Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Actor Danny Masterson Found Guilty Of Raping Two Women

This was the second trial for the 47-year-old actor and Scientologist. Prosecutors said Scientology officials protected Masterson for years after he drugged and sexually assaulted the women. The women, who were also Scientologists, testified that the church barred them from making reports to police.

Jurors deliberated for 8 days before returning their verdict. Minutes after it was read, Masterson was placed in handcuffs and removed from the courtroom while his wife, former actor and model Bijou Phillips, cried, according to the AP. The judge did not announce a sentencing date but said a hearing would be held on Aug. 4. Masterson must remain in jail without bail until then. He could be sentenced to 30 years to life in prison for the crimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 5, 2023 2:03 AM

The original trial ended on Nov. 30, 2022, with the jury deadlocked on all counts after extended deliberations, which had to be restarted when two jurors got COVID.

Masterson pleaded not guilty to the charges and didn’t testify in his own defense in either trial.

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2023 11:19 PM

I never liked him even back on that 70's show, I guess my intuition was right.

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2023 11:23 PM

Late to the party OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2023 11:26 PM

^^ My thread is better.

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2023 11:30 PM

They are family with Chynna Phillips who is married to a Baldwin. Kooky family marries kooky family. Chynna is a Jesus freak.

What Michelle Phillips is up to today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2023 11:40 PM

I feel sorry for Bijou.

by Anonymousreply 6June 1, 2023 12:06 AM

Bijou has always come off as a brat to me

by Anonymousreply 7June 1, 2023 12:32 AM

Feel sorry for Bijou R6? She knows what he is.

by Anonymousreply 8June 1, 2023 12:38 AM

Bijou was outed in 2017 as a homophobic cunt:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 1, 2023 1:49 AM

[quote]‪DANIEL FRANZESE: On my first film “Bully” I was harassed by Bijou Phillips the entire shoot. She body shamed me and ridiculed me about my sexuality‬ and physically assaulted me… It started with a lot of eye‪ ‬rolling whenever we spoke but‪ ‬escalated when we did a cast shoot for the poster‪.‬ ‪A‬s we were shooting she kept loudly saying “Are you gay?!” and laughing‪ while ‬the producers‪ ‬and photographer did nothing‪ ‬to stop her but some of my cast like Micheal Pitt and Brad Renfro kept telling her to shut up‪ ‬but she continued to say “Are You Gay?!” Like 10 times making sure to be loud enough for everyone to hear I reluctantly told her i was bi. Which at the time was how I was choosing to‪ ‬identify as “Q” wasn’t known to be an option yet and to be honest I don’t know that I had many gay experiences at the time my life. I was an extremely late bloomer. She cackled and‪ said “HA! He’s bi!” And then when I showed up to work the next day in front of the crew she was screaming “Oh look! The Bi guy is here!” ‬‪I was playing straight in the film and in life and so fearful of my job because it was my first movie. Later on in the production I had a scene where my character had to take his shirt off. It was an extremely vulnerable moment for me because I was not at all the type of guy comfortable with taking my clothes off in front of anyone at that point in my life. I was the chubby kid who wore his shirt in the pool. So I take my shirt off in the scene and she breaks character and she pointed at my body and at the top of her lungs yelled “Ewwww gross!!!” She laughed and pointed at me and continued to berate me. they call cut and I had to walk off set to collect myself. Brad Renfro (RIP) started crying and he followed me off set grabbed my face and kissed me. He told me not to listen to her that I was beautiful and such a great actor etc and i loved him and respected him so much for that moment. We continued on with my scene and she made taunting faces during all of our camera coverage prompting Brad to yell “Someone give me a real actress!” It’s an odd thing but when you are afraid to show your body being and pointed at and laughed at could possibly be the worst thing that can happen. In the long run I grew from that moment and since the worst already happened I have never been afraid to take of my shirt since. That day when it happened was brutal though. Bijou was dating our costar Nick Stahl at the time and the next day he told me he had a long talk with her that night and she was going to apologize... When i opened the the door she was on top of Nick in the trailer and appeared to be having sex. She laughed as I awkwardly slammed the door shut. The look on Nick’s face suggested he didn’t know I was headed in but the look on hers suggested she did. Later she pulled me aside and said “I’m sorry if I offended you. You actually remind me of someone.” She said Carnie Wilson who is in her sisters band Wilson Phillips at the time was well know for her weight issues in the media. It was meant to be a insult. She then grabbed my nipple and twisted it hard through my shirt and laughed and walked away. I stopped talking to her for the rest of filming. When we shot one of our last scenes in a court room she was walking around barefoot and the bottom of her feet were black with dirt. She was sitting behind me and kept rubbing her dirty feet on my neck. I kept swiveling the chair to move away from her and she kicked me as hard as she could in the back of the head. To this day I’m not even sure if she gave me a concussion because I was light headed and dizzy for a while. On the last day of filming our costume designer said Bijou burned her with a cigarette and I watched Bijou pelt the costume trailer with a carton of eggs. Youll notice at the end of the film Bijuo is credited with her own costumes. Bad behavior is constantly rewarded in Hollywood but Hollywood got her number pretty quickly and she was wrapped 10 weeks early from her next movie Almost Famous.

by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2023 1:59 AM

Yep she's not nice and her voice is horrible

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 1, 2023 2:13 AM

Daniel Franzese sounds like a puss.

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2023 2:21 AM

Bijou and Danny sound like a great match made in hell.

by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2023 2:23 AM

Unfortunately they have spawned a kid

by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2023 2:25 AM

R9 Everyone was a homophobic cunt in 2017. Where were you?

by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2023 3:55 AM

[quote]r9 Everyone was a homophobic cunt in 2017.

Were you?

by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2023 4:25 AM

BULLY is a great film. It sucks she was such a twat but I'm glad to hear Brad Renfro was so caring and protective.

Too bad he's gone and she's still here.

by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2023 4:31 AM

R17 In the 2003 film "Octane" (also known as "Pulse") you can also see Bijou Phillips starring as Bijou Phillips.

by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2023 4:37 AM

It's strange Mama Michelle is the last living member of the group. Is Chynna still the only one that has anything to do with batshit crazy Mac Phillips? That family makes the O'Neils seem loving and sane.

by Anonymousreply 19June 1, 2023 4:45 AM

She sounds like a complete sociopath. He’s clearly a monster. Nice pair!

by Anonymousreply 20June 1, 2023 8:12 AM

Poor Michelle has lost nearly all of her hair at r5. She just has whisks of gray with the light outlining her skull.

Bijou, as described at r10, was engaging in "bull baiting" a cult approved and promoted practice of maligning, belittling, humiliating, and trying to bring down perceived enemies of the cult by any means necessary. Look up the origins of the term and it will make perfect sense.

According to Tony Ortega's Substack, Bijou let out "a wail and cried" when the verdict was read. The judge had to ask her to regain her composure. Per comments in Ortega's Underground Bunker blog, another courtroom observer witnessed an ebullient Masterson family outside the courtroom earlier in the morning, the implication clearly being that they expected another hung jury. Nope.

by Anonymousreply 21June 1, 2023 8:35 AM

I swear that long before I knew anything about Masterson, such as he was a scientologist, I couldn’t stand him. I hated seeing him pop up here and there in a movie or TV show. He just had a very smug arrogant quality I could not stand. I’m glad the women got justice, but the whole thing feels tragic to me.

I read Mackenzie’s book and it was wild how John Phillips and that ditz (Bijou’s mom, forgot her name) lived their lives. Just unbelievably callous and indifferent to everyone but themselves. It went beyond drug addiction. John was a disgusting human being. That came through loud and clear even though Mackenzie worshipped him and expresses no hatred or resentment towards him in the book.

My point is, Bijou had no real upbringing. I’m not saying everyone should have tolerated her shitty behavior, but she came by her shit personality honestly, if that makes sense. Look at who her role models were.

by Anonymousreply 22June 1, 2023 8:54 AM

^whisps, not whisks at r21. Damn, menopause and aging devastates some women badly. Poor Michelle's hair loss is worse than Lydia Bastanich's.

by Anonymousreply 23June 1, 2023 9:01 AM

I read that one woman thinks they even poisoned her dog to send a message. If that's true, that's messed up. I'm glad scientology lost some power since the early 2000s. At their height, they were ruthless. Unfortunately he's having so many people defend him without even bothering to real about the case. They really think 3 women made it all up, just because.

by Anonymousreply 24June 1, 2023 9:17 AM

Too bad L.A. County doesn't go after Bryan and Company.

by Anonymousreply 25June 1, 2023 9:19 AM

R24 - Fair game policy: Always attack enemies to harm by any means necessary. If a pet is a way to harm its owner, so be it is Scientology scripture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 1, 2023 9:30 AM

I really did not think they would find him guilty. Good for them. And where is Shelly?

by Anonymousreply 27June 1, 2023 10:59 AM

Leah Remini was on Twitter gloating after the verdict.

It put a smile on my face.

by Anonymousreply 28June 1, 2023 12:00 PM

This was a criminal trial, brought because the statute of limitations was lifted on sexual assaults for a window of time. He's going away for a long time. Oh happy day.

by Anonymousreply 29June 1, 2023 12:39 PM

Bijou is a total cunt and will side with Masterson. Despite the evidence. So no, save your sorrow for someone who deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 30June 1, 2023 12:44 PM

Seems like the victims only want him behind bars which makes me more inclined to believe them. He seemed to suggest they wanted money or were ex gfs who wanted to ruin his life, but who would have such a vendetta after 20 years of it was only a jilted ex?

by Anonymousreply 31June 1, 2023 1:04 PM

R16 Nope. Everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 32June 1, 2023 1:42 PM

Here’s Jeffrey Augustine’s account of what went down in court when the verdict was read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 1, 2023 3:32 PM

I remember listening to a podcast or interview, years ago, with Brett Ellis (I think). He’s talking about how he ran into Bijou at a club in LA one night and how she was recounting all the people she let eat her out. She wasn’t picky, literally anyone who asked to eat her pussy she would let them. He said he was grossed out by her.

by Anonymousreply 34June 1, 2023 3:36 PM

[quote] Everyone was a homophobic cunt in 2017.

No they weren’t.

by Anonymousreply 35June 1, 2023 3:54 PM

Is there a detailed account if exactly what he did and what the church did in turn? I just see a 2 sentence summary all the time.

by Anonymousreply 36June 1, 2023 3:55 PM

When did he do this?

by Anonymousreply 37June 1, 2023 3:55 PM

These are all Scientology people, so they’re all nuts…

In brief cross-examination before the trial ended for the day, questions from Masterson’s attorney Phillip Cohen suggested that he would challenge her over differences in the story she told police in 2004, which did not lead to charges for Masterson, and her testimony Wednesday.

She conceded that she omitted elements of the story at the time, “to protect people.”

At a preliminary hearing last year, a previous defense lawyer for Masterson emphasized that there was no mention of a gun in the LAPD report from 2004, and contended the three women had each reframed consensual sex as rape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 1, 2023 4:08 PM

Dude just [italic]looks[/italic] like a rapist. I hope he's put away till Xenu comes back.

by Anonymousreply 39June 1, 2023 4:11 PM

^^i.e. the 21st of NEVER.

by Anonymousreply 40June 1, 2023 4:23 PM

What will Bijou do? Her life has been a sordid mess. Is she mean? I have read bad things...

by Anonymousreply 41June 1, 2023 5:25 PM

Who will Bijou turn to now for sexual satisfaction now that her donkey puncher is unavailable due to incarceration?

by Anonymousreply 42June 1, 2023 7:17 PM

Bijou's parents. The dad of Mackenzie who said they slept together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 1, 2023 7:31 PM

Who could forget this gem of an interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 1, 2023 7:33 PM

I can't wait to see what his very careful coif of the last 25 years will look like.

by Anonymousreply 45June 1, 2023 7:35 PM

[quote]r22 I read Mackenzie’s book and it was wild… John was a disgusting human being. That came through loud and clear even though [bold]Mackenzie worshipped him [/bold]

Well, orally.

by Anonymousreply 46June 1, 2023 7:36 PM

Has Chyna been praying for her brother-in-law?

by Anonymousreply 47June 1, 2023 8:41 PM

Bijou Lilly Phillips Masterson (born April 1, 1980) is an American actress, model and singer. The daughter of musician John Phillips and Geneviève Waïte, she began her career as a model.

Phillips made her singing debut with I'd Rather Eat Glass (1999), and since her first major film appearance in Black and White (1999), she has acted in Almost Famous (2000), Bully (2001), The Door in the Floor (2004), Hostel: Part II (2007), and Choke (2008). From 2010 to 2013, she played the recurring role of Lucy Carlyle on the television series Raising Hope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 1, 2023 8:57 PM

She was at the trial! With her dumb Baldwin husband.

by Anonymousreply 49June 1, 2023 8:58 PM

Daniel Peter Masterson (born March 13, 1976) is an American actor. He is best known as Steven Hyde in That '70s Show (1998–2006), Milo Foster in Men at Work (2012–2014) and Jameson "Rooster" Bennett in The Ranch (2016–2018). In May 2023 he was convicted of two out of three counts of forcible rape, the third being deadlocked due to a hung jury.

A new trial was held in April and May 2023, and on May 31 Masterson was convicted of two of the three counts of forcible rape. The jury was hung 8–4 in favor of conviction on the third charge. Masterson was remanded to custody without bail until sentencing. No sentencing date was set, but a hearing was set for August 4, 2023. He faces 30 years to life in prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 1, 2023 9:00 PM

Danny and Bijou are supposedly worth $8 million.

by Anonymousreply 51June 1, 2023 9:03 PM

8 million before or after attorney fees?

by Anonymousreply 52June 1, 2023 9:50 PM

before

by Anonymousreply 53June 1, 2023 10:02 PM

[quote]r51 Danny and Bijou are supposedly worth $8 million.

She better stars hiding their money. Civil trials could conceivably follow.

$cientilogy could be sued, as well.

by Anonymousreply 54June 1, 2023 10:06 PM

[quote] I remember listening to a podcast or interview, years ago, with Brett Ellis (I think). He’s talking about how he ran into Bijou at a club in LA one night and how she was recounting all the people she let eat her out. She wasn’t picky, literally anyone who asked to eat her pussy she would let them. He said he was grossed out by her.

How classy of him to share that story with the podcast audience.

by Anonymousreply 55June 1, 2023 10:08 PM

Hosted by a former $cientologist:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 1, 2023 10:08 PM

The Phillips sisters are all close, and I think Michelle and Mackenzie are civil to each other now. Mackenzie is very close to Owen Elliot, Cass’ daughter.

by Anonymousreply 57June 1, 2023 10:15 PM

Mac and Mama Michelle were photographed together at Mama Cass' Walk of Fame Star ceremony about one year ago. Made me happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 1, 2023 10:38 PM

Well that's nice.

by Anonymousreply 59June 2, 2023 12:09 AM

R55 I googled it and it was actually Larry Clark on the Brett Ellis podcast

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 2, 2023 2:21 AM

Mackenzie Phillips is at least intelligent and has found some kind of second career as a sober coach. Her brother Jeff, the oldest child and other son from John's first wife whom he ditched for Michelle, has also straightened out and lives a normal life in Northern California with a scientist (not Scientologist?) wife.

Tamerlane makes all sorts of odd videos about Indian gods. I think he may have major mental health issues as recounted by Chynna - I need to find the clip. John Phillips was a hedonistic mess. Even KEITH RICHARDS told him he used too many drugs and needed to move out because he was a bad influence. KEITH RICHARDS.

by Anonymousreply 61June 2, 2023 3:04 AM

I have no idea who Jeffrey Augustine is but that was a good recap of the day. Strip searched!

by Anonymousreply 62June 2, 2023 3:59 AM

Strip search!!!! Hahaha

by Anonymousreply 63June 2, 2023 11:34 AM

That video at R5...No matter how cool Michelle Phillips was, she can sure spin a mom-length yarn when asked.

by Anonymousreply 64June 2, 2023 12:07 PM

I'm fascinated by Augustine's description of Masterson. He looked momentarily shocked then enraged. The entire Masterson clan really expected another hung jury. Such is the arrogance of the cult.

I'm starting to think this is the beginning of the end for Scientology, even if it will be a lingering death. There us still another hearing scheduled to determine how Scientology got some of the prosecution's documents illegally. There are multiple civil suits and, of course, there will almost certainly have to be a investigation into obstruction of justice by the church. If anything this should light a fire under the LA Times which has been noticeably lazy or hands off with the cult.

by Anonymousreply 65June 2, 2023 8:27 PM

I feel bad for their baby. They have a baby right?

by Anonymousreply 66June 3, 2023 11:31 PM

A kid who's like 9

by Anonymousreply 67June 5, 2023 2:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!