Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Zoomer confesses: “I get paid a bomb salary to talk to no one, take breaks whenever I want and be an office baddie.”

Sitting around and getting paid to do nothing? A dream job at its finest!

A woman went viral on TikTok after claiming she gets paid the “big bucks” to sit around and do practically nothing at her office job.

The Tiktoker, who goes by the name Dani, bragged to viewers that her “‘lazy girl office job” is simply what she was born for — claiming she gets paid to talk to no one.

“I get paid a bomb salary to talk to no one, take breaks whenever I want and be an office baddie.”

The TikToker was not specific about what the job is or how much she makes.

Aside from boasting about her easy gig, Dani encouraged viewers to find their own “lazy” job.

“Get yourself an office job sis,” the influencer said in the video that’s now garnered over 1.6 million views.

Users under the viral clip flooded the comment section, where some could even attest to their experience working these types of office desk jobs.

“My first job ever and it was honestly the best. I loved being alone inputting invoices, organizing and stuff 😂,” a replier reminisced.

“This is me at my job. I appreciate my job so much 🤍,” another said.

Though for some, it’s not all sunshine and rainbows when it comes to working these “‘lazy girl office jobs” that others seem to love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 2, 2023 12:17 PM

Where is a good grease fire when you need it?

by Anonymousreply 1June 1, 2023 3:22 PM

I'm telling you - we're doomed. RIP "The Silent Generation" - we miss your work values terribly.

by Anonymousreply 2June 1, 2023 3:30 PM

Oh please, let's not act like this started with Zoomers (OP just tagged that on for click bait). Lazy bitches have been holding these type jobs forever. I lot of them get the jobs by sleeping with people

by Anonymousreply 3June 1, 2023 3:41 PM

Young women don't get paid "bomb salaries" to do nothing. She's sucking and fucking somebody, or several somebodies.

by Anonymousreply 4June 1, 2023 3:48 PM

And now she’s brought attention to the fact she will likely get fired.

by Anonymousreply 5June 1, 2023 3:50 PM

R2 "The Silent Generation" are some of the laziest asshats I've known. Every person born before 1960 that I have worked with were lazy, whiny, complainers who expected everyone else to do their work.

by Anonymousreply 6June 1, 2023 3:50 PM

R6 "The Silent Generation" was born between 1928 and 1945.

How many 78 to 95 year-olds do you work with?

by Anonymousreply 7June 1, 2023 3:53 PM

Anyone who says "bomb" is an asshole and possibly a plant, do people still say that word that was fucking stupid 30 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 8June 1, 2023 3:56 PM

r8 it's not "the bomb" like it was 30 years ago, now it's just "bomb"

by Anonymousreply 9June 1, 2023 4:12 PM

She's a hoor.

by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2023 4:14 PM

Thank you, Rupert/OP, for bringing this to our attention.

by Anonymousreply 11June 1, 2023 4:29 PM

Sounds pretty darn boring. I hope she at least gets to suck off the boys in sales.

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2023 4:50 PM

I wonder whether her boss or her company realizes they pay her to do nothing and take breaks.

by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2023 5:00 PM

Yes, let's sympathize about the tragic loss of work ethic in Gen Z (which mainly seems to be an expectation for the working class lower rungs, but not those sitting pretty at the top). Poor corporate management - is your archaic status quo continuing to crumble? Too bad. This younger person might be annoying and unreliable, but if she's taking advantage of the dreary corporate structure by making their own easy path, then more power to her. Get that money, girl, and who the fuck cares whether it's "appropriate" in the opinions of the dinosaurs.

by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2023 5:31 PM

Buck never would've taken a job in an office.

by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2023 5:33 PM

She doesn’t seem that lazy. Constant duckface selfies sounds exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2023 5:34 PM

[quote]Get that money, girl, and who the fuck cares whether it's "appropriate" in the opinions of the dinosaurs.

R14 is a major part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2023 5:36 PM

There's a mattress under her desk for "bed rotting" breaks.

by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2023 5:37 PM

HA R18!

by Anonymousreply 19June 1, 2023 5:38 PM

That's always been a thing (hell, my uncle used to brag about hiding in an auto factory, taking naps) but Idk why you'd brag about it openly to the entire internet. It's either an exaggeration or true, but either one is a good way to get fired.

by Anonymousreply 20June 1, 2023 5:41 PM

Big deal and nothing new. The dumb bitch SHOULD KEEP HER WHORE MOUTH SHUT.

After college before grad school, I worked an entire year at AT&T and it took me 3 weeks to figure out that I had no job to do and they wanted me to keep my mouth shut about it. This was in the early 90s. A tower on 42nd street. I was a place holder of a line in a staffing budget. After a month my "boss" told me "that's right, you look pretty busy, keep it up and don't discuss your job with your colleagues, this could go on for months." At the time, offices had a lot of equipment poor people didn't have at home. I used the time for a myriad of projects. It was heaven.

by Anonymousreply 21June 1, 2023 5:42 PM

25 years ago I had a job in the tax department of a large investment firm.

9 months out of the year were crazy busy but there were always 2-3 months that were dead. Those months were excruciating. I hated being bored and having to “pretend” to work all day.

by Anonymousreply 22June 1, 2023 5:43 PM

Yeah I agree R22, I'd rather have stuff to do than be a bored clock watcher. It goes by too slow.

by Anonymousreply 23June 1, 2023 5:51 PM

Wait till the boss finds out.

by Anonymousreply 24June 1, 2023 6:09 PM

R24 If her boss is a Zoomer or Millennial, chances are they're not going to give two shits. If her boss is a boomer or Gen Xer, and calls her out on this - she will revert to 'you're bullying me' and report him / her to HR. She will make sure she cries in HR and says he / she hurt her feelings. HR will then let her work at home remotely (where she will really do nothing) and the boss will be 'written up'.

by Anonymousreply 25June 1, 2023 6:52 PM

I find the yellow legal pad very suspicious. This is just a cheap whore trying to make a splash in social media. She don't have a job.

by Anonymousreply 26June 1, 2023 6:59 PM

r26 was she taking it too far with the yellow legal pad? lol

by Anonymousreply 27June 1, 2023 8:58 PM

We only want the very best for our daughter, which is why we gave her a high paying/no work job.

by Anonymousreply 28June 1, 2023 9:04 PM

Well she's going to learn something from making it known she's lazy and well paid. Humility . When you have it good keep it to yourself and get it while you can. Shes probably fucked it up and will now be back in the headwinds of the shit job.

by Anonymousreply 29June 1, 2023 9:05 PM

bomb salary AND unlimited breaks? girl is hourly. salary doesn't worry about reported breaks.

by Anonymousreply 30June 1, 2023 9:18 PM

People who come from poor families don’t get jobs like this. Life is rigged from the start

by Anonymousreply 31June 1, 2023 9:24 PM

This is not new.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 1, 2023 9:28 PM

Stop posting stuff from this right wing rag!

by Anonymousreply 33June 1, 2023 9:28 PM

R33 Nope.

by Anonymousreply 34June 2, 2023 12:58 AM

Silents we’re born through 1946, then Boomers from ‘47 through 1963.

This young lady from Generation Zero makes me nervous.

by Anonymousreply 35June 2, 2023 2:27 AM

^were born. Oops.

by Anonymousreply 36June 2, 2023 2:28 AM

Boomers ended in 1964, not 1963 (though some even say as late as 1969).

by Anonymousreply 37June 2, 2023 2:29 AM

If she gets fired, she can get a job at Archewell.

by Anonymousreply 38June 2, 2023 4:53 AM

Happily I retired before Gen Z started infesting the workplace, but I knew several millennials, who either worked for me or for one of my peers, that the company would have gladly paid to talk to no-one and take frequent breaks. Unfortunately most of them thought they should be running the place and we all had to listen constantly and unbidden to their "ideas", which were worthy of Philomena Cunk.

by Anonymousreply 39June 2, 2023 12:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!