Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Royal Wedding News.

Is it common for British Royals to attend Arab Royal weddings?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 1, 2023 5:51 PM

Yes, if they need attention.

by Anonymousreply 1June 1, 2023 2:30 PM

And Hello! magazine!

by Anonymousreply 2June 1, 2023 2:32 PM

Is American Queen Noor still married to the Jordanian

by Anonymousreply 3June 1, 2023 2:34 PM

After the Jordanian King and Queen came to both Queen Elizabeth’s funeral AND the coronation, yeah. Will and Kate have to be there. Plus this is soft diplomacy with the most Western-like Arab nation. It’s just smart.

by Anonymousreply 4June 1, 2023 2:51 PM

I had to decline my invitation but I sent them a nice banana with a note on it

by Anonymousreply 5June 1, 2023 2:59 PM

Great, Meghan was mentioned.

And it only took 5 posts.

by Anonymousreply 6June 1, 2023 3:25 PM

No, never, OP. The British Royals are intensely private people and rarely appear in public. They're all terrified of flying, too.

by Anonymousreply 7June 1, 2023 3:31 PM

Is Kate ever going to cut her hair? It looks so weird to have hair that long when you're in your forties. It's time either for a shorter cut or to pile it atop her head like Princess Anne.

by Anonymousreply 8June 1, 2023 3:36 PM

I wonder is Kate will lead the traditional post-ceremony ululation?

by Anonymousreply 9June 1, 2023 3:40 PM

Bags of money are usually exchanged at these affairs. Ask Charles and Trump

by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2023 4:06 PM

In addition to what r4 said, the Jordanian RF has close ties to the UK. King Abdullah's mother is British and his children, including a daughter, attended Sandhurst.

by Anonymousreply 11June 1, 2023 4:23 PM

[quote]Is Kate ever going to cut her hair? It looks so weird to have hair that long when you're in your forties. It's time either for a shorter cut or to pile it atop her head like Princess Anne.

Why do so many gay men insist every woman over 40 who still has her long, healthy hair should lop it off just because she's passed some arbitrary age delimiter?

Then you want to bitch and laugh at all the lesbian butch cuts, or straight women and their "Let me speak to the manager" or thinning menopausal haircuts.

What's your damage?

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2023 4:28 PM

In addition to the Wales, Beatrice and Edo were there seated immediately behind them. Just one picture of the crowd with Beatrice blocked and only Edo's head showing so I didn't bother to link from Twitter. The audience was so squished in.

by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2023 4:33 PM

R8 = Don Lemon

by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2023 4:46 PM

[quote]Is it common for British Royals to attend Arab Royal weddings?

Only when it was part of a negotiated deal for the Arab Royal to attend the coronation of an unpopular King who might otherwise not have very many important people attending.

by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2023 5:03 PM

R8 I'm just a really big Crystal Gale fan.

by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2023 5:07 PM

The Middletons lived in Jordan back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2023 5:09 PM

In the blurry photos the blush pink dress does Kate's figure no favors. And Bea wore white to someone else's wedding? Does the black belt negate the faux-pas?

by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2023 5:28 PM

Beatrice is actually personal friends with the groom, who attended school in the UK. William and Kate are there to represent the UK as future monarchs, they are the UK "Crown Prince/Princess" attending the Crown Prince of Jordan's wedding, which is usually how that works.

by Anonymousreply 19June 1, 2023 5:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!