Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jensen Ackles Has Ideas For A Supernatural Revival

Jensen Ackles reveals he has ideas for a Supernatural revival, including a 10-episode series at HBO Max reuniting him with Jared Padalecki.

As the franchise gears up for its next chapter, Jensen Ackles reveals he has ideas for a potential Supernatural revival series at HBO Max. Ackles starred in the beloved CW series as Dean Winchester, older brother to Jared Padalecki's Sam, both of whom are regarded as the best monster hunters in America, and possibly the world. Supernatural initially chronicles their journey to find their missing monster hunter father, Jeffrey Dean Morgan's John, before ultimately becoming about the two tackling various cases across the country and protecting the world from apocalyptic threats.

[quote]"I kind of feel [Warner Bros.] were watching 15 years of a small-screen buddy comedy! I have this lofty dream of when, after things have settled, we'll tackle one more case as Sam and Dean. I've got a few ideas. [Maybe] a nice 10-episode short-order for HBO Max, I'm just saying. Like a whole True Detective meets Supernatural. It's right there."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 1, 2023 12:30 AM

Christ! That fucking show was on too damn long as it was!

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2023 5:59 PM

Unless they fuck, no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2023 6:08 PM

I remember a showrunner saying at one point, the only reason this show was able to continue so long (along with some other WB shows) was because of Netflix buying the rights to show them.

Whatever WB pays "itself" for the show is going to be peanuts compared to Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2023 6:11 PM

This is only acceptable if it opens with a scene of JA’s character being fucked by his massive dicked BF. JA breaks down because he realizes he can’t take the monster any longer, breaks up with the guy, has a mid life crisis, blah blah blah, and decides to do one last monster hunt to find himself again.

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2023 6:14 PM

I'd watch this.

Or maybe even a Supernatural movie.

Do it like how Marvel movies do it, churning out a new movie every two or three years.

There's a lot of Supernatural "lore" and "canon" to work with.

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2023 6:14 PM

[quote] it opens with a scene of JA’s character being fucked by his massive dicked BF. JA breaks down because he realizes he can’t take the monster any longer, breaks up with the guy

So basically, the Benny and Dean relationship, but with actual sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2023 6:22 PM

He's obviously missing the attention he was getting when that show was on. Lord knows it's not about the money, he's beyond loaded.

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2023 7:45 PM

Apparently there is supposed to be a five year gap between the penultimate and final Supernatural episodes, so it would be perfectly feasible to do a few adventures set then, if they wanted to. However, it does look like Jared is otherwise engaged. And there would be no Castiel, of course.

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2023 9:41 PM

Why wouldn't Castiel be available?

by Anonymousreply 9June 1, 2023 12:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!