Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"The Life of the Party" goes overboard

A passenger on a Carnival Magic ship is missing after he fell overboard off the coast of Jacksonville, Florida, while on his first-ever cruise with his wife, authorities and family said Tuesday.

The 35-year-old passenger, identified by his wife as Ronnie Lee Peale Jr., ended up in the ocean about 185 miles east of Jacksonville early Monday, the US Coast Guard said.

Coast Guard aircraft and ships are being used in the search for the missing man.

Although officials have not formally named the passenger, Peale’s wife, Jennilyn Michelle Blosser, told Virginia news outlet WTKR that the man who went overboard is her husband.

According to the description of a GoFundMe campaign that Blosser launched Tuesday, she and her husband had gone on the cruise to celebrate her birthday.

The ship set out from Norfolk, Virginia, on May 25 and headed toward the Bahamas, bef

“This was Ronnie’s first cruise and thankfully he had a great time and made plenty of friends,” Blosser writes. “He is our social butterfly that was always on the move and loved to make friends with everyone.”

Blosser told WTRK that her husband is “the life of the party,” adding that he loved drinking, gambling and socializing on the ship.

The woman described herself as “devastated to say the least” by the unexpected incident.

Peale was reported missing late Monday afternoon. The Coast Guard statement said security footage on the ship shows that the man “leaned over the railing of his stateroom balcony and dropped into the water” at 4:10 a.m.

Carnival said the Coast Guard released the ship from search efforts and told the captain to return to port in Norfolk, Virginia, where it arrived as planned Tuesday.

Other passengers on the cruise reported hearing Carnival personnel asking for Peale over the intercom multiple times throughout the day Monday, but some said they only learned that he had gone overboard from Blosser’s Facebook post.

The ship can hold nearly 4,000 guests and is about 1,000 feet long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2023 5:30 AM

She just couldn't wait to go on a publicity tour and start a GoFundMe, huh?

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2023 4:41 AM

Well this all seems to be working out well for her doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2023 4:45 AM

If I ever spend my hard-earned vacation off the coast of Jacksonville, Florida, please just execute me by firing squad.

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2023 4:46 AM

Sounds like a gender reversed “Skinny Dip”

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2023 4:50 AM

It's weird that if you click on the link to the local story it actually clarifies that it's not her husband and that he's her longtime fiance. In the GoFundMe she just refers to herself as Ronnie's lover. The whole story is weird like the fact that nobody reported and missing until that afternoon and what's the point of all the closed circuit security footage if nobody's actively monitoring it specifically to see if passengers fall out. Also there's a weird quote about how she thought he might be up for one Cruise a month.

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2023 4:51 AM

[quote] "The Life of the Party"

Not any more.

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2023 5:00 AM

I was also wondering since I've never been on a cruise can you really just lean over the balcony and fall like that? It seems like given the way the ship would list or rock or the way I imagine it would anyway that they wouldn't be that low but again I've never bothered to be on a cruise because nothing about them appeals to me. The Facebook comments to every story I read though seemed to support that you can't just lean over and magically fall so what's really going on here.

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2023 5:00 AM

[quote]A passenger on a Carnival Magic ship is missing after he fell overboard off the coast of Jacksonville, Florida,

1 word. - Florida

Of course

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2023 5:13 AM

[quote] I was also wondering since I've never been on a cruise can you really just lean over the balcony and fall like that? [...] The Facebook comments to every story I read though seemed to support that you can't just lean over and magically fall so what's really going on here.

What would you think would keep them from falling? Invisible force fields?

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2023 5:14 AM

[quote] "The Life of the Party"

That was part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2023 5:18 AM

I bet his grandfather was dangling him over the balcony

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2023 5:38 AM

dun dun DUUUUUUNNNN!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2023 5:57 AM

My mother went on a girls cruise and she said the railings are pretty high. Hard to just fall over unless you're really trying.

by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2023 4:53 AM

……..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2023 4:58 AM

Aka "Ronnie's lover" Then why did you keep saying his wife? This dude looks the type to drunkenly climb the railing. Between him and that Cameron kid, the sharks are eating well. And only 1000 bucks raised? Damn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2023 5:25 AM

Hope he’s found alive out there.

by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2023 5:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!