Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

LIZZO breaks her silence : “I LITERALLY STOPPED EATING FAST FOOD YEARS AGO.”

Lizzo is not trying to change her body; she’s trying to scroll social media without seeing disparaging comments about it.

Though that doesn’t seem like a hard ask, the Grammy winner, 35, often finds herself clapping back at trolls who use their small platforms to shame her for her weight.

Most recently, Lizzo went off on one specific hater who tweeted a video of her performing and wrote, “How is Lizzo THIS fat when she’s constantly moving this much on stage?! I wonder what she must be eating 🤣.”

“I JUST logged on [on this] app and this is the type of s–t I see about me on a daily basis,” the “Truth Hurts” singer replied Wednesday. “It’s really starting to make me hate the world.”

“Then someone in the comments said I eat ‘lots of fast food,'” she went on. “I LITERALLY STOPPED EATING FAST FOOD YEARS AGO.”

The Yitty shapewear line founder said she’s “tired of explaining” herself and “seeing [her] name in some bulls–t.”

In response to someone who claimed that Lizzo doesn’t want to change her appearance because her size is “her brand,” the hitmaker fired back, “I’m not trying to BE fat. I’m not trying to BE smaller. I’m literally just trying to live and be healthy. This is what my body looks like even when I’m eating super clean and working out!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 1, 2023 9:15 PM

Anyone still on Twitter gets zero sympathy from me. She's addicted to attention as much as to food.

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2023 9:55 PM

I think she's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2023 9:56 PM

I feel people wouldn't care about her weight if she didn't constantly bring it up. I never thought much about Rosie O'Donnell or Monique being fat because I don't remember them making a big deal about it. Being fat is normal in The US now, nobody is phased by it.

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2023 10:05 PM

Sure Jan and I’m the Easter bunny. You are stuffing your gullet with food. It doesn’t matter what you say.

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2023 10:09 PM

So... just hay?

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2023 10:12 PM

She exhausts me.

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2023 10:14 PM

Impossible to maintain the size she is without thousands of calories eaten per day, with not enough physical activity. Stop lying about your reasons. Just shrug and say "Yes, I eat what I want and I'm fat."

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2023 10:21 PM

Her thyroid needs to be checked

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2023 10:29 PM

… because she started injecting it directly into her veins

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2023 10:31 PM

[quote]“I LITERALLY STOPPED EATING FAST FOOD YEARS AGO.”

Literally? Why she be so fat?

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2023 10:37 PM

A couple nice restaurant meals a day would do it. Most contain at least a quarter stick of butter.

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2023 10:49 PM

Uh o Liz. Get em. Now if you can just say no the steaks, hotdogs, ice cream sandwiches, egg rolls, baked ziti, and key lime pie.

by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2023 10:57 PM

She’s a great singer and entertainer. That’s what matters.

by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2023 11:09 PM

Funny that she sang a song called "Truth Hurts."

She certainly finds the truth about her weight hurtful.

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2023 11:17 PM

[quote] I feel people wouldn't care about her weight if she didn't constantly bring it up. I never thought much about Rosie O'Donnell or Monique being fat because I don't remember them making a big deal about it.

People make fun of Chrissy Metz's weight all the time, and she rarely talks about it.

But I agree Lizzo wants it both ways, just like Sam Smith. She wants to flaunt her fat body, but she's not willing to ignore negative comments if she does.

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2023 11:17 PM

R12 😀

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2023 11:18 PM

Chrissy Metz is a lost cause. I think she realized this a long time ago, and gave up.

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2023 11:20 PM

She could have PCOS

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2023 11:20 PM

No such thing R17

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2023 11:25 PM

She probably isn’t eating fast food. She’s rich. You can eat clean and healthy foods, but if you eat too much of them you are still over consuming.

A meal out could have 1,200-2000 calories, from the restaurants who actually show calorie content. The poster above is correct that said two meals out would do it. A smart person knows to automatically halve their US restaurant meal and put it to the side for later.

I really like Lizzo and hope she stays strong. Maybe she could work with a nutritionist to discuss portioning. That part is the hardest I think. She doesn’t have to be small.

by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2023 11:25 PM

I absolutely believe she eats lean chicken and salads every day.

by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2023 11:26 PM

Exactly as R20 said, she may not eat fast food but eating 6 steaks for dinner or 2 whole chickens for breakfast will surely pack on the pounds

by Anonymousreply 22May 31, 2023 11:26 PM

Ok, Precious!

by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2023 11:45 PM

R23 I’m sorry but your comment made me think of this scene. One of the funniest scenes in a harrowing drama of all time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2023 11:58 PM

She’s eating pies at home slowly.

by Anonymousreply 25June 1, 2023 12:09 AM

[quote]Being fat is normal in The US now, nobody is phased by it.

R3? The word you want is "fazed." Please make a note of it.

by Anonymousreply 26June 1, 2023 12:18 AM

[quote]Being fat is normal in The US now, nobody is phased by it.

R3? The word you want is "fazed." Please make a note of it.

by Anonymousreply 27June 1, 2023 12:18 AM

She loves attention. She flaunts her fat and expects no criticism? She's become a joke. On a different subject, I got to where I couldn't stand to watch Aretha, because, Jesus Christ she let it all hang out.

by Anonymousreply 28June 1, 2023 12:34 AM

So sick of this loud-mouthed beached whale.

by Anonymousreply 29June 1, 2023 12:38 AM

I don't eat fast food, and I was overweight for several years. Why? Because I ate JUNK food. Junk food and fast food are two different things, and Lizzo is playing word games.

by Anonymousreply 30June 1, 2023 12:43 AM

The outfit she wore when she paid tribute to Tina Turner left me speechless for all of the wrong reasons.

by Anonymousreply 31June 1, 2023 12:55 AM

Jesus Lizzo, we get it already. You’re insecure about being obese, so you’re overcompensating by constantly telling everyone how proud you are of it.

by Anonymousreply 32June 1, 2023 12:57 AM

Yeah you can easily get fat eating fine cuisine. I love pastries and all of it, never have to eat fast food and could still be big as a house.

by Anonymousreply 33June 1, 2023 1:05 AM

That sworn-off food must’ve been faster than the speed of fcuking light.

by Anonymousreply 34June 1, 2023 1:07 AM

She will be thin by year's end. Mark my words. These meltdowns are preparation for her to justify using Ozempic. Best of luck to her.

by Anonymousreply 35June 1, 2023 2:54 AM

Baby, how you feelin'?

Feelin' FAT as hell!

by Anonymousreply 36June 1, 2023 3:02 AM

Didn't I even read she's apparently VEGAN?

Is she eating 5 packages of Oreos© a day (Oreos are vegan, after all). Because that could do it.

It's NOT fast food, after all.

by Anonymousreply 37June 1, 2023 3:04 AM

Her Tina “tribute” was an abomination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 1, 2023 3:12 AM

Not even in the same universe as Tina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 1, 2023 3:13 AM

Ozempic only helps you lose about 12-20% of your body weight, and that's if you actually eat sensibly and exercise. There's not enough Ozempic in the world to get Lizzo thin.

by Anonymousreply 40June 1, 2023 3:14 AM

r38 I just listened to the first part of her tribute (singing part) and she sounds like she doesn't know that song at all or it's maybe only the 2nd or 3rd time she's attempted to sing it after hearing it on the radio. I didn't want to listen to the rest.

by Anonymousreply 41June 1, 2023 3:22 AM

How many Ariana Grandes does she weight?

by Anonymousreply 42June 1, 2023 11:27 AM

Well hon, fast food or slow food, you're obviously eating way too much of it.

by Anonymousreply 43June 1, 2023 11:51 AM

At least I look better than she does...

by Anonymousreply 44June 1, 2023 11:53 AM

Blame it on the juice, she must be drinking gallons of it!

by Anonymousreply 45June 1, 2023 12:00 PM

Yeah, like 50 gallon drums full of it.

by Anonymousreply 46June 1, 2023 12:19 PM

Oh, oh, oh, ozempic!

by Anonymousreply 47June 1, 2023 12:27 PM

Yeah Sam R44, at least Lizzo has never made me want to stab a fork in my eye.

by Anonymousreply 48June 1, 2023 12:42 PM

We can thank Oprah for telling African American women not to be ashamed of their body size, and emphasized 'big is beautiful' for all these years. She told them to 'embrace themselves' and 'love their bodies' - so here's where we are in 2023.

by Anonymousreply 49June 1, 2023 2:59 PM

r49, if she loved her body size she would not care if people said she ate fast food all the time.

Basically you can sum up Lizzo's attitude with this famous clip from "The Favourite":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 1, 2023 3:15 PM

R50 By wearing the costumes she wears while performing, and sharing the photos which she does on social media - YES, she loves her body size. She's proud of it. She's taking issue with those who don't love her body size the way she does.

by Anonymousreply 51June 1, 2023 3:33 PM

The ladies of The View stand with Lizzo ! Sunny said she learned long ago not to read comments about herself on social media - they're hurtful and disgusting written by those who have 'keyboard courage'.

by Anonymousreply 52June 1, 2023 6:54 PM

[quote]LIZZO breaks her silence

And 3 chairs.

by Anonymousreply 53June 1, 2023 9:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!