judgements of wack-o coworkers, have had two coworkers who I have deemed to have BPD. If said coworkers are any indication, Mlle Willis is announcing to the world that her narcissism and sociopathic tendencies will lead her to undercut those with whom she associates for fun, to see them suffer, to get others in trouble at work, proclaim innocence when money is stolen, hatch diabolical schemes to sew discord, and ultimately leave a trail of toxicity in her wake.

All this is extensible from an eating disorder? Who knew!

by Anonymousreply 36June 1, 2023 8:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!