Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Brain Damage’ (1988) - what a fucking bizarre disgusting 80s horror movie.

They had a 9:30pm showing tonight at my local theatre, so I went to see it because it’s an 80s low budget horror filmed in NYC, and I’ve never watched it. Omg it’s disgusting. I really got grossed out numerous times while watching. It’s pure 80s sleazy horror, which is usually fun but I didn’t find this one fun (although from what I’ve read online, many do).

I will say it held my interest from start to finish and was interesting, but GROSS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2023 6:02 PM

I honestly think that Rick Hearst would have had a bigger career were it not for his strangely-shaped, grayish teeth. He really should have had that taken care of.

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2023 4:30 AM

Not everyone can have a “big” career. He did fine for himself with small movies and soap operas.

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2023 4:35 AM

This was his very first acting role

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2023 4:36 AM

It's pretty much impossible to find photos of his teeth before he got his falsies. He obviously knew how fucked up they were and had the whole web scrubbed using what little money he had left.

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2023 4:48 AM

Oh, he did get false teeth, R4? He still had the bad ones when he was on Guiding Light, at least in the early years. I found them to be a constant distraction.

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2023 3:21 PM

I remember enjoying the movie but remember very little. I vaguely remember the cock-shaped monster wriggling into the guy's ear.

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2023 4:04 PM

[quote] He obviously knew how fucked up they were and had the whole web scrubbed using what little money he had left.

Boy, there's a lot of assumptions being made here. You know this all how? And how does one go about scrubbing the web?

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2023 5:21 PM

What made it so gross?

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2023 5:32 PM

His teeth were fine. I didn’t notice anything off about his teeth.

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2023 5:36 PM

I actually stumbled upon this on the Criterion Channel a few months back. Loved the cheeziness of it all! But the one thought that I couldn’t get out of my head was “This is on the CRITERION CHANNEL?!?!?!”

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2023 5:43 PM

It has a cult following from 80s low budget horror fans. Many think it’s brilliant. I didn’t think it was necessarily cheesy because it was weird and creepy

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2023 6:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!