Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to announce his 2024 presidential campaign on Tuesday

This is the former governor' second run for the GOP presidential nomination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 7, 2023 10:20 AM

Uh-oh, clown car nearing capacity.

I do wonder how/if he'll go after Trump. Will he retaliate for Trump constantly making fun of his weight, or will he go the Ted Cruz route and just submit.

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2023 2:44 PM

I don't think you can use the words "Chris Christie" and "run" in the same sentence.

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2023 2:45 PM

I hope that by some miracle he wins the Republican nomination, for the sake of our country. No, he's not "good", but...

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2023 3:49 PM

this keeps his name on somewhat relevant when it comes to getting booked on political discussion TV shows

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2023 3:54 PM

Oh yay! Another morally impaired authoritarian fatassed asshole!

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2023 3:57 PM

If he gets to be POTUS, he will the next Howard Taft and get stuck in the Whitehouse bath tub.

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2023 4:00 PM

Trump stringing Christie along during the 2016 election and then kicking Christie to the curb once he was in the White House was, admittedly, one of Trump's more hilarious bits.

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2023 4:04 PM

Hopefully, the only reason he is running ( he knows he has not chance) is to constantly attack Trump and bring up more dirt.

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2023 4:05 PM

"Authoritarian", R5? Don't you think you're exaggerating just a tad? You know, it's not good to water down words like "authoritarian" and "fascist" by using them for every Tom, Dick, and Harry because we need to be able to accurately label the real authoritarians and fascists.

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2023 4:06 PM

I mean he closed a bridge just to lift his gunt and do some dick waving

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2023 4:07 PM

Republicans should be so proud of their candidates running for President! What an honorable, intelligent group of individuals.

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2023 4:08 PM

He's gonna soak up the sun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2023 4:09 PM

He's bragged for years about wanting to cut social security

by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2023 4:12 PM

Unlike Biden and Harris, Trump, Christie, and DeSantis best represent real Americans.......fat and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2023 4:13 PM

It's like there's a weight threshold that needs to be crossed to run in the Republican primary.

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2023 4:15 PM

Apparently, he’s going to be the one to speak truth to Trump during the primary debates. But I don’t think Trump is going to show up.

Christie is being backed to clear the field so a challenger to Trump can emerge. Problem is, the GOP is no better off than it was in 2015 - there is no challenger. It was clear when they were fielding candidates like McCain and Romney at the top of the ticket that they didn’t have a very deep bench of talent in the party - which is why Trump was able to take it over so easily. He was just inhabiting an already empty shell.

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2023 4:21 PM

[quote]Christie is being backed to clear the field so a challenger to Trump can emerge.

You mean "can't emerge", right? Because Trump greatly benefits from a stacked field of candidates.

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2023 4:29 PM

How can he not realize how futile a run for president will be? Would love the mental health professionals of DL to explain. So very strange to me that he's blinded to the impossibility of winning. Maybe he has other motives?

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2023 4:32 PM

All of these idiots who are running are just assuring a Trump nomination, which could be the reason they are running.

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2023 4:59 PM

"How can he not realize how futile a run for president will be? Would love the mental health professionals of DL to explain. So very strange to me that he's blinded to the impossibility of winning."

R18, so much can change in 524 days. People die, people get sick, scandals are revealed, people drop out for all kinds of reasons. It's always a roll of the dice and nothing is "impossible".

by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2023 5:28 PM

Well, actually R18, people like Christie, Haley, Scott et al, have no expectation of topping the ticket or winning the presidency. Some pundits say they may hope to get the VP nomination - which in Haley’s and Scott’s case seems particularly far-fetched. They also do it to raise their profile. But the don’t honestly believe they can win.

I mean, Pence, is he still in it? No constituency. No chance at VP. Certainly no chance of being anywhere on the ticket. You think that would’ve been something else Dan Quayle would’ve advised him of.

by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2023 8:46 PM

[bold]Pence to announce 2024 presidential campaign on June 7[/bold]

Now we need a billionaire to throw his hat into the ring and we'll have a field like the 1996 presidential election: Dole, DuPont, Buchanan, Forbes, Robertson, Alexander, and more I just can't remember right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 31, 2023 9:59 PM

If we stuck a fork in him would gravy pour out?

by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2023 10:33 PM

Seriously speaking, Christie's time has passed. His time never really was, but that train left the station years ago. Why does this guy think he has a chance. It's over. It was over in 2016, but 2024?!

Does Christie have any self-awareness at all?

by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2023 11:08 PM

As usual, the Republican field is chock full of losers. Which dumb shit will declare next?

by Anonymousreply 25May 31, 2023 11:33 PM

"Seriously speaking, Christie's time has passed."

After his loss to Kennedy, Nixon was in MUCH worse shape than Christie is now, and everyone said his "time was passed", too.

by Anonymousreply 26May 31, 2023 11:42 PM

Well we know he is not "running" for President.

by Anonymousreply 27May 31, 2023 11:47 PM

Did absolutely nothing for the state when he was governor.

Irony is his overreaction to quarantining health workers who came home from Africa after serving people suffering through a pandemic of sorts. If he had been governor during Covid, he would have dismissed lockdowns and social distancing!

The only hopeful note is that he will tell that racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile to shut up and sit down!

I won't hold my breath.

by Anonymousreply 28May 31, 2023 11:47 PM

No. No more morbidly obese presidents. All of the other world leaders were either slim/fit or just a bit overweight. Lardass Trump hauling his big, fat ass up around all of the other leaders and looking like Bertha the cow, was humiliating!

No more fatasses for president of the US!

by Anonymousreply 29May 31, 2023 11:49 PM

[quote] "Authoritarian", [R5]? Don't you think you're exaggerating just a tad? You know, it's not good to water down words like "authoritarian" and "fascist" by using them for every Tom, Dick, and Harry because we need to be able to accurately label the real authoritarians and fascists.

He closed a fucking bridge as political retaliation.

by Anonymousreply 30May 31, 2023 11:51 PM

[quote]No more fatasses for president of the US!

Most Americans look like them.

[quote]Nearly 70% of adults in the US are either overweight or obese.

According to nationwide surveys the National Institutes of Health has conducted since the early 1960s, US obesity rates have tripled over the last 60 years. Severe obesity, also known as morbid obesity, has risen tenfold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 1, 2023 12:30 AM

Who are those people who say:. "Yep. That's the guy I want to represent the U.S."

by Anonymousreply 32June 1, 2023 12:37 AM

Our president ought to be an example of fitness for Americans, not some fatass slob, R31. Every president aside from Trump has been an active individual. No more sedentary fatasses. Its not only poor representation for our country when all of the other countries (who also have fat citizens but who elect leaders who are in good shape) but sets a shitty example to all.

by Anonymousreply 33June 1, 2023 12:44 AM

C U Next Tuesday !

by Anonymousreply 34June 1, 2023 12:47 AM

I don't know how this fat fuck survived Covid. He was in the ICU for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 35June 1, 2023 12:48 AM

Local radio host has called him "Shamu," since he was in office. Remember photo of him on the beach?

by Anonymousreply 36June 1, 2023 12:50 AM

After Christie hasdsurgery to reduce weight, he got fatter, Should've gone to Dr. Now in Houston. 1200 calories a day until you meet the goal.

by Anonymousreply 37June 1, 2023 12:53 AM

He might be the best friend Biden has.........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2023 1:29 PM

He’ll be announcing from a parking lot Krispy Kreme.

by Anonymousreply 39June 4, 2023 1:38 PM

Don’t Americans get sick of this BS every four years?

by Anonymousreply 40June 4, 2023 1:39 PM

That's how democratic systems work, r40. It might get tiresome occasionally, but it certainly beats the alternative by a long mile.

by Anonymousreply 41June 4, 2023 1:43 PM

Looks great. But seriously, he was for a while a pretty solid public speaker and showed some potential to lead assertively. But Bridgegate and some other unforced errors eroded his stature as a leader. The comedian Anthony Jeselnik tells a pretty good gastric bypass joke. At the Roast of Roseanne Barr, he said she is an inspiration because she had gastric bypass surgery, “and she BEAT IT!”. Christie looks like that.

by Anonymousreply 42June 4, 2023 1:47 PM

Imagine the sheer effort it must go into beating a gastric bypass, you need to be stuffing yourself almost constantly like a fucking pig. I think someone like that is fundamentally unfit to be president.

But also, as I've said a hundred times before, it takes a special kind of personality deficiency to be a rich fat whore and simply refuse to go on Ozempic.

by Anonymousreply 43June 4, 2023 2:01 PM

[quote] This is the former governor' second run

More like his second waddle.

by Anonymousreply 44June 4, 2023 3:07 PM

How is he not dead yet? This fat fucker defies the medical odds of death from obesity.

by Anonymousreply 45June 4, 2023 3:13 PM

It’s not about fat or thin. It’s about intelligence and integrity.

by Anonymousreply 46June 4, 2023 3:26 PM

The best thing Christie can do is take Trump down several notches.

by Anonymousreply 47June 4, 2023 3:41 PM

[quote]If we stuck a fork in him would gravy pour out?

The man has so many layers of fat, you'd have to stick that fork in pretty deep to pour out anything.

by Anonymousreply 48June 4, 2023 3:47 PM

[quote] It’s not about fat or thin. It’s about intelligence and integrity.

You type fat.

by Anonymousreply 49June 4, 2023 3:49 PM

Nothing says presidential like that picture, a tired old fat slob that looks like an insurance salesman.

by Anonymousreply 50June 4, 2023 4:14 PM

r46 Sorry, but no. Remaining obese when you're rich reveals certain things about your character that we don't need in the White House. He literally just needs to book an appointment with his doctor for semaglutide and he refuses to do even that. And you want someone like that to call the shots with the nukes?

by Anonymousreply 51June 4, 2023 4:50 PM

Since the Republicans have nothing to offer except retribution, let's hope that he follows the theme and targets Trump as opposed to any of the other cowards who won't speak a bad word about the felonious traitor.

by Anonymousreply 52June 4, 2023 4:56 PM

In New Jersey people get fat in order to starve the bedbugs.

by Anonymousreply 53June 4, 2023 4:57 PM

This GOP primary is going to be a bigger shitshow than the 2015-16 one.

And no matter how many federal and state indictments Trump is served with, they're NEVER going to get him off the ticket. He'll never give up hope that he'll get the presidency again and can pardon himself. They're going to have to suffocate him.

Thank gawd for Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 54June 4, 2023 7:37 PM

[quote] He'll never give up hope that he'll get the presidency again and can pardon himself.

R54 I don’t think he’ll have to pardon himself. The DOJ has a written policy of not allowing judicial indictments and trials to proceed against a sitting President. That is, unless Biden orders an end to that DOJ policy as a defense against Trump or any other Republican candidate becoming President in 2024. Despite what Democratic politicians like to say, sitting Presidents ARE above the law in terms of the Judiciary branch. The House and Senate can still impeach and remove a President, respectively, but we’ve seen how unlikely that is to happen.

by Anonymousreply 55June 4, 2023 11:28 PM

Christie announcing right now. He's killing Trump and admitting his own faults and mistakes. It's refreshing coming from a Republican. I won't vote for him, but he will cause Trump a stroke. Trump - "a self-serving mirror hog is not a leader." He's also taking on the other pretenders, afraid of taking on Voldemort, so they never speak his name.

by Anonymousreply 56June 6, 2023 11:02 PM

[quote] Christie announcing right now. He's killing Trump and admitting his own faults and mistakes. It's refreshing coming from a Republican.

I know DL hates Christie because he's morbidly obese and because he's an arrogant asshole. But he could be the best thing to happen in this presidential race. He's the only one who's not afraid to take on Trump and the MAGA base head-on. He won't get the GOP nomination, and he probably knows that, but he could do some serious damage to Trump or DeSantis, making the path to re-election a little smoother for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 57June 6, 2023 11:38 PM

“Christie angered some social conservatives ahead of his 2016 bid with a decision to end a legal effort to stop same-sex marriages in New Jersey.”

by Anonymousreply 58June 7, 2023 3:08 AM

His face looks like a block of clay from a 1970's kids show called Giggle Snort Hotel. He's just another jerk.

by Anonymousreply 59June 7, 2023 5:19 AM

R55, you can bet the farm that if Trump is indicted and somehow wins the presidency he will try to pardon himself. Be serious.

by Anonymousreply 60June 7, 2023 5:33 AM

R57, “the best thing to happen to this presidential race”? The GOP is not going to find their footing no matter who enters the race. So what if Christie starts and leads the circular firing squad? It’s not like there’s a good candidate on the right. Have you listened to any of these people? Chris Christie shooting fish in a barrel is hardly cause to rejoice. The GOP is NOT fit to govern.

I mean, did you hear Chris Sununu on MSNBC the other night? This was supposed to be the sensible, reasonable candidate? Going on about “the Russian collusion hoax” and how Trump being indicted is “a political witch hunt”? O-kay. These people don’t engage with reality.

by Anonymousreply 61June 7, 2023 5:39 AM

Chris Christie blasts Trump during presidential bid announcement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 7, 2023 7:33 AM

[quote] The GOP is not going to find their footing no matter who enters the race. It’s not like there’s a good candidate on the right. Have you listened to any of these people? Chris Christie shooting fish in a barrel is hardly cause to rejoice. The GOP is NOT fit to govern.

Oh, I know that. The whole GOP is pure trash. I certainly don't think Christie will help a strong, "sensible" GOP candidate emerge. That will never happen, and that wasn't my point at all. I just think that if Christie is able to stay in the race long enough to get some media attention, all of his insults may help weaken Trump or DeSantis (or whoever the eventual GOP nominee is), which can only help Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 63June 7, 2023 10:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!