Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Twitter is boosting blue check accounts that spew homophobia and racism

Fuck you, Elon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2023 1:36 AM

I see so much misinformation from blue checks with thousands of views, likes, and comments and retweets. Then the correction will be somewhere languishing with 11 views and no likes. The community notes feature sometimes appears and then randomly vanishes. And it doesn't come up until after thousands have already seen the false info anyway. Shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2023 6:09 AM

Yes it's a total shitshow now R1. I stopped using/visiting Twitter about 12 months ago when it was obvious what was happening.

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2023 6:12 AM

There was a linked tweet on another thread about the Target pride collection debacle. and someone casually tweeted back that gay people should actually be encouraged to wear pride gear because it makes it easier to round us up and shoot us all. I don’t use Twitter myself, but….. is this type of uncensored hate speech common, or did Trust and Safety miss it?

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2023 6:21 AM

Responsible and authoritative people created a vacuum by not ponying up the $8 themselves. People who created the vacuum have no right to complain about what they caused to happen.

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2023 6:24 AM

Welcome to the world of Gen X in charge.

We didn't things would get worse after Boomers and yet here we are.

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2023 7:24 AM

It's common now R3.

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2023 7:33 AM

I can’t imagine (or empathize with) a homosexual that is so self hating that they continue to use twitter.

If you don’t have enough self-respect to stay off of twitter, just swallow a big handful of pills.

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2023 8:32 AM

R7 I think Elon’s plan is to eliminate gay voices (and everyone else he disagrees with) from Twitter, so he’d probably agree with you 100%

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2023 8:43 AM

I don't have Twitter, it never seemed that interesting to me and that opinion has been proven to be correct.

When you say Twitter is "boosting" blue check accounts, what does that mean? Is Elon now actively promoting fascist "influencers" on his platform ahead of other users?

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2023 8:44 AM

It's only going to get worse as the 2024 election approaches. You'll have thousands of blue check accounts pretending to be real, legitimate news organizations, posting misinformation and AI-generated deepfake videos. And millions of idiots believing it and sharing it. We're fucked.

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2023 8:58 AM

I see a few posters who mention and discuss Twitter on the DL but it's mostly the dumb posters. Intelligent DLers don't use Twitter.

In fact most adult professionals I know don't have or use Twitter. I've read dumb media like the Daily Fail cite Twitter as a source for things or as a back up "See! People on twitter also love Russia and hate democracy!" Normal people don't seem to bother with Twitter at all.

I suspect it's something for stupid people and for right-wingers. Let them rant and rave to each other, it's nothing to us.

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2023 9:09 AM

It's time rational people abandoned the Melon Husk's domain.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2023 1:30 AM

Why is anyone still on Twitter? It's a shit show of biblical proportions and only promises to get worse.

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2023 1:32 AM

wE lOvE tWiTeR aNd WoRsHiP eLoN!

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2023 1:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!