Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kim Kardashian Crosses Picket Line Into American Horror Story: WGA Strike

Kim, there’s people that are striking. Kim Kardashian reportedly crossed the Writers Guild of America picket line to film the upcoming season of American Horror Story. “Sad to report that Kim Kardashian crossed our midtown picket line today,” WGA strike captain Warren Leight tweeted on May 31. “Ushered past us into a freight elevator in her chauffeured Escalade. Writers aren’t keeping up, but Kim Krossed Our Line.” He later added that, though working actors are required to act through June 30, which means she is not scabbing (or, in her case, skabbing), Kardashian had leverage that she did not use. “We set up a line, she was driven past it into a waiting freight elevator,” Leight told the Daily Beast. “Building security guard put on a bulletproof vest, which seemed over the top.”

AHS creator Ryan Murphy has shown his support for the striking writers by contributing to a $1.7 million relief fund. The upcoming 12th season of AHS, which itself has been to the bargaining table when fans unionized, is subtitled Delicate and will be based on Danielle Valentine’s novel of the same name. The show has been filming in New York since April, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The WGA previously shut down production on the season on May 3, according to WGA member Kaitlin Fontana. Vulture reached out to Kardashian and FX for comment. If the reality star’s a SAG member, maybe she’ll be seen striking a pose on the front lines for its potential strike?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 22, 2023 1:41 AM

A human scab, in every way.

by Anonymousreply 1June 1, 2023 1:52 PM

She is a vile person with zero redeeming qualities. The world is worse with her in it. I hate how much she influences little girls and young women.

by Anonymousreply 2June 1, 2023 1:58 PM

These writers are overpaid hacks who need to fuck off already.

Actors are free to work. This is a non-story.

by Anonymousreply 3June 1, 2023 1:58 PM

The only ones who are overpaid are the pig producers and the big-name actors.

Also, she isn't an actress, so your point is moot.

by Anonymousreply 4June 1, 2023 2:06 PM

Trash.

Lixo.

Basura.

Müll.

Poubelle.

Spazzatura.

ごみ.

垃圾.

Σκουπίδια.

by Anonymousreply 5June 1, 2023 2:14 PM

I dislike the Kardashians as much as any sane person, but did other actors not also have to cross the picket line to shoot?

Did Sarah Paulson cross the picket line?

A building I worked in was doing MAJOR construction and added a whole floor to the top of the building and one morning I showed up and it was being picketed by a carpenters union for not hiring union workers. I won’t cross a picket line, so from downstairs outside, I emailed my boss and told her there was a picket line, I don’t cross them, and I was headed back home and would work from there until they were gone. And I didn’t go into my office for almost two weeks (and this was almost 15 years ago-way before work from home became acceptable due to COVID). And she was very understanding and I caught her before she got to work so she stayed home too (although she did go in once because she needed something from her office, but she told the picketers she was only going in to get it and leave because she supported them and they were cool about it). But I remember standing outside with one of the other professors (this was a University, but the school had outgrown its campus and our entire department was in a rented office building where we took up 7 of the floors) and she was debating going in, but she also decided not too.

And before anyone says “you couldn’t email from a phone 15 years ago!” Yes you could. There were these ancient relics called “blackberries” that had keypads.and I wish I still had that instead of an iPhone.

by Anonymousreply 6June 1, 2023 2:17 PM

R6, the physical act of walking across a picket line isn’t the point. You continued to work, albeit from another location, so you did indeed cross that picket line, if not physically.

by Anonymousreply 7June 1, 2023 2:29 PM

Didn’t Yee POZ her? Allegedly. Rumored.

by Anonymousreply 8June 1, 2023 2:37 PM

[quote] Kim Kardashian Crosses Picket Line

If it's good enough for woke progressives like Joy, Whoopi, and Sunny it's good enough for Kim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 1, 2023 3:13 PM

She wore a bullet proof vest to cross the picket line?!

by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2023 3:46 PM

[quote]She wore a bullet proof vest to cross the picket line?!

Just shoot her in the ass, you'll scare her, but she won't die.

by Anonymousreply 11June 1, 2023 5:37 PM

I don't know why anyone is surprised by this; this seems very on brand, not just for her, but the whole family (you too, Brucilla!)

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2023 6:08 PM

She looks gorgeous in OP photo. I love KK.

by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2023 6:10 PM

[quote]She looks gorgeous in OP photo. I love KK.

Well, she is your daughter.

by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2023 6:13 PM

Remember that time Kim K got up on stage at a Prince concert and refused to dance?

What a lummox.

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2023 6:56 AM

SCAB

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2023 7:32 AM

“there’s people that are striking”

Oy.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2023 10:59 AM

Remember that time Kim K got up on stage at a Prince concert and refused to dance?

That would have actually raised my opinion of her. Some people just shouldn't and when they fake it, it shows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2023 11:53 AM

[quote][R6], the physical act of walking across a picket line isn’t the point. You continued to work, albeit from another location, so you did indeed cross that picket line, if not physically.

Fuck off, Tony Woodard. I did not cross that pocket line physically, or in spirit. Our office, which we did not own, had to continue to pay rent on a space that I did not use to work. HR was aware that most of the staff and faculty were not going into the building. That they did not own. They were the ones that contacted the building owners to complain.

Go be a troll somewhere else

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2023 1:09 PM

Well, color me astonished. I thought she had such high ethics.

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2023 2:15 PM

She’s an actress, not a writer morons.

by Anonymousreply 21June 21, 2023 11:30 PM

Her ass, however, arrived 15 minutes later.

by Anonymousreply 22June 21, 2023 11:34 PM

R13 is worse than Aaron Schock

by Anonymousreply 23June 21, 2023 11:39 PM

Soulless

by Anonymousreply 24June 21, 2023 11:43 PM

[quote] She is a vile person with zero redeeming qualities. The world is worse with her in it.

This isn’t even within the realm of being true. Get some perspective. Or don’t. Either way, the woman has done far more good in the world than you ever will, so who are you to criticize?

by Anonymousreply 25June 21, 2023 11:47 PM

R25 shut up

by Anonymousreply 26June 21, 2023 11:49 PM

She gave me my ass implants.

by Anonymousreply 27June 21, 2023 11:49 PM

The private jet could go down with the entire bloodline onboard and nothing of value would be lost.

by Anonymousreply 28June 21, 2023 11:56 PM

R10 Those are useless these days when people tend to aim for a head shot. And not the kind of head shot a Kardashian-Jenner is used to taking.

by Anonymousreply 29June 22, 2023 12:00 AM

Why would she care? She's not a writer.

NOW, where are the lights? Where is my script?...

by Anonymousreply 30June 22, 2023 12:50 AM

The difference between Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian is that Paris actually has a personality and a tiny bit of talent.

Not to mention she's more intelligent than she lets on. Also she has perfume and product lines that she actually played a hand in developing.

Kim is just basically the real life version of what Paris pretends to be only bland. She merely slaps her name on products and calls it a day.

Whereas Paris accepts her limits and only ocassionally dabbles in fields that require talent. Kim is convinced she can do what everyone else can do only better. She thinks she can act, model and practice law.

While Paris isn't a major style icon she has a much better stylist than Kim has. Her house also looks like something you can live in compared to the cold sterile minimalist compound Kim lives in (which I'm pretty sure Kanye played a major hand in designing).

by Anonymousreply 31June 22, 2023 1:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!